Entice Me

Autorstwa MelToye

Miranda is the top recruitment consultant for Entice Consultancy, working long hours to achieve great results... Więcej

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Thirteen

40 1 0
Autorstwa MelToye

Sally, Grace and Louise soon arrived to a hotel that overlooked the beach. Greeted by the handsome owner, named Macario. It was his mission for men and women to arrive and receive total relaxation.

Macario escorted the girls to a room that was exotically designed and was accompanied with amazing views of the beach. The smell of divine aromas lingered. This was a place for a revival of the soul, truly majestic.

The three women laid down to receive a full body massage. The massage soothed Sally and for once she focussed her thoughts on all the good aspects of her life. With each deep stroke she imagined the bad energy leaving her body and the good energy replenishing her being. After the first massage, Sally felt lighter and energised. She poked Grace who was snoring. No response. Sally poked her again. This time Grace sleepily sat up with drool dried to her chin. Louise and Sally giggled as Louise handed Grace a towel. “Ladies we have not finished yet, the day has only just begun,” Sally said. Louise and Grace glanced at each other and smiled. Facials were on the agenda next.

Time passed and their bodies tingled all over. Fresh fruit with mocktails were provided and it was time for their feet to be indulged. First their feet were scrubbed and then massaged, with unique scented oils to create soft heavenly feet. The girls each selected a colour for their nails. Sally asked for a hot fire engine coloured nail polish. Louise wanted a mermaid aqua colour and Grace decided on a pearl coloured nail polish. Feeling like royalty, the girls let their nails dry while they got comfortable on the beach. They watched the water drift out to sea and roll back in. The calming day had really taken effect on all of them. 

The waiters delivered their lunch on the beach. “Sally, thank you. Today has really been a pleasure,” Grace said. 

“There is still one more surprise,” Sally responded truly excited. The sabotage plan had left her mind completely, as she sincerely enjoyed the girls company. And she realised this was the most fun she had in a while. “Girls, on a trip like this we have to do something to remember the experience. So I have organised for all of us to get our hair styled. Grace may be you should dye your hair red?” Sally suggested.

“I don’t think so Sally. I have never dyed my hair another colour.” Grace stroked her hair for reassurance.

“Grace, you are in a new country, why not remember your first coloured experience from a memorable holiday?”

“You tell her Sally,” Louise said, from the straw of her cocktail in a pineapple.

Ready for a new change, Grace decided on red coloured foils and for her hair to be layered. Louise was next with her golden look and decided to go brunette underneath and blonde on top.

“You know when we find Miranda; she is not going to recognise us,” Grace laughed.

“Oh, I nearly forgot that was the reason we are here. Okay ladies,” Louise said, looking serious as she glanced from Grace to Sally, “We only have three more days here. We need to think of an action plan to track down Miranda.” Everyone was silent for a moment, pondering where to even begin. “Miranda could be anywhere, including back in Australia,” Louise said disheartened.

“I know, why don’t we call hotels nearby and tell them we are meeting up with Miranda but have lost her room number? if they say she is in room five, then we have found the right place,” Sally suggested. The girls agreed this was a good idea.

Grace chipped in, “We could go to the clubs tonight and see if Miranda is there.”

“Now we are thinking girls,” Louise said. With their hair styled and pampered bodies, they were ready to enter Spain’s night life. Louise wore the skimpiest outfit she could fine.

As the limo arrived the girls hopped in. Louise took five minutes to squeeze in as she did not want to flash anyone. “Gees Louise,” was all Grace could say when Louise flashed anyway as she finally sat down. “When we said we were going clubbing we did not say we were going to a strip club.”

“Or that we were going to become strippers,” Sally added.

“Look, I don’t get out much. To be honest I have never been clubbing before.”

“Are you kidding?” Sally asked in disbelief.

“No, I met Mike young and now with Ray, he would think going clubbing was child’s play.”

“Then sweetheart tonight is a night you are going to remember forever,” Sally said.

