HOME [JENLISA]

By LJ0327

"The whole idea was a mess, in fact it was stupid. To get married with someone who's practically a stranger t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (Part 1)
Chapter 17 (Part 2)
Chapter 18 (Part 1)
Chapter 18 (Part 2)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (Part 1)
Chapter 20 (Part 2)
Chapter 21 (Part 1)
Chapter 21 (Part 2)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24 (Part 1)
Chapter 24 (Part 2)
Chapter 25 (Part 1)
Chapter 25 (Part 2)
Chapter 26 (Part 1)
Chapter 26 (Part 2)
Chapter 27 (Part 1)
Chapter 27 (Part 2)
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 1)
Chapter 29 (Part 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (Part 1)
Chapter 32 (Part 2)
Chapter 33 (Part 1)
Chapter 33 (Part 2)
Chapter 34 (Part 1)
Chapter 34 (Part 2)
Chapter 35 (End)
Announcement
New story!!

Chapter 4

91.2K 2.6K 2.1K
By LJ0327

"She's still mad at you? Clamp please," Jisoo asked but never took her eyes off her unconscious patient.

"Kind of, I didn't know she didn't bring her phone nor her wallet, okay?" Seulgi replied.

"What happen anyway?" Jihyo looked up from the magazine she was reading,

"She came to my apartment that day, pissed off and everything, when I asked about it she wouldn't say anything. Then we played video games and she got better then I asked again, she told me that she had a fight with Jennie for some stupid reason. I know it wasn't place to interfere them but I can't help it. I literally kicked her out to fix their thing. The next morning all she said to me was 'you're not my friend anymore.'"

Jisoo asked the nurse to wiped her sweat. "Ah, there's a little bleeding here," she mumbled to herself. 

"Who's Jennie?" Jihyo asked again. 

"Her soon to be wife slash fake girlfriend slash mortal enemy depends on who asked," Jisoo explained. 

"How come I wasn't informed about this?" Jihyo frowned. 

"You're too busy sedating people,"

"Hey, I'm making a living, you know"

"You make people sleep, pleasantly sit in OR doing your endless crosswords while we're doing the real work here" Jisoo stated as a matter of fact.

"I told to you to join anesthesia not surgical. Your fault not mine." Jihyo waved her hand nonchalantly. "So what about this Jennie?"

"We don't know anything yet aside from that. We have never seen her." Seulgi said.

"Now it most likely we couldn't meet her anytime soon. Thanks to Seulgi"

"Yah! It wasn't entirely my fault."

"Halt of it"

"Guys, we're in the middle of surgery here. Stop bickering, would you? Jisoo, how long will you finish?" Jihyo checked watch.

"Give me a minute then she's all yours, Seulgi"

 "Good, tell me more about this later" Jihyo whispered to Seulgi.

*****

Lisa was writing on her patient chart when Seulgi approached her. 

"I'm still not talking to you," She said flatly. 

"Lisa, it's been days. You can't give me silent treatment forever."

"Watch me."

"It's not fair!" Seul groaned. "You threw me to the garden pond in front of hundred people when we were in college. I forgive you!" Seulgi pouted.

"Remember how long it takes for you to accept my apologize? Months. Besides, it was your-birthday."

"Not the point,"

"It wasn't just me. The kids also contributed in it," She stated the fact.

"But you're the brain! you made that idea and you bribed them with food to do your evil plan! Ha!"

"Who told you that?" Lisa frowned. 

"Jihyo and Jisoo. Now, we're even" 

"Aish traitor," she muttered "Buy me lunch and I call it even," Lisa smirked naughtily.

"Hey!" 

"Take it or leave it, Seulgi," Lisa gave the chart back to the nurse and started to walk away.

"One lunch and that's that, Lalisa!"

Lisa's smirked wider.

*****

A week had passed. Lisa and Jennie were at least civil to each other even though there was still some disagreement here and there that led to elevated voice tone. Despite of that, Lisa spent majority of her time at home than at hospital or went clubbing like she used to. But well...old habit die hard, she still had a lot of text or call from unknown number whether it was pure wrong number or from her former one night stand partners. She replied half of it when she had nothing better to do. It was harmless, to her defense.

