Siren Song (All Might x Reade...

By Smemerline

Before he became Izuku's teacher, All Might was a young Symbol of peace. Amidst all the business of defeatin... More

Chapter 1: Serenade
Chapter 2: A Proposition
Chapter 3: Belongings
Chapter 4: Shopping
Chapter 5: Busy Day
Chapter 6: Do you even lift?
Chapter 7: Protein Powder
Chapter 8: Family
Chapter 9: Tartarus
Chapter 10: Cake
Chapter 11: Movies
Halloween special Pt.1
Halloween Pt. 2
Chapter 12: Routine
Chapter 13: Super Suit
Chapter 14: Coffee Shop
Fixing stuff
Chapter 16: Lunch
Chapter 17: Girls Night
Chapter 18: The Bar
Chapter 19: The Dream
Requests?
Chapter 20: The Hangover
Chapter 21: Open Mic Night
Chapter 22: Runaway
Chapter 23: Pizza Time
Fan Art (Updated 11-3-19)
Chapter 24: Chiara
Chapter 25: So Close
Chaoter 25: An Offer
Chapter 26: Publicity
Halloween Special
Chapter 27: Reunited
Announcement: New cover
Update:
Chapter 28: Brienne
Chapter 29: Good Bye for Now
Chapter 30: Sorahiko
Chapter 31: Nana
Chapter 32: Lights, Camera, Action!
Chapter 33: The Premiere
Chapter 34: Hiding Away
***Chapter 35: The Fitting***
Chapter 36: The Gala
******Chapter 37: Closer********
Chapter 38: The final confrontation
Chapter 39: The hospital
Chapter 40: Healing
The End

Chapter 15: Back to the Prison

5.5K 222 276
By Smemerline

When you woke up the next morning you could feel the hot summer sun heating your skin. You could feel the beginning of a sunburn as you propped yourself up on one elbow. The sun was blinding as you opened your eyes, doing your best to adjust to the light. You could see that the couch had deflated overnight, but for some reason you weren't lying on the uncomfortable concrete of the roof. Just as you were about to investigate this fact, you felt a hand on your back. You looked down to see Toshi underneath you, smiling groggily as he wiped the sleep from his eyes.

"Mornin'"

"Good morning!" You squeaked, both startled and embarrassed by the position you were in.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, sitting up a little, just barely moving you. From the way it looked, you must've laid on top of him all night. The thought made your cheeks burn bright red.

"Uh.. Yeah! Sorry for... Um..." You looked down at your two bodies pressed together. He didn't seem to mind.

"It's alright! We must've fallen asleep. This couch must have a hole in it somewhere."

"Probably..." You continued blushing, feeling the shame and embarrassment heat your face.

"Hey," He caught your attention. "I know what you're thinking. It's fine, I don't mind!" He smiled genuinely, tentatively rubbing your back a little. You relaxed slightly, smiling and shaking your head. If anything, he was just making your embarrassment worse by pointing it out.

"Well... Thank you for serving as my mattress last night, Mr. Symbol of Peace."

"Of course, ma'am" He put on his hero voice.

You got off of him and sat up, stretching your joints. Toshi sat up as well, grabbing his phone and looking at the time.

"Well, everyone will be here for training in an hour, then afterwards we're taking you to the prison."

"Oh shoot, I forgot we were going today. The days are starting to blend together."

"You've been a busy woman," He said, stretching his own muscles. You could hear his joints pop and crunch as he shook himself out.

"Will you be coming with me today?" You asked, your voice hopeful.

"I will! I told you I was going to come with you eventually. I won't be patrolling until later this afternoon."

You felt a flutter of excitement in your chest. Your visits to the prison weren't exactly the kind of fun thing you wanted to do with Toshinori, but the thought of him watching you do that was exciting. Maybe he'd be impressed when he watched you in action.

"Who all is coming along today, then?" You asked, standing up from the ground and helping him gather up the stuff he's set out the night before.

"Everyone. Gran Torino, saffron, sir, tsukauchi. The whole group".

