Opposites Attract

By fallenxroses

In Khloe King's lame attempt to get over Hayden Ross, her neighbor, she agrees to move away with her mother t... More

opposites attract
01. secret crushes & surprises
02. dinners & discussions
03. apologies & disappointment
04. ex boyfriends & school projects
05. phone numbers & basketball teams
06. jealousy & shame
08. parties & surprises
09. sisters & ice cream
10. skipped classes & long lasting smiles
11. hospitals & memories from the past
12. family & the truth
13. cheaters & photos
14. fast paced heart beats & fake smiles
15. drug tests & liars
16. trust issues & boy fights
17. secrets & confessions
18. police stations & complete chaos
19. love & despair
20. criminals & resentment
21. judgemental stares & denial
22. stomach butterflies & temptations
23. sweet nothings & large burgers
24. heartbreak & family arrangements
25. grandmothers & affection
26. hugs & kisses
27. hot boys & jail cells
28. first dates & spaghetti
29. court rooms & girl fights
30. business deals & basketball games
31. blackmail & broken marriages
32. passion & revenge
33. old secrets & new secrets
34. family dinners & stressful situations
35. engagement rings & realization
36. new beginnings & heartfelt moments
37. missing friends & unforeseen plans 

07. deep convos & decisions

6.4K 213 74
By fallenxroses

"You're probably confused." I mumbled, looking over at Hayden as he nodded his head slowly. "It's okay if you are, I would be too."

Hayden and I left school after what happened with Ashlynn. He said that he would take me somewhere that would make me feel better, which was on a hill overlooking a beautiful lake. I could feel the warm sun hitting against my skin softly.

I thought that it was very sweet of him but no matter where I went, the humiliation hanging in my chest never went away.

"You don't have to explain anything to me if you don't want to." Hayden glanced over at me, his voice just above a whisper. "I heard what happened with Aiden, and I'm sorry. The guys an idiot for letting you go."

I was shocked by Hayden's words to say the least. I didn't expect him to care about me or my relationship with Aiden so much. "The whole school must have told you." I laughed looking down at my shoes. "It's embarrassing."

"Well," Hayden said slowly. "the guys on the basketball team saw us together and they would joke about..." Hayden stopped himself mid sentence, knowing hearing what the guys on the basketball team were joking about would only make things worse. "Aiden's the team captain, he basically runs that team, so he told the guys to stop joking about it."

My lips turned into a frown. "It was Noah wasn't it?"

Hayden hesitated. "Noah only told me exactly what happened because I asked. I didn't understand what everyone was talking about."

didn't blame Hayden for asking Noah, but I do blame Noah for actually telling him when I asked him not to tell anyone. But then again it's not like it really matters anyway. If Noah didn't tell Hayden he would've asked another guy on the team for the story and they would've told him. It's not really much of a secret anymore.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for what people have been saying to you." I let out a humourless laugh. "I'm Aiden's leftovers apparently and you don't want that. I can tell Mrs. Richardson to stop pairing us—"

"I don't care what people are saying." He chuckled. "It's really not that big of a deal if you think about it. You shouldn't be the one feeling sorry for yourself or humiliated because of what Aiden did to you. It should be the other way around, regardless of what Ashlynn or anyone else says."

"Wow," I breathed out. "No one has ever said that to me before so thank you." A small smile spread across my lips as I looked up at him.

"No problem it's what you deserve to hear, plus that's what friends are for." He grinned.

"We're friends now?" I questioned. "I liked it better when we both hated each other ten years ago."

Hayden's smile faded slightly. "I never hated you Khloe. How could I ever hate Luna's little sister?"

I laughed. "Okay, neither did I."

"Great." Hayden said jumping to his feet. "Then it's settled. We're friends."

"Okay," I announced following Hayden's actions by standing up. "Can you drive me back to school before it ends? I still have to get my car to drive Kiera home."

"Sure," Hayden nodded his head as we walked towards his car. "Feeling better?"

"Yes," I said quickly. "hate to admit it but... thank you again."

