My Hazzy - [Narry AU]

By nannea

"Are you looking for a job?" She asks and he nods. "What kind of job?" She asks again. "Something full time,"... More

My Hazzy
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a chapter but an important explanation
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Characters' ask
Chapter 37
Characters' ask - Answers
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Valentine's Day extra
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
One last note
Update / 2018

Chapter 3

27.5K 766 510
By nannea

"Daddy! Daddydaddydaddy!"

Niall wakes up when Aisling is bouncing up and down on his bed. He rubs his eyes, taking a minute to realise it's already morning and Aisling has woken up before him. He sits up, resting his back against the back frame of his bed.

"Come here my little monkey," Niall laughs and grabs Aisling, holding her tightly against his chest. She giggles loudly before starting to squirm away from her father's hold.

"You can't get away," Niall singsongs and starts holding Aisling like a baby. He pretends to lull her and Aisling giggles again before poking his cheek.

"Daddy is so silly," she huffs but giggles again when Niall starts singing a lullaby to her.

"Goodnight my little baby," he sings, intentionally with a broken tone.

Aisling does a ridiculous fake laugh, sounding like she is guffawing and Niall bursts out a laugh. They both keep laughing for a while before Niall gets up, gently throwing Aisling over his shoulder.

"Breakfast time," he says and pats Aisling's back when she giggles.

Aisling seems to be happy this morning and Niall silently hopes her good mood will last throughout the day. He thinks it will be easier for Harry and maybe, Aisling will start accepting Harry.

He quickly takes a look at the time when he reaches the kitchen. It's only 8.15, his alarm clock would have went off fifteen minutes from now if Aisling hadn't woken him up.

"Aisling," Niall gently says while Aisling is eating her breakfast.

"I think you should learn to say Harry's name right."

"Hazzy," Aisling immediately says.

"No darling, it's Harry."

"No daddy, Hazzy."

"Darling, Harry."

"Arry," Aisling first says much to Niall's surprise and he is even more surprised when Aisling pronounces Harry's name correctly without any trouble.

"Harry is Hazzy," she states and goes back to eating her porridge.

Niall sighs, thinking he will have to discuss the subject with Harry more and ask him if Aisling can just call him Hazzy, seeing as she has somehow created the nickname and refuses to call Harry anything other than by the nickname.

"Harry is coming here soon," Niall informs Aisling who is still finishing her breakfast.

Niall is eating the left-over porridge, thinking he won't make coffee just yet in case Harry wants to drink some too so he will wait until Harry gets here.

"Should we get you changed before Harry comes?" Niall asks and grabs Aisling's empty bowl, putting it into the dishwasher.

"Hazzy," Aisling corrects with a serious tone.

"Yes, Hazzy," Niall agrees.

"Yes. Make Aisling pretty," Aisling commands and Niall chuckles when she grins happily.

Niall knows what Aisling means with making her pretty. She has been going on about that for a while, it started when she was spending a weekend at her grandma's house and she braided Aisling's hair. Niall can't do things like that, he simply sucks at styling hair so the only thing he really does is he brushes Aisling's locks.

A bit over nine, the doorbell rings and Niall smiles, knowing Harry has arrived.

"Shall we open the door for Harry?" Niall asks from Aisling who just nods, wrapping her small fingers around Niall's pinkie and walking by his side.

"Morning Harry," Niall greets after opening the door.

He almost lets out a laugh when he sees Harry properly. His hair is a complete mess, reminding Niall of a bird's nest. Harry is wearing sweatpants and white converse but when Niall spots Harry's jumper, he bursts out a huge laugh.

"What?" Harry asks, his voice still a bit raspy from sleep.

"Your jumper is inside out," Niall says between his laughs. Aisling starts giggling too, pointing her finger at Harry's jumper which is in fact, inside out. You can see the sewing and the whole jumper looks just a bit wrong.

"Oh," Harry lets out, looking down at his jumper and blushing heavily.

He overslept this morning and was in a huge hurry. He didn't have any time to eat breakfast because he needed to shower and he knows he forgot to brush his hair. Since his hair is curly and quit long, it needs to be brushed after shower or otherwise it looks, well, like a bird's nest.

He didn't even have time to search for proper clothes so he threw on some old sweatpants and a jumper. Obviously he should have paid more attention to dressing up, seeing as his jumper is inside out and he now feels incredibly embarrassed.

