WITHOUT

By Jdemaine

I had become what was always planned. I could never deny what I was. For years I was never in the right fra... More

In The Last Few Days.
Apart.
Books.
Begin.
Good.
Get Things Moving!
Brothers of the Dark. Sisters of the Night.
My Parents Are Aware!
In The Test.
Worlds In A Blur.
To The Roof!
It Will Be Done.
Over The Edge, And Down!
Understanding.
Secrets.
Chicken Tape.
Back.
What We Know.
Parents In The House.
Visits.
The Worst Move Ever.
Rage.
Worse Before Good.
Hector.
Holy Terror.
Another's Plan.
Well Gone.
He's Coming!
Trouble!
He's Out.
Wings.
The Mission
He Wants To Be In Charge!
Weakened.
Heading Back.
Strangers In Parks.
An Answer To A Problem.
We Return.
Clark Has A Tale.
The One.
A Problem, I Didn't See Coming!
Control.
Rest.
A Truth.
Divine Leader In The House.
A Match Was Lit.
Me.
Before The Storm.
Enter The House.
What To Give Up?
Best Laid Plan....
Struck.
Superior.
Coming Together.
Coming Undone.
Lose Ends.
Playing!
I Have Won!
A Mark.
Return.
Much To Do.
Returning Back.
No Time For Stupidity.
The "Talk" Starts.
He Dosen't Like This!
The Writer

Back. But Not.

35 1 0
By Jdemaine

Clark stood in the kitchen, notes firmly still in hand. She felt, she had covered most duties....Given a fair command of what was to be expected. The twenty new spirit servants had taken well to the jobs at hand. Watched with alertness, listened when told.    She had cracked her belt at them..."Complete obedience is asked of you. Fail to give what is requested, and there will be consequences! Pray they come from, and by my hand..."

Heads nodded....There were quiet murmurs of agreement. Clark found this new batch of staff were competent in all ways that were expected, but they did ask many questions (Was this going to be an issue?)    Should she be concerned?     She would keep an eye on that. She liked a questioning mind, spirits that wanted to do their work well. But, as long as the questions were within their area of needing to know. Clark, with the assistance of Benton - Would in time extend their knowledge.

She wished to get their duties, within their appointed tasks - Well ingrained into their minds.

And...There might be some room, for freedom if they wanted. "Know the rules, so if you break'em...You'll have a firm understanding of how far you'll have to crawl back".

Then there was the explaining of Ethan. That was going to be a subject best treated with care.     EB, she would handle. Clark liked that EB spent time with Stella....EB reminded her of someone she dearly missed (Two actually) She would still arrange for Bell to be with Stella and EB. Clark found my friend Stella an interesting young woman, she often pondered - Could she get Stella to join the mansion in some way.

Was there a vocation for Stella?    Could she create one?

Clark checked the old clock on the wall, I often called it an antique.....To Clark, it was modern and it still took her a minute or two to read it. She preferred the "Sun and Window" system (Each window had a piece of glass that would hold the light from the sun or moon - To tell the time)

Lunch would be served soon, Clark stood by the door-frame.    She wanted to see Ethan.     She felt it was "good" I was with him.    But, Ethan wasn't"right"....He was "off". Unbalanced.    We had had a positive couple of days with him, when he awoke from what had happened.     Then, she noticed the constant black eyes (They were only seen in moments of unbalance, charged feelings of one kind or another)

And, the electrical vibe.    The distain for particular words.   His pain.      If Clark could be honest, there were things she knew (And, knew them well)....But, there was also parts she didn't.    Briar had trained her and Benton on those (And, forced them to tap into their own pasts for answers)        Clark felt, I would come into my own (Become very knowledgeable)    But, I was young....Still had a long way to go.

My gift, of being a "natural"....Was only going to get me so far.    The larger picture required practice, training....And, time!    I was in the right place, slowly being surrounded by the right people....But, things I was finally facing, were truly going to test me!

Benton glided beside her.

