Lane Assignments

By KatyJane495

How close can you get to the line without crossing into forbidden territory? A coach and his star athlete nav... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two/ Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Lucky Number Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Three

50 12 1
By KatyJane495

"If any of you has a reason why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace."

What? Oh shit... that part was supposed to be left out of the ceremony! What is this, a Hallmark movie? I peel my eyes away from Christian's and look out over the crowd that's gathered around us. I see Olive and Laura, that slut puppy, standing side-by-side. Slowly, identical evil grins steal across their faces and Laura nudges Olive as if to say, "You do it."

Olive's throaty voice calls out, and heads turn as one to look at her. "I have something to say about Anastasia. About how she put a spell on Christian, how she drew his attention away from my sister - his wife - and made him focus on her. She's a liar and a whore. And Christian? He used to whack off in his marital bed fantasizing about Anastasia. She was a minor - his student - and he fondled her, brushing his fingers across her -"

"Anastasia... Anastasia?" Christian's voice breaks through my nightmare of a daydream.

Hmm? Ohh, shit. I'm getting married here, and I should pay attention! It's just that Cal was going on and on... The man is very long-winded.

"Anastasia, I vow to love you faithfully, forsaking all others. I promise to love, to trust, and to respect you. To comfort you in times of need, and keep you safe. All that I have is now yours. I give you my hand and my heart for as long as we both shall live."

"Christian, I vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health. I promise to love you unconditionally, to honor and respect you, and to bring you solace in times of need. I promise to cherish you as long as we both shall live."

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride," says Cal proudly.

Christian leans in and gives me a lingering kiss, one that's just long enough to give the doubters a good show, and it's done. We are married.

=/=/=/=

"Is everyone gone?" I groan as I sink gratefully into one of the chairs by the fire, slipping off these wretched heels. For four hours, I danced and smiled and ate and smiled some more, making conversation and accepting congratulations from a never-ending procession of people. I didn't know most their names, so it was a smile and a nod and a thank you so much to most of them.

But now, at just past 10:00, the music has stopped, the guests have left, and the caterers have packed up and left as quickly as they came. It's just the core group of us circled around the dying fire - me and Christian - who's come to perch on the arm of my chair - Christian's family, Ray, and Kate. Matt and Olive left about an half an hour ago, two sleeping boys draped over their shoulders.

It wasn't as awkward having her here as I thought, the hectic and busy atmosphere being a huge buffer. She even gave me a little smile as they offered their congratulations, seemingly resigned to the fact that I was now the new Mrs. Grey. I did notice her shoot a knowing look to Christian, as if they shared a secret, and I'll have to ask Christian about it. But not today.

For now, I am going to enjoy what's left of my wedding day... and my wedding night. And the next two days that make up our short honeymoon, which we'll spend together at home - no doubt only surfacing for food and maybe a little sunlight.

"So who was the one with the face?" asks Kate. "She was giving you the stink eye all night."

I laugh. I had been watching the crowd for their reactions when they realized this was a wedding, not just a barbeque. Most looked surprised, and then pleased about getting to witness the unexpected event. But my favorite was Laura who just stood there, opening and closing her mouth over and over, like a fish. "Oh that was Laura, one of the other teachers. She has a thing for Christian... and I can't say I blame her. I mean, look at him!"

"We can't all be as ugly as you, bro," Elliot scoffs, and I notice that he's taken the chair right next to Kate's, and that he's managed to scoot it so close that their arms are touching. Kate looks pleased at the situation, and I can see color rising in her cheeks... and it's not just the wine. Oh she wants him, and I think their attention is off the wedding and on to the after-party. They're totally going to do it on my wedding night.

We all visit until the fire is just a pile of glowing coals, and then Carrick clears his throat, announcing, "Well, we'd better get on... let these two get some rest."

"Rest? Yeah, right." Elliot smirks.

"Elliot," Christian warns.

"I'm sorry we couldn't invite all of you to stay with us, but this is not the year for that," I say apologetically, gesturing toward our unfinished home. "Next time for sure."

"No worries... we'll go and you two can make as much noise as you -" Mia says, then clams up after a warning glare from Grace. She shakes her head at her children's crudeness, then comes over to hug us both good-bye.

My dad and Kate follow shortly after, Kate and Elliot exchanging not-so-subtle glances as they all walk toward their cars. Seriously?

And then it's just the two of us... finally! Christian pulls me in, pressing me flush against him, running his hands down my back before resting them on my hips. "You look very beautiful, Mrs. Grey. But tell me... You had something old -"

"My ring," I say, twirling it on my finger, feeling the added width and weight from the wedding band. The ring, as I had learned, had been his great-grandmother Trevelyan's wedding set. He'd been promised the ring as a young man, for his future bride, but he had never given it to Natalie. She'd chosen a modern, platinum set from a jewelry store at the mall. But the vintage style, set in warm, white gold with tiny diamonds sparkling around a central sapphire, was perfect for me.

"Something new -"

"My dress and shoes."

"Something borrowed -"

"Your mother's diamond earrings that she wore on her wedding day."

"And something blue. Wait, is your ring the old and the blue?"

"No." I say softly, pulling him even more tightly to me, sliding my hands around to grip his delectable ass. "You have to come find it for yourself." I say, feeling the lacy 'something blue' getting damp between my legs.

Something between a growl and a moan escaped from him as he scooped me up, carrying me bridal style toward the shed - and our bed. "You've gained weight, Mrs. Grey," he murmurs against my ear.

"Hey! Are you calling me fat?"

"Oh it looks good on you, baby. You're all mine, and it lets me know you're happy... fat and happy," he smirks.

What? Oh, he is going to get it. I'll smother him in his sleep with my new cleavage.