"Oh come inside," Niall bursts out when he realises Harry is still standing on the doorstep because he hasn't moved aside to let the poor boy in.

"Yes, welcome in Hazzy," Aisling says, trying to sound like an adult but failing by saying 'Hazzy'.

"Thank you very much Aisling," Harry thanks the little girl before stepping inside and closing the door behind him.

"Did you eat breakfast yet?" Niall asks while Harry takes his shoes off.

"No but that's alright," Harry quickly tells him and puts his coat away.

"Let's go make you something," Niall says, completely ignoring Harry's words.

He and Aisling walk into the kitchen, Harry following their footsteps. He wants to protest, he really does but he thinks it's not wise. It's only his second day and he can't just blurt out whatever he wants to. Harry suddenly realises his jumper is still inside out so he quickly stops on his footsteps, pulls his jumper off and turns it around before putting it back on.

Niall commands Harry to sit down and this time, Harry protests but Niall isn't having it. Aisling sits opposite of Harry, curiously looking at Harry.

"Daddy?" Aisling suddenly ask. Niall is making Harry a sandwich, hoping it's fine by the nanny.

"Yes my darling."

"Hazzy has pictures," she thoughtfully says and points at Harry's wrist.

Harry realises she is talking about his tattoos and he immediately stiffens, wondering if he should have mentioned something about his tattoos earlier, like yesterday. You can only see a few of them, a cross on his hand and an anchor on his wrist but the rest of his tattoos are hidden under his jumper's sleeves.

"Pretty pictures," Aisling then says and leans in a bit to see Harry's tattoos better.

Harry doesn't think much when he pulls his sleeve up up a bit and offers his hand to Aisling so she can look at the tattoos closely. While Aisling admires Harry's tattoos, he takes a quick look at Niall to see his reaction.

To his surprise Niall is smiling and he doesn't look bothered at all. Harry thinks Niall must not really care if he has tattoos, but he still decides to ask just in case.

"It's not a problem?" He hopefully asks.

"Of course not," Niall quickly tells Harry who sighs in relief.

"Lucky flower," Aisling suddenly says and puts her finger on Harry's shamrock tattoo.

"It's a shamrock," Harry tells her.

"Shamrock," she says without any trouble and grins happily.

"It's for good luck," Harry explains to the little girl.

"Smart Hazzy," she states and both Harry and Niall chuckle a little.

"Here's your sandwich Harry. Would you like some coffee?" Niall hands over Harry's sandwich.

"I eh, sure if you'll have coffee too," Harry answers.

While drinking coffee, Harry starts thinking how Aisling seems to be in a much better mood today. She doesn't seem shy anymore and Harry smiles to himself, thinking maybe Aisling is starting to warm up to the idea of Harry spending more time at their house. Harry knows it's only his second day and he doesn't want to get his hopes up but still, he can't help himself.

"What do you want to do today darling?" Niall asks while putting the dishes away.

"Aisling paint today," she thoughtfully answers.

"We can do that. What else?"

"Play hide and see!"

"It's hide and seek my love."

"Hide and see."

"Alright, alright. We can do that too."

Harry listen to their conversation in amusement, thinking the way Niall calls Aisling his love or darling is extremely cute. He understands they must be close, seeing that Niall is a single father and Harry doesn't have a clue if Aisling's mother is even around or not. He thinks she probably isn't so it's no wonder Niall is so close to his daughter.

"Daddy and Hazzy hide so Aisling see," Aisling informs.

"Alright but hold on my darling, daddy has to clean the kitchen first," Niall quickly tells her.

Aisling runs to the living room and Harry chuckles while putting the milk away.

"Don't hide into an easy place, she hates it," Niall whispers to Harry.

"Does she think I'm letting her win too easily?" Harry asks and Niall nods, grinning a bit.

"She's smarter than you would think," he quietly laughs.

"Aisling you can start counting now and no cheating!" Niall yells once they are done cleaning the kitchen.

Harry realises he doesn't even know their house, he has never been upstairs before so he decides he should hide somewhere downstairs because he doesn't want to snoop around and end up somewhere he might not be allowed to go, like Niall's bedroom.

Aisling starts counting and Harry has a hard time holding down his laugh when he hears her way to count. It goes normally until ten but then, she starts making up her own words and it goes on like ten, elk, two, horse, doll, barbie.

Harry realises he is still standing in the kitchen and suddenly he is in a hurry to hide. He remembers the large closets in the hallway, thinking he can probably fit inside. He is right, he fits there just fine so he hides behind some coats, making sure the coats are covering his body before shutting the door as quietly as possible.