"That's a lot of pressure..." you said, suddenly nervous at the thought of such a large audience. "Wait, why is saffron coming? The hero work stuff isn't usually her thing".

"She wanted to. She likes you, I think. You two have a lot in common. She doesn't have much time to make friends outside of me and her boom writing".

"Since when does she write books?"

"She's a world famous author!" He looked at you flabbergasted. "Have you never heard of her before this?"

"Huh... I guess not. I didn't realize. What's her book about?" The two of you talked as you helped him fold up the large inflatable couch.

"Take a guess". Toshi smirked.

"Health and diet stuff?"

"Exactly. And dating advice, sometimes."

"Huh... interesting. Is she married?"

"No, but she's been with her girlfriend for a while now. Before even I met her. She loves to talk about her, you should ask her about her. Her names Camila. I think she works at a local school around here. I'm not sure."

"Oh, sweet" you cataloged Saffron under people you could rely on for dating advice, on the unlikely chance you'd ever need it.

As the two of you finished folding the couch, Toshinori easily hoisted it up over his shoulder and led you to the elevator.

"I'll let you get ready for training. It'll be a shorter session today," he mentioned, "since we have a lot to do at the prison. We were also gonna talk strategy over lunch today, so we have a concrete plan".

"Oh, right. Gotcha" you said, suddenly all business. The two of you stepped off into the elevator and were instantly blasted by the cool air of your air conditioned apartment. It felt good against your freshly sunburnt skin.

"I'll see you in an hour!" He smiled, making his way off to his office to put the couch away.

"See you," you replied before heading off in the direction of your own room. Your mind was buzzing with all of the information you'd been given. Saffron wrote books, you had to go to the prison with Toshi today, and you couldn't get the feeling of sleeping on top of him out of your head. It was the most predominant thing on your mind at that moment, you remembered how warm and form he was, the way he looked at you when he woke up, how he rubbed your back.

Embarrassingly childish thoughts filled your head: would you ever get to do that again? Why was he so affectionate? Did he like you?

You pushed that last thought out of your head. No, that couldn't be. He was just being friendly. This was a business arrangement after all. You couldn't let feelings and thoughts like that interfere.

You flopped onto your bed and groaned into your pillow. Feeling like you did was so hard. Every day you could feel yourself becoming more and more attached to him. He caused your heart to feel all weird and indescribable. You'd never felt that way before. What sucked the most was you couldn't act on it.

After a few minutes of groaning, you sent a quick snapchat to Saffron in an attempt to clear your mind.

YN: you wrote a book?

Sassafras: 15, actually. Why?

YN: All Might mentioned it. I didn't know. Are you coming over later?

Sassafras: yeah, leaving in a bit. Running late. Can't wait to see you suck the soul out of a villain.

YN: Omg dont phrase it like that!

Sassafras: lol see you soon

You tossed your phone to the side and sat up, heavily sighing. You had to get ready, time was wasting. You didn't bother with a shower, considering you'd get sweaty training and going to the gym anyways. It seemed counter productive. You threw on your normal training garb over top your suit, getting in a few stretches as you put your hair into a tight braid. You debated waiting in your room until everyone got there, but decided bite the bullet and wait for them in the living room. It was the social thing to do.

Your stomach growled audibly, and for a minute you considered making yourself something to eat really quick, but anything other than fruit probably wouldn't pair well with your training. You grabbed an apple from the counter and hoped that there'd be an opportunity to eat an actual breakfast before you went to the prison.

You sat at the counter and munched on your apple, waiting for someone to come. You hoped it would be Toshinori, or Saffron, but the first person to exit off of the elevator was Gran Torino, followed by Sir Nighteye. Gran Torino looked expectantly at you, peering over the kitchen from the elevator in hopes that you were cooking something.

"Morning," you greeted them between bites of apple. Sir looked as impassive as always, his face uninterested and unreadable. The grumpy old man spoke before he did.

"Good morning. Where is Toshinori?"

"I don't know. He went into his office. I haven't seen him since."

"Hmph," the old man crossed his arms and sat up at the counter next to you. You could hear his stomach growl. You smirked internally.