Hayden shrugged his shoulders. "I know, I have my way with the—"

"Nice to know!" I yelled as I jumped into the passenger seat. "Very nice to know."

✼ ✼ ✼

After Hayden dropped me off at school yesterday, I waited for Kiera, and then we drove home. As soon as I got home I went into my bed and passed out. It had been a very long day.

"At least it's Friday, Khloe." Yasmin smiled at me. "Ashlynn is a complete bitch I don't even know what else to say."

Kiera let out a loud sigh. "I can't believe she would ever say that to you."

I shrugged looking down at my salad. I wasn't hungry anymore. "It doesn't even matter anymore."

"It does though!" Kiera yelled. "She can't just go around saying stuff like that. She acts as if she's better than all of us, somebody's gotta put her in her place."

Noah laughed. "That's true." He then looked down. "She kinda scares me though."

"Really dude?" Xander chuckled. "She's not that scary."

"Yes she is! Have you ever looked into her eyes? It's like looking into hell. She's so evil." Noah exclaimed.

Yasmin nodded her head. "Yeah, that's why someone's got to let her know that she isn't the queen of this school."

"She's got Aiden wrapped around a leash." Xander shook his head slowly. "It's like she controls him, I almost feel bad for the guy." Xander said and Yasmin looked over at her boyfriend and gave him a questioning look. "I said almost." Xander added.

"I have some ideas." Kiera said smugly. "Josh's party is tonight and she will be there."

I froze for a few seconds then looked up at Kiera. "What are you talking about Kiera?"

"Well... you deserve to get revenge right?" She questioned as she tilted her head at me.

What Aiden and Ashlynn did to me was horrible, but I don't think it would be such a great idea to go around thinking of ideas on how I could get revenge. I personally think that it would be better for me to move on and forget this ever happened. It's almost been a year, and I know it's hard but I have to move on if I ever want to get through the rest of this hell we call school.

"Let's just forget about it." I sighed. "I don't want to cause anymore problems."

"Khloe!" Kiera and Yasmin both yelled at the same time.

"Girls," Noah held up his hand to Kiera and Yasmin. "I see where she's coming from." He looked over at me with a small smile.

Noah has said a lot of stupid things throughout the years, but that had to be one of the smartest. "Thank you Noah." I giggled. "What do you think Xander?" I asked knowing he didn't want to go against his girlfriend.

Xander laughed looking over at Yasmin. "I agree with Noah and Khloe."

Yasmin huffed beside him. "Whatever. Kiera and I just want what's best for you Khlo." She smiled at me.

"I love you guys."

✼ ✼ ✼

"Lisa and Michael Ross are coming over for dinner Khloe!" Mom yelled from somewhere outside of my room. "I hope you remember that."

"Oh shit!" I said looking over at Kiera as my eyes widen. "I totally forgot."

Kiera shrugged her shoulders as she curled her hair. "That's fine, we'll have dinner together with Hayden and his family. Then we can go to the party and find Noah, Yas, and Xander there."

I shook my head at my best friend. "Why are you acting like this is nothing?"

Keira gave me a strange look. "Because it is nothing, Khlo." She then laughed. "I know the last dinner with his family wasn't all that enjoyable but this one will be different."

"How do you know that?" I asked walking closer towards her. She was taking forever to finish curling the rest of her hair. "Here, let me help you."

"Thanks," She smiled handing me the curling iron. "I know it'll be better because I'm here." She giggled.

"Khloe! Get down here right now!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

"Your mom's pissed." Kiera laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"When is she ever not pissed at me?"

I finished curling Kiera's hair and then I looked at myself in the mirror. For some reason Kiera took hours to get ready while I would sit and wait for her.

I was wearing my favourite black dress paired with a oversized denim jean jacket.

"You look hot Khloe!" Kiera yelled and I smiled at her.

"Look at you," I said and I really meant it. Kiera has always been so beautiful, it actually used to bother me as bad as that sounds. Between Keira and Yasmin I always felt like the ugly friend. Now I know that isn't true because I've gained confidence.

Kiera was wearing denim ripped jeans with a cute red crop top that tied around her back. She looked amazing.

