Oh, Captain! ━ Cedric Diggory

By -happyhaunt

❛ so get angry! ❜ in which she wants to be quidditch captain, and one annoyingly perfect bo... More

𝐨𝐡, 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧!

38.8K 964 695
By -happyhaunt

.        .        .        .        .

𝖔𝖍, 𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓!
harry potter.

.        .        .        .        .

❛     after everything that happened ...     ❜

. . .

     MEGAN WYNNE JONES WANTS TO BE THE BEST. The eldest daughter in a family of muggles, she has always had a strong will. The big sister, the reliable one, she has always been there. Always. Until one day, a woman appears on Megan's doorstep, the day she turns eleven. The woman calls herself a witch, and Megan is a witch, too. Megan will go to a school for magical people, and suddenly she's there! No brother, no one to look out for, and a whole new future ahead of her.

     The world becomes clear when she witnesses Quidditch for the first time. QUIDDITCH! She has always been a sporty girl, but Quidditch? It is a dream for her, flying around on a broom, trying to score or catch the snitch or dodge the bludger. She convinces one of the older students in her house, HUFFLEPUFF, to teach her how to play, so she can try out in her second year. She's a natural on a broom.

     Megan makes the team in her second year, in the midst of turmoil brewing at home. She might be the youngest on her team, but she's fast on a broom and quick-thinking. She knows all the plays, she knows how to score. She's good. One day, she might even be the best. but there's one person standing in her way: CEDRIC FUCKING DIGGORY.

     He's a year older than her, and just a tiny bit better. Their rivalry makes the team better, they push each other to be the best, and as much as she hates him  (  except not really, they're kind of friends off the pitch  )  she admires him, too. When he's made captain, she admits he deserves it. She'll get there one day, even if she has to kill him for it.

     It was a joke, though. She was supposed to earn the captaincy. She was supposed to become better than Cedric, and prove herself as the best.

IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS.

cedric diggory / oc.

. . .

.   .   .   .   .

CAST

so get angry!

.   .   .   .   .

❛   i'll knock you off your fucking broom if you keep looking at me like that.   ❜

olivia cooke   as    megan wynne jones.

also starring . . .

❛  i barely passed first-year flying lessons.  ❜

liv hewson   as   millie robinson.

❛  i've never met two people so fucking oblivious in my life.  ❜

jessica sula   as   cecily murray.

george mackay    as    cedric diggory.
harry potter cast   
as    themselves.

. . .

author's note.     megan's my darling daughter and i love her with my whole soul. this book's gonna be cute and sad, because i guess that's my trademark at this point??    but i'm so excited for it.

millie is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns.

ALL CHAPTERS CURRENT & FUTURE OF THIS FIC ARE BEING POSTED ON MY AO3 ACCOUNT @/happyhauntt. this fic will be continued there, not here. all chapters for this fic have been removed except for the intro. PLEASE GO TO AO3 TO READ THIS FIC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 1.1K 15
Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ NᴇᴠᴇʀLᴀɴᴅTEAM Nᴀᴍɪ🖤
55.7K 1.2K 31
Livia really thought it was just a game.
2.1K 81 18
e·phem·er·al əˈfem(ə)rəl/: lasting for a very short time Is love ephemeral? In which we expand what was found in Serendipity.
45.5K 1.1K 16
Bri couldn't tell you if she loved Luke the first time she met him (even if it was more along the lines of wouldn't). But Luke could. He could pinpo...