Heartstrings

By Shiwani1997

Nandini, a quite girl who lives a simple life being the youngest child,with close friends and good grades.! H... More

Character Sketch
Prologue..
~Chapter 1~Arrogant Jerk
~Chapter 2 ~The Malhotra's
~Chapter 3~Need Sometime
~Chapter 4~Chaotic Minds
~Chapter 5~Meet ups
~Chapter 6~ Her thoughts
~Chapter 7~ The bond
~Chapter 8~ The Answer
~Chapter 9~Best Friends
~Chapter 10~ Jealous? Me? Naah!
~Chapter 11~ First Impression
~Chapter 12~ The Family Meet
~Chapter 13~Shopping Spree
~Thank You!!❤️~
~Chapter 14~New Frienships
~Engagement Day Attires❤️~
~Chapter 15~ Roka Ceremony
~Chapter 16~Engagement Ceremony
~Chapter 17~ The Day After
~Chapter 18~ Jealousy hits
~Chapter 19~ Its Okay! Sir!
~Chapter 20~Getting Closer
~Chapter 21~Karwachaut
~Chapter 22~Her Past
~Chapter 23~ Diwali Shopping
~Chapter 24~ New Year Eve (Part 1)
~Chapter 25~ New Year Eve (Part 2)
~Chapter 26~ Her Step
~Chapter 27~ Connecting Hearts
~Chapter 28~Holi Celebrations
~Chapter 30~ Sweet Nothings
~Chapter 31~ Friends like Family
~ Chapter 32 ~Blooming Love
~Chapter 33~Surprise Visits
~Chapter 34~ Seeking Permission
~Chapter 35~ Bonding Session
~Chapter 36~ The Journey Begins
~Chapter 37~ Fangirling Much
IMPORTANT
~ Chapter 38 ~ Exploring the island
~Chapter 39~ Wedding
~Chapter 40~ Surprise Preparation
~Chapter 41~ The Proposal
~ Chapter 42 ~A New Member
~Chapter 43~ Naming Ceremony
~Chapter 44~ A Month to go
~Chapter 45~ Always Forever!
~Chapter 46~ Functions Starts
~Chapter 47~ Mehendi
~ Chapter 48 ~ Sangeet
~Sangeet Day Attires❤️~
~ Chapter 49 ~ Just one more day
~Chapter 50~ Haldi Ceremony
~Chapter 51~ Last Day
~Chapter 52~ Our Day
~Wedding Day Attires❤️~
~Chapter 53~ The Night
~Chapter 54~ First Day
~Chapter 55~ Reception
~Chapter 56~ Here we come Paris!
~Chapter 57~ Exploring Paris!
~Chapter 58~ Adventurous Day
~Chapter 59~ Disneyland
~Chapter 60~ Trial Room Romance
~Chapter 61~ Dream come True
~Chapter 62~ New beginnings
~Chapter 63~ Last day in Paris
~Chapter 64~ Welcome Back
~ Chapter 65 ~ Unexpected turn of Events
~Chapter 66~ Mixed Feelings
~Chapter 67~ Talking it Out
~Chapter 68~ Being there for Him
~Chapter 69~Press Conference
~Chapter 70~ Blissful Moments
Epilogue

~Chapter 29~ Angry Malhotra

11.3K 894 44
By Shiwani1997

Kapoor Mansion

Its been 2 hours now that Nandini was still unconscious. Ruhi was sitting beside her whereas manik was sitting on the couch looking at her. Everyone else were in their rooms taking rest on Ishita's insist. Ishu was already asleep after a hectic day.

In Nandini's room

Ruhi and Manik being tired slept on their respective places in the same sitting position. After a while Nandini started to wake up, opening her eyes she looked for water and found Ruhi sleeping beside her. She slowly started to get up when her eyes fell on Manik, she smiled seeing him and suddenly the thirst made her cough which broke their sleep.

"Nandu/Nandini" Both Ruhi and Manik said in unison. Ruhi helped her sit while manik grabbed a glass of water and made her drink.

"You Okay!" Manik asked her after she drank water to which she just nodded her head and rested her head on the headboard.

"Main sabko bolke aati hoon that you are awake." Ruhi said getting up and moving out. As Ruhi left Manik sat in front of her and touched her forehead to check her fever and found it still warm but a little less.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked straightforwardly without meeting her eyes.

"Better" she spoke to which he chuckled sarcastically saying

"Yaa of course" and was going to get up when she held his hand lightly and asked him to sit.

"Aap naraz ho?" she asked.

"Nahi! Khush hoon bahut tumhe aise dekh ke!" he spoke sarcastically.

"Manik!" she was again going to say when Ruhi entered with others and Manik moved from the bed to let them see her.

