Don't forget that I love you

By TheLYProject

Young people don't get Alzheimer's, right? Wrong. Reese finds this out the hard way when the love of his life... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Girls can be creepers too
Chapter 2: Fearless
Chapter 3: Free Falling
Chapter 5:Thanks for the memories ~Fin~

Chapter 4: Green eyed monster

351 23 5
By TheLYProject

----------This is the chapter before last :3 Enjoii gaiz----------

When I woke up, Emily was stroking my hair and humming to her self, looking lost in her own world. I sat up straight immediately, worried that I might startle her. She jumped, and I sagged my shoulders. I am such a failure. Then she smiles, and takes my hand.

"It's okay, Reese. It's me! I remembered again. Isn't that amazing?" Emily's beautiful face is streaked with tears now, and I pull her in to my arms, holding her tightly.

"It's more than amazing. I don't know what it is, but I hope it keeps working."

"Reese, what if this is just a good patch? What if, after this it never comes back?" I sigh and pull back, looking down at her amused.

"You are the biggest pessimist I have ever met. Can we stop saying what if, and just say let's hope?" She smiles and nods, cuddling into my chest, and it isn't too long before she falls back asleep in my arms.

What ever is happening inside her head it is making her exhausted. Running my fingers through her hair, my mind daydreams from where my dream left off last night.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

After that day, Emily and I became closer than I ever was with any of my girlfriends. And we weren't even dating! Anyway, that day was a month ago, and I haven't been happier. Greg and Diego are joined at the hip, and most days i'm okay with that.

Other days, let's just say that Diego is not my favorite person in the world. Scratch that, everyday he's not my favorite person, just some days he's really not my favorite.

I grimace, because as soon as I think this I come upon the two aforementioned lovebirds sucking face against a classroom door before first period. Come on, really?! Before school even starts!? Walking up to them I pull them apart, making Diego gasp sassily and Greg go wide-eyed and pink cheeked. 

"Can you NOT do that, for like, ten seconds?! New relationships are great and all, trust me I know I've had plenty. It just gets disturbing after a while! Quit it!" Huffing, I straighten my clothes, grab Greg and drag him toward my locker.

"Hey!," Diego shouts behind me, "You can't just do that you overgrown child! Give my boyfriend back!" Yeah. Right. I keep walking, ignoring Diego's protests. Once we arrive at my locker, I release Greg and give him a shame look. 

"What? Stop looking at me like that! So we were kissing!"

"Kissing?! That is not classified as kissing! I'm surprised you weren't naked and on top of each other by then! It was gettin' there!" He grins, scratching the back of his head.

"Okay maybe you're right. We did get a little carried away."

"Tch, yeah. A little. Honestly, it's been a whole month. Get your hormones under control, man."

"Like you're one to talk! You had sex with like every girlfriend you had almost everyday!" I roll my eyes, but end up holding back a blush.

"I told you those things in confidence! Don't throw it back in my face!" He starts to laugh, but then he looks behind me and stops, abruptly clearing his throat. 

"What?" He points over my shoulder, and I look behind me and Emily is standing there, looking a bit pale.

"Em? What's up? Is something wrong?" She meets my eyes, and for a second I see a flash of something, but then she looks down, shakes her head and walks away.

I turn back to Greg with a confused look, but he just bite his lip, smacks my shoulder and heads to first period, me following.

"What did I say?" I ask him as we sit in our usual seats. He faces me with a sigh.

"Reese, come on. I know you're not that dull. She's upset because of what I mentioned in our little spat." Huh?

"When you mentioned what?" At this he facepalms.

"Do I have to spell it out, dude? S-E-X. Sex. It's what you had time and again with all your past girls. And a lot of it, too."

"What about it? What does that have to do with-"

"Oh my gosh! Emily doesn't like the fact that you've had so much...ahem, pleasure. She probably thinks you're a total manwhore now." Oh no. Greg sees the realisation on my face and nods, glad that I finally got it.

"Yep, you're screwed." Gee, thanks Greg. The rest of the period goes by in a blur, what with all I can think of being Emily.

What if she hates me now? Is disgusted by the very sight of me? I have grown to like her so much, I don't know what I'd do if she cut me loose now. How am I gonna fix this? Better question, CAN I fix this?

When the bell rings I don't move, I just sit there like a zombie, but instead of moaning braaaiiiinss all I can do is think Emillllyyyyyyy! Greg sees my veggie like state and hoists me out of my chair, shoves my books in my arms and leads me out the door.

When we get outside he pulls me to my locker, pats my chest and says, "Happy groveling!" Before leaving me there.

