Unwritten (Summer Of Taking C...

By infinityh16

Dominique fell asleep after drowning her grief with bottles of beer. When she woke up a surprising news greet... More

PROLOGUE
Last Memory
Forgotten
Resume
Max
The Painting
Secret Love
Tattoo
Ferry
Out of Town
The Truth
Avoidance
Shattered Dreams
Hope
The Photo
Space
Daniel
Date Night
Physical Intimacy
Unattainable
Vincent
Dream or Memory?
Worth It
Vanessa
Sweet Creature
Kiss
Sick
Investment & Custody Battle
Overnight
Kidnapped
Unwritten
Almost
The Cure
A New Day
Yearning
The Property
God Killer
Arwen ❤ Diana
Diaries
Dishonesty
Birthday
Firework
Cube Ring
Home
EPILOGUE

Avalanche

5.2K 213 13
By infinityh16

38
DOMINIQUE

NOVEMBER 2018

"Is this the "embarrass your daughter" part?" Pris scowled at her mother and tried to get the large photo album Dominique was perusing. She wasn't happy when Tita Beth brought out the album full of Pris' childhood pictures. "At ikaw naman, tuwang-tuwa ka?" She glared at Dominique, who was smiling.

"Bakit ba? Ang cute mo kaya," Dominique said. Ibinaba nya ang album sa lap nya at uminom ng juice.

Nasa porch sila ng Victorian style house nina Pris kung saan nakatira sina Tita Beth at Olivia.

Kasalukuyan nilang ine-enjoy ang strawberry shortcake na si Olivia mismo ang nagbake. It was a Sunday and Pris' mother invited them for Lunch.

"Mom, hindi mo dapat ipinapakita yan. Those are incriminating pictures. Dominique might use them against me," pagdadahilan ni Pris and crossed her arms.

Umiling lang si Tita Beth at uminom ng tea. Nangingiti lang si Dominique sa kasintahan. Tuwang-tuwa sya nang inilabas ng Ginang ang album para ipakita sa kanya. Kahit bata pa lang, kita na sa mga larawan na napakaganda ni Pris. Kita din na mahilig na ito sa photography dahil laging may nakasukbit na camera sa leeg nito. May mga pictures itong tumutugtog ng piano o kaya naman punong-puno ito ng putik dahil nadapa ito habang naliligo sa ulan.

"Makulit ka na talaga kahit noon pa noh?" Dominique teased.

"You have no idea, iha," natatawang sang-ayon ni Tita Beth. "There was this one time. She was around 5 or 6. She gave us a scare because she got lost in the woods. Buti na lang may nakakita sa kanya agad. She was almost attacked by a wild boar." Tita Beth shook her head. "She always makes me worry. Thank God, you came into her life, Dominique. She settled a bit. I was really frightened when she got stabbed in Cabo, San Lucas."

Pris looked guilty but didn't say anything. Dominique got scared too when she learned the story behind her scar. Parang ayaw na tuloy nyang mawala sa paningin nya si Pris. Naramdaman nyang hinawakan ni Pris ang kamay nya nang makita nitong gumuhit sa mukha nya ang pag-aalala.

"You won't lose me," Pris assured her. "You can tie me to bed if you want. I'll be your slave forever," she naughtily added. Dominique turned red.

"Stop your perverted mouth, sister." Olivia came out carrying a box. "Come with me and test this."

"What's that?" Pris asked.

"My gift for you," Olivia answered.

Tumayo naman si Pris at sumama sa kapatid nito. Naglakad ang mga ito papunta sa landscaped garden sa harap ng porch. Huminto ang mga ito sa fountain at binuksan ang box. Dominique saw Pris hugged her sister. Nagustuhan siguro nito ang regalo.

"Thank you, Dominique for giving my daughter a chance. For loving her," Tita Beth said. Her eyes full of gratefulness while looking into her eyes. "She's a hand full but she loves you so much. Akala ko hindi na ulit magmamahal yan until you came along."

"You don't have to thank me, Tita. Ako dapat ang magpasalamat sa kanya for being so patient with me," Dominique said smiling. "You're right though. She's naughty but she loves me." Napatingin sya sa diamond ring na binigay nito. "And I love her too, Tita." Tita Beth smiled at her sweetly.