"Kaise hai bachha ab?" Mahir asked sighing in relief seeing her conscious.

"Haa bhai main thik hoon. Aap sab please tension mat lo." Nandini replied feeling guilty seeing everyone's tensed faces.

"Are you serious bhabhi? You were unconscious for two hours! Kyu kheli aapne itni holi?" Cabir spoke frowning while the rest of the youngsters seconded.

"Voh sahi bol raha hai Nandini..We let it go always but uss baari thoda zyaada hogaya tha." Karan spoke.

"I am so sorry! But aaplog ko pata hai na ki holi is the only time I forget everything? I know I should have taken care of myself and I am so sorry..Mom and Dad aaplog ko bhi maine bahut pareshan kiya na? Sorry! But I am completely fine" Nandini started off guiltily but ended with a cute pout which made everybody smile.

"It's okay Nandini! It's just that we were tensed but seeing you fine is all we wanted. Dhyaan rakho bachhe apna. We will go out and you should rest..Manik dekhna that she doesn't exhaust herself." Raj spoke showing off his concern and gestured everyone to move out leaving Manik and Nandini alone to talk in some privacy.
Everyone left closing the door behind while Manik bolted it and came to sit beside Nandini. He was silent and it was scaring Nandini. Manik had never been the silent one for all she had heard about him. If he was angry, he did show it but being silent was so not him. His eyes lost the shine it always had and Nandini was sad knowing that she was the reason for it.

"Manik?!" She called but all she got was silence.

"Manik please! Baat to suniye meri.." Nandini tried making Manik listen but it all went into deaf ears.

"I am sor.." Nandini started off again but was cut off by Manik.

"You are sorry right?! Peechle 10 minute main 15 baar sun chuka hoon..but mujhe tumhari sorry nahi chahiye! Are you nuts? Even after knowing ki zyaada der paani main rehne se tum bimaar parti ho you still do this and every year may I mention..Even though I am angry on Mahir bhaiya as well for letting you play but I cannot blame them for I know how stubborn you can act but bachpane ki limit hoti hai." Manik lashed out while Nandini was on the verge of crying.

"Manik I obviously have no valid excuses for what I did but.."

"But what Nandini? This isn't some joke! You were freaking unconscious for 2 hours..Are you even real? And Damn right you don't have any reasons because no sane person would do this..Do you even realise how helpless I felt when I saw you shivering and not waking up? Tumhe holi khelna hai fine khelo but who exactly gave you the right to play with your health? Aur fir tumbe mujhe bataya bhi nahi aur naa hi thodi si bhi care ki apni. I am damn angry right now so don't even try anything." Nandini was almost crying by the time Manik finished but she did not blame him as she knew she was wrong and Manik had every right to be angry.

Knowing that words will not calm him,she got up and sat on his lap sideways which was easy as he was sitting beside her taking the support of the the bedrest. All she did was wrap her arms around him and snuggled into him..This was the first they were this close but it was anything but uncomfortable. Manik felt a different kind of peace seeing her in his arms and he couldn't restrain himself from hugging her back not before wiping the tears that left her eyes.

"Nandini! Shhh..Stop crying please.I am sorry! I know I shouldn't have shouted on you like that but I couldn't control myself..Bahut bure khayaal aa rahe the tumhe behosh dekh kar and knowing that you knew this would happen didn't help."

"Nahi Manik! I am sorry..You had every right to shout at me and I am glad aapne apna haqq jataya. I am completely at fault here and I wouldn't even try defending myself but I can promise that I will not repeat this..Main apna pura dhyaan rakhungi"

"Obviously rakhogi..agar tumne dobara mere saath aisa stunt pull kiya na then you will have it from me and I am not kidding."

"Achha sorry na! Nahi hoga agli baar se ab daanta band kariye please" Saying this, Nandini snuggled more in his embrace while he tightened his hold on her. No words were exchanged further but it wasn't necessary either because they found solace in this silence and it was heart warming.

"Vaise Nandini, even though I am loving this position you need rest and I need to leave ghar ke liye so aap mujhe chodengi?" Manik said with a mischievous smile while Nandini blushed and got off his lap.

"Aur haa main kaka se bol kar soup bhijwa raha hoon and you need to drink that without any tantrums..Agar mujhe bhabhi se pata chala ki tumne natak kiya toh dekh lena " Manik said warning her.

"Pch! Thik hai pee lungi voh ganda soup but you need to come out of your Mr. Strict Malhotra avatar..I hate him" Nandini said pouting while Manik went all aww on her.

"Achha fine! Goodnight Nandini." He said and moved out not before giving a kiss on her forehead.
Just as he was about to move towards the gate, Nandini held his hand and he turned around to face her.