They waltzed into their first club feeling rich and fabulous. Their snobby rich chick attitudes soon diminished when they started to dance. A few nice looking men asked the girls to dance and they all happily accepted. They were all having so much fun they nearly missed seeing Miranda walk past. After saying good bye to the dancers and as they walked out the door, Miranda had disappeared. “Miranda,” Grace yelled out. Grace kept calling Miranda’s name as Louise and Sally looked around. 

Louise suddenly squealed. Grace looked at Sally then saw Miranda approach. “What are you doing here?” Miranda asked the girls as she glanced at Sally with a hard look. “Louise, Grace, why are you with Sally?” Miranda demanded, before anyone could get a word in.

“It was Sally’s idea, I felt so bad. Sally suggested I come here and see you. Since Sally has been here before, I thought what the hell she can come to,” Grace beamed, not picking up on Miranda’s sour mood.

“Girls, I’m suddenly feeling tired. I will meet you back at the hotel,” Sally said not ready to face the music.

“Oh no Sally, please come out and stay with us,” Louise pleaded. Sally glanced to see Miranda’s expression which had death written all over her face. Sally waved good bye and left swiftly.

The girls went to a quiet café where soft music played and they talked about their adventures since their arrival in Spain. “Louise, Grace, do you know who Sally is?” Miranda finally asked.

“She is my assistant,” Grace answered in an innocent manner.

“Sally used to work at Entice Consultancy, as Jim’s assistant,” Miranda said dryly. Louise and Grace both gasped.

“I thought she looked familiar,” Louise admitted.

“This is how it all started; you came to Spain to get away from the trouble she caused,” Grace said.

“Yes. Sally was my friend at work or so I believed. I don’t know why she turned on me. I just cannot believe she stooped so low to con my friends.”

“I just cannot believe it. Why would Sally come all this way to see you?” Grace said in disbelief.

“I don’t know. Maybe she just wants to make me feel sick to my stomach again,” Miranda replied weakly.

“What do we do now?” Louise asked.

“Tell her to leave,” Grace responded cold heartedly.

“What if we ask her to tell the police and media the truth, and then you will be off the hook,” Louise suggested.

“Good idea, however I doubt after her motive to bring me down, she would suddenly have a change of heart. Anyway who cares, I came to Spain to get away and enjoy my holiday. She can’t hurt me here. I won’t let her. Come on girls enough with the sour faces, we are in Spain, let’s dance,” Miranda said as she jumped to her feet. “Oh and Louise, what are you wearing?” Miranda chuckled.

#

It was six in the morning when the ladies returned to their room. Louise and Grace stumbled as they crashed into walls in a drunken state. With their heels already off, they ran into bed and fell asleep. They did not notice that something was missing.

Miranda went home also drunk and found Grant peacefully asleep in bed. Miranda pushed him lightly to wake him up. “Hmm,” he groaned.

“Honey I had a fantastic night,” Miranda burped. “With the girls,” Miranda almost shouted.

“Good,” was all Grant could manage.

“We drank cocktails all night and my feet have never danced so much.” Grant held Miranda’s face close to his and gave her a kiss. He then rolled over and placed a pillow over his head to block out the noise and drifted to sleep. Miranda did not seem to notice, as she jumped off the bed and with her profound balance fell hard on the floor. “Ouch,” she rubbed her knee. She got back up, walked to the lounge room and turned the TV to loud volume. The dialect was all in Spanish but Miranda could not stop laughing. She was already into the chips when Grant walked in. “Oh baby you came to join me,” Miranda said as she patted the space next to her on the lounge.

Grant took the remote and turned the volume down. “Oh great, now I can’t hear a thing,” Miranda complained. Grant plumped up a cushion and Miranda on autopilot laid down on the lounge and fell asleep. Grant smiled to himself and walked back to bed.

It seemed like only seconds had past when he put Miranda to bed, when awoke to a noise of knocking at the front door. He looked at his watch as he waited for his eyes to focus and discovered it was mid-afternoon. He opened the door to find Grace and Louise. “Where’s Miranda?” Grace asked with a rushed voice.

“Hi Grant,” Louise said politely. Grant played the pleasantries and then pointed to the drunken lady on the lounge. “Oh, we have a problem. Sally was staying with us.”

“I know,” Grant interrupted.