=/=/=/=

"Ana... Ana." Someone is shaking me awake, their hand on my shoulder. Go away! I can feel a puddle of drool by my mouth, and my pillow is... really hard. I open my eyes and raise my head slowly and I'm not in bed. I'm sitting at my desk in my classroom, and there a distinct wet spot in the middle of my teacher's edition of 'Of Mice and Men.' Ohh no.

Christian's grinning down at me, looking disgustingly fresh and handsome for... I squint my eyes at the clock - four-thirty on a Friday afternoon.

"Is it over?" I croak. This first week of teaching has been amazing... and utterly brutal. My advanced literature course, which is the last period of the day, has been especially hard. The students are bright and willing, but Ty hadn't given them a good foundation in their introductory course. I can't hardly wait until next week, when cross-country practices start after school, and my days are even longer.

"You made it. You survived your first week, Mrs. Grey. And I think we should celebrate. What would you like for dinner?"

"Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse," I say firmly. I've been dragging him there at least once a week, craving their Churrasco Meat Board, which is overflowing with chicken legs, pork ribs, a beef rib, and lamb chops.

He opens his mouth to protest, but promptly shuts it when I give him Grace's signature look - chin up, eyes narrowed - that says don't even try it, Christian. Spending several days with my mother-in-law, watching her interact with her grown children, has turned out to be quite useful. He sighs and waits while I gather my bag, then takes my hand and leads me out the door. It's not that he doesn't like the steakhouse, but once a week is maybe a little much for him.

=/=/=/=

Saturday morning, two weeks later...

Christian is licking my neck, short flicks of his tongue working their way up to my cheek, and then my eye. He's licking my eye, tentatively at first and then more and more aggressively over my eyelid and brow.

"Ack, Christian! What are you doing?" I complain, reaching out from under the covers to push him away. But instead of a hard body, my hand meets... soft fluff. Fur. Oh God, a wild animal has gotten in here and... I open my eyes in terror and... it's a puppy! A beautiful, golden ball of wiggling fuzz with a wet, pink tongue.

Fully awake now, I sit up and see that Christian's standing beside the bed, looking very proud of himself. "Happy birthday, Mrs. Grey."

"You got me a PUPPY?!" I squeal like a little girl, scooping the puppy up and into my arms. One thing I have missed about living with Ray is having Charlie for company. "What in the... Where did you... How did you..."

"It's a boy, a golden retriever mix, and I got him from another athletic director down in Rainier Beach. Their female - um - got loose and..."

I grin. "And came across a man of questionable background?"

"Yes. So he was giving them away, and he just brought him up here for us this morning. So, birthday girl, what are you going to call him?"

"Hmm... he looks wise, and he's been on a journey to us... I always thought Gulliver was a cute name. From 'Gulliver's Travels'? Gully for short."

"Whatever you want Ana," he says, leaning down and patting Gulliver and giving me a kiss on the nose. "Besides it'll keep you from giving that name to our son one day."

He turns and starts to walk away, and I grab a pillow and pelt him with it. "Hey!" I call, laughing, "Gulliver is a great name!" But then something in my gut flips and turns over as his words echo through my head. Our son.

=/=/=/=

CPOV

"Looks like Ray sent you a birthday package," I say, tossing a thick manilla envelope on the bed. My birthday girl and Gulliver have been lounging in bed since after lunch. She's reading while rubbing the sleeping puppy's round, pink belly. Hmm... he's a lucky little guy. She should be rubbing my belly, or better yet my -

Ana opens the package and pulls out a stack of envelopes, maybe a dozen in all. "Oh, it's just my mail. I haven't updated my address on everything yet. He meant to bring it to the wedding, but he forgot. Aww... and he put in a birthday card!"

I decide to ignore my - literally - rising desire from imagining what she could massage for me and leave her to it. "Want a drink? Lemonade?"

"Yes please," she answers as I head to the kitchen.

I pour her a lemonade and grab myself a beer, taking a minute to check my phone for messages. When I return to the bed with the drinks, I'm surprised to see that Ana's frozen, clutching a single piece of paper in her hand. She has a pale complexion, but usually her cheeks are rosy. But now her face is white, completely devoid of color.

"Ana," I say, hearing the sharpness in my voice, the worry. "What is it?"

"I - I thought it was just an appointment reminder... I'm supposed to go in for my shot next week... and I forgot that I haven't given them my new number... been trying to reach me..." She's rambling, her voice shaking and getting softer with each word.

"Ana, please. You're not making any sense. Tell me what's wrong."

She just shakes her head, unable to say any more, and hands me the letter. I quickly scan the letter, noting the purple University of Washington Clinics letterhead. It's dated July 5th, nearly six weeks ago.

Dear Ms. Anastasia Steele... unable to reach you by phone... letter to inform you... your Depo Provera shot given... may have been ineffective... switched with a batch of placebos... we are a research facility...

Holy FUCK.

...urge you to take a home pregnancy test or come in to one of our clinic to rule out... we apologize for any inconvenience...

Inconvenience?! Pregnant. She could be... A warm feeling of joy and excitement radiates through my body and I look over at Ana. She's still frozen, watching me with glassy eyes, the puppy still at her side but forgotten.

But then I remember, and the feeling of joy drops like lead into my belly. No, it's impossible. She can't be.

I sit down on the edge of the bed and reach out to grasp her hand, feeling her ice-cold fingers as they wrap around mine. I rub her hand for a few moments, trying to warm it back up before I begin.

"Ana, I haven't been completely honest with you."

=/=/=/=

A/N: I know... I know... it's another cliffy. You might love me, you might hate me, but I bet you'll keep coming back for MORE!

((Credit for the vows - Fifty Shades Freed movie.))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

811K 30K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
1.1M 37.9K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
240K 8.5K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
602K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...