"Aisling is done now!" Harry hears a shriek and he covers his mouth so he won't laugh.

He doesn't hear anything for a while so he thinks Aisling must have gone straight to upstairs. It starts getting quite hot in the closet and Harry hopes he doesn't have to stay for very long.

"Silly daddy," he hears Aisling talking and he tries thinking where she could be.

"I know love," he hears Niall's voice and realises Aisling has found Niall already.

"Where Hazzy?"

"I don't know Aisling, you have to find him. Can't afford to lose our friend like that now can we?"

"Hazzy!" Aisling shrieks and Harry has to hold down a laugh.

He thinks they are somewhere in the kitchen, their voices are coming from close enough so Harry can hear them loud and clear. He hears footsteps, going around the downstairs area and suddenly, the footsteps come closer and someone opens the closet doors.

Harry stays quiet, mentally thanking himself for standing in the corner and being covered by the coats. He can't possibly be seen unless you would move the coats away.

"He's not here either," Niall says as he closes the doors again. Harry has to bite his hand to keep himself for laughing. He never thought a silly game could be so much fun.

"Where Hazzy?" Harry hears Aisling asking.

"I really don't know, I think we have looked for everywhere."

"Hazzy, you naughty boy!" This does it. Harry lets out a huge laugh, he simply can't hold it down anymore, not after hearing Aisling's shriek.

Suddenly someone opens the doors and moves the coats away. Harry faces Niall who looks at Harry in disbelief before joining Harry and letting out a laugh. Harry steps out of the closet and sees Aisling standing in the hallway.

"Hazzy is naughty!" Aisling tells him in a serious tone.

"I honestly don't understand how we didn't find you," Niall chuckles.

"You told me not to hide into an easy place," Harry reminds Niall and laughs a little.

"Play again!" Aisling says, sounding excited and Niall lets out a sigh.

"Great, thanks a lot Harry. Now we have to play for the whole day."

Harry knows Niall isn't too serious so he just smiles shortly. Aisling runs to the living room and starts counting again. Since Harry is still too shy to just go upstairs, he looks for a place downstairs and spots the utility room. He quietly tiptoes there while Niall is going up the stairs.

There aren't many places where you could hide so Harry quickly decides to stand behind the door. Maybe it's a stupid place to hide but he doesn't have much more time and besides, he wants Aisling to find him this time.

She finds Niall first just like the first time and then, she manages to find Harry. Aisling giggles loudly and tells Harry she wins, which is true.

After another round, Niall asks if they should go to the park again and Aisling immediately gets excited. She jumps up and down before running to the hallway.

"She has so much energy," Niall sighs to Harry who quickly nods, completely agreeing with Niall.

"Alright love, red or black wellies?" Niall asks while he gets Aisling's outerwear from the closet.

"Red."

"What beanie would you like to wear?"

"Red."

"Good choice darling," Niall says and pulls out a red beanie along with the same mittens and a scarf Aisling was wearing yesterday.

While Niall helps Aisling to get dressed, Harry puts on his shoes and his coat, wrapping his scarf tightly around his neck. It's one of those round wool scarves and when Niall spots it, he lets out a laugh and looks at Harry in disbelief.

"What?" Harry asks.

"Why are you wearing girls scarf?"

"It's from Topman!" Harry quickly protests and Niall grins.

"Whatever you say," he playfully tells Harry.

"Yes whatever Hazzy. Now park!" Aisling says and Harry holds down a laugh, looking at Niall and noticing Niall has a hard time containing his laugh too.

While Aisling is running around the park and going down a slide, Harry and Niall have some time to talk. Their conversation remains simple, they mainly talk about music and movies. 

Niall already thinks Harry seems great and he is genuinely enjoying Harry's company. He wonders could it be too good to be true, but he quickly decides he is being an idiot. Harry is great and he is also great around children.

When Aisling wants to swing, Harry is pushing her while Niall is standing on the other side, making sure he is waving at his daughter.

"Hazzy?" Aisling asks while she is swinging and Harry is pushing the swing.

"Yes?"

"You swing too?" She asks another question and Harry chuckles.

"I could," he answers.

"Daddy push Aisling, Hazzy swing too!" Aisling shrieks loudly and Niall quickly obeys, walking over to the other side of the swing.