"Goodnight Manik! Thank you aaj ke liye" Nandini said kissing his cheek and went under the covers blushing and not wanting to bare his teasing which was supposed to be followed.
Manik not wanting to trouble her left not before shaking his head at the her antics.

"Puri ki puri package mili hai mujhe..Not that I am complaining." Manik thought and moved downstairs to join his family who were sitting in the living room waiting for him.

"Bhabhi, voh abhi thik hai and aaraam kar rahi hai but aap uske liye soup le jaayige na please" Manik told Ruhi.

"Soup? Are you sure Manik! Bhagwan aajaye but Nandini ko soup peene ke liye nahi mana sakte" Ruhi told Manik remembering all the drama she does.

"Aap uski chinta mat kariye..usko bas de dena and if she doesn't have it just give me a call and I will deal with it." Manik said smirking while Kapoors where surprised but happy knowing that he cared for their daughter and was the only one who could handle her.
Mukti, Alya and Dhruv had already left as it was late and now the Malhotras were leaving as well so Raman,Ishita and Ruhi went outside to bid them farewell while Mahir took Nandini's soup to her room.

"Bahut achha laga Ishitaji aaplog ke saath holi manakar..Jaane ka mann hi nahi karrha" Nyonika spoke while hugging Ishita while Raman and Raj hugged.

"Arey ab toh shaadi main 2 hi mahine bache hai toh milna julna toh laga hi rahega" Raman said toh which both Ishita and Nyonika agreed and the Malhotras left with Cabir and Manik in their car and Raj and Nyonika in theirs.

Nandini's Room

Mahir entered Nandini's room after knocking and saw her sitting on her bed curled up and reading a book. Her excuse? She has already slept enough and wasn't feeling sleepy. Mahir kept the tray on the bed and took some soup in a spoon to feed her to which Nandini made a face at first but then started drinking without any tantrums and Mahir was shocked.

"Nandini tu thik hai na? Mujhe toh lag raha hai tera bukhar abhi tak gaya nahi hai" Mahir spoke to which Nandini gave him a confused look.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai bhai! Main bilkul thik hoon bas thodi si weakness aa gayi hai aur kuch nahi..Aapko aisa kyu lag raha hai?" Nandini said confused.

"Voh tum bina tantrums ke soup pee rahi hai toh mujhe laga tu pagal ho gayi hai." Mahir said with a mischievous smile.

"Bhai kya aap bhi na..Bol toh aise rahe ho jaise maine iske pehle kabhi soup hi nahi piya" Nandini spoke trying to hide the blush knowing very well as to why she was drinking it.

"Waah beta! Yeh achha hai..Yaha humari zindagi nikal gayi madam ko 2 spoon soup pilane main aur Manik aaya nahi ki puri ki puri bowl pee li tune without any tantrums.." Mahir said smirking to which Nandini hid her flushed face.

"Bhaaaiii! Stop teasing me na" Nandini whined but Mahir was having his gala time.

"Kyu pareshan kar rahe hai Mahir aap usko? Bimar hai bachhi, rest karne dijiye" Ruhi said entering the room and sitting beside Nandini.

"Thank you bhabhi! Bas aap hi hai jo mujhe samajhti hai" Nandini said side-hugging her.

"Haan haan! Voh sab toh thik hai bit Nandu ek baat bata..aisa bhi kya kaha Manik ne jo humne nahi kiya tujhe soup pilane ke liye?" Ruhi teased her to which Mahir laughed along with her while Nandini faced resembled a perfect 'O' shape.

"Bhabhi aap bhi? Jaao toh aap dono mujhe kisi se baat nahi karni" Nandini said angrily but all three of them knew that it was just an act to hide her embarrassment.
After sometime, Mahir and Ruhi made her lie down properly and left the room switching off the lights and letting her sleep.

Okay! Here it is guys.
I did not want to extend Manik's anger for more than a chapter so ended it here only..
There are finally coming close haan?! Also, only 2 months to go for the wedding❤️
Excited? Because I sure am!🙈
How was Mahir and Nandini's scene? Ab toh teasing chalu hui hai😂

~xoxo❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 23K 50
Manik and Nandini are absolute strangers but destined to marry. Manik Malhotra is CEO of Malhotra industries and Nandini murty is one of the leading...
40.1K 2.9K 33
Sid Manik are cousins Nandini shehnaaz are best friends sid and sana are cousins who got married at an early age.. Parents wanted to get marry them...
127K 13.4K 50
As the right hand man and brother of the Capo of the most dangerous mafia gang, Manik Malhotra lacks feelings and emotions until his brother asks hi...
100K 6.4K 16
It's going to be a unique love story on Manan. How a marriage which is going be an arranged one but turned into a loved one. A shy boy and bold girl...