Wolf Rage | ✔️

makemebreakme555 tarafından

After being burned by an ex-boyfriend, Mia returns to her hometown--only to fall into the hands of a more dan... Daha Fazla

[0] The Legend of the Beastmen
[1] Subdued
[2] Out
[3] Reptile
[4] Power of Alpha
[5] Heartbreak
[6] Hanging on a Tree
[7] Bite
[8] Awkward Touch
[9] Alpha's Request
[10] Rex
[11] Sugar and Spice
[12] Pranks and Misunderstandings
[13] Fetish
[14] Eavesdropping Luna
[15] Dare Exchange
[16] Alpha Favors
[17] Desk Kisses
[19] The Ex Effect
[20] Playful
[21] Sleepwalker
[22] Odd Requests
[23] Luna Status
[24] Bedroom Talk
[25] Instincts
[26] Instincts II
[27] Instincts III
[28] Stranger Danger
[29] Sacrifice
[30] The Mating
WOLF RAGE - IMPORTANT NEWS

[18] Agreements

12.1K 546 218
makemebreakme555 tarafından

[18] Agreements

The first time Mia heard Samantha complain about Jasmine, she tried to reason with her best friend over the phone.

"...so all in all she doesn't sound too bad." Mia concluded.

"That's it?" Samantha snapped, unsatisfied with her response.

"Samantha, I don't know what you want me to say." Mia responded, switching her cell phone to the other ear.

It was freshman year in college, and apparently Saurus had his first girl-friend. It was a shocker, really. That reptile could manage to get a girl to date him. Mia snorted, lets see how long that relationship lasted.

"It's just...ugh!" The werewoman made a sound of deep irritation. "Can you and Saurus magically get along so that you guys mate and you're my sister forever? I hate having you so far away and I didn't realize how picky I was with the females my brother chooses until this happened."

"She doesn't sound that bad Sammie. I mean, so far from what you've told me she's just a regular chick." Mia said, shrugging.

Samantha groaned. "I know, I know. She's not bad. It's just... I'm used to you. Let's just say she's very needy. She trips all over the place, always needs help with something or another. I'm not trying to be mean but it irks me. I would prefer if she got herself together."

Mia laughed. No wonder Saurus liked this chick, she sounded like the ideal girl guys go for. Damsel in distresses who needed help all the time. Men loved feeling needed. "Not for nothing Sammie, but in high school you were needy too."

"That's different! There's a difference between a needy sixteen-year-old and a needy college student! Besides, I picked it up senior year, at least give me some credit!"

That's true. Samantha did a whole U-turn senior year. "Well, you can't dictate who your brother dates. I say try to make the best of it and become friends with her."

Samantha snorted. "Oh please. You say that because you've never met her. I'm sure if you even heard her voice once you wouldn't like her either."

Mia mulled this over her mind. Would she not like Jasmine? "I don't know. She sounds nice."

There was laughter in Sammie's voice as she responded. "Oh Mia, her niceness has nothing to do with why you wouldn't like her."

Mia blinked. Stumped on Sammie's implications. That made no sense. "Whatever. How about you tell me more about the shop you're managing..."

Present

Saurus sighed. Another pen broke from excess force as he wrote on a sheet of paper. The fifth pen today so far, if he kept this up he'd have no supply by the end of the day. His fingers twitched with anxiety, his heart pounding despite no physical stress. His emotions were driving him up the wall.

He knew this would happen. That Mia would avoid him once the events that occurred two days ago caught up with her, and now that it had she successfully avoided him since the night he let down his walls and gave in to his true feelings for her.

The softness of her skin, the way her warm lips felt, the way she responded... if he even pondered that too much it would cause a reaction. As it was, it proved difficult controlling his mind to not sway in that direction. Never before had he felt as full as that night he kissed her. And yet, what he would do to rewind back.

Because now he was sure she hated him, closed in her room with no contact to him whatsoever under the pretense of feeling under the weather. Sammie had been so consumed with her new progress with Michael she didn't notice her best friend had no smell of sickness. Samuel himself had drawn near in the late hours to verify. She was utterly and completely healthy.

He knew what was coming soon. She would come to seek answers about the kiss and then distance if she realized how he felt. And Samuel knew he would have to make an excuse, anything to hide the raw reality from her plain view. Because he'd rather have her close and hate him, than have her far away and know the truth.

Samuel looked down. Stupid hands. Why did they have to take such liberties. Now she was probably afraid of him. Samuel growled, closing them into fists. More like stupid heart. He had never been concerned about how anyone felt about him, but Mia was different. She was always his exception. The only woman he would ever allow close. The only woman he would ever want to mate. There was no other.