Dominique heard a buzzing sound. She and Tita Beth's attention was turned to a white drone hovering above them. And suddenly memories rushed through her like an avalanche.

She was walking on the beach. People were busy having fun around her. Dominique heard a buzzing sound and a black drone stopped on mid air few feet away from her. She noticed a number "8" sticker placed near its lens. She smiled and waved, then the drone flew away.

Dominique got thirsty and ordered mango juice from a beach bar. She met a fortune teller. Tinanong sya kung gusto nyang hulaan sya nito. Hindi sya nakasagot.

"Magigising muli ang natutulog mong puso," nakangiting sabi ng babae kay Dominique habang nakatitig ito sa mga mata nya. Malamyos ang tinig ng babae at hindi nya mapigilang makinig sa sinasabi nito. "Darating na ang pag-ibig na nakatakda para sayo."
Sinabihan ni Dominique ang babae na hindi sya naghahanap ng pag-ibig. Isa pa, hindi sya naniniwala sa hula lamang.

"Wala kang kapangyarihang pigilan ang pag-ibig na ito," sambit ng babae.

Dominique decided to humor the fortune teller. "Kelan naman darating ang pag-ibig na yan?" She asked the woman, who grinned from ear to ear and pointed at the same drone she saw earlier that just came out of nowhere. She laughed at the woman, who was suddenly out of sight. She knew she was a fraud.

After finishing her juice she decided to walk back to her hotel when she saw a Frisbee about to hit her face. She raised her arms to cover her face. She waited for the Frisbee to hit her but nothing happened. Then she smelled Green Tea Summer perfume. "You're safe now," she heard a girl with a slightly husky voice spoke.

Nang mag-angat sya ng tingin, napatitig sya sa napakagandang mukha ng babae. Pinagmasdan nya ang hugis puso nitong mukha, matangos na ilong at ang prominent cleft chin nito na tila gusto nyang hawakan. Her warm brown eyes were like magnet, kaya hindi nagawang alisin agad ni Dominique ang paningin rito.

Flash...

Dominique was transported to a different time and place. Another memory. She was at the meadow with Pris. They were lying on a bamboo raft face to face. Dominique was mesmerized with Pris' eyes and beautiful face. Kita rin nya ang paghanga sa mga mata nito sa kanya. Dahan-dahang lumapit ang mukha nito. She knew what was about to happen but Dominique couldn't...didn't stop it. She felt Pris' lips touched hers. It gave her an amazing feeling. Electricity ran through her body. Dominique found herself responding until her mind yelled it was wrong and she pushed Pris away. But regretted it as soon as the kiss broke. Her body yearned for it.

Flash...

She was talking to Pris at the living room sofa in Ilocos. Dominique found Pris cute on her Marvin the Martian t-shirt. Pris was looking at her shyly. "About what happened at the meadow...I'm sorry for kiss..." She took a deep breath and looked Dominique in the eye. "The truth is, I am not sorry at all for kissing you. I like you, Dominique." Her warm brown eyes were fixed on hers intently and it made Dominique's heart beat fast.

Flash...

Dominique was in Kapurpurawan Rock Formation. She found out that Pris owned the black drone she saw in San Juan. She was crying and Pris was embracing her. She wanted to stay that way with her forever. Dominique admitted she felt strongly for Pris but she wasn't ready yet and she was also scared.

Tinitigan sya ni Pris sa mga mata nya. "I love you, Dominique," she told her with so much intensity that it rocked her to her core. "Kung hindi ka pa handa, that's fine with me. I will be waiting until you are ready."

Flash...

Dominique watched in horror as Pris fell from the tree with Muning in her arms. To her relief, Pris was able to hold on to a branch and landed safely on the ground. But there were scratches on her face and neck. Dominique was so scared. She thought she would lose Pris.

She was so upset with her for making her worry like that. But she also realized how much she loved her. Paano kung may nangyari rito? Hindi nya kayang mawala ito.

She didn't stop herself from tracing Pris' cleft chin with her fingers. "Do you really love me?" She asked Pris, who was staring at her intently.