"Want some breakfast?" You asked, gesturing to the fruit basket.

"No, I'm fine. I don't much like fruit," He grunted. You knew what he was hoping for, the man was much more readable than his stoic counterpart. He was hoping for some more taiyaki. You had some stowed away in the freezer, they just needed reheated, but you weren't going to just give them to him  right away, this was hilarious to watch.

"Oh... well, I have some frozen taiyaki I made the other day in the freezer, but you're probably not interested in that."

You saw the interest spark in his eyes. He thought for a minute, debating whether he was going to ask or not. He chose his words carefully, "Well... they'll get freezer burnt in there and go bad. That's a waste."

Your grin grew, you hopped off the stool and walked over to the freezer, looking inside and hiding your smug face from him.

"Well, I just put them in there yesterday. They should be fine for a while."

"Well... they probably don't taste good reheated."

"They'll taste As fresh as if I just made them." You pulled them out, eyeing them through the ziploc bag you put them in. They were perfect. You'd made them for him, knowing how much he loved them but also knowing that he'd never ask for them. You decided to keep a stash on hand for the days you couldn't cook for him. He grunted, unsure of how to respond. You could see the two of them out of the corner of your eye. Sir had the semblance of a smirk on his face, he knew what you were playing at.

"Maybe I could reheat them for you. So they don't go to waste. You can tell me if they taste as good as fresh ones" you smiled, spinning around and displaying the treats off to him.

He thought a few more moments. "Fine, if you insist. Just so they don't go to waste".

"Thank you, I appreciate it," you cast a smug glance at sir, who rolled his eyes and smiled just the slightest bit.

You ended up reheating enough for both of them, and Gran Torino ate them enthusiastically, kicking his short legs back and forth underneath the table.

Toshi came in a few moments later in his hero suit rubbing his forehead, his brows knit together. "Good morning, everyone." He said unenthusiastically. You jumped straight into your training, which was starting to become easier for you, and you could usually escape without too many bruises. Toshi seemed generally unenthusiastic about the whole thing, only putting in half effort much to Gran Torino's dismay. He seemed to have something on his mind, and just ran through your normal routine without much comment. It seemed like a generally successful training session. Everyone could feel the tension in the room, and as you finished you sat awkwardly in the kitchen, waiting on Saffron so you could head to the jail. Gran Torino helped himself to another small helping of the fish pastries you'd made.

"Morning!" A female voice exploded into the room.

"Morning," The three men replied, accompanied by the ping of the elevator. Saffron rushed in, obviously disheveled and hardly awake. Her hair was in a messy bun and she wore a loose t-shirt with leggings, much different than her normal attire. She held a half-drank iced coffee in her hands.

"Sorry I'm late! My alarm didn't go off!" She apologized, throwing her oversized bag on to the counter. You saw Toshi's face relax a little as he smiled at the scene, you made a note to ask him what was wrong later.

"Morning, Saffron," Everyone said, eying her unusual appearance.

"At least you had time to get your iced coffee," Sir observed sarcastically. You snickered a little.

"I have my priorities!"

"You didn't have to come," Gran Torino grumbled, obviously unamused that his breakfast was being so rudely interrupted.

"And miss the unveiling of (Y/N)'s new suit? I think not."

"Oh yes, how did your tests go yesterday, (Y/N)?" Sir asked politely

It took you a moment to respond, this was the first time he'd ever addressed you directly. It caught you off guard. "Oh, great! It went great! The suit was wonderful. And I beat Toshi in a swimming race, so I'd count it as a successful test." You cast a smug grin at Toshinori.

He smiled meekly and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, she did. But in my defense, her suit was brand new. I think I'm in need of a new one."

"Oh, excuses excuses." Saffron chided, digging in to her bag and pulling out a muffin. "Suit or no suit she'd beat you any day."

You smiled confidently and nodded. While you didn't believe it yourself, it was still fun to bust his chops like that.

"Yeah, sure. We'll see. Anyways, we should head downstairs. Tsukauchi is probably waiting on us downstairs."

