Whoa Baby

Oleh RealityCheck101

Paisley Devoncourt is your typical sweetheart of the family that every parent is proud of. Smart, caring, res... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1- Teenagers
Chapter 2- The Ace's
Chapter 3- Converting the Good Girl
Chapter 4- The Day After
Chapter 5- Sex
Chapter 6- Make Your Decisions
Chapter 7- Sunset
Chapter 8- When One Chapter Ends
Chapter 9- Beach House
Chapter 10- What Father Doesn't Know
Chapter 11- The Bump
Chapter 13- Time To Take A Risk, Sweetheart
Chapter 14- Breakfast
Chapter 15- A is for...
Chapter 16- Everybody Knows
Chapter 17- Daddies Cry Too
Chapter 18- Like It Never Happened
Chapter 19- Fear To Fearless
Chapter 20- Peter Pan Didn't Want To Grow Up
Chapter 21- The Magical Place of Pinterest
Chapter 22- Blue Everything
Chapter 23- The Sperm
Chapter 24- Worse Than I Thought
Chapter 25- Prove A Point
Chapter 26- Something Unpredictable
Chapter 27- No Right
Chapter 28- Goodbye
Chapter 29- Invisible Lines
Chapter 30- The Kick
Chapter 31- The Cravings
Chapter 32- The Dinner
Chapter 33- Think Again
Chapter 34- Oooh, Baby, Baby
Chapter 35-There He Goes
Chapter 36- Not Knowing Is Better
Chapter 37- When You Least Expect It
Chapter 38- Meet Our Baby
Chapter 39- To Being Parents
Chapter 40- The Key To Family
Chapter 41- Have Mercy
IMPORTANT NEWS
Chapter 42- The Future Lies Ahead
Chapter 43- After Hours of a Teenage Boy
Chapter 44- One Night
Chapter 45- The Unexpected
Chapter 46- Life is Uncontrollable
Chapter 47- My Guardian Angel of Nightmares
Chapter 48- He's Got Your...
Chapter 49- Wake Me Up
Chapter 50- Lots of Stories
Chapter 51- Something Personal
Chapter 52- The Big Bang
Chapter 53- The Devoncourts
Chapter 54- Emotions Run High
Chapter 55- New Chapter
Chapter 56- C'est La Vie
Chapter 57- In Non Couples Therapy
Chapter 58- 5 Years, 9 Months, 5 Days

Chapter 12- Cover Up

238K 5.7K 1.2K
Oleh RealityCheck101

Whoa Baby.

Chapter 12- Cover Up

"If you are carrying strong feelings about something that happened in your past, they may hinder your ability to live in the present." Les Brown

I woke up the next morning, on top of my covers and my eyes feeling really gross, a sign that I didn't take out my contacts. I didn't realize until I got down stairs, where Alice and Emma were in the kitchen eating breakfast, announced to me that it was already ten o'clock. Not to mention, that I also did not come down stairs afterwards last night to watch a movie.

I told them that tonight I could make up for that. So it was official, we'd make tonight, and every other Monday a movie night. Movie night Monday. Mentioning that it was Monday Alice gasped. "We didn't go to church yesterday!"

"Just read your Bible for an extra hour and you'll be good." Emma jokes, putting away the ingredients she used for her bagel. "By the way, since you weren't with us last night you didn't hear what I had to say." Emma mentions, turning to me quickly.

"What was that?" I asked, grabbing the cereal from the pantry and the gallon of milk.

"I freaking saw JC Ace at the party. Hand to God, not even lying to you." Emma tells with a wicked grin on her face. Like she was amused yet shocked at the same time.

"What are the odds, huh?" Alice mumbled, shaking her head, still scooping little spoons of her Greek yogurt on a teaspoon.

"The dude is an idiot. First, I saw him making out with some girl, and I was like whatever it's just a girl. Well then, about two minutes later the girl's boyfriend shows up and the two start fighting. Maybe an hour later I was passing the living room looking for that Asher guy, and he drops his cigarette on the carpet, stomps on it and burns a hole. I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't think someone could be that stupid." Emma rants, shaking her head with wide eyes of horror.

You'd think, even if you didn't smoke cigarettes, that you'd not stomp it out on the carpet, but apparently not. "The dude has no common sense what so ever. How are girls attracted to that gross cigarette breath?" Alice wondered, looking down at her yogurt disgusted.

"It's the looks not his breath!" Emma defends, "Anyways, I thought it was just weird that he was on the same beach as us. I didn't expect to see anyone from Avon here."

