Dead Shot (A Cal Murphy Thril...

Von Jack_Patterson

****NOTE: This novel is completed ... Enjoy!***** Working as a journalist at a small weekly paper in rural Id... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
DEAD LINE :: Chapter 1
Acknowledgments
About the Author
Copyright Information

Chapter 23

8.8K 426 15
Von Jack_Patterson

Chapter 23

Gold didn't like loose ends, but by midnight he had one.

His goon's attempt at silencing Cal took an unfortunate turn when Cal not only survived the bump off the road, but he vanished as well. This was not the kind of news Gold ever enjoyed hearing, particularly after he had gone to bed thinking his kingdom was safe again.

"Have you found him yet?" Gold barked into his phone.

"No, sir. Don't worry though. We'll take care of it."

"You said that last time."

"Don't worry. We'll keep him out of the way."

"Good. I don't want to lose any more sleep over this, you hear?"

"Yes, sir."

Gold loved ordering the Sheriff around like that. It was one of the perks of controlling a town and its dark secrets. Hunter Jones owed Gold everything, so when Gold said, "Jump," Jones always asked, "Where to?" It was that easy for Gold.

***

Jones loathed the way Gold treated him. After all, wasn't he the sheriff? Instead, it seemed like Gold thought he was the one with a badge-and never had to get his hands dirty. Tonight, Jones was about to get grime beneath his fingernails for a good cause.

He dialed Dawkins' number.

"Yeah, boss."

"You found Cal yet?"

"Nope. We're still looking."

"Well, when you do, charge him with driving under the influence."

"We can't do that."

"Dawkins, have you lost your mind? You know we can do anything we want in this town. I got a call from dispatch that a car matching Cal's was weaving all over the road. Do you need any more than that?"

"No, sir. I think I can make that work. We'll find him."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

Dungeon Von A.L BLAZE

Mystery / Thriller

6.5K 1.9K 31
{Featured ×4} In the heart-pounding world of 2082, where laws bend and twist like shadows in the night, seventeen-year-old Bryan Adams is thrust into...
City Skylines Von J.OB

Mystery / Thriller

39.1K 1.9K 16
When Kyler isn't walking the halls at school, she's walking the city streets as an undercover spy. With the help of her friends and unit, she is abl...
6.6K 715 55
"The fact that I was murdered didn't come as a surprise; it was the fact that it hadn't happened sooner which shocked me." High school senior, Caitly...
4.2K 791 31
-MYSTERY- I'm dead. Deceased. Definitely not breathing. Laying in my favorite striped bikini, the one that fit the absolute best, and showed off m...