"Oh! He's driving?" Saffron chirped. "I love his car!"

"Don't get any crumbs in the seat," Sir mumbled, earning a stern look from a sleepy-looking Saffron.

"I think he got a police van for us. We can't exactly all fit in his car." Toshi reminded them.

And he was right. Tsukauchi showed up in one of those big black police vans, drawing the gaze of curious people walking back. Even with the extra sixe, it was a tight squeeze. Tsukauchi drove, Gran Torino sat in the front with him, Saffron and Sir Nighteye sat in the middle row, and Toshi and you crammed in the back. Even with the extra space you were still pressed up against the plastic wall of the van. Toshinori had to crane his neck forward to avoid his head hitting the ceiling. You didn't exactly mind his leg pressed up against yours, but you knew it wasn't going to be a super comfortable ride for him.

Saffron filled the car with idle chatter most of the way there, alleviating your anxiety at having such a big audience. She was delighted when Toshinori mentioned he'd be needing her to take you to get a dress for the event, and was encouraging when he mentioned karaoke night. You distracted yourself from your current anxieties by focusing on the other ones, and seriously considered if you wanted to do the open mic night, and if so what you'd sing. It would be something simple, you decided. Not to flashy or show stopping. Something relaxing to fit the coffee shops vibes. Plus, that'd make it easier to play on the ukulele.

Toshi seemed unusually stiff during the ride, and you had a suspicion it wasn't just because of the tight quarters. You decided not to press him in the midst of so many other people though. It was probably something personal...

He looked a little better once the three of you reached the prison, getting out of the car and stretching himself out. You tried your best not to gawk at him as his muscles flexed in his suit.

You walked in with your entourage, meeting the prison team in the same room before the pool that you usually did. You excitedly slipped into the changing room, taking off the clothes that covered your suit. You took a deep breath, and proudly walked out to the awaiting crowd. To your disappointment, Toshi wasn't there. You looked around for him as the support team members looked over your suit and took notes in their book, but it took you awhile to find him. You could see him through the glass in to the pool room, heatedly arguing with the director. Sir was there as well, trying to calm him down as the two argued. You couldn't make out what they were saying through the soundproof glass, and before you could try to read their lips Saffron snapped your attention away.

"Oh my god!" She gushed in a thick American accent, "You look hot! Amazing! Fantastic! The colors go perfectly with your eyes! What about your tail? I haven't seen it yet. Is it gonna match? Oh, you are going to look so badass when you beat up those villains."

"Chill, Saffron!" You chuckled, Toshinori momentarily forgotten, "It matches, don't worry."

"Good, or I'd have to write a nasty letter to David. You know, once he tried to make the main color of All Might's suit yellow. Yellow! What a catastrophe! I had him send it back immediately."

You thought of the ugly suit in Toshi's closet. Saffron must not know about that, or she would've tossed it out. "You've saved us all, Saff." You replied sarcastically. The support team continued to take notes and asked you to turn this way and that as they tugged at the fabric and thoroughly inspected it.

One particular woman, who introduced herself as Artisan, seemed particularly interested in the way the magnets functioned. You got into some idle chatter with her as she wrote some things down and were about to ask her how long she'd been working there, you'd never seen her before, when Toshinori walked in, his arms crossed and his face tight. Igarashi walked in behind him, her face unreadable as they entered together. Toshinori quickly shuffled over to your side, not looking at you. You could feel this intense aura radiating off of him. Something was definitely wrong, but there was no way you could bring it up now. It looked like it was taking all he had not to explode.

"Artisan, did you get all of the calculations you needed for the suit?"

"Yeah, I think we have what we need. We'll use this in case we ever need to make repairs for her."

"Good," Igarashi's voice was curt, "See what you can gather from observing the suit in the water. Miss (Y/N), we'll need a few more minutes to prepare. After some... discussions... with All Might we have decided that we'll need to select a different candidate for today's observation."

"What was wrong with the other one?" You asked curiously. Igarashi shot a look at Toshinori.

