Humanity (Soundwave x Reader)

By SuperiorInferior

The Third-In-Command of the Nemesis ship is known for his commitment to the vow of silence-- a vow he took fo... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 2

3.6K 136 89
By SuperiorInferior

        Soundwave was used to the stares.

        He was long indifferent to the gazes that vehicons often give him whenever he passes the corridor; often stopping their duty just to stare. The mech didn't exactly know the reason why. Perhaps it was the intimidation; they wish to create distance between him and themselves-- to "watch where they're going". Or perhaps, as narcissistic as it sounds, they gape out of admiration. After all, how often does the feared Megatron give free passes and compliments to a Decepticon? Soundwave certainly had a big fraction of those; a benefit of being a loyal follower. A good friend.

        But now, the silent mech certainly acknowledged why he was being stared at, and he would be lying if he were to say it was illogical.

        On one of his servos was a human, caged within his thin digits. Having a human on-board was considered as a phenomenon already, but the Third-in-Command holding it was another anomaly, itself. The weirdest part? The human was just cursing with their own language slang-- shouting, screaming-- not out of fear but out of agitation, and Soundwave just lets it happen. The visor-wearing mech isn't one for mercy. But then again, the lower Decepticons never saw how the Communication Officer interact with a human before, much less hold one.

        And then, they noticed the officer's exposed chassis-- a place where his drone often rest on when not in use. Just like that, they directed their gazes on his other servo; the one tucked near his chassis, similar to a scene of a sire holding his deceased sparkling's protoform close-- a sight they once often see back in the war of Cybertron.

        On Soundwave's other servo was the destroyed form of Laserbeak.

        Just what in the All Spark happened out there?

        Each vehicon, as expected by Soundwave, gawked at the scene before them; their minds already thinking of conclusions before the Surveillance Lieutenant could even make his next move. But their train of thoughts were interrupted by the groaning noises the femme was making-- finally tired from cursing the TIC to oblivion. Lord Megatron wouldn't appreciate a foul-mouthed organic, they all thought. In fact, they don't think that the warmonger would appreciate an organic being in his ship at all!

        Now, this begs the question within each low caste Decepticons' processors: why did Soundwave bring you here?

        All the Decepticons currently within the corridor immediately retreated their optics from staring as soon as the Third-In-Command stopped and gazed at one of them back.

        They all internally shuddered in unison, as the higher ranked officer continued down his path.

~*~*~

        You finally stopped shouting; your throat starting to irritate from the constant usage of your voice in maximum volume. Besides, you're not making a difference anyway with how non-reactive your captor is-- not a single expression, nor a response. You'll just have to wait and see what's gonna happen next. And who knows? Maybe these weird sentient robots have the right tools to kill you. So, the best thing you could do in your situation was to behave, and heave out an annoyed sigh. The least they could do after all their troubles was end your misery.

        So far as you can tell, your captor was one of the big leagues on this ship, based on the effects it had on the crew. Now that you thought about it, who was the blue robot? You just kept naming them all "robots" in your head, and it's starting to get tiresome.

        Looking at where you're headed, a colossal door awaited you. You guessed that the protocol your captor is proceeding with is the typical "take you to our leader", just by judging the grandness of the entrance. You're curious what the other side looks like, but for sure, their leader must be there-- that is, if your custodian isn't the leader already.

        The hatch opened, letting your captor walk through the entry, only for your eyes to set on a rather giant robot with spikes protruding from its shoulders; its back facing you. Other than its literally sharp design, the only color it has was just silver gray of different shades. Out of all the robots you've seen within this vessel, this one has the plainest composition yet. However, you'll admit that despite your latter opinion of its choice of appearance, its aura was an entirely different story-- one filled with a feared personality-- with intense malice and intimidation, unlike your captor's which was silent and subtle.

        And then, it all sunk in. These are real aliens! They were actually, living beings made out of metal.

        They're bound to have a gender, and you guessed that the two robots within this room are males. 

        Then, you passed by some kind of huge table, where your captor placed his drone on; the noise alerting the large robot of your custodian's existence.

        "Ah, Soundwave, have y--" The gray robot turned, looking at the the destroyed form of Laserbeak, before looking at the human on his officer's servo, causing for your eyes to stare at ruby-colored ones. For a second there, you've felt a slightest amount of fear, only to be disrupted by a thought of realization that struck you.

        He has a fucking blaster attached on his arm.

        "Huh, so you guys do have names," You stated, before glancing at the blank visor of the robot holding you. "And your name is Soundwave? Wow, talk about irony, here."

        "Soundwave, what is the meaning of this?" Their leader, you assumed, asked, his question seemingly controlled by his slipping patience. You guessed that he was trying to contain his anger and confusion, and he doesn't seem the type to do that, which made you ask yourself why he was restraining himself. A special treatment, perhaps? Or was it out of courtesy, because you can't always judge a book by its cover. Even if it's a sharp-looking, deadly book cover.

        Your captor neared the boss bot, then presented you in front of his red eyes, causing for a staring contest to ensue, before the navy blue robot's visor showed some kind of data regarding your well-being; most specifically, the x-ray Soundwave scanned earlier. For a second there, you saw the silver robot's eyes widen a bit, before returning back to their normal sizes. It wasn't really an x-ray; it's more of your vital signs after you consumed the blue crystal.

        "And how do you suggest we can use this information for our cause?" 

        To answer his lordship's question, Soundwave presented yet another chart; this time, it's filled with the numbers of vehicons within the Decepticon vessel. The numbers were depleting rather fast, and Shockwave's experiments can't really keep up with the pace of their losses. It takes time, and the former gladiator knew this. They can't make vehicons like they used to before. Perhaps they can only produce five within a stellar cycle. Not to mention that Shockwave is now occupied with his Predacon project, which can only slow progress if he were to demand more cloned soldiers with their limited resources.

