Rage & Redemption (A Khalil...

By Cyberlifexdeviant

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean..-Maya Angelo... More

1) The Grey
2) Powerful: Rage's Origin
4) Freeze & Savage
5) A Crack In The Mask
6) Adyea & The Detective
7) Look Who's Walkin Now
8) After Shock
9) Black Current Events
10) Night Terrorz
11) Control & Anchored
12) Why Be The Pawn When You Can Be The Queen
13) A Not So Happy Family Reunion
14) Someone I Can Trust
15) A Sinner Like Me
16) His Ride Or Die
17) Asylum: Play With Fire 😈
18) Till Death Do Us Part

3) This Bullet Got Yo Name On It Baby

2.7K 83 26
By Cyberlifexdeviant

Khalil and I were sitting on the roof, and I have no clue how we started talking about sex but...

"So, you think about me? At night?" I ask Khalil as I stare at our entwined hands. "Yeah, I think about you a lot."

"What about, actually?" Khalil laughs and turns on his side. He strokes my cheek and my body feels warm.

Boy don't do that.

"Well, this of this scenario. So were alone. In your room, we're both naked."

"Ew you mean your feet are out?" I tease. "Girl, you got claws for toes." I playfully punch him and he takes my hand. "I'd be gentle, I'd go as deep as you'd want me to, I'd want you to Scratch at my back and I'd want you to moan my name until you climax..." He whispers in my ear.

I bite my lip and pull him close. "I want you, Khalil."

"I want you too." He kisses me and I feel his tongue slip past my lips. He gets on top of me and wrap my legs around him. "Khalil..."

"Yes, Deya?" I moan as I feel him grind against me. A knock comes to my door and we scramble apart. "Yeah?" I call out. "Dinner time!" Jennifer calls out.

"I'll be right down!" I call out. I look back at Khalil and I make fix my shirt while he fixes his pants.

"Khalil?"

"Yeah?" He answers. "So, we can't deny this between us. And well...do you want to get together sometime like maybe Saturday?"

"Sure and do what?" I smirk at him and lean over, biting his bottom lip. "I think you'll be creative on where else my lips can be." His eyes widen and he clears his throat.

"Wh...where do you want to go?" He asks. "Maybe a hotel. Obviously it can't be here or your place. But let's pick a good hotel. I want it to be special."

"Okay, I'll set it up. I'll make the reservations and we can check into hotel at 2:00."

"Perfect. I'll just talk to Mr. Pierce-"

"You sure that's a good idea? I mean I know he isn't your dad but-" I stop him. "I'll have an adult conversation with him, I'm sure he will understand. But you'll have condoms right?" Khalil chuckles. "Yeah, of course."

"Good, cause this is my first time and I don't want to go into this blind or wind up pregnant."

"Um, Adeya?"

"You good? You look like you're about to pop a blood vessel." He nods. "It's just..."

"Just what? If you're not ready, I can wait."

"What? Nah, it's not that. I, uh...I lied...."

Oh dear god he probably has like three baby mamas and another baby on the way.

"About?" I ask as I swallow hard. "I'm a...I've never had sex before. I was afraid to tell you because I thought you'd think that I was some loser or something. But like I want this to be special, and not be disappointing."

I crawl into his lap and kiss his lips. "Thank you for telling me. Besides, as fine as you are and you haven't been touched either? That just made you even more attractive in my book. Now let's get off this roof before we do something we might regret."

"You sure?" Khalil looks at me and he looks down at my lips. He runs his thumb across my bottom lip and I move back before I do something unholy on this roof. "Let's go, Khalil."

I make it to the kitchen to find Mr. Pierce and Miss Steward in the kitchen finishing up. I look around and see Jennifer but not Anissa. "Where's Anissa?" I ask. "She's not coming and if I would've known family dinner was optional-"

"It's not optional for you, young lady. Cause you're our little girl. And same goes for you Adeya." Mr. Pierce says as he eats a cherry tomato. Miss Steward gives him a shake of her head and asks us to help set the table.

"Before I do, I just want to put this out there, because my parents aren't here, I still feel honored to share this announcement."

"And what would that be, Adeya?" Mr. Piece asks. I take a deep breathe and let it out. "I have decided that I am ready to have sex. And before any of you protest, I have done my research. I know to take birth control, get tested and to limit myself to one sexual partner. Now that that's out in the air, lets have dinner I'm starving."

Jennifer and I leave to set up the table and she snickers. "You know you almost gave me parents a joined heart attack right?"

"You're parents are cool. My mom would've locked me up and threw away the key. Or worse, sent me to an all girls school."

***

"Adeya, we are happy that you came to us, because you feel comfortable."

"So happy." Mr. Pierce mutters as he downs his third glass of wine. "And we're also glad that you're going to be safe about this situation."

