Daughter of Night and Fire

By JoWish97

It was an accident. An inconvenient accident. One that caused her to need to improvise. Because her aunt now... More

Crash Landing
Bond
Lunch
An Old Legend
Truth
Face the Music
Pizza and Potstickers
Talk
Flamebird and Nightwing
Thinking of Home
Wrong Time
Forget
I Wasn't Asking
Black
Cold
Going Home

Rescue

2.4K 80 11
By JoWish97

It didn't take long for Keela to find the event. She had pulled up her facemask from the collar of her shirt. It pulled up and secured itself, hiding the lower half of her face. She hadn't wanted to use it when she first started out, but her CEO mother had insisted she be better at hiding her identity than her other mother had. Glasses and a ponytail hadn't been enough comfort for Lena to know her daughter stayed safe. It had taken some getting used to, but Keela eventually got to a point where she felt bare without it. Her mother had made it so it could fold up and hide in the collar of most her clothes. It was thin, yet durable and even had a voice disrupter in it. It was quite useful, especially in times like this.

There were three strong heartbeats that had gaven away where it was all happening. Memorizing heartbeats was a trick her mother had taught her. Being able to pick them up from a distance had come in handy on more than one occasion. And she had her aunt and mothers' heartbeats to follow. She saw her aunt Alex guiding people to safety, Supergirl fighting off people with some sort of weird weapons, they seemed to be doing ok. The third heartbeat had skipped and Keela immediately started to search for her. She used her x-ray vision to scan the area where the heartbeat was coming from. She saw her mother standing there with her hands up, and her uncle Jimmy on the ground. She listened closer and sighed from relief that he sounded fine. But then she saw the men in front of her mother. They had loaded weapons aimed at her. The sound of triggers being pulled spurred her into action.

The hammers hit and the bullets sent through the chambers. Lena flinches, but she feels nothing. Instead, she heard the familiar sound of the bullets being stopped by something. Supergirl. Or so she thought until she opened her eyes and saw the back of a dark haired woman. The woman let out an amused laugh then moved incredibly fast and the men were unconscious and, not only disarmed, but the slides of all the guns had been taken off and the clips taken out. When she blinked, the woman was suddenly in front of her asking if she was hurt. Lena tried to answer, but when her eyes met the blue of the unknown hero, they both froze. Lena felt a sudden pull towards the woman in front of her. And even though she had been the one in danger, there was a need to protect the stranger in front of her. She shook her head in an attempt to push the feeling away and she answered, "I'm fine. Thank you. But- James," She knelt down next to him and listened to his breathing, "Oh, thank god."

Keela felt rather weird. She didn't know that the maternal connection would activate so strong in this time. She had felt it briefly with Kara, but it wasn't the same as it is in the future. Wasn't NEARLY as strong, it was like a paint brush gliding over her skin. But with Lena, it was at least quarter strength. Which was good that it wasn't the whole bond, but she never expected to feel it that strong in a time where she has yet to exist. Maybe it was because Lena was the one who carried and gave birth to her. It could be something to bring up to her mother in her own time. It was a topic that they still hadn't known much about. The bond wasn't necessarily a NEW thing to her kind, but the ones between her and her parents was stronger than any others had experienced. Keela had spent time on Argo with her grandmother learning about it. She had visited people from surviving guilds trying to learn more about it, but even with the Kryptonian information that survived, progress was null.

Though it wasn't just the surprising strength of maternal bonds that had the young hero feeling odd. It was seeing her mother and uncle in the way she was witnessing. She knew. She was aware that they had dated for an amount of time. But knowing and witnessing are two different things. She felt almost childish when she felt the need to gag. Maturity and manners were needed at the moment. Even if the scene before her made her grimace. She loved both of them, but not both of them together.

"He needs a medic," Lena snaps her out of the thoughts that she had been stuck on.

"Right," she knelt down next to her mother and uncle, "I'll take care of him, m-Miss Luthor."

She picked up James and flew him to a nearby ambulance, letting them know what had happened. There was a loud bang and screams, the hero was off again. She saw Supergirl being pushed back by the force of the blast. Acting on instinct, she caught Kara. Only succeeding in stopping her from hitting the pavement. Keela had miscalculated and when she caught her mother, she was thrown off balance. They both slammed into the concrete ground. But at least, her body had absorbed some of the blow her mother would've taken.

Kara got up quickly and turned to the one who caught her. She felt that same feeling from before when they looked at each other. It was the alien from this morning. Before she could say anything, the alien was off. Kara watched as she took one of the weapons from the attackers and knocked the women, who had been previously holding it, out. At least it was a good sign that she was fighting. The weapons these anti-alien protesters were using packed quite a punch. So, the help was appreciated.