"Okay, let's actually go downstairs before my mom comes up here and practically drags us down the stairs."

Kiera laughed and we walked down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Khloe!" Mom whispered harshly and I turned around to look at her. "What took you so long?"

"We had to get ready mom... remember we're going over to Josh Sander's house for his party." I answered slowly. "I'm sorry."

Something clicked in mom's eyes and she calmed down slightly. "Well..." Her eyes glanced over at Kiera then back to me. "You girls look really pretty."

"Thank you Nia." Kiera beamed and mom smiled back.

"Remember what happened last time sweetie?" Mom questioned and I nodded my head hesitantly. "You need to show Lisa and Michael that you aren't a complete spoiled brat." She said smiling and I honestly had to laugh. Sometimes I didn't even consider my mom as my mother, she was just my best friend. We've been through so much together. "Go say hi nicely."

Mom was right. If I wanted to give the Ross family a good impression of me, I was just going to have to continue to spread fake smiles across my face.

I walked up to Lisa and Michael slowly with Keira following behind me. "Hey Mrs. Ross," I said politely, "Mr. Ross."

They both turned around quickly. Almost immediately Lisa had a large smile spread across her thin lips. "Hello sweetie!" She smiled and I was taken aback about how happy she was to see me. I looked over at Michael and his facial expression didn't change in the slightest. "Who's this pretty young lady?"

I turned around and glanced over at Kiera. "This is my best friend, Keira Knight."

"Nice to meet you both." Kiera said with a smile looking over at Mrs. Ross then at Mr. Ross.

"It's nice to meet you too, Kiera." Lisa smiled at her.

"It's nice to meet you as well." Michael finally spoke up just as Hayden came up from behind him.

"Hey Hayden!" Kiera smiled warmly.

Lisa quickly turned around to put her arm around her son. "There you are!" She smiled as she looked over at Hayden.

I tilted my head at Hayden confused. No matter what he wore he always managed to look great. He was wearing fitted navy blue pants, with a black belt, paired along with a tight white shirt that showed off his muscles.

I could see where he got his good looks from, Lisa was beautiful. She was in her forties but didn't look a day over thirty, probably had something to do with her Italian descent, and Michael as well looked great for his age.

"Hey," Hayden smiled at both Kiera and I both and I gave him a warm smile back. "Nice to see you girls again."

Andrew called Michael over to go to talk with him, so without any hesitation Michael mumbled a quick goodbye and left.

"So, I heard you kids are going to a party after this." Lisa said while laughing. "I remember those days."

Hayden's eyes widened slightly. "Nice to know mom."

Lisa laughed and looked over at me. "Oh that's right! Khloe, I wanted to thank you for doing the mentoring program with Hayden. He definitely felt much more comfortable at school because of you."

I heard Kiera giggle beside me as I glanced over at Hayden. He had a small smile across his lips. "It's really no problem, Mrs. Ross. It's great to see your family again after all these years."

Lisa held up a hand. "Oh please, call me Lisa dear."

I nodded my head quickly. "It was no problem Lisa." I then corrected myself.

"Everyone sit down for dinner!" Mom yelled.

I walked away from Hayden and pulled Kiera beside me.

I sat down beside Alicia and Kiera sat down beside me. Hayden and his family were across the table.

"How is Luna doing with school?" Michael questioned and Andrew looked over at him.

"She's doing very well actually." Andrew answered.

"Yeah!" Mom exclaimed, "She's actually coming back to visit tomorrow."

"What?" I blurted out.

Mom looked over at me with a confused expression. "Oh, that's right. I'm sorry Khloe, I didn't tell you because I wanted it to be a surprise but now you know!"

---

Hey guys, I'm so sorry I haven't been updating as much as possible! I'm trying to get better at writing more, again I'm so sorry :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
3K 170 34
Hayden Cole is an average 17 year old boy. He's in senior year at High School. He is the top scholar at school but never says yes when he's asked to...
3.8M 115K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...
482 50 4
Jolene was an average girl. Some would say there was absolutely nothing special about her. Yes, she was smart, but thatˋs pretty much it. Her looks w...