"We felt that this particular persons quirk would be too dangerous to work with this early in your training."

"Yeah..." Toshinori grumbled sarcastically in agreement. Everyone's eyes were on him.

Sir Nighteye gave Toshinori a warning glance, he couldn't escalate things further. You pushed aside your worries and turned to Toshinori, trying to calm him down.

"It's okay, I don't have anywhere to go. I don't mind the wait, as long as it's okay with everyone else."

"It's fine. Police work is pretty slow lately with this guy on the job, " Tsukauchi reassured you, gesturing to Toshi. You felt Toshinori relax next to you as he chuckled at the joke.

"Well, if you want me to slow down and leave some more villains for you just let me know," Toshi playfully punched his arm, knocking Tsukauchi off balance a bit.

"No, no. I think I'm good. You keep doing what you're doing." He rubbed his arm.

"Oh my god, this villain talk is so boring!" Saffron interjected, walking over to do her own inspection of your suit. "This material looks so flattering on you. You're totally filling out, honey!" She gestured to your hips. You blushed uncomfortably.

"Well... That's what happens when you can eat more than just sardines every day!" You chuckled.

"Well fed is a good look for you," Saff added.

"I don't look like I'm gaining too much wait, do I?" You said, suddenly self-conscious.

"You look great," Toshinori interjects, causing Saffron to raise her eyebrows and smile smugly.

"Tha-" you began, before getting interrupted by Igarashi.

"We're ready to begin," She says stoically, gesturing to the door to the pool room. You could see the person sitting in the water, much more calm than the villains usually were. His eyes were covered with a simple blindfold and a strap around his forehead was keeping him from moving, but he wasn't in the full garb they usually had the prisoners in. Just a few tight restraints and the blindfold. You felt unease in the pit of your stomach, but knowing that there were armed guards in there and that all of your friends nearby made you feel safer. The prison wouldn't let anything happen to you, right?

One Igarashi opened the door for you, you slipped in without a word. You could hear Saffron call 'good luck!' behind you. You hoped you wouldn't need it. Everyone crowded in at the window, with Saffron and Toshinori front and center. He seemed antsy, but cast you an encouraging smile and you shot him a charming one back.

You slipped in to the water of the pool without hesitation, looking to Saffron to see her reaction to your suit and tail. You couldn't hear her, but she looked like she was losing her mind, turning and spouting something off to Toshi while clapping. The rest seemed annoyed with her, but Tsukauchi and Toshi seemed to be used to this by now. You smiled at her as she gave you a cheesy grin and two thumbs up. Were all Americans so.... Excitable? You absolutely loved her attitude, but had to admit it was a bit overwhelming at times.

You didn't stop and stare at her for too long, the growl in your stomach reminded you that you needed food, so the sooner you got this over with the soon you could get some food. You wondered momentarily if Toshi and Saffron had enough time in their busy schedules to get lunch with you. Tsukauchi probably would, if they didn't. Police officers got breaks, right? Did this count as his break?

FOCUS! You told yourself, remembering the task at hand. You felt nervous for some reason about this man, but you couldn't pinpoint why.

You decided to continue on, even if it felt uncomfortable. Nothing bad would happen, you reminded yourself as you swam forward, letting a string of light notes slip through your lips. It was hard to gauge what kind of effect you were having on him, and whether or not he'd been sedated as you sang. Usually the prisoners would struggle as soon as they entered the water and you were in there with them, but he didn't move, as if he didn't even realize you were there. You approached him cautiously, reaching out a skeptical hand to poke at the guys chest. He didn't move. You took that as your cue to stop singing, and leaned in towards his neck.

As soon as the skin of your lips touched his neck you knew something was wrong. The man immediately started struggling and screaming angrily, trying to reach out and grab you. You looked at the guards, who didn't even seem to acknowledge what was going on. You tried singing again, but he didn't calm at all. He continued struggling, violently thrashing against his restraints in an attempt to get at you.

You had only a split second to ponder your options. It was obvious the singing wasn't working for some reason, and he was never going to calm down, so should you continue taking his quirk? Or abandon the trial altogether. If you took his quirk he would probably calm down... and for all you knew this was a test. Maybe they wanted to see if you could handle it.