Groveling? I can't grovel! I have to stay away from her. If she doesn't want to see me, why force it? I wouldn't want to see me if I just overheard that conversation about me. Me me me! Ugh, I'm so selfish. Such a horrible person. I don't deserve Emily anyways.

Sulking, with storm clouds over my head, I trudge to my next class, not bothering to get the right books. When I get there I sit at the back, my head down. Halfway through the period, my teacher Mrs. Crown comes up and slaps a hand on the books on my desk.

"Mr. Parks. I don't know if you are aware, but the books here are for Business Math, not English." I look up at her, and back at the books, and up at her again, before shrugging. She raises her eyebrows, and puts her hands on her hips.

"Well, if you care so little, why are you even in this class? Why don't you head up to the principle's office so you're not too BORED." She spits the last word out at me, and walks toward the front of the class.

If you haven't guessed, she's the mean teacher. I sluggishly get my things and leave, slouching all the way to the office. When I get there I sit in one of the seats and stretch my legs across the aisle with a sigh.

The secretary, Ms. Butterfield, who looks kind of like a bulldog but is really nice, looks over the counter at me.

"Reese, dear, please tell me you weren't giving another poor child a washing in the toilets." Even through my depression this makes me grin slightly, and I shake my head. 

"Mrs.Crown sent me."

"Ah." She says and goes back to typing and taking phone calls. Even the staff here know what Mrs.Crown is like. It is a 90% percent chance that the kids she sends to the office are innocent, so most of the time they are sent straight back without explanation.

The principle walks out, but Ms.Butterfield shakes her head.

"It was a Crown case." He eyes me suspiciously but walks back in his office nontheless. I get up and leave, sulking down the halls not bothering to go back to class. When the bell rings I am successfuly at my locker, facing it with my arms crossed, pouting. Suddenley I am pushed from behind, and my head rams painfully in to it. Well ow. I turn around ready to flatten who ever did it, and hear fast moving footsteps to my left.

Timmy and Jude Jung, a pair of Asian twins that hate me for quite a few reasons were booking it down the hall way.

Big mistake for such little twins. The crowd parts like the red sea as I walk with a fast pace toward them. They are giggling, but when Timmy looks back he pales and stumbles, slamming into Jude. They fall together, but scramble back up and turn towards me with wide eyes. 

"O-oh hi t-there Reese. How's it going?" Timmy stammers, acting all innocent. I smirk evilly, and they start to shake.

"Oh, you know, just hangin' around. My head kinda hurts though. I wonder why that is?" I put my hand on my chin with the other supporting my elbow. Gulping, they look at each other and back at me. 

"I-I don't know. Maybe we could get you an aspirin?" 

"Nah. You know, it really hurts. It kind of feels like, oh, THIS." I reach forward, grab their heads and smash them together. They both fall to the ground, grasping their heads and groaning. Wiping my hands together with another evil smirk, I step over them and make my way towards Greg's locker. When I get there he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Nicely done. Little twats really need to learn their place."

"THEIR PLACE?!" We both jump and face an angry Emily. 

"Um, you know what I gotta go, er, meet Diego! Yeah, Diego. See ya!" Greg sprints down the hall, and I roll my eyes. Wimp. Emily is glaring up at me with her arms crossed, and I look at her shame-faced.

"Hey, Emily. I guess you saw that?" 

"You think? Why did you do that? What if they're seriously hurt?!" I don't even have the energy to scoff at this, and just look down.

"Sorry."

"AND WHAT IF THEY-Huh?" I look back at her, surprised to see her confused rather than angry.

"I'm sorry. I won't hurt them again, I promise. And, I know you overheard Greg and I this morning, but I swear it isn't as bad as it seems! I haven't had sex in months! I promise. Emily, please don't be mad at me anymore?" Sincerity rings in my voice, and she looks totally unsure of what to do with herself. I walk forward and take her hand in mine, bringing it to my lips.

"Forgive me?" Her eyes go sparkly and her face red. 

"I-I had this whole, this whole plan to change your bully-ness, and with just a few words it's done." She mumbles, and I chuckle.

"A plan to change my bully-ness? That's so cute I don't even know what to say." She blushes again, and pulls her hand back, straightening the imaginary wrinkles in her clothes.

"W-what ever. I'm not mad, okay? I wasn't mad at you this morning either, by the way."

"What? But, I could have sworn I saw a flash of some thing sinister in your eyes when we were talking about my past girlfriends." The blush darkens, and she clears her throat. 

"It was nothing! Just drop it. I have to get to class." She brushes past me, and I stand there confused. What was it, then? 

Later at lunch, I give Greg a dirty look as I sit down.