"You're so young, Adeya."

"Mom, dad. How old were you guys when you first had sex?" Jennifer asks with a small smirk on her lips. We look at both of her parents and they squirm a bit.

"Your mother and I loved each other very much."

"So, in other words you're saying the first time you both had sex was with each other?" I ask. "No."

"We think it's very important that you have sex with the right person."

"Oh I will. And Saturday is the big day. I'll be out in the afternoon, but I'll be sure to be back by curfew." I politely smile at the two and eat my food while they drink more wine.

"Deya, I don't think I've ever seen my parents finish a whole bottle of wine after a family dinner." Jennifer comments as she sits on my bed. We both crack up laughing at this point and I curl up with my pillow.

"I mean you really didn't have to spring it on them at family dinner."

"I know, but then I'd have to hear the same questions. How was school?"

"Are you girls making plans this weekend?"

"Honey, don't forget to ask Adeya if she's still in mourning. Okay that last one was just me being petty but still, I just wanted that out there."

"Speaking of out there, are you going to the reverend's 100 March, this weekend?"

"Yeah, Khalil and I were talking about going."

"You and Khalil are good together." Jennifer says as she leans her head on my leg. "Yeah, we just fit so well together."

"Hey promise me that when you and him get married that my bridesmaids dress isn't ugly."

"Jennifer shut up!" We laugh and I launch a pillow at her. We end the night sleeping in my room. I get out of bed and sneak into my sneakers and then I manage to sneak out my window.

When I finally hit pavement I slink off into the night with my dark hoodie on.

I know where the low lives slink around. It's time for me to put on my mask and lay low, to find some answers and to ask the right questions that isn't going to get me killed.

I go to the seahorse hotel and see more Jon and hoes that I should, but I do manage to see Rey.

"Are you Rey Goldie?" Two of his goons move in front of him and point guns at me. "Hold on fellas. Is that you, babydip? Lookin fine as I remember, mhm. What can I do for you?" The goons lower their guns and I take my hood off.

"I just want to know, did you send Don to shoot a little Korean lady over on the boulevard about a month and a half ago." He strokes his goatee.

"Nah, he doesn't act without my word. But I did tell him to find you. Now look at that, you came to me." He nods towards his goons and they grab me.

"Let me go!"

"Should've thought about that before coming here. Now put her in the suite spot room. I'm about to turn her out till she break." A spike of anger hits me and my hands start to ball up.

My eyes roll back and I feel my feet leave the ground. "What the fuck!" One of the goons yell. I let my hands go and look down at the three of them. I see them about to shoot me the wind gets stronger and I feel the air leaving their lungs.

"You think I'm afraid of you? I'll show you real fear." They gasp for air and I look at the sky. It begins to pour and a bright white lightning bolt cracks across the sky.

I hear a police siren and I glare at the three thugs. "You got lucky." I land on my feet and take off running leaving the three of them an ounce away from dying.

When I get back to the house, I slip into bed and Jennifer snores. I lay there and look at my hands. I don't fully understand my powers. But I know one thing. I can hurt people and that...makes me powerful.

Jefferson

It was the next day and I was still in shock. All because Adeya said that she was going to have sex on Saturday. Let alone saying she's ready to have sex. I was in such shock that I choked at family dinner along with Lynn.

Kids these days.

As I walk down the hall I hear footsteps and I see Khalil smiling like a Cheshire cat at his phone. No doubt he's texting Adeya.

She may not be my daughter but she is my responsibility.

"Khalil." I call out to him. "Hey, Mr. Pierce. Oh I shaved a tenth off my split today. I think it was that new weight routine you suggested." He tried to walk past but I stop him.

"Oh, great to hear it. You know that, my concern for you extends beyond the track, right?"

"Yes, sir, of course." I nod and smile. "Good, good. How do you shower?" I ask and he gets uncomfortable.

"Uh, um...Mr. P, I-"

"You know, you got your bar of soap..." I urge him to go on. "Well...well, I wash, use shampoo, rinse."

"Okay. Then when you get out of the shower..."

"Okay, well, I don't have a mat so I step on to my towel to dry my feet...." I sigh deeply. "So, feet, legs, etcetera."

"Yeah. Yeah, that...that sounds about right."

"So the young man who wants to have sex with Adeya, who I see as a daughter, who spends much of his time in locker rooms, dries his fungus-covered feet before he dries his important parts?"

"Sir, I-" I cut him off. "No, no. I am asking you. Do you want to give Adeya athlete's foot in places where athlete's feet should not be?"

"I don't think so." He stutters. "I don't think so? Son the answer is no. And if you don't know that, then maybe you and Adeya need to slow down." He looked scared as I turned away from him but I believe he gets the message and I smile at that slight fear.