Entering the third week, Lisa was busy most of the time. A lot of accidents occurred in adjacent. She was drained. She barely slept especially when it was her on-call shift. She hardly saw Jennie, she usually came home in the middle of the night or nearing the dawn when Jennie was fast asleep and woke up by the time Jennie was already off to work. 

Luckily for Lisa that although physically Jennie was absent, her consideration was remained. That proofed by her breakfast was always prepared neatly, text reminder for her to not got her lunch late or skipped dinner. Also, her house was always clean, it wiped away her tiredness after her long day.

That actually got Lisa thinking. Why was Jennie so attentive to her?

Lisa cracked open her door welcoming the tasty smell to her nose. She was already in her-work' clothes; jeans and grey t-shirt. Unconscious smile spread on her face by the sight of Jennie in her blazer, occupied with their meals. She had to admit that her life was easier in some aspect since Jennie moved in. She didn't have to worry about household because Jennie handled almost everything. Her body mass index began to increase to normal number, and the greatest thing was, she had someone welcomed her at home instead of dark cold of loneliness atmosphere. It felt nice.

If only she could fight back her fear

"Hey, you're up?" Jennie snapped her out from her daydreaming. "Why are you standing there? Come on, breakfast is ready,"

"Uh... yeah," She stuttered. 

"What time did you get home last night?" Jennie put two pancakes on Lisa plate. "Chocolate or maple?"

"Are you going to turn me to American or something? I eat this kind of stuff everyday." She said with fake unpleasant voice.

"Fine, go make your own next time. I won't cook for you anymore," Jennie took back her food.

"Hey! I didn't say that I don't like it. Give it back," Lisa pouted. She tried to steal her plate but Jennie quickly slapped her hand. "Jennie, come on. I'm hungry. I was just kidding. I really like your cook,"

"Say it again." 

"Say what? I was kidding?"

"I guess you don't really want it, huh?" She said heartlessly.

Lisa groaned exasperatedly. "I like your food. They're awesome. You're an awesome cook. Now give it to me." Lisa spoke sarcastically.

"Take you weeks to admit it," Jennie smirked victoriously. 

"I want maple," Lisa ignored her remark. 

"Go it yourself." 

"You're not allowed to work in half. Finish what you started," She smiled

"You're annoying. You know that?" Jennie sulked as she poured the syrup.

"Well I've been told that many times by this no less annoying woman," She laughed loudly.

Jennie threw her disapproving look and ate in silent.

"I got home at four and I have interns to train in an hour and half. God, I'm so tired," Lisa whined.

"Aren't there another surgeon aside from you? You've been working day and night lately."

"We only have two cardio surgeon, me and this old grandpa who will retire soon," Lisa swallowed her food."My department running out of staff and we haven't had the definite candidate to replace him."

"What about Dahyun?" Jennie remembered Lisa mentioned her. 

Lisa smiled at Jennie. "You remember I told you that?"

"Of course I do, you did mention her once or twice," she rolled her eyes. Perks of being a lawyer was her brain could collect every tiny little details of the information. Lisa said that there were four resident who were in their last year and Lisa only considered Dahyun as the qualified one for her department

"Well, she's still in doubt and I won't ask her over and over again. I don't want to look like I'm desperate or something though I am that desperate."

"You and your pride, Lalisa," she chuckled. 

"Try different approach then," She got off from her chair to do the dishes.

"What approach? I have none of idea left. Please do help me." She proceeded towards Jennie. "I'll dry them"

"What makes her still in doubt?"

"Do you ever imagine how terrifying to cut a beating organ? One wrong move, your patient would bleed to die. Dahyun is smart, she's just.. I don't know- scared?"

"Then offer her the chance to be brave. Include her in every surgery you do, make her familiar with the circumstances, some kind of pressure training or something" Jennie suggested. 

"You're right. I mean she, been a lot in my surgery but only assisting. Maybe I should order her to do a real one"

"You're the one who know the drill, Lisa. Just make sure she doesn't fail on her first try. It'll crush her confidence" They wiped their hand as they finished.