Barely a second had passed since he initially started struggling, so you gripped his shoulders to keep his neck still and dug your teeth into his jugular. As you'd suspected, his struggles weakened, but he still didn't quit. His quirk didn't seem to be too monumentally dangerous, it wasn't even that powerful, so why was he in a place like this? You drained all of it with no problem and began to lean away. Your job was done, or so you thought.

Just as you let your guard down, you felt a strong hand grasp against your throat, cutting off your air supply. Your eyes widened and you were unsure of what to do. How had the prisoner escaped his restraints? Is that why he'd stopped struggling? So you'd let your guard down and he could kill you? This man was enormous, there's no way the simple straps they'd put him in would've held him down, why hadn't you said anything sooner.

His grip on your throat tightened, his fingers reaching up to painfully pinch your jaw. Everything was happening in slow motion. You could feel your head start to spin from the lack of oxygen as you clawed at his hand, all while you could feel your jaw straining beneath his fingers. You could hear the guards coming towards you with guns drawn and you could hear Toshinori rip the door off its hinges, but you knew you had to save yourself or you'd pass out. With your one hand that wasn't gripping his forearm in an attempt to get him away from you, you swiftly slammed your fist onto his face. It wasn't so much you punching him as it was you just hoping you'd hit his nose hard enough that he'd let go. It seemed to work, just slightly, and he let go of you enough that you could get a breath of air in. He didn't appreciate you fighting back, though, and before you could appreciate the new air in your lungs he swung at you with his own fist and connected to your jaw with a loud crunch followed by searing pain.

He didn't have time to do anything else though, as his chair was suddenly yanked from the water and thrown onto the side of the pool by Toshinori, who lept into the pool with total disregard for his suit. He slams his open palm against the mans face, sending him flying backwards and out of the pool, chair and all.

"We said we weren't doing him!" He roared at Igarashi,who stood along the side of the pool. He suddenly grabbed you by both arms and inspected you closely. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," You mumbled as best you could. You could feel the bones in your jaw knitting back together, the healing effects of your quirk working surprisingly fast thanks to this mans quirk.

"HOLY SHIT!" Saffron yelled, charging in to the room and doing her best not to slip on the slick tile floor. "Are you okay?! What the hell happened?!"

"I'm fine!" You mumbled, the swelling in your jaw slightly going down "He just... my singing didn't affect him..." You mumbled, confused. Toshi took your face gingerly in his hands and turned you this way and that, his large thumbs stroking at your cheekbones. You blushed a deep red.

"He was deaf..." He huffed, shooting an angry glare at Igarashi, who stood with her arms crossed as the guards grabbed the prisoner and drug him away.

"We were trying to see if your quirk worked on people who were in direct contact with you, but couldn't hear you." She muttered.

It was the stupidest thing you'd ever heard. The guards were always in there with you with ear plugs, how could a man who was deaf be any different?

"I told her we weren't going to do it!" He hissed at her, "I wasn't willing to risk your safety."

"And I decided it was a foolish decision and went through with it anyways!"

"You're the fool here. Come on, we're getting out of here," Toshinori instructed, picking you up without asking and hopping out of the pool. Your legs transformed instantly, with help from your suit, and he set you down on the ground, then walking past Igarashi without a glance. You started to walk past her, but anger started to bubble inside of you, you couldn't help but turn to her.

"I could've died," You grumbled, you jaw feeling perfectly back to normal. "

"We wouldn't ha-"

"I don't want to hear it," You spat, turning on your heel and following after Toshi and Saffron. You stepped over the shattered door and walked into the changing room without saying anything to the rest of your crew. Artisan shot you a sympathetic glance as you walked past. On the brightside, her notebook was filled with notes, so she must've gotten some good info from that.