"What? She wouldn't kill YOU. She's like completely in love with you, man. I would've been chewed out."

"No she isn-"

"Don't you try to deny it boy!" Diego cuts in, sitting down next Greg with Emily. Emily looks confused.

"Reese can't deny what?" She asks.

"Your undying love for him." Diego grins, and her jaw drops practically to the floor.

"Diego! I am NOT!" He rolls his eyes, and wraps an arm around a grinning Greg.

"You have to tell him some time chica! Unrequited love is the worst, just ask my Uncle Fernando." He messes with Greg's hair, seemingly uninterested in the whole thing.

I sigh, ignoring them. Like Emily, the most amazing girl in the world, could love me. I mean, I can't blame her for creeping on me before, because i'm bringing sexy back. But love? No. I look up at her in despair, and a little spark goes through me when our eyes meet.

Her eyes....they are filled with some sort of affection. Not love though.

"Aww, look at the love birds having eye-sex. So romantic, huh Greggy?" Greggy? Oh hell no.

"You did not just call him 'Greggy'." I say it with a decent measure of disgust, and Emily smiles. Greg looks a little embarrassed, but he probably doesn't care. 

"So what? Butt out Beanstalk!" Beanstalk? I snort, and go back to eating, unable to keep the smile off of my face at Emily's laughter.

"Wait. Greg, wouldn't you say Emily looked mad this morning?'' I ask him, and he shrugs.

"Eh, not mad. More like raging jealousy." Diego laughs at this, and Greg grins. Emily is furiously red by now, and she gets up and leaves the lunchroom. I glare at dumb and dumber. I can't decide which is which yet.

"Now look what you've done." I get up and jog after her out the doors, ignoring their laughter. Idiots. When I get into the hall, I run straight into her, nearly sending her flying, but I catch her.

"Whoa there! Sorry Em, are you alright?" She looks a bit dazed, but she nods and hastily pulls away from me, looking seriously embarrassed this time.

"Aw, Em you don't have to be all shy. Well, you're always shy, but they were just being idiots. Ignore em' It's not like you were actually jealous, right?." Emily doesn't reply, but bites her lip and looks down. No way.

"Right?" I press, and she looks up at me, tears glistening in her eyes. Before I can ask her what's wrong she bolts, down the hall. 

"EMILY!" I shout and chase after her, but she turns and rushes into the girl's bathroom. I stop in front of the door and sigh, running a hand through my black hair. What did I do to make her so upset?

Ugh, i'm just battin' a thousand today, ain't I? I sit down against the wall next to the bathroom, prepared to wait as long as she makes me.

I end up waiting until the end of lunch, and when the bell rings her head peeks out, then she spots me and flinches, but leaves the restroom anyway. I stand and look at her in concern.

"Emily, whatever it is that I said i'm sorry. Just please don't cry. Please?" She looks into my eyes wiht those big, soulful gray orbs, and I can't help but be memsmerized. Blushing, she looks away and breaks the trance.

"I can't tell you. It's not your fault, okay?" I nod, and watch in sadness as she walks away. There's got to be something I can do! 

"Just ask her out already." Grimacing, I glare to my left at Diego, who has his arm around a now agreeing Greg, instead of grinning. I sense a pattern here.

"Why would I do that?" Diego slaps a hand to his forehead, clearly frustrated.

"Duh, moron! You like her, she likes you, what more do you need?! I am telling you right now, she was jealous, and if you don't tell her how you feel soon the green eyed monster will come out, and no one is going to lke it." Grr.

When insane people start to make sense to me, you know it definitely an off day. Instead of replying, I just walk away from them. If i'm going to tell her, it isn't going to be at school. Maybe we can meet at that park we went to before. Yeah! I'll tell her then. 

The rest of the day went by slowly, with excessive foot tapping and sighing on my part, annoying all my afternoon block teachers.

When the day was over, I ran to Emily's locker as fast as I could, terrifiyng a few people on the way when I almost ran into them.

If I ran into them, they know it would not be like a normal person running into them More like...a really...large person? Nevermind.

I made it to her locker, but she wasn't there. I let out a tired and anxious sound, and run to each hallway, looking everywhere.

Where is that girl?! I panted and went outside, and still don't see her. Giving up, I decide to call her when I get home. I end up running home too, of course, and collapse on the floor as soon as I get inside. 

"Reese? What's the matter with you? You look like you just ran a marathon." I wheeze at my brother, but can't form a proper reply at the moment.

He walks away with an "Eh." Nice, Justin. What if I was dying. Huffing and puffing, I get up and go to my room, dumping my stuff there and whipping out my phone, calling Emily. It's ringing. It's ringing. It's ringi-Come on! Still ringing when finally, "Hello?"

