Falling For My Best Friend

By short_grace

What's worse than being a guy in high school who figures out they are gay and they have a crush on another gu... More

Authors Note?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Ending Authors Note
CLARA'S STORY!
Some things to talk about

Chapter 7

44.5K 1.3K 1.1K
By short_grace

Oh my goodness guys I've been obsessed with the new song Who Do You Love? by the Chainsmokers and 5sos like omg I can't get it out of my mind lmao

Anyway just wanted to say that enjoy the chapter!

(Noah's POV)

I was in my bed, attempting to drift off to sleep.

Note: attempting

I couldn't sleep, truthfully. I just couldn't. My mind wouldn't rest. Although I've been having issues sleeping for the past month, but this was for an entirely different reason.

I just couldn't help but wonder what would've happened if I kissed Hunter back.

I mean, fuck why didn't I in the first place?

I've loved Hunter for a while. But when he kissed me, I freaked out. I didn't know what to do. I was overthinking things, as I usually do.

I thought: am I a good kisser? Is this just a dare? Does he actually like me?

Millions of thoughts were running through my head, distracting me from kissing him back. And in the time my mind was occupied, Hunter took that as rejection.

And I didn't want him to take it as rejection. I wanted to date him. I've dreamt about dating him.

Midst my non-sleeping and overthinking state, I heard a knock at my window.

Curious, I got up to inspect it. I pulled back my curtain and there was Hunter, smiling up at me. I opened my window.

"What the fuck are you doing at my window? You know there's a door."

He shrugged. "This seemed cooler."

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you here anyway?"

Hunter looked down at the ground. "Me and you both know we need to talk."

There was a long silence. I didn't really know what to say. What would I say?

"Can you come outside? I really need to talk to you." Hunter looked at me pleadingly.

I swallowed nervously. "Um, sure."

I closed my window and walked to my closet to grab a pair of sweats and some shoes. Of course, I wasn't really wearing anything but boxers. I pulled on sweats and some shoes and I quietly snuck my way out the front door and outside to where Hunter was.

Hunter was standing kind of nervously, though I already knew why. I was nervous too.

I sighed. "Hunter I-"

"I didn't mean to do it." Hunter said quickly, before I could get out my sentence.

I stared at him. "You-what?"

Hunter gulped. "I didn't mean to kiss you. It was like a heat-of-the moment type thing, ya know?"

I didn't know. I was hoping Hunter had kissed me cause he actually liked me. Turns out my hopes were not true. If I said my heart didn't slightly break at that moment, I'd be wrong.

"I mean...yeah. I can see that." I lied.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to. I hope you can forgive me."

I really wanted to kiss him again. "I forgive you, Hunter. It was an accident."

Hunter sighed. "Yeah..."

There was a silence. At this point, I just wanted to get back inside. Maybe cry my insides out, but I would never admit it.

"Alright well, I'll see you tomorrow, Hunter." Without waiting for a reply, I walked back inside.

I closed the door and leant against it. He didn't actually kiss me because he liked me. He did it on accident. It was an accident.

I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. I could feel the tears, but I refused to let them get to me. I walked back into my room and sat down on my bed.