Harry sits on the swing next to Aisling's one, this swing is a regular car tire one so he can actually fit into it probably. He starts swinging, making sure he is going the same speed Aisling is. He keeps waving at Aisling who giggles loudly.

The rest of the day goes by quickly and around two o'clock Aisling goes to take a quick nap. Niall has explained to Harry how he lets Aisling take naps, not longer than an hour because then she won't sleep at night.

She doesn't necessarily need her nap so she doesn't take them daily, mainly when she has too much energy and she gets tired around noon. Harry thinks it's perfectly normal, taking a daily nap that is. 

"So Harry you can go home now that she's sleeping," Niall tells Harry who nods.

"Actually, would you mind staying for a bit. I need to discuss something with you," he changes his mind and Harry nods again, following Niall to the living room.

They sit down on the couch, Harry thinking that Niall must be giving him some criticism now. He wonders if he has done something wrong.

"I wanted to talk about Aisling's mother."

"Oh," Harry accidentally lets out because he wasn't expecting that.

"She isn't in the picture, actually Aisling doesn't even know what her mother looks like. She normally doesn't ask any questions about her mum but lately she has been asking things from my mother, so I just wanted to explain the situation to you in case she asks you something. If she does, just tell her to talk to me," Niall explains.

"Alright," Harry quickly answers.

"So I think today went great," Niall comments.

"Yeah?" Harry more asks than tells.

"Absolutely, you seem great with Aisling."

"T-thank you," Harry stutters, taken aback by Niall's compliment.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the same time?"

"Yeah," Harry smiles before getting up, realising he should be going now.

"How did it go?" Harry's best friend and roommate Liam shouts as soon as Harry gets home.

"Pretty good," Harry tells his roommate while taking off his shoes and coat.

"The father is kind of hot," Harry mumbles awkwardly and blushes when he hears Liam chuckling.

"How old is he?" Liam asks.

"Your age."

"That young?" Liam asks in disbelief.

"Yeah I know, and Aisling is four."

"Wow, could you imagine me having a four year old?" Liam jokes and Harry immediately shakes his head.

"No," he answers.

"Why not? I would be a great dad," Liam protests.

"With your drinking skills and habit of having a fuck buddy? I don't think so," Harry huffs.

"Zayn is history," Liam mumbles but Harry knows that isn't true. He only knows because when he woke up early in the morning and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, he saw Zayn sneaking out of their house.

"Since this morning?" Harry playfully questions and takes Liam off guard.

"You saw him, right," Liam huffs and Harry lets out a laugh.

"We should go out to celebrate!" Liam suddenly sounds excited.

"Absolutely not," Harry turns the idea down.

"Why not?"

"I have work in the morning and you have school."

"Blah blah not listening," Liam says and covers his ears with his palms. Harry looks at him in disbelief, thinking Liam is being absolutely ridiculous.

"Fine, one beer at the corner pub," Harry gives in when Liam has continued his ridiculous act.

"YES! That's my best mate," Liam announces and quickly hugs Harry before getting up.

"You're such a child," Harry huffs but smiles a little.

"You love children though, don't you?"

"Well yes but that doesn't mean I want to raise you," Harry playfully says and Liam snorts.

"I'm not that bad," he protests.

"Oh right mate, you're even worse."

"Shut up Harry."

"Fine."

Meanwhile ten miles south, Niall is cooking dinner for his daughter. They watched Spongebob together when Aisling woke up from her nap and now, they are both hungry so Niall tries his cooking as quickly as possible.

"Alright darling remember the vegetables," he tells Aisling as he places a plate in front of her.

They begin to eat in silence and Niall gets lost in his thoughts, mainly thinking about the new nanny, Harry. Niall thinks Harry seems genuinely nice and trustworthy, and Aisling seems to like him too.

Well, Aisling is a bit more complicated. She isn't used to being around people that much, mainly because for the first two and half years since she was born, Niall was home with her. Then Niall started working and his mum watched Aisling during the days.

Now things have changed. Niall got a job at his brother's company so they had to move to Dublin. Niall doesn't mind it, he thinks the change might do them some good. Their neighborhood seems nice and everything is close by, Aisling's future primary school is almost around the corner.

At first Niall thought of putting Aisling into kindergarten but he soon realised having a nanny would become cheaper and it was also better option for Aisling. Niall's mum also thought getting a nanny for Aisling was a better option.