"Okay, let, hope there's no competition to get this one," Lisa followed Jennie to the living room. She grabbed her backpack as she stared at the heavy rain outside the window. "How am I supposed to burn all this fat." She muttered under her breath. Lisa rarely brought her car to work. HospitaI was merely two blocks from her apartment, she only driving when the weather was bad.

"What competition?"

"Jisoo wants her too," She sighed. "Oh, speaking of that brat, my friends asking you to have lunch with them. You're up for it?"

"Oh? Um... when?"

"Up to you"

"I'll check my schedule then I'll get back to you later?"

"Sure. Jennie, do you see my car key?" Lisa lifted the cushion and searched under the table. She was certain she put it somewhere in the living room.

"Lisa?" Jennie called her. 

"I swear I put it here" She kept exploring

"Lisa." She called again. 

"Where are you, you little key?"

"Lisa!" Jennie shouted.

"What? Ouch!" Her head hit the table. "Aish, you really need to shout?" Lisa caressed the aching part. "I'm searching my key here, what do you want?"

"Here is your key, you messy. Next time, put your thing in its place," Jennie scolded her as Lisa narrowed her eyes.

"I always put in here. Who ask you to move it?"

"I found it under the couch yesterday, and inside your jeans pocket the other day and-"

"I get it, I get, okay?" Lisa grabbed the key from Jennie and moved outside the house. "You're so nosy" 

"Promise me." Jennie closed the door and quickened her step to match Lisa. 

"What?"

"You will put your things in its place. It'll be safe for us from trouble of searching it."

"Yes, mom. I promise. Happy?"

"Not really, I have not seen the proof, so..."

Lisa rolled her eyes and sulking all the way to parking lot. The rains get heavier, the temperature dropped lower. She tightened her jacket to kept her body warm. As they reached their cars that were parked next to each other, Lisa quickly get in. She wafted her hand and started the engine.

She backed her car and about to leave when she noticed Jennie was still standing outside of her car with frown upon her face and her phone was stuck on her ear.

Lisa rolled down the window. "Hey, something happen?"

"My tire leaks, I'm calling Irene," she sighed irritatingly. "Come on pick up, Irene," She mumbled.

Lisa parked her car back and get out from the vehicle to checked Jennie's. She squatted down to see how bad the damage. There was practically no air in it. Jennie was still busy calling Irene. She walked back and forth- starting to panic.

"Jennie," she patted her shoulder.

"God damn it, Irene! Where are you!" She shouted, made Lisa startled. "Pick up!" 

"Jennie." Lisa said sternly, effectively stopped her. "You're going with me. Come on." She opened the passenger door and dragged Jennie into her car as she quickly got in too.

"Lisa, you don't have.. I can take a cab."

"It's fine. I'm not kidnapping or selling you to black market. Besides, all cabs probably occupied by now." She pulled the reverse gear and drove away. "Where's your office?"

Jennie gave Lisa the address as Lisa turned on her GPS.

"Lisa, my office is pretty far. We'll be stuck on traffic in this weather and you need to go to hospital. Let mee take a cab"

Lisa simply tapped on her phone to make a call and put it on speaker

"This is Seoul Trauma Hospital Information Centre. How can I help you?"

"Hey, this is Dr. Lisa Manoban. Could you connect me Cardio department?" 

"Yes, doctor. Please wait a moment"

The secretary picked up on the third ring

"Cardio Trauma Department, how can I help you?"

"Eunbi-ssi? It's me. I have skill lab on 9 a.m., could you reschedule it? I have an important thing to take care of first."

"Oh, okay doc. What time?"

"Um.. Ten thirty?"

"Ten thirty, okay. I'll inform your intern, doc." 

"Okay thank you, Eunbi-ssi." She hung up.

"You really don't have to." Jennie said quietly. On one hand, she was grateful towards Lisa but on the other hand, she felt guilty to bother her

"Well, I want to. It's a benefit of being attending," she grinned.

"Lisa, it was irresponsible and I don't want to be the reason of it" Jennie spoke softly.

"I don't do it often, Nini. It's fine, really." She comforted her, not taking her eyes off the road. 