He clutched his head and massaged his temples. There was only one way calm himself when he got like this. Samuel rolled back from his desk and prowled to his room. It was so relatively organized that no one ever thought to look under his bed, where he pulled out a nondescript box full of drawing pads. For the last two days he had been especially inspired to draw her. And as his fingers furiously drew he felt himself calm. The drawings brought her to life in a way, it let him relive the experience with something tangible.

But when Samuel finished drawing he gulped. He had made numerous drawings of Mia, but they had always ever been about a moment in the past. A snapshot of something that happened. This was different. He wasn't sure if it was because that night was the first kiss they ever shared, or if heart was really going crazy, because rather than draw her the night of their kiss as he had these past two days this picture was one of the future. A wishful future. One that would probably never happen.

It was a drawing of Mia walking down an aisle in a wedding dress.

Mia woke up in shambles. That is, if it would even be considered waking up. The actions between her and Samuel kept replaying like a movie, keeping her tossing and turning all night. She quarreled within herself between questioning him for his actions or hiding from what happened. It was this inner debate that had her avoid talking to him. And there was an annoying part in her heart that was actually nervous of what he would say. Dare she say even a part that moderately hoped he wouldn't put it off like she feared he would?

However, being that two days had passed she knew she could no longer play the sick card and hideout in her room. No, today she would be brave and ask Samuel what everything that occurred that day meant. Would it change anything between them? Mia turned off the television, who had been her temporary best-friend as she tried to lose herself into the life of others and avoid her own. In the shower she made sure to scrub carefully, as though the soap would somehow erase all traces of her thoughts from Samuel. She didn't acknowledge how it took her a little longer than usual to pick an outfit today. It's ridiculous she even cared how he viewed her.

Walking to his study took more effort than usual. With the way her feet lagged one would think they were made of lead. It was as she actually raised her hand to knock on the door that she knew she was truly out of it. Mia never knocked to enter his study, it was always free reign to her. She lowered her hand down and tried to concentrate. C'mon Mia, get yourself together. It's just Samuel. Its just reptile. Nothing to be all nervous about.

But when she opened the door her stomach churned uncomfortably. He was in his usual place on the desk, typing away in his typical manner. As usual, he didn't bother stopping to greet her, merely continued on. So it would be as though it never happened, then? That didn't settle right with her, and in spite of her fear she approached his desk.

Surprisingly, he actually stopped and swiveled on his seat to face her. His large body leaning on his chair so casually made him look like some sort of resting wolf king. His black eyes were endless bottom pits, so impassive and empty. The lack of emotions did not quell Mia's nerves, if anything it made approaching him more intimidating.

Mia bit her lip. "About the other day... when y-you — um..." Her stammering made her wince. She didn't know why she jumped straight to the point, but perhaps it was better to do this than tip-toe around the subject. "I think that we should, um..."

Talk about it? She wasn't sure where she was going with this. It was so confusing. Mia didn't miss how Samuel's grip on the chair tightened, whether out of anger or annoyance she didn't know.

"Listen, if it helps ease that little conscience of yours, I'll say this — it wasn't you I was thinking about when I kissed you."

Mia froze, her breath slowing to a deafening stop. In the end, she wasn't sure what end result she would have preferred. Having him start to like her, or having him still hate her. In the end, it was clear how he felt about her.

But for some reason, that sentence seemed to spike an anger within her. "Someone else?" Mia hissed. Her first assumption was Jasmine. That had to be the person he had been thinking about, it was her drawings she found in his drawers.

Samuel ignored her blurb in favor of standing to tower over her, bending his head down to face her with a self-assured smirk. "If anything, you took advantage of me. Let's not forget I was the one under the influence. You totally came onto me."

Mia choked. He had to be kidding. "Excuse me?! Have you forgotten that it was you who pushed me against your desk?!" She screeched, shoving him forcefully towards the wooden desk. "You grabbed my legs and you began touching me."

"Wow." He said, feigning being impressed. "Reenacting the whole scenario quite accurately aren't you? Did you think about it heavily before going to bed?" His voice lowered, mocking. "Did you want me to touch you again?" His hand closed around her upper thigh in a demeaning manner.

Mia sent him her fiercest glare. "I hate you!" She spat, turning in a heat of anger. She should have never brought it up! She should have acted like it never happened, continued as though it never occurred.

But before she managed two steps he grabbed her, pulling her back. She felt the rise of his chest as he breathed, pressing up against her back. "Tell me." He said lowly, whispering in her ear. "Did you want it to be real?" This time, his tone was void of any mocking. Just a question, except she wondered why it had a tone of urgency to it.