I hear singing in down the hall and I stop. In the music room, was Adeya. Her voice had an old school vibe that would make any music producer leapt to have her.

She has such a bright future ahead of her and if she'd let me. I'd like to help to guide her in the right direction. So I knock. She stops and turns around. "Oh, hey Mr. Pierce, what's up?"

"You know, you've known me since your were seven. You can just call me Jeff." She shrugs. "It feels weird calling grown ups by their first name. But I guess I'll get use to it."

"Yeah, you will. So I heard you singing. You haven't done that in a while."

"Well, I figured it was time to tune up the vocal box."

"That's good, and how are you feeling?" I see her ball her fists but she gives me a smile. "I'm just taking each day as a lesson. But can I be honest?"

"Of course."

"Lately I've been feeling, more angry. And it's just little things that set me off. Like someone bad cut me off last week, and Bernard had accidentally stepped on my shoe. Is that normal to be annoyed like that?" I give a smile and nod. "For a young adolescent such as yourself? Yes, it is normal. You're growing up, into the wonderful woman your parents wanted you to be." I notice her muttering something but I couldn't catch it.

"Thank you for the checking up on me, Jeff. Oh are you going to the march tonight?" She asks me. "Uh, maybe. I have some paper work to finish up, but if I get out in time, then I'll come." She smiles at me genuinely.

"Cool, the whole family will be together. Plus me."

"Adeya, you are family. No matter what your last name is." She looks down and nods. "See you later, I need to study and then get ready for the march." She leaves the room and I can't help but feel as if Adeya is losing sight of herself somehow.

Adeya

"Where's Mr. Pierce? I ask, Miss Steward. "Oh honey, he said he couldn't make it." Jennifer looks a bit sad but Anissa makes sure to keep her in good spirits.

As the march goes forward, Khalil was telling me about what happened with him and Mr. Pierce in the hallway after school.

"He did that?" I ask with disbelief. "Yeah, it was weird and now my shower pattern is different." We laugh at that and get glares from some of the church ladies near by, so we drop back a bit and keeps walking.

"So, are you ready for Saturday?" He asks. "Yeah I ca-" Someone stops in front of me and I almost knock into them. "What the?" I look past their shoulder and see a man with a gun approaching the protesters.

Black Lightning comes just in time to shield us from the bullets the guy had sprayed at us. Khalil has sheiled me with his body, and all I could do was watch in awe at Black Lightning.

The guy runs out of bullets and he was about to rush him, but Black Lightning knocks him out and he even takes out the sneak attacker.

Khalil was looking at him in awe and I can't help but want to have him mentor me. My powers are dangerous, there's no doubt in that. But with his help I can be a better person.

I step up to him and in a way he looks familiar. "Um, Mr. Lightning sir?" He was about to speak but I hear something whiz past me.

People scatter and I look back to see Reverend Holt on the ground and so was Khalil. "Khalil?" I run to him and he was holding onto my hand. "Someone call 911!" I scream. As I do, the sky rumbles and crackles.

I look over and see Black Lightning was running off into the dark and I felt helpless. And I just know deep down that that bullet was meant for me...

As Khalil was being rushed to O.R. I was being held back by Miss Steward. "You can't go in there, Adeya." Khalil's hand was pulled away from mine and I was trying my hardest not to flood the halls. "Hang in there, Khalil!"

As we sit in the waiting room, I look at my sneakers and see Khalil's blood splattered on them.

"I've had more blood on me this year than I've had loved ones in my life." I mutter. Jennifer pulls me into a hug and so does Anissa. "He's gonna pull through. Khalil is strong."

"Yeah besides, you two have a wedding to plan and babies to make. I want to be a godmother." Jennifer says to keep the mood light. I give a sad laugh. "Yeah, I mean, Rev. Holt is doing fine. So why wouldn't Khalil? I...I just don't want anyone else to die because of me."

"Ade-" I shake them off and just take a walk. I hear Anissa tell Jennifer to leave me be.

I walk around the hospital for a good hour and finally I bump into one of the doctors who were working Khalil. "Hey, Doc. How is Khalil?"

As the doctor tells me what's up, all the blood just rushes my ears.

I nod and walks away until Anissa, Jennifer and Mr. Pierce finds me. "What's wrong?" Miss Steward asks as she comes over with a coffee for Mr. Pierce.

"Th...the bullet hit his spine. Khalil might not walk again." I feel myself about to fall but Mr. Pierce and Miss Steward both hold me up. All four of them embrace me.

I need to be stronger, I need Black Lightning to help me so this never happens again...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

865K 40.3K 172
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
796K 31.4K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
446K 13.5K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
111K 3.3K 26
a paige bueckers story.