He thinks it's good that Harry is around his age. Although first Niall wanted a girl, seeing as he is a single father and the only woman in Aisling's life is her grandma, Niall's mother Maura. At the end of the day, Niall is happy that he found Harry and he is certain Harry is a great nanny.

"Thank daddy," Aisling's voice suddenly interrupts his thoughts and he realises she has finished eating her dinner.

"Was the food tasty?" Niall asks and Aisling quickly nods.

"Yes please, very good," she informs before getting up.

"Where are you going now?" Niall asks, chuckling a bit as he has to grab her hand to stop her from leaving the room.

Aisling doesn't say anything, instead she just huffs and looks at her father. Niall smiles, easily picking her up and placing her on his lap.

"Sit there tightly while daddy finishes his dinner alright?"

"Okay daddy."

Aisling rests her back against Niall's chest and he wraps an arm around her, holding her while he tries to finish his dinner. He finds it a bit hard, eating while his daughter is sitting on his lap but somehow he manages to finish his plate.

"Alright let's clean the kitchen," Niall says, holding Aisling as he gets up. He holds her while he puts the dishes away, somehow easily succeeding even though he can only use one arm.

Niall is often holding Aisling, she has always been clingy and likes to be hold. She is always clinging onto Niall, whether it's his leg, arm or sometimes she simply takes a hold of his clothes. He has never minded it, in fact he doesn't think anything bad about it at all. 

It's understandable, Aisling being clingy and constantly craving to be close to Niall. He has raised Aisling alone and they are close, possibly closer than a normal father and daughter would be. Since Niall used to stay at home with Aisling, he has always been there and that is most likely why she became so clingy in the first place.

"All done," Aisling informs once Niall has put all the dishes away.

"That's right darling. Do you think it's your bath time already?"

"Yes please," she immediately answers.

Niall carries her upstairs, letting the tube fill up while he helps Aisling to take off her clothes. He chuckles at how excited she is, she has always loved bathing and almost every night, she is excited to get a bath. 

"Daddy?" Aisling asks while she is playing with a rubber duck. Niall is sitting on the floor next to the bath, watching her playing with bath toys and bubbles.

"Yes love?"

She doesn't say anything, instead she raises her hand and pinches Niall's nose. He starts laughing, especially when Aisling does it again and does a fake laugh. She does it often, a ridiculous fake laugh that sounds like she is guffawing.

"Are you tired darling?" Niall asks when Aisling tries to spear bubbles on his face.

"No!" She giggles and Niall shakes his head with a smile on his face. It's obvious she is tired, simply because she is giggling and acts quite restless.

Once she is done with bathing, Niall changes her into pyjamas and puts her to bed. He reads to her for a while and halfway through the story, Aisling makes him to lay down too.

"Good boy," she comments once Niall is laying on the bed. 

It's a bit ridiculous, both of them laying on Aisling's small bed but Niall doesn't mind too much. He smiles when Aisling clings onto his arm, pressing her face against his bicep.

"Darling," Niall says when he sees Aisling is about to fall asleep.

"Darling you have to let go, otherwise I can't leave the bed," he softly tells her, running his fingers through her golden locks.

"No," she mumbles.

"I can't sleep here," Niall says and places a kiss on her forehead.

"Okay," Aisling continues mumbling and lets go of Niall. He gets up, sitting on the floor and stroking her hair.

"Goodnight darling," he gently says, placing another kiss on her forehead.

"Love you daddy," Aisling mumbles.

"I love you too baby," Niall softly answers, caressing her cheek before getting up and quietly tiptoeing out of her room, making sure to leave the door open.

_________

Hi! Did you like the chapter? Also, do you think Harry is a great nanny? 

Another thing. I really want to dedicate my chapters to you guys (well girls mostly, I'm guessing) but I have a problem of deciding who to dedicate chapters so I was thinking, if you want a dedication just let me know!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 2.8K 26
When Niall wakes up from being in a coma for 1 year and doesn't remember a thing. He is met by no one around him. Nurses say his parents left him 7 m...
1.2M 21.6K 49
Lia's dad is a specialist in stage equipment and technical stuff. Her father got a job as a member in the 1D crew and he gets to tour with the band a...
2.8M 72.9K 46
"Are you going to be my new mommy?" CEO and single father of 3, Harry Styles is looking for a live-in nanny. If interested, click here. BOOK #1: CE...
159 0 1
"We've been asked to do a gig," Niall said slowly. "Harry and Liam are completely up for it, I am too." "Alright. What's the catch?" Louis asked with...