"I do," Pris whispered. "I thought I will never feel this way again. My heart started beating again for you."

"I love you too," Dominique finally admitted and then kissed her soft lips.

Flash...

Dominique woke up with a smile on her lips. It's 6:45 in the morning according to the digital clock on the bedside table. Napatingin sya sa katabing si Pris, na himbing na himbing pa rin sa tulog. Hindi nya ito ginising dahil gusto nya itong magpahinga. Napagod ito sa pagd-drive kahapon paakyat ng Baguio at namasyal pa sila pagkatapos. It's their 8th monthsary and they stayed awake until midnight to greet each other. They also made love before going to sleep. Dominique blushed just by thinking about it.

She loved waking up beside Pris everyday. Gusto nyang ang magandang mukha nito ang unang nasisilayan nya tuwing gigising. Kung pwede nga lang mag-move in na sya sa condo nito, ginawa na nya. But they wanted to take it slow. Nagkakasya na lang si Dominique na matulog sa condo nito tuwing weekend. She loved cooking and preparing breakfast for Pris. Breakfast in bed. Then they'd end up making love after. "Ang landi," her mind teased.

Sometimes they'd just stay indoor the whole day watching movies and swimming in the pool during lazy days. Kontento na si Dominique kahit magkatabi lang sila nito sa bed habang nagbabasa ng libro. Ayos na sa kanyang panoorin ito habang nag-e-edit ng videos. Masaya na syang nakikita ito at alam nyang nasa tabi lang nya ito. She felt secure and safe whenever she's with Pris. Dominique wanted to stay that way. If forever did exist, she'd want that for them.

"You're staring," Pris said without opening her eyes.

"I can't help it. You're so beautiful," Dominique whispered and kissed her lips. "I love you. Happy monthsary, Love."

"Happy monthsary." Pris quickly positioned herself on top of her. "I'm hungry."

Dominique rolled her eyes. She's always hungry. "Do you want me to call the desk and request for our breakfast?"

"No, I want you," Pris said. Her eyes darkened with desire. She gave Dominique a very demanding kiss. Dominique felt herself turned on. She kissed her back with equal hunger. Pris was able to remove her flimsy lingerie without her noticing. Her body was on fire when Pris caressed her body up and down.

They made love then fell asleep after. Dominique woke up before Lunch. Wala na si Pris sa tabi nya. Bumangon sya at umupo sa kama. "Pris?"

"Yes, Love?" Tamang-tamang palabas ng banyo si Pris. Katatapos lang nitong maligo. May tuwalya pa ito sa ulo at nakasuot ng bathrobe. Pris' eyes widened and took her eyes away from Dominique. "D-Don't tempt me."

Dominique realized she was naked. She immediately pulled the soft blanket to cover herself. She put on her lingerie ang grabbed her towel. Nagmadali syang pumasok sa banyo para maligo. She took her time taking a bath. Paglabas nya ng kwarto, she saw a bouquet of red roses and sunflowers on the bed. Napangiti sya at nakaramdam ng kilig. Kinuha nya ito at inamoy ang mga bulaklak. Binasa nya ang maliit na card.

To my forever Love,

Happy 8th monthsary.
I love you. Forever is possible because we are together.

Always yours,
Pris

Napansin nyang nakabukas ang French door leading to the balcony. Ibinaba nya ang bouquet sa kama saka lumabas. Dala ni Pris ang camera nito at kinukuhanan ang paligid. Dominique shivered when her body felt the cold Baguio air. She hugged Pris from behind. Humarap ito sa kanya saka ikinulong ang pisngi nya sa mga palad nito. As Dominique gazed into her eyes, she realized she couldn't see her future without Pris. She circled her arms around Pris' neck and gave her a tender kiss.

"Pris, I want you to be my forever. I can't imagine my life without you." Dominique hugged her tight. She could hear the pounding of Pris' heart. "Promise me you'll never leave me."

"I told you, you're stuck with me forever," Pris whispered. "But I can't forever hold my hunger, Love."

Dominique pinched her. "You are always hungry."