"Small word." I mumbled, before shoving a spoon full of cereal in my mouth. Now that I thought about it how did I not cringe at the smell when I kissed JC? I hate the smell of cigarette smoke and I spent probably spent hours kissing him that day.

"But plenty of beach." Alice argued, "New topic. Anyone else want to check out those cute little beach shops down the road? I want to see what they have and maybe get a chair and an umbrella."

"I'm down for that. It looked like it had some cool beach cloths." Emma agreed, finishing her bagel. I only realized then that she looked ready to head for the beach with her cover up and dark blue bikini showing.

"Sounds good to me. I just need to get ready." I said, pouring morning cereal into my bowl. Usually I only had a bowl of cereal, maybe a little more after if I was really hungry, but this time I poured another full bowl of cereal on top of my milk feeling extra hungry.

About twenty minutes later, I was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, staring at my reflection. My hands went down on my stomach, looking at every side. You could bare notice the sheer bump over my stomach. I only could faintly see it because I was looking for it purposely. Whoever could notice it, like Emma had yesterday, has to have 20/20 vision or better if possible.

I did some research, and I shouldn't be noticeably showing until the thirteenth week. Well, technically, I could hide under loose tee shirts or sweaters up until the thirteenth week. By the sixteenth week I'd already cut myself off of bikinis; maybe even one piece bathing suits. But especially, on the sixteen week, I'd need to say something to someone. I'd have to suck all my wits up and spill my dirty secret. Week sixteen, that'd be my deadline.

I grabbed my cover up, slipping it on and looking around for my flip flops. Putting them on I tied my hair in a ponytail yelling to Emma that I was coming. We passed these small beach shops the other day when we went on a hunt for our grocery. Passing by I knew one day I'd want to check it out.

So when we got to the place, roaming around racks of clothing, I didn't think everyone we met would have the same plans as us. Lacey was there, at the cash register when we walked in. Some of Gabe's friends were buying games at another shop next door. I think, some guy that I saw hanging around JC was buying a pack of cigarettes and a cooler.

"Um, Paisley. Why are you buying a one piece?" Emma asks, raising her eyebrow at me when I stood in line at the register.

"I thought it would be cool. I don't know, for some reason I've always wanted a red bathing suit." I said with a shrug. It was not a lie, I've always wanted some kind of red swim wear. But I wanted this one especially because soon, I'd need to hide my bump.

"You could buy a two piece you know." Em suggested as we moved slightly up the line.

"They didn't have one." I said, shrugging again. "I thought this surf shirt was cool too." I added, showing her the black and blue short sleeve top I had also found.

"Ok, not going to lie, I too have always wanted to buy one. Where did you get it?" She asked, turning her head around.

"Right there. Next to the towels." I pointed to a rack near the towels and swim suits.

"Be right back." She said, holding up a finger and quick looking through.

Just as I was about to pay Alice tapped my shoulder, "Are you sure you're not buying that just because Emma said you didn't have a flat stomach anymore?" She asked.

"No way! Didn't even register in my brain." I lied. Damn straight I'm buying all this because Emma already assumed I have a bigger stomach. I wouldn't wear it now, but in a few weeks I'd surely need it. Alice nodded her head, pointing for me to move up and pay.

I had bought my red bathing suit, the surf shirt, and a new cover up. There was a lot of cute things here. It was hard not to buy the whole store. After visiting a few shops, and finding a really good sandwich shop that had a delicious mango smoothie, we dropped our bags on the deck and spent our time on the beach to soak up the sun. We only had two hours of prime sun time. After that you could kiss the sun away because you weren't going to get any tanner for the day.

For the first time our neighbors were out. They were all sitting on beach chairs, very close to the shore line, talking and having a good time it seemed. There was probably a dozen of them, both boys and girls, more girls than boys though. I noticed one girl, the girl that was making out with JC the first night I saw him. She was part of that group, but I didn't notice anyone else there.

"So the plan is to stay in tonight, right?" Alice questions, leaning back on her elbows. "Girls night, pop in some movies, eat ice cream. Chill night."

"That starts tonight?" Emma mutters quietly, laying on her back and soaking up as much as she could.

"Yes. I'm glad, I didn't really feel up to going to a party tonight. I just want to sit in my PJ and cuddle with a blanket." Alice sighs, looking at me, "Are you in? Or do you want to go to a party?"

"Honestly I rather stay home tonight. Caramel popcorn and a cool action movie." I say, sitting cris-crossed on my towel.

"You had me until action movie." Alice said shaking her head with a frown.

"I'll only stay if we watch a cool eighties movie, like Sixteen Candles or Pretty in Pink." Emma inputs, turning to lay on her stomach.

