Forbidden Fruit ✔️

By restlessbookreader

Book one of the FORBIDDEN series! ** Nick Knight is the CEO of Knight Tech. He gets everything he wants, no... More

~ Hazel ~
~Nick ~
~ Hazel ~
~Nick~
~Hazel~
~Nick~
~Hazel~
~Nick~
~Hazel~
~Nick~
~Hazel~
~Nick~
~Hazel~
~Hazel~
~Nick~
~Hazel~
~Nick~
~Hazel~
~Nick~
~Epilogue~

~Nick~

39.6K 876 36
By restlessbookreader

A light tap on my shoulder walks me up.

"Mr. Knight?"

I groan and lift my head off of my desk. I must have fallen asleep. My head was pounding.

"Mr. Knight"

I open my eyes and look towards the direction of the voice. It was my cleaner Lucia.

"Lucia. What time is it?" I ask rubbing my eyes

"It's two pm sir"

My eyes widen.

"What's today?"

"Sunday?" She questions

"Shit!" I say a little to loudly.

I grip my head with my hands as the headache pours against my skull.

Today was Sunday, which meant that today was Gigi's birthday. It was already two pm, and the party starts at three. There is no way I could make it in time. It's still a five hour drive and I forgot to buy her a present.

"Shit!" I say again.

"Sir?" Lucia asks

"Listen Lucia I need you to grab me a Gatorade, water and two aspirin. Then you will be free to go, I need to go change and head to my sisters"

"But sir.."

"Don't worry about the mess in here I'll clean it when I get back."

She watches me as I leave my office and sprint down the hall and into my room.

I quickly change into a green t shirt and a pair of jeans before throwing on my sneakers and my jacket.

When I get into the kitchen, Lucia has the aspirin and a glass of water set out on the counter.

I down the pills and take a long drink of water. I was gonna need more if I was going to be driving. I head to the fridge and grab out an extra Gatorade, and a few bottles of water as Lucia comes into the room.

"I set your drink by the door next to your keys. Is there anything else you need Mr. Knight?"

"No thank you Lucia that'll be all."

She nods her head and leaves the room. A few moments later I hear the door shut.

After doing a quick scan of the apartment and finding my wallet I head to the front door, grabbing my Gatorade Lucia got out and my keys.

I shut the door and race down the stairs to my car. I throw my bag of things into the passenger seat and start the car before peeling out of my spot.

I search my pockets for my phone, before remembering that I smashed it against a wall last night in my drunken stupor. As I pull up to a spot light I pull my work phone out of the glovebox. My fingers scroll through the contacts until coming across Hazel's name.

Usually I would call her because she's my PA. But she's not anymore. I click on her contact and hit the delete button before scrolling through to find someone else.

The car behind me honks their horn and my head snaps up to see that the light is green. I start driving as I hit the contact for the front desk of my building.

"Knight Tech, how can I help you?"

"Yeah hey I need you to do me a favor."

"Mr. Knight?"

"Yes. I need you to run down the to makeup store that's by the office and I need to to grab a-"

Before I can finish she cuts me off.

"Sorry Mr. Knight but I can't leave my desk until I get these files filled out and faxed like you told me."

I groan and rub my hand over the steering wheel.

"Okay Fine Thanks" I snap before hanging up the phone.

There was only one person I could call that I knew wouldn't turn me down. And so I dialed her number.

"What do you want Nick?" Izzy spits into the phone after the third ring.

"Izzy are you going to Gigi's party?"

"Of course I am, I'm on my way now"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Oooh big shot Nicky is asking a favor from me?" She replies in a mocking voice.

I swear if I wasn't desperate right now...

"Izzy please"

I hear her laugh on the other line before she speaks again.

"What do you need?"

"I need you to stop by someplace and get a gift card for Gigi"

"A gift card? Really Nick?"

"I ran out of time. I don't have any other ideas"

Izzy is silent for a long time before she finally speaks again.

"I'll make you a deal Nicky. You can use my present as your own on one condition."

"Name it?"

"We slip away when you get here and go up to your old bedroom and replay our first time together."

"No"

"Then you're screwed. Best big brother ever!" She says in a sarcastic tone.

"Izzy please"

"You know my conditions. Either you take it and Gigi with love you still, or you don't and cut that last tie you have with her."

"You're a bitch you know that?"

"I've been told yes. But that's why you love me Nicky. Because I get what I want and if I don't I take it"

I roll my eyes. That used to be part of the reason I thought I loved her. But that was in the past.

Now she was a scheming, deceiving, conniving little snake.

Any other time I would've just let it go. But I needed to rebuild Gigi's trust in me.

"I'm waiting for an answer Nicky"

"Fine"

"Yay! Good choice!" Izzy squeals into the phone.

Guilt floods through me as I think about what I just agreed to. Not only was I betraying Hazel, but also myself, and Gigi.

If it weren't for our dad Gigi wouldn't even invite Izzy to her parties. But in dad's eyes, her family is good for business.

"I'm so excited Nicky! That night was one of the best. I can't wait until I'm under you again"

I wince as I think about sleeping with her again. I don't want to, but if I didn't I'd look like an ass to Gigi and my mom. I don't want that.

I just wanted to start fresh and make the right choices.

But I'm messing that up already. I still had three hours to drive and I was hoping that I could find somewhere to stop along the way.

I didn't want to let anyone I cared about down anymore.

As I drive my stress melts away as I daydream about the beautiful girl with the mouse brown hair and the hazel eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 4.2K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...
5.5K 311 30
My mind warned me, but I let myself drown in those glacier blue eyes. My heart told me it was wrong, but I fell weak against those scarlet red lips...
13K 969 45
Hazel Hart has battled through life's toughest challenges, from the tragic loss of both parents, to the harsh reality of sacrificing her dream of att...
30.3K 625 16
He shouldn't want her.. She's nothing but trouble with a capital T. But after one steamy drunken night he can't help himself. But that is where the f...