HOME [JENLISA]

By LJ0327

"The whole idea was a mess, in fact it was stupid. To get married with someone who's practically a stranger t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (Part 1)
Chapter 17 (Part 2)
Chapter 18 (Part 1)
Chapter 18 (Part 2)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (Part 1)
Chapter 20 (Part 2)
Chapter 21 (Part 1)
Chapter 21 (Part 2)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24 (Part 1)
Chapter 24 (Part 2)
Chapter 25 (Part 1)
Chapter 25 (Part 2)
Chapter 26 (Part 1)
Chapter 26 (Part 2)
Chapter 27 (Part 1)
Chapter 27 (Part 2)
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (Part 1)
Chapter 32 (Part 2)
Chapter 33 (Part 1)
Chapter 33 (Part 2)
Chapter 34 (Part 1)
Chapter 34 (Part 2)
Chapter 35 (End)
Announcement
New story!!

Chapter 29 (Part 1)

77.1K 2K 483
By LJ0327

"Why you though?" Jennie shoved a full spoon of asparagus soup to her mouth. They decided to have light dinner tonight since both of them were still full.

"What do you mean why me? Are you doubting my capability of stealing people's heart?" Lisa increased her brow.

"Well duh?" The lawyer laughed.

"Yah!"

"I know you well enough, Lalisa," she pointed her fork towards the shorty with her smug smirk. "You're so awkward with new people, even your smile looks so forced," she said as a matter of fact.

"I'm stealing your heart alright. Besides, you can't deny that I'm young, I'm brilliant and also I'm good looking. Of course the boards choose me to represent our subdivision to those donor funds," Lisa spoke arrogantly.

"You know I sometimes ask myself the question of why am I putting up with someone who is so snobby as you," the adoration smile on her lips contraindicated the meaning of her words.

"Someone told me that she loves me very much." Lisa leaned forward across the table. "Maybe that's the reason why," she placed a soft peck on Jennie's lips earning a light blush on the latter cheeks.

"Why are you so cute?" Lisa laughed as she sat down again.

"Why are you so cheesy?" Jennie wiped the corner of her lips with a napkin.

"Oh come on! I swept you off of your feet, don't I?"

"See? Snobby," Jennie snorted.

"Whatever, you love me anyway."

"Yeah, yeah," Jennie rolled her eyes. "By the way, Jihyo's wedding is next month, we have to start hunting dress."

"You go hunt, I'll go with whatever you decide on."

"Really?" Lisa nodded then went back to her soup.

*****

Lisa had been fidgeting with her tops endlessly since she wore it.

"Sweet heart, don't do that. Stop it." Jennie took her hands in her as she glared at the taller girl. "You're tearing it apart."

"I don't like tie! You know I don't like tie!" She sulked. It wasn't even a tie to begin with. It was a pretty lace that paired with the dress she'd wear at Jihyo's wedding day.

"How many times do I have to tell you-"

"It's still a tie!" She folded her arms. "And this dress is too much. I can't walk its too tight. And I can't wear this towering heels, I'll end up kissing the floor instead of you."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "It's your best friend's wedding day, aren't you going to put more effort on this?"

"We bought her a super sophisticated expensive vacuum cleaner and barbeque grill, her request I might add so you can't say I don't put an effort," Lisa huffed down to the couch.

Her spouse sighed in defeat. "Fine, do you want to find another outfits then?"

"Honestly? No. I can't even feel my legs anymore." Lisa kicked the black high heels out of her feet. "This is torture! Can we just go the wedding ceremony wearing comfy clothes?" She asked the rhetorical question.

"Don't be ridiculous and stop being a cry baby. Jihyo's wedding is a week away. You said you'll agree with whatever dress I pick for you and yet," she inhaled a breath. "It's been weeks and you haven't selected anything. We need to settle on this dress business fast, Lisa-ah."

"Well you kill every dress you try on, while me, I look like an idiot. How am I suppose to stand straight if I'm too busy maintain my balance."

"We're going to sit most of the time. You won't face so much hassle," Jennie said. "You look good in this dress, trust me."