As soon as you entered the room, you flopped down onto the chair, taking a few moments to collect yourself. You were shaking, you realized now that the adrenaline had worn off. You had just been strangled and punched by a high profile villain. In a high security prison. He could've killed you! Even though Toshinori was in the other room and watching, what if he hadn't been fast enough? What if the villain had fully escaped and killed you? What then? You didn't sign up for this when you came to the prison. You were supposed to drain their quirks and go. Not fight them! You had to save up all your fighting skills for All for One!

"(y/n), you doin' okay in there, sweetheart?" Saffron's voice called through the door. You hadn't realized you'd been sitting there for so long.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Sorry," You mumbled apologetically, standing up and slipping off the suit. You folded it neatly and placed it into a plastic bag so you could clean it later. Then you slipped on some dry clothes and exited the dressing room.

When you entered, Toshinori was the only one still sitting in there. The rest of your group and the support team had left, so Toshi was just sitting in a chair, face in his hands, waiting for you to leave.

"Hey," You said timidly, tiptoeing up behind him.

"Hey," He said, rubbing his eyes and sitting up in his chair. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah..." you said, he got up to go, but you didn't follow him. You had something you wanted to say, but you weren't sure how to say it.

"Everything okay?" He asked, turning back to you.

"Yeah... I just wanted to say thank you... for saving my life... again," You added pathetically, looking at the floor. He didn't say anything for a moment. He was a hero, it was his job to save people, people gave him their thanks all the time, why was it so different coming from you? Was it because he cared more for you? Because he knew you more personally? Or was it that small nagging guilt that he'd been pushing down since he'd lost his master? He hadn't been able to save her, she actually gave her life to save him, but he had been able to save you so far, and he planned to keep on doing that as long as you were around him, especially when it came to All for One.

He could see you uncomfortably shifting in your damp socks.

"(Y/N)?" He asked suddenly, his voice unusually soft.

"Yeah?" You responded, looking up from the floor, his face was worried.

"Can I hug you?"

You smiled a little and blushed before nodding your head. He quickly came forward and enveloped you in his arms. It was a deep hug, one where he pressed your body tightly to his and leaned down, burying his face in your soft hair. You could feel him clinging desperately to you, as if he needed this comfort more than you did. His palm rubbed against the small of your back and you practically melted into him, savoring the moment.

"I'm sorry that happened to you," He breathed into your hair, the heat of his breath sending shivers across your scalp.

"Don't be, it's not your fault," You mumbled into his chest. After a few more moments of hugging, you reluctantly pulled away. "We should join the others."

He nodded and led you towards the exit. You tried your best not to stare, but couldn't help but eye him up and down as the two of you walked together. As if spurred on by some otherworldly force, you slipped your hands into his, just like he had taken yours the other day, and walked out to the van together.

As you approached hand in hand, the van door slid open with a thunk, catching you both off guard. Saffron gave you two a suspicious look, her gaze going from the two of you and then down to your hands. You did your best to ignore her as you slid into the back of the van, followed by Toshi. Without a word, he took your hand in his again and rubbed a soothing circle on it with his thumb.

"So, back to Might Towers?" Tsukauchi asked, looking back at the group. Just then, your stomach loudly growled. Toshinori chuckled as everyone looked at you, your face turned bright red.

"Actually," He smiled, "How about we head out for some lunch? My treat".

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the slow updates!

For any of you that recognized it, Artisan is actually a reference to the main character in my favorite fanfiction, "Attachment" Written by Samnit. Head over and check it out! It's amazing (but v nsfw)!

https://archiveofourown.org/works/15479805/chapters/35935455

Also feel free to follow me on Tumblr. My username is Smemerline! I want to get in to writing requests. Writing prison scenes and training montages gets boring sometimes. Thanks again for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 735 21
This is the first book in four book series, all of which are in the works. All Might is Japan's number one hero! Some call him the world's number one...
1.6K 29 20
There are two sides to every story, but which one was told? Who's the heros and who's the villains? All For One [The Symbol of Evil] and All Might [T...
14K 747 48
𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐤, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛...
20.1K 717 86
Almost 100 chapters? I know. That's a big commitment to some random fanfic on the internet. But I truly love Bakugou with my entire heart, I've poure...