Mia looked up, straight into those eyes now swirling in gold. It was no longer impassive or empty, but full of frustration. She didn't want to answer him, and so she tried to force her way out of his arms, but the way he clutched her was in a deadlock. While it was his muscled arms that held her in place, his hand ended up positioned over her abdomen, his fingers gently digging into her stomach.

"Just tell me." He grounded. His aura swirled around her in flames, a blazing fire erupting.

"I. Don't. Care." She announced hatefully, ripping away from him. "I don't care about you, or Jasmine, or whatever it is that pertains to you! That night was worthless to me for all I care!"

His eyes hardened, and she heard the sound of something splinter. Wide-eyed, Mia looked at the desk he began to damage. Samuel pulled his hand away swiftly, as though startled by his own reaction.

Samuel never lost control.

"Very well. It was worthless." He repeated. His voice was steel, it sliced through her heart and made her regret her outburst.

But there was no way she'd take it back. It would mean she did care. That she did want it to be real. And that couldn't happen.

"I said it that night, and I'll say it again, I'm sorry. I'll make sure that never happens again." He vowed, sounding deathly serious. The coldness made goosebumps rise, her heart to feel heavy and burdened. "Let's forget it ever happened."

"Yes." She whispered. It would be better to forget, to leave it behind them like a blurry memory that never existed.

Mia walked out his office with this agreement in mind. Her legs were still lead, but in a different way. She felt reluctant to leave the study. Reluctant to leave him. Why did he ask her that? Why ask if she wanted it to be real?

Closing the door behind her, Mia bit her lip. As much as they agreed to forget, they both knew the truth.

The memory of everything that happened yesterday was forever burned in their mind. And there was no way to get rid of it.

The early sun filtered through Mia's window, coloring her room in a glorious glaze of orange and purple. It was beautiful, enough that it distracted her from finishing packing. Mia was practically done folding her clothes. Nothing fancy, just the basics of what she typically wore. After all, the trip to Everglades would be for Samuel and Sammie, she would be relaxing for the most part while they handled their business.

A steady knock pulled her from her gazing. "Yes?"

The door opened to reveal Samuel, who had recently gotten a shape-up and face-wise was as crisp as ever. "Are you done yet, woman?"

Mia tried not to laugh. That was his new term for her. Whenever he was annoyed he no longer called her human, but now decided to heighten her echelon by referring to her as woman now. Mia gave him a look. "Its not even six yet. I thought we weren't leaving for another hour."

"Yes, but you have a habit of not finishing things on time. I want to put all the suitcases in the trunk."

Her room suddenly became smaller when he entered it, coming up beside her to assess her clothing choice. Mia raised a brow. She had a feeling he hadn't actually come to get her suitcase, but to preen her clothing selection. What did he care what she wore over there? Even so, she allowed him, inwardly laughing when his eyes reached a particular corner and widened, scandalized as he viewed her intimate wear.

"Since when did you wear these sorts of things?" He asked, actually reaching to lift a particular lacy piece and holding it between them.

Mia tried to pull it off him, but he held it higher so it was out of her reach. "I've been wearing those types of things."

He furrowed his brows. "You didn't always use to."

"And how would you know, reptile?" she challenged, placing her hands on her hips.

Samuel didn't answer her. Instead, he released the undergarment over her face and closed the suitcase without further questioning, clearly deciding for her that she didn't need it for the trip.

"Hey! You just took out one of my underwear, I need that!"

"I don't know any female that needs fifteen for a three-day trip. One less won't be a loss."

Mia coughed. He had actually counted? She felt helpless as she watched him exit out with her suitcase, not bothering to let her add anything else if she so wanted to. Defeated, she took the excluded underwear and placed it back in her drawer. She wouldn't start an argument over something so miniscule. Since their heated argument that day in his study, they had fallen into an uncanny sort of peace. After all, there was nothing to be angry about since technically it didn't happen. It was forgotten. Suppose to be, anyway.

Not to mention, Samuel kept doing things for her without her knowledge. The other day her car had started to make some strange noise, and she had vocally complained to Sammie about it during dinner. Next thing she knew her car keys were missing, and when they had mysteriously re-appeared in a few hours, she realized her car had magically started working well again. She found it no coincidence that Samuel's shirt and hands had been black with some sort of grime that day, and when she questioned him about it he merely shrugged and told her she needed to keep up with her oil changes and that he replaced her muffler, which apparently had a hole. Whatever that meant.

Mia ate a light breakfast before they left to the airport. And when the time to leave came it was actually Samantha who was late, running around her room in a frenzy to gather more business clothing. While they waited outside for her, there was a cloud of unease resting upon Samuel. She could see how he appeared to be battle conflicting thoughts.

"Are you okay?" she asked, unable to hold her curiosity in any longer.