"She's having trouble with him. We may have to go back to square one. Freedom is a wonderful thing. But, not for Ethan. Never for Ethan. Something's wrong. Before he was just dead, had a soul standing beside him...."

Clark nodded..."Yes. I feel it too! A soul needs it's place. Within the body, or with our Heavenly Father. Not slinking around hallways, feeling lost and forgotten!..." Clark suddenly put her hand to her mouth. "Do you think, the Queen made sure his soul could never return?!.."

Benton looked Clarik in the face..."I hope not. That's magic beyond Miss Trinity. And it's Black Cursed magic.   Briar dabbled in that, it made her crazy and rotten. It made her teeth fall out...She showed me.    Oooo!   Very unsightly that..."     Benton suddenly crinkled up his face, shuddered.

Clark looked Benton face on.

"We might have to insist.    Neither one of them are going to like this.      And, I know Trinity will simply just say no!.."     Clark folded her arms.     Benton gave a her a "We-Are-Doing-it!" look.

"Our servants, our guest must see us, in charge.   And unchallengeable.     It is an absolute must!.."      Benton stood to his full height, head high.

~ £€¥ ~

"Trinity. He can't stay awake for the rest of his life. And, he needs a routine...Or something! Look at him. He's dead on his feet (She gave me a poke. I was giggling at her. Ethan's already dead!) Trinity! You know what I mean! Make some rules, give boundaries. If he get's out of hand, crosses a line....Snap him back! I did it for my girls...." Stella had her hands on her hips.

(She was going to make a fine Keeper. I could see it now)

Bell was standing beside her on the left, EB was to the right. The triple-trouble (But, a force for good)

I knew deep down my good friend was right. I turned to Ethan..."Ethan. We need to head down to breakfast, put the book down. Yes! It will be still be here when we return. No one will touch it. I promise!.." I held a hand out, Ethan stood. Looked at my out stretched hand, walked to my side....Looked down at me.

We all trooped into the kitchen, Ethan sat down at the head of the table. Stella went into breakfast-mode. Bell sped to stand beside Stella (Trying to anticipation her every need) EB sat with Ethan, stared at him a minute.

"She's hurt you. I can see it..." EB reached a small hand to him, just touched his fingers.

"Let Trin in. I did with Stella. She looks after me, keeps the dark out. She loves me, Ethan..." EB leaned closer. "Let Trin in, let her inside...Please, Ethan. I don't remember the bitch. I know, once we were something to each other....Ethan, she got me in so much trouble. That ache is still within me....I felt it. Trust me....Okay?..."

EB patted his hand, leaned back. Stella came and sat beside her...EB leaned close to her. Stella kissed her cheek. Bell stayed with me, everything I made/did....Bell fixed it/re-made it. She kept smiling at me! I have to admit, the tea I'd made - looked an odd colour (It wasn't it's standard tea-brown, but tea-back - Very burnt!)

Ethan slumped in his chair, he watched me.    He wanted so bad to just say "help" to me, to let me put my arms around him, hold him close.    But, the sparks, the blackness in his head wouldn't allow it.     It kept reminding him - Scarlett hadn't given her permission.  

I placed all the plates and cups on the table, Bell moved them into a table setting......Stood back.   I offered her a chair (She should sit with us)      Her and Geer were drawn to us, their duties weren't the only things that kept them around.      Geer enjoyed chatting to Ethan (The company made him feel sane)     Bell was just delighted with everything we did. I could also see, even if EB wasn't Exie - She wanted to look after EB as she would've done for Exie.

(She was also a friendly source to EB. Kept her grounded and human)

Both Stella and I had noted, her and Ethan shared the same issues of being not "Humanly-Normal".        They were both dead, had souls in displaced positions.   To never became figures of our nightmares....Was a constant struggle!

(Those two were creatures of the unbelievable.    They needed earthly connections)

I pushed a plate towards Ethan, he touched it to the side....Glanced at the contents, eyes moved to me (He gave me the smallest of smiles)     I grinned back at him.      Bell pour herself a tea, took a sip (She didn't feel hungry, never really had for the last two hundred odd years)      Only ever nibbled at offers of food.