        Your body's function may be replicated for further advancements in their scientific projects.

        "Perhaps finding alternatives for vehicon productions can prove useful," The leader remarked, pondering over the thought. "Tell Shockwave that he has a new project to prioritize. Results from this can perhaps quicken the production of the Predacons too through the use of an organic form of production." The ruby-eyed robot smirked, before dismissing Soundwave, which would've gone smoothly if only you didn't open your mouth.

        "Shockwave? Soundwave? Does everybody's name here end with 'Wave'? Oh yeah, you didn't get to tell me your name," You addressed to the leader rather casually, causing for your captor to lightly squeeze his digits in; warning you. You didn't feel the pressure.

        "My designation is Lord Megatron, and I will not be addressed by you as equals!" He snarled as your reaction remained indifferent. In fact, there's only one thing that interests you now, which faltered your focus from his threat. Yeah, you guessed right.

        It's the extra-looking blaster.

        "Soundwave, be sure to teach this pest manners on how it should behave within this ship." Megatron growled, as the navy blue mech nodded immediately, wanting this meeting to be over with.

        "Okay, but before that, I hope you realize that you look like a giant cheese grater. You know that, right?"

        This... This femme is insane; the only conclusion Soundwave could come up with, hence explaining your reckless behavior. Are you not aware that your life can end here; right now?

        Before the visor-wearing mech could do anything, you were immediately snatched from his grasp. You ended up on Megatron's servo, who is currently attempting to squeeze the life out of you.

        "What reassurance do you have to talk to me with such conduct, to think you will not perish from doing so?!" This guy... was really easy to irritate; easy to trigger like a certain scientist you once knew.

        "Tough break, dude. I don't need air nor blood circulation." You mocked, causing for the gray mech to grind his dentas in pure annoyance from your constant disrespect, as his grip tightened.

        By the amount of Pascals you're receiving from the pressure, you should've been dead by now, knowing the fragility of humans, Soundwave thought. But perhaps, he could have been betrayed by his leader's scrunched up face plates; for, the blue mech compared Megatron's facial expression to the force he was currently giving you.

        To end this, Megatron thought of just eliminating you overall, seeing that you're trying to 'resist' the pain he's inflicting on you. He would have been confused if he weren't so infuriated. The mere fact that you now see yourself to be important because of your phenomenal anatomy. Well, he doesn't need you.

        "You're not as important as you think you are, organic. If that's how it's going to be," Megatron then dropped you, causing for you to land on your feet effortlessly on the ground. "Your purpose on this vessel has been nullified." And with that, he aimed his built-in cannon towards you, as your eyes sparkled with excitement. "Any last words?"

        He'll just have to find another organic with the same circumstance.

       "What'cha gonna do with that big blaster? Gonna shoot me? Better make it count. Better make it hurt. Better kill me in one shot." You dared, hoping that this was it.

        "Do you seriously have a death wish?!" The warmonger exclaimed as his blaster flared up with charging energy.

        "Hell yeah." You muttered for yourself to hear, unaware that a certain officer caught what you said with his highly-sensed audio receptors.

        Without hearing an audible answer back, the gladiator then took his shot, as you stood your ground. And with that, a blast's shock wave rung out the entire room, and a thud on a nearby wall can be heard, as smoke tried to dissipate from the source of that wall's impact.

        Silence...

        Then, there was a growl of annoyance.

        "Ugh, I thought for sure that could've worked." You groaned in frustration as both mechs stared in disbelief. That was a direct fire; a direct energon blast. No human could've survived that! Primus, not even a vehicon could've survived that. Dreadwing didn't survive that. You had no armor or whatsoever to protect you!

        What in the All Spark just happened? Did he, perhaps, miss?

        "Dammit. Just great. Now if aliens can't kill me, nothing possibly can." You then uttered strings of curses, cursing your life and the likes. The usual reaction you do when you failed yet another attempt.

        "Soundwave." Megatron called out for his Third-In-Command to explain, his optics never leaving your sitting frame that's still muttering slangs of your language. Nodding to his master, the Communications Officer picked you up, and redid the scan.

        "Hey! A little warning next time!" You exclaimed, trying to block your eyes from the blinding blue light that Soundwave emitted yet again. You weren't having it. You're in an irritated mood as it is already. You don't want another factor to contribute to that.

        An updated set of data presented itself on the Surveillance Lieutenant's visor. The data... was the same.

        Nothing explained what just happened. It just showed that you consumed energon, and your organs reacted neutrally to it. Other than that, your vitals showed one that would expect from an average human; normal pulse rate, normal blood flow (with a trail of energon), normal everything.

        "Um, quick question: what's an energon?" You asked, after staring at the navy blue mech's visor. Again, another shocker.

        You couldn't possibly be a human. At least, not in their perception.

        You shouldn't be able to read that.

        The texts on Soundwave's visor were pure Cybertronian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.7K 2.4K 46
".. Is this really what you desire?" Amy Scarlet, a 17 year old girl who could possess everything a regular teenage girl needs. A house, loving Mothe...
29.6K 790 16
ShadowLight is a warrior that was born as a mistake. Her teacher is Ultra Magnus. Shadow finds herself on the planet called Earth. She picks up a tr...
146K 4K 68
|||~21 Different Ranks-Highest: #1~||| |||~#1 In Transformers~||| |||~Streak Since: 9/18/18~||| Once long ago, when Cybertron was filled with life, t...
3.8K 113 12
With Enigma returned to her family and the war between the Autobots and Decepticons ended, both factions have now enjoyed the peace and serenity they...