“You knew, how?” Louise asked surprised.

“She found me at the markets. Afterwards I suggested to Miranda we go to France, in the hope to avoid bumping into Sally.”

The girls were speechless. “She had us all fooled. She really did have a hidden agenda the whole time,” Grace said.

“Ladies, I suggest you take Miranda out for the day, while I go speak with Sally.”

“Grant, Sally is gone,” Louise said. Miranda started to stir. They all looked towards Miranda and watched her roll off the lounge onto the floor. Louise and Grant ran to pick her up and lifted her back on the lounge, while Grace retrieved aspirin and a glass of water for her. Miranda went back to sleep and the others went onto the terrace to discuss the situation further.

“Where is Sally?” Grant asked.

“When we woke up this morning she was gone,” Grace replied feeling sick.

“I think she has gone to another hotel, to plan her next move in her wicked plan,” Grant added. He didn’t trust Sally and knew not to underestimate her.

“Should we all go home or hunt down Sally?” Grace thought out loud.

“No,” Louise said and surprised them all. “Miranda came here to escape Sally and the whole messy situation. Let’s not let Sally win. Let’s continue to give Miranda the best holiday.” The others agreed.

Over the next few days, the four of them did the tourist thing and visited the top attractions. Sally had escaped their minds and they were enjoying the sights.

#

Louise had clearly missed Ray and wished she had packed him in her suitcase. She called him every day whilst in Spain just to hear his voice.

Miranda and Grant walked through the city one more time, words not needing to be spoken, just the reassurance that their love for each other had grown to even greater heights. “Miranda,” Grant looked at her with his big puppy eyes, “come to France with me?”

“Right now,” Miranda laughed.

“It’s much closer to fly from Spain to France,” Grant said.

“We have not booked any flights,” Miranda said.

“That’s easy, just say yes, please,” Grant begged.

“Yes,” she replied with a smile.

He squeezed her hand and they walked together back to their hotel to pack their bags and drive to the airport.

Miranda walked over to Louise and Grace while Grant purchased the tickets to France. “Ladies, we are not coming home with you,” Miranda advised.

“Couldn’t get the same flights?” Louise asked.

“Grant is taking me to France,” Miranda smiled.

Grace sighed. “Grant is such a romantic,” she said and then gave Miranda a hug.

Louise and Grace boarded the plane back to Australia.

The topic of Sally soon arose. “Louise, I cannot believe how stupid I was. First I accused Miranda as being a criminal and then I hired the girl who tried to sabotage her and worst still, took her to Spain to help track down Miranda,” Grace said distraught.

“Grace, you cannot worry about what has already happened. Miranda has forgiven you, she did not even mention it. Trust me Miranda was glad you were there. Don’t forget Sally is very good at conning people. I should have known who she was as well. I knew I recognised her face, but I just assumed it was someone I had associated with a few years ago. Oh no,” a sudden realisation came to Louise.

“What? What?” Grace asked in an urgent tone.

“I do know Sally and not only from the investigation of Entice Consultancy,” Louise sighed “Sally cheated with Mike three years ago. He went to a buck’s party with his mates, got completely wasted and then slept with her. He admitted the truth to me the next morning, I could tell he was shattered and I forgave him.”

“That little tart,” Grace said and held her fists tight. “I cannot wait to fire Sally when I return to work.” Grace said. Louise sat in silence as she contemplated her thoughts.

 ***

If you enjoyed reading this chapter, please vote it! Thank you.

Copyright 2012 by Melanie Toye 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

181 40 18
Ariane Nabor is a Filipino citizen who loves to travel. She began traveling back and forth when she was twenty-seven. She doesn't settle in one place...
76 0 12
Janice was a single mother who wants the best for her two boys. She got this job working as a housekeeper for a rich family. She got immediately got...
419 29 11
A fun-loving young woman yearning for financial freedom and love becomes entangled in lies and scandal while working for a cynical billionaire. ...
37.9K 2.6K 55
[#1 in Rage/January 24, 2022]. [Completed]. [#2 in Escort/Oct 22, 2020]. [Completed]. *** The real question is, how does one even earn 'forever' from...