I could tell I wasn't getting any sleep tonight.

~~~

(Hunter's POV)

I had lied.

I knew I lied. I could feel it in my heart, in my soul, in my mind.

Everywhere, every part of my being went against me telling Noah that me kissing him was an accident.

It wasn't an accident, I knew already that I did it on purpose. I wanted to kiss him. But I didn't want him to freak out about me actually wanting to kiss him. I knew he wouldn't be happy about it. He'd be disgusted, for sure. He would never want to talk to me again. And I didn't want that to happen. I couldn't bear it.

It was around eleven when I got home that night. I had expected no one in my house to be awake, but I was apparently wrong.

I tried my best to quietly close the door, which I believe was successful. I stood silently at my front door and sighed. I didn't know what I was going to do about this Noah situation.

"Hunter? Son, what are you doing out so late?"

I jumped at the voice, which was my father's. He didn't sound angry, just curious. That's good.

I slowly turned around to see my dad standing a few feet away from me. The kitchen light was on. telling me he was awake, and probably getting a drink of water when I walked in.

I scratched at the back of my head. "Oh, you know, I was um...out jogging."

My dad looked at me suspiciously. But I knew how to solve this situation.

"I was out jogging for football, dad. Just trying to get in extra good shape for the rest of this season."

That made my dad relax and smile at me. "Well, that's okay, son. Anything to help your football. But please let me or your mother know before you go out at night for that again, okay?"

I nodded, smiling at my dad. "You got it."

My dad smiled at me and turned off the kitchen light before he headed back off to the room he shares with my mom. I sighed when I heard the door shut.

It's not that I don't care about my dad, because I do. But my dad is the kind of guy that played sports well when he was in high school, and wants his son to follow in his footsteps. Brody has already done that, but he told dad he didn't want to continue to do football when he went to college. He told dad he wanted to be an engineer. Dad wasn't very happy about that, but he got over it because he realized he still has another son that can fulfill his dreams.

I know he does it all with good intentions, I know he does. And I love my mom. My mom is your normal housewife. She stays at my dad's side, and when I was little, she used to make all the snacks for my football practices and games. She doesn't do that anymore, though. She stopped doing it when I told her that it started to become embarrassing when she treated me like a baby and made my food. I still love her cooking, though.

I sighed as I made my way to my bedroom, but not before I checked by Brody's room to see if he was asleep. He was, surprisingly. I closed his door and went to my own room, where I sat down on my bed and stared off into the distance.

I probably wasn't getting any sleep tonight.

~~~

I woke up being very tired. I only got like three hours of sleep last night.

I groaned as I heard my door open and saw Brody barging in.

"How did last night go? I cannot believe you didn't tell me. I was here ya know! I want to know all of the details-"

I threw a pillow at his face, which allowed him to shut up. "Be quiet, will you? I didn't get any sleep last night, I have a pounding headache."

Brody scoffed. "Why didn't you get any sleep? Did talking with Noah not go well?"

I sighed, and motioned for Brody to come sit on my bed. He did so, and stared at me, patiently waiting for me to tell him all about my mistakes.

"I...um, I told him that I kissed him on accident." I said it so quietly, even I could barely hear it. But Brody heard it, and gave me a bewildered look.

"Why in the hell would you do that?" I looked at him for a moment, considering what I could say so that he would understand me.

"I couldn't tell him the truth, Brody. He would freak out, and be disgusted with me. I couldn't allow that to happen. If that happened, I don't even know what I'd do."

Brody sighed. "What did he say to it?"

"He said that it was okay, and that he forgave me. I'm really glad he did that, if he didn't forgive me I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

Brody seemed to think, before he said, quietly, "What do you feel about it?"

I didn't really know how to respond. If I was talking to anyone other than Brody, I would've concealed all of my feelings. But I was talking to my brother, the one who has been there for me through everything. So I decided to be honest with him.

"Honestly? I really want to kiss him again. I don't...I don't know what I'm going to do now."

I put my face in my hands, and Brody put a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. For now, what you do is just pretend everything is normal. You said Noah forgave you, right? Then, he will want things to be normal. Just act as you usually would."

I looked up at Brody and smiled. "Thank you, bro."

He smiled back at me. "Now, let's get you up. I know you want to see Noah at school today. You know you would regret not going." He laughed as he left my room. I reluctantly decided to get up.

I'll go to school and see Noah. I won't be able to kiss him, but I'll be able to see him at least. I can deal with that, for now.

~~~

Guys, this is the longest chapter I've ever written. Wow!

Anyway, this chapter took me some time to write, but I hope you guys like the story. It may or may not be going in the direction you think it will ;)

Qotc: Do you prefer playing video games or hanging out with friends?

Aotc: tbh, I love playing video games. But I also like hanging out with my friends. I just don't hang out with my friends much, cause they are always so busy.

I hope you all liked this chapter!

Bye fellow Wattpadians!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 2.8K 16
(Re-written and revamped from the original, which was initially submitted for the 2020 Open Novella Contest.) Growing up in a small town in rural New...
290K 14.7K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...
34.4K 1.5K 38
*THIS STORY IS UNDER COMPLETE RECONSTRUCTION.* Prickly, sarcastic, self-aware Austin is roped into a risky dare by his best friend that leads to one...
109K 4.3K 26
Evan Jakes is 5'6, 18 years old and a closeted gay. It seems that every day is on a constant repeat. That is until one day Evan ends up in a situat...