"Emily? Meet me at the park in an hour, okay?"

"Wh-"

"Okay bye!" I hang up and grab some clean clothes for a shower. When i'm done, I change into a simple black long-sleeve V-neck, blue jeans, and a Linkin Park hoody. Slipping on my also black DC shoes. Justin teases me for like ten minutes before I just push him over the couch and rush out. Stupid potato of a person, delaying me!

I leave and walk to the park this time, not wanting to get all sweaty again. When I get there I stop in my tracks, before starting to walk extra fast. The sight I came upon when I arrived was Allison, my latest ex and a few other girls in a circle around a scared looking Emily.

"You think he likes you, huh? He loves ME. We're only taking a break. Why would he date you, when he could have ME? Don't you see that?" Emily flinches, and that is enough to light my fuse.

I walk up to them and shove by Allison, and all of them gasp. I stand in front of Emily and face them, a cold look on my face. 

"Allison. What are you doing here?" She blinks, but then saunters over and places a hand on my chest, her expression sultry. 

"Looking for you of course. I've missed you baby. My bed hasn't been....quite the same, without you in it." She winks, but i'm confused.

"Little problem there, Allison. I've never even seen the inside of your house, much less have been in your bedroom or bed. So why don't you take your little troupe of wannabe whores and leave, before I out it to the whole school that you're a virgin." Allison's eyes widen, then narrow to a familiar vicious glare.

"Whatever, Reese. I just want to know what you're doing with HER." Does everyone have the green eyed monster in them today?!

"I like her, obviously. In fact, I was going to ask her out when I got here but there was a slight.....barrier in the way." I hear Emily gasp softly behind me, and I grin.

Allison pants through her nose like a bull before storming off, her little group checking me out, and some even winking and telling me to 'call them'  before following her. What loyal friends. And dumb, too.

I turn around to Emily, and she is blushing, but her eyes say she is extremely happy and trying not to smile.

"So, Emily. What do you say? Honor me with a chance?" Giggling, she runs off toward the slide. Huh? I follow her, and she is on the stairs leading up to it, facing me.

"Having fun there?" She smiles and looks up at me under her lashes.

"You have to be able to reach me.'' What?

"What do you-Mmm." Abruptly, she grabs my sweatshirt with both hands and pulls my lips to hers. Slowly, I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her off of the stairs and against me, holding her up with ease.

You know that spark that all the hopeless romantics talk about? I just found out they weren't lying. I spin around with her as the kiss continues, and I feel her smile into it.

She pulls away, and I look up into her eyes. She looks so beautiful. I set her on the ground, and I am unable to keep the love I have for her out of my eyes. 

"Hey Emily?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't mind having to reach down to kiss you." I bend and tilt her chin, searching her eyes before pressing my lips to hers once more.

The spark ignites again, and I pull back with a smile. Then I jump away completely and start cheering.

"Wooh! Emily is my girlfriend! Better recognise!" The few teens in the park look at us weirdly, and she hustles over to smack my elbow.

"Cut it out! You're such a weirdo!" I just smile and take her hand.

I walk with her to the ice cream shop in comfortable silence. When we get the ice cream we sit down, and I stare at her with a huge smile. She stops eating and blushes, biting her lip.

"W-what? If you keep doing that i'm gonna throw this at you." 

"I'm just admiring my beautiful girlfriend." 

"Don't s-say such embarrassing things!"

"What? It's just the truth!" She sighs, but then something seems to suck the happiness from her.

"I guess, since I am your, um, g-girlfriend now, I should probably tell you what i've been keeping from you." I put my chin in my hands and focus on her, listening intently. She scowls.

"Don't look at me like that! It makes me nervous." I look down at the table, and she sighs.

"You know how I said my brother was at college?" I nod.

"That isn't true. He.....well let's start at the beginning." Her voice is trembling, and I find myself already not liking where this is going. 

----------Okay. No present ending this time, it'll just continue on in the last chapter, which is the last one. Tell me what you think.----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 3.5K 19
I really don't know what's gotten into me? Surely there isn't a disease that makes you miss a person so much it hurts. Or a disease that causes you t...
151 8 26
An 17 year old girl who has little to no experience with love it set up by her best friend with this guy Charlie. Evelyn isn't very confidence and f...
25.5K 1.1K 41
What happens when love bloom with someone with memory loss??? and when the person forget the love when memory come back... Let's see in this memory...
697 8 12
A young girl falls in love with her high school sweetheart, but he not be so sweet. As years go on he tends to change. The love of her life might be...