Pris took her to Secret Garden for Lunch. They went to Tam-Awan Village and Ben Cab Museum. Nabisita na nila halos lahat ng tourist spots kahapon kaya nakontento na lang silang maglakad-lakad habang magkahawak ng kamay sa Session Road.

"Love, I want to get something that will signify our love. Something that will symbolize my love for you." Dominique didn't care if she sounded cheesy. Pris looked at her with questioning eyes.

"What do you have in mind?" Pris asked after finishing her 2nd shawarma.

She smiled sweetly and pointed at a tattoo shop. Pris frowned. "You wanna get a tattoo?" Dominique nodded. "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"That's going to be permanent."

"I know," Dominique said.

"Okay." Nag-aalangan pa rin si Pris sa gusto nya pero sinamahan sya nitong pumasok sa tattoo shop. Tumingin sila ng mga designs pero walang nagustuhan si Dominique. "Why don't you go for Ouroborus? It symbolizes infinity," Pris suggested.

Dominique google searched Ouroborus. It's either a dragon or a snake eating its own tail. She opted for dragon. "I like this one." Ipinakita nya sa may-ari ng tattoo shop ang gusto nya.

"Wait, are you really going to do it? Baka nabibigla ka lang." Pris was worried.

"I'm sure about this."

"Can you at least think about it overnight?" Pris insisted.

"Fine!" Pinagbigyan ito ni Dominique, who was already decided at that moment.

Natatawa na lang sa kanya si Pris because she won't shut up about it kahit bago matulog. She was dead set to get that tattoo. She even thought of wearing a halter blouse tomorrow. She wanted to have it tattooed on her right shoulder blade.

They got a twin tattoo the next day.

"Dominique?!" She heard Pris' voice from a distance. "Dominique!"

Pris' worried tone snapped Dominique out her memory. Her eyes met her warm brown eyes. Nag-aalala itong nakatingin sa kanya.

"Are you okay, iha?" Tanong sa kanya ni Tita Beth.

"Here, have some water." Olivia gave her a glass of water.

Dominique was a little dazed. She drank the water. "Some memories suddenly flashed."

"May masakit ba sayo? Are you dizzy or something?" Pris asked. Hawak nito ang kamay nya.

"I'm okay. Sorry for making you worry," she was apologetic. Mukhang malapit nang magpanic ang mga ito. "I was just a little overwhelmed, that's all." She gave Pris an assuring smile. Nakahinga naman nang maluwag ang mga ito. "I remembered the first time we met."

"R-Really?" Pris looked so happy. "Naalala mo na ngayon na na-love at first sight ka sakin?" Birong dugtong nito.

Dominique laughed. Olivia rolled her eyes. Tita Beth was shaking her head and smiling.

"I guess, I really did fell for you at first sight," Dominique said a little shyly. "I also remembered the first time we kissed on the raft," she said almost a whisper but Pris heard it clearly. Lumuwang ang ngiti nito. "The first time you said you like me." Which answered why she has a Marvin the Martian shirt. It was Pris'. "The first time you said you love me. I also recalled April 8."

She could see happiness in Pris' eyes. Nagpipigil itong umiyak. Yumakap sya rito ng mahigpit. Dominique couldn't express how happy she was for remembering those important moments.
Naiiyak din sa tuwa sina Tita Beth at Olivia.

"Well, now you know that I wasn't taking advantage of you," nakakunot ang noong sabi ni Pris sa kanya. "Na hindi kita binubudol."

Natawa si Dominique. "Now I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 12.9K 49
"Dick for life!" That's the first thing na narinig ko mula sa bibig niya. I hated her because of many reasons. Until one day fate gave me a chance to...
Teased Of Us By .

Teen Fiction

320K 14.5K 42
Highest Ranking : #1 in #gxg Teased of Us : Imperial Series #1 Luna is currently taking her last year in college, before leaving the student life she...
159K 5.1K 31
(COMPLETED) Mapansin mo pa kaya yung nararamdaman ko para sayo? Sabi nila kahit gaano mo ka-close ang isang tao once na tinamaan ka ni kupido, mahih...
313K 11.9K 54
My charming eldest brother. My wise brother. My fortunate sibling. Most importantly, he is our parents' favorite. What exactly am I? Of course, I...