"I want to dance with you, I can't do that in this overly tight and unnecessarily short bright dress." Lisa pouted and looked away. She didn't aware of the smile on Jennie's face.

"Alright, alright. Lets get lunch. I'll look more for the comfortable outfits for you. Come on," she offered her hand. Lisa hesitantly took it. "Go change first, I'll be here waiting."

She kissed Lisa's fluffy cheek before the woman vanished from her sight into the dressing room.

*****

One of many things that made Lisa in love with Jennie was her efficiency and consideration. Her case wasn't over yet and she was pretty much occupied with it but somehow found the right outfit for Lisa.

Lisa consented without arguing. She even more agreed since they were going to wear similar color; light brown.

Even on her very own best friend's wedding, Lisa was late. The reason was classic; emergency surgery. Jennie had to go to the hospital to pick her up. She changed her clothes and tied up her hair to ponytail inside the car whilst hearing Jennie's nonstop nagging as the lawyer drove the car to the wedding location.

Thankfully the ceremony wasn't started yet. Jisoo signaled them to sat beside her at the front row, she had saved the space for her friends. Lisa's parents were there too since Jihyo was really close to them like her own parents.

"If Jihyo knows you come this late, she'll murder you," Jisoo whispered.

"If she knows then I know whom to kill." Lisa straighten her suit "Where's Seulgi and Sana?"

"Helping her out. You're lucky she puts you on guest handling."

"Yeah, I have a lot of subordinate. I don't even need to move my pinky," Lisa chuckled earning a sharp elbow on her ribs and a death glare from her lover.

"Serves you right." Jisoo commented.

The phone in the short doctor's pocket vibrated. She pressed the answer button as the voice she missed so much entered her ears.

"Hey! I'm so sorry I'm late. The traffic was really bad. I'm at the venue now, where are you?"

"Where are you? I'm near the altar." She stood up and looked around. She grinned then waved happily to the long dark haired girl.

"Irene?" Jennie was surprised seeing her friend.

"Hello to you too," she hugged Jennie after she shared an awkward hug with Jisoo.

"So you do hit it off with her, huh?" Lisa spoke lowly as she increased her brow towards Jisoo.

"Too soon to tell but she shows up so I guess it goes pretty good?"

"Well," Lisa patted Jisoo's back. "I hope for the best for you, my friend. Don't mess up."

"I'm not you so don't worry," Jisoo laughed.

"Yah!"

"Seriously though, I thought you're going to give me some advice or something. Since you're mature enough now to maintain your lovely relationship with Jennie," she smirked.

"Nah, you don't need it."

"Or you just don't have it with you," she laughed harder.

The melody from the old piano silenced all the guests. The groom was already at the altar waiting for his bride. Not long after, Jihyo walked in. She was in white long wedding dress and looked so stunning.

It was a solemn ceremony. When they finally kissed, everyone in the room cheered loudly. Lisa averted her eyes from her best friend who was now becoming a wife to Jennie. They smiled to each other as she stroked their joined hand.

Lisa leaned in and captured Jennie's lips softly. It wasn't even her wedding but she was so nervous about it. It was the first wedding ceremony she attended with Jennie. All the warm feeling and love in her heart burst out of her chest. She wanted it too. She wanted that forever. She wanted that commitment. She wanted to have it with this beautiful gorgeous person that she kissed with all her might.

"I love you," Jennie said as she rested her head on Lisa's. "I love you so, so much."

"Not as much as I love you."

"You don't want to argue about it, my love."

They chuckled.

They were happy. For their best friend, but more importantly, they finally could be happy for themselves.

"I'd like to propose a toast," Lisa lifted her glass.

"Well, I honestly don't have much to say aside from that I'm happy for you, Jihyo-ah," she grinned at the newlywed.

"You are my oldest friend, I know you long before I meet the twiddle dumb, twiddle D and her twins. You're a really good friend of mine and today you start a new day, a new chapter in your life with your husband and I expect lots of the mini you in the future." She laughed.

"So good luck my friend. I love you and please do pray for me to follow your trail. Cheers!" She drank the champagne in one go as the others did the same.