"Oo, a Molly Ringwald marathon. I can concur with that." Alice agrees with a happier smile.

"As long as there's caramel popcorn." I argue. Emma chuckles, agreeing to stay in.

We didn't leave the beach until it started getting windy and the sun wasn't as strong. The neighbors looked like they were having a good time, loud music and the smell of a good BBQ going; but we had something better. Molly Ringwald movies, caramel popcorn, and for dinner dinosaur chicken nuggets with mac 'n cheese. Nothing better than a laid back night with the girls.

"Molly Ringwald is my ginger role model. Power of the red head!" Alice interrupts when young Molly first appears on the screen.

"She's a pretty good actress." I agree, eating off a pterodactyl's head and a spoon of mac 'n cheese. "Loved her in The Breakfast Club. Best movie ever hands down."

"Titanic. I'll never get over Rose not making enough room for Jack on the door. Shame bitch." Emma mumbled sadly, cuddling with her blanket up to her chin.

"Leo D was a hunk at his young age. Him and Mark Walberg. Ugh, makes me want to cry. They're so beautiful." I gushed, cuddling with the popcorn bowl now.

Emma faked sobbed into my shoulder, grabbing onto my arm, "So much perfection. It hurts my heart." Alice and I laughed, looking back at the movie. I hadn't watched Sixteen Candles or Pretty in Pink so my eyes were very glued to the TV.

About half way into the movie, when the popcorn was gone and we went for the ice cream, a lot of noise came from outside since we left the deck doors wide open to let the breeze in. Em was the first to get up, snooping on the deck to see what all the ruckus was about. When she stayed out there longer than expected Alice paused the movie.

"You coming back Em?" Alz asked, looking over my head to get a glance of Em leaning on the deck railing with her blanket wrapped securely around her shoulders.

"The neighbors look like they're having a cool party." She announced, shouting back in the house.

"What's so special?" I wondered, not moving out of my spot.

"There's a bunch of glow sticks and people are in the water. A circle of tiki torches. Shit for music, though." She informs us. I looked back at Alice with an eye roll, "Yo! Asher!" Em shouted, leaning for the railing more. A few seconds later Asher showed up, I assume, since Emma began talking, "What's going on over there?" She asked.

"Night swimming. Haven't you ever done it before?" Asher asks, looking a bit wet as he stood at the top step on the deck staircase. He wore two glow necklaces, a blue and a yellow, and a red bracelet on one wrist and a green on the other.

"No, I never thought about doing that before. Other than running in on the first night but I didn't actually swim." She explains shaking her head, "Or use glow sticks." She added with a slight giggle.

"Put on your bikini and come join. It's a whole lot of fun. There's boogie boards, floats, noodles, and plenty of glow sticks." He offered her, "Get your other friends to come too."

Emma bit her lip, looking over to us on the couch knowing that we planned on staying in for the night. Alice sighs incredibly, throwing her head back on the couch, "Come on it'll be really cool!" Emma begs, bouncing on her toes in anticipation.

"I just want to watch my Molly marathon. I thought you did to?" Alice says, pointing to the TV screen.

"We can do that tomorrow. Come on, when does an opportunity like night swimming come up!" Em said trying to convince us.

"Every night when your house is on the beach." Alz tells her like it was a no brainer.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to. I'll take good care of her. Swear on my life, you can kill me in the morning if you're not happy with me." Asher vows, holding his hand in the air.

"Let the party freak go. We can stay and watch Molly together." I tell Alice.

"Yay!" Emma squeals, "I'll be back in a minute." She tells Asher, dashing up the stairs.

"If she comes home drugged or wasted I have no fear to cut your balls off." Alice says darkly. It's the first time I've ever heard her like this, it even creeps me out. Asher nodded once, understanding. Alice nodded back, a slight grin on her face, "Did Gabe go to the party?" She asks.

"Nah, he stayed home." Asher responded, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Have you seen Lacey or her friend, uh, Gemma?" She questioned further.

"I think so. They might be playing Twister in the tiki ring." He tells her, looking back over to the party.

"I'm going to go invite them over. Maybe they rather watch a movie and eat ice cream." Alice shrugs, hopping off the couch.

"Take your phone with you." I suggest to her, nodding to her phone on the coffee table. Emma came down, questioning why Alice was following her out. I was left alone in the house with Molly Ringwald's face paused on the TV screen, and me wrapped in a blanket like a burrito.

Sighing, I got up, walking around as I waited for Alice to come back. I don't know if she had a thing for Gabe, but Gabe and Lacey seemed to have a thing for each other. I'd have to hint that out to Alice sometime before she starts getting attached.