He was slightly pacing now, which she knew meant he had an itching to go in the forest and run to destress. It's what he usually did when he got this way. Samuel looked up, and suddenly instead of being some feet away from her he was directly before her face. His inky eyes roved over her, searching, though for what she knew not. Then, they solidified.

Samuel muttered indecipherably before uttering the one word her mind understood. "Release."

Immediately Mia clutched her heart, feeling as though someone savagely ripped through her chest. She looked down to assess what had happened, but there was nothing different about her. It was strange to feel such raw, fresh pain when there appeared to be nothing wrong.

"What was that!" She cried, glaring accusingly at him. That feeling had only come upon her after he had said those words she didn't understand.

Samuel's fists were clenched, even he couldn't hide the pain he felt. He appeared no where near as affected as she was, but perhaps he preferred to hide it. "I released you from my hold over you." He explained.

"That hurt..." she mumbled, looking at the ground.

His voice softened. "I'm sorry Mia." She saw his feet advance to be closer to her, but then he seemed to debate it and stopped. "I didn't expect for that to happen."

Deciding to believe him, she left it at that, slightly moved by the manner he addressed her. At least she was no longer under him. She was free again, and that was good. Why did this not bring her the level of satisfaction she was expecting? She kind of didn't mind staying under him, it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. Especially now that they were heading to foreign grounds.

"Why did you choose to do it now? Right when we're going to a new territory?"

It was random. He had countless opportunities to do it at the packhouse and he chose now?

Samuel's expression was a canvas, void of any colors to hint his intentions. Instead of answering her, he deflected her question with one of his own. "Aren't you happy to no longer be submitted to me? You have full reign over yourself again. You can do anything you want without needing my permission."

What could she respond to that with? Thankfully, the pain in her chest was starting to dull. With more time it should go away.

Since he felt it right to not answer her, she would leave his question in the air as well. Hmph!

Just then Samantha came out with a slew of apologies. It was the perfect distractor from what had happened. Despite not leaving the packhouse on time they still managed to board their flight with no complications, and even the plane ride there was smooth.

Samuel had apparently rented a car in Everglades so that the sharkmen wouldn't have to pick them up. Mia wondered why he was reluctant to accept their hospitality, but it was then she remembered this was the place his ex-girlfriend was stolen from. It was the place she still resided in.

As they drove through the streets the landscape changed, and they came upon a private community protected by a gate. Samuel showed his identification and immediately they allowed him in. Suddenly they were near the ocean. The smell of salt and sea wafted through the window as they drove through a series of homes wedged by the oceanside. Each had their own boat, and as they drove further and further Mia realized this was sharkmen central. After a few minutes an elaborate estate came to view, much larger than the others in comparison. This must be where the shark king lived. It was interesting to see a whole community built near the ocean, they even had their own docks. It was clear these sharkmen valued the ocean whereas wolfmen preferred the dense forest.

A pair waited for them at the entrance of the elaborate home. Samuel didn't even have to find parking, as they would do it for him and a butler guided them inside. Mia looked around her, wide-eyed as she took in the sophisticated landscape of the estate. It was a good thing Samuel was carrying her luggage because she might have left it somewhere in all her staring.

It wasn't as large as the packhouse in Dark Falls, but that was probably because their entire people was spread out in the smaller homes to not have everyone concentrated in one spot. Even so, every piece of furniture reeked of expensive and high class. A sparkling, glass chandelier hung from the ceiling at the center between the staircases. This type of home is the sort she'd only ever seen on television. Mia was awed at the beauty.

"Your rooms will be this way." The butler guided them, and Mia felt a nudge from Samuel urging her to move along.

Just as they turned a corner, there was a small figure that happened to come from that same direction. Mia would not have paid any mind, except the female figure froze when she saw them. More specifically, when she saw Samuel.

"S-Saurus?" Her delicate voice asked.

Mia didn't know why, but despite her sweet disposition, she immediately didn't like her.

Author's Note: I actually like this chapter too because dramaaaaaa. Haha can't wait for you guys to meet a certain someone in the next 😉 comment and vote to support ❤️

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

574K 21.8K 71
»beginning is rough and quite awful but it gets better as you go along« »book one in the series« When she gets stolen from her wedding, Emerald Vale...
5.5M 178K 40
(Complete) Rae East has always cast herself off as a girl not worthy of a Mate. With a past of self-doubt and expectations of a hopeless future, her...
1.2K 79 16
Larentia falls in love at first bite. What would you do, If you had a monster living inside of you? Moving away to go to college is scary. Even scari...
255K 6.9K 27
~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **MATURE CONTENT** Alpha Layton Bailey, the alpha of WinterMoor. He's ruthless a...