Jennie tilted her head to her direction but said nothing, Lisa noticed.

"What?"

"You called me Nini." Jennie stated.

Lisa tensed at the statement. Really? She didn't realize that. That seemed too friendly. She quickly composed herself and act like it wasn't a big deal.

"Why? I can't call you that? Your name is way too long. The short version is better." She shrugged off.

"Yes you can, Lili."

Lisa raised her eyebrow. "You shorten my name too?"

"Why? I can't call you that? Your name is way too long. The short version is better," she shrugged, cutely copying Lisa. Luckily they were at traffic light. They stared at each other before burst out of laughing.

"You weirdo. Don't copy me." She shoved Jennie lightly.

"You weirdo. Don't copy me." She imitated Lisa yet again and giggled. 

"Alright, alright. I'm out of breath. Stop it" Lisa haven't laughed like this for a long time. The feeling was different from the other laughs. It felt free- unencumbered.

"Okay, Lili," Jennie chuckled and wiped her tears. Honestly, she liked their moment like this. No bickering or sarcastic comments. Jennie was an objective person, she didn't ashamed to admit that Lisa was indeed smart, cute and she had this feeling- happy feeling when Lisa laughed.

"Let's hear some music, shall we." Lisa cleared her throat. She was happy and worried at the same time. The wall in her head opened wider than usual and it disturbed her a bit.

Lisa switched one station to another.

"Why is everybody playing pathetic romantic love song? Gosh." She frowned deeply.

The significant displeasure of her tone perceived by Jennie. 

"Seriously?" Lisa muttered to nobody, kept on switching. 

"Lisa, it's February." 

"So?" She asked clueless. 

"The month of love? Valentine's day?" 

"Nini, it's 10th February. Valentine's is four days away. Whatever, we don't have to listen anything" She turned off the radio.

Lisa was so confusing to Jennie. One second she was bright like a kid and gloomy the next then bright again like nothing wrong. This wasn't happened just this once. Like that time when she was watching drama and Lisa joined her, her eyes were blank and she quickly changed the channel when there was a lovey-dovey scene to cartoons then laughed out loud by it silliness. Or when they were just talking, first she'd tease her non-stop then suddenly left to her room with murky expression all over her face then get out not long after whining for food.

Jennie didn't know what to do. And traffic jam didn't help at all.

The atmosphere became thicker with awkwardness. Lisa turned her back and facing the window side, Jennie could only stared at her back. Lisa sighed a few times. She wondered what was going trough her mind. She can't saw her expression nor she understood Lisa enough to pinpoint what could be the possibility.

"Lis-"

"I'm bored."

They said at the same time. 

"What did you say?" Lisa asked as she rested her head to the wheel

"Nothing." 

"Well... let's talk about something. I want to know-" 

"Still no to your one million dollar question," Jennie cut her. 

"Aish... then when are you going to tell me?" She pouted. 

"If you're worth enough, then maybe consider it." She replied easily. "For the time being, snap off your curiosity." 

"It's just a make-up, Nini. What's the big deal?" Lisa groaned when Jennie pretend playing with her phone. 

"Okay, okay. I'll find it on my own. Now stop playing with it. Come on, I'm much more interesting than your phone." Jennie rolled her eyes. 

"Don't, you miss me?" Lisa put on her smug grin. 

"Do you hear yourself? You praise yourself way too much." She said flatly. Now she disliked Lisa's expression. 

"Why do you always take my jokes seriously? Grandma." She whispered the last part.

"I heard that" Same tone

Well... there was still a lot of adjustment needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 490 32
Billionaire bachelorette Lalisa Manoban at the age of 30 is now tired of being alone. She once dreamt of having a big family of her own, but since sh...
212K 5.8K 41
She could no longer pretend not to have been brought to her knees by her blows, and she could no longer avoid the sentiments that her heart forced he...
666K 21.4K 31
Lalisa Manoban is one of the sought after bachelorette's of the country, admired and well loved by many, despite being a total play girl. What will...
24K 710 23
"This is the story of my clumsy, embarrassing, and slightly terrifying life. However, similar to the conclusion of all romance novels, I hold onto th...