I went out on the deck to check this party out for myself. There was a decent sized group of people in the tiki circle, hovering over what I can only assume is the Twister mat. It's mustn't be too fun since the sand is lumpy and it's probably getting on the mat. Glow sticks lit up the night, you could see the shape of them encircling the person's wrist or neck. It's like the people were invisible and the glow sticks just hovered.

A lot more glow sticks were in the water, screams and chants broke the silence of the night. I figured Alice should be back by now, but if she had to walk all the way to Gabe's house then I'd understand why. I don't think she'd join the party in her PJs.

I glanced at the neighbor's deck for the first time, seeing a group of teenagers sitting around and drinking out of red solo cups. Ha, and I thought they weren't drinking at this party. Of course they're drinking. They were all laughing, girls hanging over boys probably a little tipsy. I spotted JC out of all people. Yep, I knew he'd be at this party. What party was he not at?

I know I have to talk to him, but I don't know if I should tell him first. I don't want to tell him first, Dear Lord, I don't even know who I should tell first! My mom? Or my best friends who are with me right now- well, not exactly right now but with me the rest of the summer. But the longer I keep it to myself the longer I can feel normal.

I didn't think I was staring long, but when he looked straight at me, like he sensed me staring, I didn't cower and look away like normally. I stared back, feeling my heart clenching in my chest once again, and the nauseating feeling at the pit of my stomach slowly crawling up my throat. It never felt pleasing anymore to look or even talk to JC. I felt sick every time and I didn't know why.

Even the way he grins at me, acknowledging me in such a small way made goose bumps shower over my arms and legs. Then it flashed in my mind, a quick painful thought of that one night back in his house. A haunting memory that would never escape my thoughts. I shuttered and jumped back, blinking my eyes multiple times when I practically felt his hand slowly brush my hair against my face as his lips pressed against mine delicately.

My heart pounded against my chest and still he grinned, slightly, ever so slightly, that maybe I just intentionally imagined it, that he looked curious or concerned. But it broke. Just like that, like I was nothing or nobody once again, when a girl, a different girl from the first night or the second night, plopped on his lap with a giggle, her face close to his that their noses touched.

The sickening feeling slowly crept away, but something else slowly replaced that. I didn't want to feel that, so I quickly turned away and hid back inside, because I didn't want to feel that again, not for JC Ace. No, especially not him. Not now.

When I got back inside I could hear my phone vibrating on the couch. It was Mile's sending a text. Ditching this family trip early because of a storm, and I'm not just talking about the weather storm. The Martin Monsoon is brewing too.

Finding some light hearted happiness over his text I sit myself on the couch replying back to his text. It's clear here in sunny Ocean Isle beach ;)

Prepare to see me in twenty-four hours. He replied back quickly.

We'll go out to breakfast the next morning. You can vent all about your family trip. I respond back.

The good Lord knows I need it.

I laughed, turning my head with other choruses of laughter joined me unexpectedly. Alice had gathered a small group, Gabe Lacey, Gemma and another of Gabe's roommate to join. I didn't think the guys would come considering if they asked what movie we were watching would be considered a chick flick.

"Hey I found them, put in the other movie." Alice says, walking into the kitchen first.

"You got it." I replied, changing the movie. "You guys are actually okay with Pretty in Pink?" I question with my eyebrow raised.

"Better than morning hangovers." Gabe shrugged. I agreed, changing the film and sitting back in my spot, wrapping myself tighter with the blanket. I was getting tired, and I couldn't believe it when the clock told me ten. Every summer I had stayed up at least until midnight, or even the latest of three, watching movies or Netflix.

It occurred to me that as much as I convinced myself that keeping my pregnancy a secret for as long as I could to make myself feel normal was absolutely untrue. As much as I tried to run from it or live exactly as I had before it all happened is a lie to myself. Normal ended when I decided to engage into deep meaningful conversations with JC on The Drop Off and then allow myself so close that we made out. What was worse is that I allowed myself to have sex with a guy I barely know, who isn't right for me, who doesn't love me, all before marriage; all before college.

Runaway won't help anything or anyone it'll only worsen things. No matter what I did it happened, and I have to accept the consequences of my decision. I may not like them but I have to live with them.

=========================================================================

Chapter song: Don't by Ed Sheeran

Chapter picture: banner

Comment. Vote. Fan.-Kylie&Kelsey

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

576K 2.2K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
62.8K 2.8K 20
"I didn't think that a childish dream could turn into a nightmarish reality." ~~~ You work in the Speedwagon Foundation, helping with investigating t...
7.3M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
119K 5.3K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...