Geer appeared in a chair just beside her (They hooked pinkie fingers together under the table)    Geer took the tea cup from Bell's hand, he had a small sip (Grinned at her. It was just right)

I excused myself, mentioned I needed some jam.    Bell gave me a puzzled look (It was sitting on the table)        I stood at the bench a minute, I pulled the small card from my pocket.      Looked at it in my hand, it was a memory card.      Stella and I used to make them, when we had tests at school.

They helped you remember stuff, like a flash card. Except our's was just one single card....You hold it in your hand, say what you wish to remember - And a word/picture would appear.       I thought it might help Ethan.    I held it tight in my hand (Ethan. I want you to be happy again!)

On my return to the table, breakfast was ending (Ethan hadn't eaten)     Now, he was not only tried, but staving himself!       Stella, gave me a look (Speak-With-Him.    He needs your guidance!)      She then turned to Bell and EB.

"Girls!    The sun is out, all good flowers need some rays..."     Stella stood, EB slipped her arm into Stella's.     Bell gave Geer a wink, and joined the other two.      Geer stood, he cleared the table (He could see, I was about to chat with Ethan)        Something was "with" him, he was slipping away (It was slowly happening, but it was happening before our eyes)

Ethan thought I'd try to make him eat. He hoped I wouldn't tell him off.    He shot looks at Geer (But, Geer had his back to us)     He crossed his arms, frowned at me.     I sat back down, reached for his hand (He flinched, but hooked his fingers into mine)

I got the weirdest shiver down my back.

"Ethan?     What's wrong?   Tell me....Please..."    His hand pulled away, his eyes went to his lap....He slowly shook his head.      I leaned closer, even inched my chair more towards his.    I re-grabbed his hand...."Ethan. Take this.   Look at it.   Okay?.."         Ethan stared at me, his eyes were so deep, and round....And, endless.

I suddenly spooked myself, had a fear of falling down a hole of no bottom.

I wanted to pull him close, and hug him tight.    This was not Ethan.     What did Scarlett do!    God, I wanted to kill her again (Rip her throat right out)       Ethan held the card, looked at it.  He turned it over....Looked at me.      He was trying to show me something. I know he was.

"Not sleeping. Not eating.     We have a problem!     I don't tolerate problems.     I beat them....Till they are no more.    Isn't that right Mr Benton?..."         Clark stood, looked at the three of us (Flicked a look to Benton)     Then, the two were by the table.     Their movements were like a knife through water.

Ethan felt the chains go around his wrists and ankles....The ring around his neck was back.    He stood, glared at Benton and Clark....Gave them a deep throated groan.    He tried to grip the table, I reached for him....Ethan side-stepped me.     He almost fell over, but used a chair for balance.    This was a situation that had played out many times, But Clark and Benton were always two steps ahead.

Geer moved to my side.

"Miss.   You've lost.    Ethan is being reined in.    Choices are good.....But, Ethan has none.   I cleaned my fists (I had this! Dam it!)     But, Ethan was unraveling.     Even I had to admit that.      Something had come back with him, after he woke up.....And, it was eating him alive. I felt sure, I would eventually get to bottom of what was happening to him.

But, now....Others had stepped in.

All I could do now was let Ethan go to Clark and Benton. Geer gave me a small nudge.

"I will be with him Miss. I won't leave him. Clark and Benton know what their doing, they care about him too. We all know something is a miss..." Geer tried to sound comforting. But, nothing at present was going to calm me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 229 59
Before humans were created the Earth we lived in was divided by both light and darkness. One section was divided with darkness and the other half wi...
150 24 12
Forced to marry a king that I've never heard of or met has me in whirlwind.My gut says not to worry at all. My brain tells me otherwise. An then the...
65.1K 3.9K 50
#2 Legally InsanE ...Hope The one thing I've carried in my heart forever shattered when I met the ruin of me , The Raghuvanshi Heir . One dark nigh...