"Thank you, Lisa," Jihyo chuckled after she finished her drink.

"Now I got one more thing to ask you," she laughed when she saw Lisa whined. "It wont cost you a dime, I promise. I'm asking you for the promise you made years ago when we were in high school."

Lisa increased her brow trying to remember what promise Jihyo was talking about.

"You said you'd sing on my wedding day. So please, I'm asking you as your best friend who is now on her very happy day, sing for me, for all of us,"

The thing was, Lisa had a great voice. Too bad she was too shy to sing in front of people. Jennie nudged Lisa's side but she had her head bow down. She knew Lisa was embarrassed so she squeezed her thigh to support her.

Lisa looked at Jennie asking for help but Jennie only smiled encouragingly.

"Break a leg," she kissed Lisa's cheek.

Lisa sighed but stood up anyway. Her face was red and her heart thumping inside her chest uncontrollably. If Jihyo's smile wasn't so big and full of gratitude, she would throw this woman to the lake or something.

"Here you go, tiger." Her friend handed her the microphone as Lisa glared at her. "I love you too, now sing for me," she hissed.

Lisa took the microphone then briefly discussed with the band what song she was going to sing.

She faced the audience. They stared at her in high anticipation.

She inhaled a deep breath.

"I'm sorry if my voice crack in the middle of the song or if I can't reach the high note. Please don't laugh at me," she awkwardly grinned earning giggle born the guests.

"Well, as promised, Jihyo. I will sing an eternal love song for you, a song that the time wont forget and I'm sure it describes how you and oppa feel at this moment," she nodded at the band as the melody started to play.

Lisa closed her eyes to feel the meaning of the lyrics and without command, the picture of Jennie smiling at her emerged at the back of her eyes.

She unconsciously smiled.

"My love, there's only you in my life, the only thing that's right. My first love, you're every breath that I take, you're every step I make."

When she opened her orbs again, she instantly met with Jennie's loving eyes that staring back at her. Her edginess disappeared the moment she smiled at her.

It was easy to get lost in her beautiful eyes. It felt like there was only Jennie and her in that place.

"And I, I want to share all my love with you, no one else will do. You're eyes, they tell me how much you care. You will always be my endless love."

The more lyrics she utter, the more confidence she was. It was like she was declaring her love to Jennie for the world to know.

An idea popped up in her brain. She grabbed another mic then slowly made her way down the stage as she walked calmly towards the woman with the hair down to her back.

Lisa smirked naughtily when she offered the mic to Jennie. "Come on dear, don't let me humiliate myself alone," she said making the people laughed.

Like it or not, Jennie took a hold of that thing as she scowled cutely to the annoying tall woman in front of her.

They were left behind the song but since it was a well-known one, they easily catch up to the next part.

"And love, oh love, I'll be a fool for you, I'm sure. You know I don't mind," their voice harmonized in one. "Cause you, you mean the world to me. I know, I've found in you. My endless love."

Lisa held Jennie's hand as they sang face to face. Lisa was long gone forgot about her nervousness. She sang with all her heart hoping that Jennie realized that it wasn't just a song for Jihyo, it was her confession to her.

They finished the song in soft tune. Both of them were breathless. The guests clapped their hand and cheering. They weren't even listening, too busy smiling shyly to each other to mind their surrounding.

"Hey! Hey you guys! Today is Jihyo's day, don't steal it and act so lovey dovey," Seulgi warned them as she shooed them back to their seats.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

666K 11.7K 52
Jennie Kim, an 18 year old high school senior, has been babysitting for the Manobans for almost a year. Lisa and Chaeyoung, both 28, have been marr...
24.5K 490 32
Billionaire bachelorette Lalisa Manoban at the age of 30 is now tired of being alone. She once dreamt of having a big family of her own, but since sh...
853K 22.9K 54
Book 1 'Why did you choose me? I'm just a stupid piece of trash that can't do anything to save her life and her sister's life. Your making my life wo...
37.2K 199 34
"Hubby, I don't want anymore, I feel terrible..." "Baby, be good, finish up this medicine." The handsome man embraces the woman in his arms, coaxing...