The Lcorp CEO had been trying to help anyone she could. She knows she should be heading to safety as well, but there were too many people who looked lost in the chaos. She had helped guide people away from the main fight. But in doing so, she had lost track of where she was going. Moving towards where more people needed help, but also towards the main conflict. And heard someone yell for her, Alex. She turned towards her and noticed the agent glance up at something, then a panicked look took over her face as she tried to run towards her. Lena looked over to where the older Danvers had and saw a large beam falling towards her. It had previously been attached to one of the rides she had here for the families to enjoy. But she noticed too late.

A loud 'NO' had been heard, then Lena was gone. Something, or probably someone, had taken her. The crash of the beam was heard and Alex was just happy that Lena wasn't under it. But where had she gone. The silence finally came and she looked around and found her sister, tired, but victorious in stopping the protesters. She and the other agents helped Kara in bringing them in. But when they were done, Kara pulled her to the side.

"What's wrong," Alex asked as she noticed Kara had been thinking about something.

"The alien you took in earlier. She was here."

"What?! We have to get back and try tracking her immediately."

"She was here helping. I agree that she needs to be found, but I can't help feeling that there's something more to all of this."

"You mean besides there being a time traveling alien on the loose in a time she's supposedly trapped in?"

"There's a bigger picture here, Alex. We just can't see it."

Keela touched down at Lcorp and set Lena down, "You're safe, Miss Luthor."

Lena took a step back, "What the hell is going on? Who are you?"

She froze, she debating on what to do. She had already messed around with things she probably hadn't. I mean, maybe there was truth in that whole 'messing things up for the better' that she had overheard the Legends talk about. And this was one person. Maybe she could tell her mother a tiny bit. But maybe she shouldn't. She knew Alex and Kara would be on the lookout for her soon. She really didn't want to spend her time here locked up. And the DEO tech might interfere with her signal that she activated to reach her family. In short increments, she'd be fine. But the blockers would eventually take their toll if she stayed there too long. She needed to hide in plain sight. If anyone would understand the her actions in this emergency, it would be the woman who invented time travel in the first place. So, Keela took a deep breath and deactivated her mask and let it fold back up. Her eyes met her mother's, "My name is Keela. And I need your help."

"I'm sorry, my help? Why on Earth, or anywhere else for that matter, would I help you? Is that why you saved me, so I owed you a favor?"

"Oh Rao, no. Why would- you know what, you don't have to help me. I'm not going to force you to do anything. Not that I could. Just hear me out before you make a decision, please."

There was that weird feeling to protect again. And a pout, this girl had a serious pout going on. One... that had been kind of working. Lena rolled her eyes, "You have two minutes."

"Thank you."

Lena had lead them inside and she poured herself a glass, "So, you have a problem."

"Yes. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'm from the future. Something happened and now I'm stuck here. I have a watch that allows me to travel through the timeline, but it was destroyed or left behind somewhere. I don't have a way to get home."

"And you expect me to create a way for you to get back to your time? I'm sorry to say, but we are decades away from achieving such a thing."

"I mean, not really. But that's not the point I just need to stay hidden. The DEO and Supergirl are after me because when I went through the portal, I may have crash landed. Then I escaped the DEO to help them at the park earlier. I left with you, not only to stop you from being crushed, but also to just get away."

"You're making me trust you even less than before."

"I had to. If I go back to the DEO, their tech with block the signal my necklace is giving out. Too much time there disrupts the frequency, and I'll be stuck. Potentially mess with the timeline. Moreso than I already have."

"So, where do I come into all of this?"

Keela sighed, "I mean, at the very least, I just need a few changes of clothes."

"And remind me why I wouldn't just call Agent Danvers and have her send Supergirl for you?"

"Because the timeline?"

"I have a feeling one person can't mess it up that bad if they're stuck in one spot."

Keela groaned, she knew she shouldn't but she also knew that her other mother would come to check on Lena soon, her time was running out. She met her mother's gaze, "Because... I'm your daughter."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3.2K 39
Never before she felt like this, felt safe in someone's arms. She didn't understand what these feelings meant for her. What it meant for them. Lena...
14.4K 857 11
After years of people seeing Lena Luthor look like anybody but herself, she had finally met the person who saw her for well... her. She'd been comple...
348K 9.7K 33
What happens when one secret is outed? Will they forgive and forget? Will they rebuild their broken trust? Will they forget they ever knew each other...
29.6K 832 32
Warning contains spoilers from season 6a Kara, who has been stuck in the Phantom Zone for several months and is slowly losing hope, is finally rescue...