Without You

By AshlynPope

Aubrey Wilson has the heart of an angel. As the type of person to always trust in others, she's admirable to... More

Introduction
Prologue
Part 1 "Holy snickerdoodles"
Part 2 "Watch out for the devil."
Part 3 "5'0? No that can't be right, I'm 5'1"
Part 4 "Why the hell are you in school?"
Part 5 "What is wrong with me?"
Part 6 "Liam likes to think his shit doesn't stink"
Part 7 "Father, forgive Chris for he knows not what he does"
Part 8 "He was obviously just looking to frickle-frackle"
Part 9 "He is a very healthy human being"
Part 10 "So what's it like having Luke Taylor as your baby daddy?"
Part 11 "Fuck it, this class doesn't give me any useful credits anyway"
Part 12 "You really don't know anything"
Part 13 "Why? Jealous?"
Part 14 "I could be a professional ninja if I wanted to"
Part 15 "I need a vomit bucket"
Part 16 "Just trust me"
Part 17 "Heartbreaking reality"
Part 18 "I'm going to beat his ass!"
Part 19 "Why is my pillow hugging me?"
Part 20 "That's my butt"
Part 21 "Sorry, I have to watch out for your cooties"
Part 22 "Does a detention go on my record?"
Part 23 "I'll call child protective services"
Part 24 "Pay attention to me"
Part 25 "You're gonna regret that"
Part 26 "Can we get a new waiter? This one sucks"
Part 27 "I don't want to talk to you"
Part 28 "How could he do such a thing?"
Part 29 "I'll never get it back"
Part 30 "Did you just call me a bratty little kid?"
Part 31 "Is he on crack?"
Part 32 "Wait, that sounded bad"
Part 33 "I'm not a violent person"
Part 34 "I'm much better at punching people than talking"
Part 35 "Suck it up buttercup"
Part 36 "Family Feud"
Part 37 "All you care about is yourself!"
Part 38 "The good feeling"
Part 39 "Something bad happened"
Part 40 "She was beautiful"
Part 41 "Losing"
Epilogue
Sequel Chapter 1 "Sometimes it's better to be selfish"
Sequel Chapter 2 "I'm selfish"
Sequel Chapter 3 "The Truth"
Sequel Chapter 4 "Heartbreak is an everyday occurrence"
Sequel Chapter 5 "Amen sister"
Sequel Chapter 6 "I'd do you too"
Sequel Chapter 7 "Another vomit bucket"
Sequel Chapter 8 "The sour to his Skittle"
Sequel Chapter 10 "My cuddle buddy"
Sequel Chapter 11 "You look panicked, sir"
Sequel Chapter 12 "Happy anniversary"
Sequel Chapter 13 "I promise to always feed you"
Sequel Chapter 14 "What the hell are you doing here?"
Sequel Chapter 15 "Blink if he's holding you against your will"
Sequel Chapter 16 "Sucks to suck"
Final Epilogue "Without You"

Sequel Chapter 9 "A good bone"

401K 7.9K 42.9K
By AshlynPope

*AUBREY'S POV*

His back lays against my chest, his head on my shoulder.

I would've never imagined myself in this position a year ago.

"Sing to me, darlin'," his deep voice rumbles.

A small giggle escapes my lips and he turns his head, kissing my neck. I look over at him and search his face.

His damp hair falls onto his forehead and I raise my arm out of the water, moving it back. Bubbles from the bath we're in fall off my arm and onto his face eliciting another giggle from me.

His nose crinkles and I fawn over how gorgeous he is.

How'd I get so lucky?

Last time I checked, before moving to Virginia, I hadn't even kissed a guy before. I'd gone on a couple dates but I had always felt there was no spark.

With Luke, the spark is never-ending.

"Are you guys almost done in there?" Eli's voice travels through the bathroom door.

"Go fuck yourself," Luke replies and I gasp at his horrible choice of language.

"I don't know how to work the toaster, I need Aubrey's help!" he whines.

"Why don't you stick a fork in it and see if it works then?" Another gasp leaves my lips.

"That'll work?" Eli questions genuinely.

"No Eli! Don't do that!" I rush out and Luke chuckles into my neck.

"Oh okay. I'll be waiting in the kitchen then, just hurry, my stomach is growling really loudly, I think it's scaring Aiden," he replies and I hear his footsteps as he walks away from the door.

I lean my head back against the towel placed against the edge of the tub and I close my eyes for a quick second.

College is a lot of work.

Luke clears his throat.

"I'm waiting to hear your voice, please," he reminds me and I search my brain for a song to satisfy his needs.

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yar-" Luke's hand gently pinches the inside of my thigh and I thrash, a loud laugh escaping my lips.

I poke his side and he thrashes just as I did but this time, his large body sends some water out of the large bathtub and onto the floor.

"Okay, okay," I calm down my laughter and really think about a song.

I softly sing next to him and his breathing calms against me. I sing all the words I remember to "All of Me" by John Legend, the cheesiest song I can think of to sing to him.

"Fuck," he curses softly.

"What's wrong?" I kiss his cheek gently.

"I want to marry you so bad."

A blush rises on my cheeks and he smirks tiredly.

At the young ages of eighteen and nineteen, he and I had discussed that now is too soon. Although he didn't like that factor, he understood it.

He's very eager. He's been eager ever since I've known him about everything he wants to happen.

When he wants something, he wants it right then.

"You're beautiful, I love you," he says, sitting up straight from his leaned back position against my bare chest.

He turns around and pulls me onto his lap. He smirks down at me and he stands. Water drips from the two of us back into the water and he steps out of the bathtub.

He connects our lips passionately and all the assignments I have due soon leave my mind and I solely focus on him.

He pulls away, gently pulling my bottom lip with his teeth and he presses his forehead against mine.

"You're my favorite person in the world, don't forget it," his hand smacks my butt and I gasp. He connects our lips once more before setting me on the ground and wrapping a towel around me.

He grabs a towel of his own and he wraps it around his waist. I can never keep my eyes off his toned stomach, even after being with him for almost a year.

He knows it too.

After getting changed into our clean clothes and Luke putting a towel over my head and roughly drying my hair like a maniac as he does with his own, I open the bathroom door, somewhat dizzy from what he'd just done.

He and I walk into the living room and both Aiden and Eli look back at us, their eyes widening.

"Wow, Aubrey," Eli chuckles, "I love the poodle look."

Luke snorts from behind me and I look in the reflection of the microwave once I enter the kitchen.

My hair is extremely poofed out from Luke's attempt at drying my hair and well, it looks poodle-ish.

I let out a groan directed at Luke and I take the hair tie from my wrist and put my poofy hair into a poofy bun.

I walk to the island where the three guys sit, staring at the toaster.

"It says 'turn the knob to the setting you want'," Aiden sets down what I assume to be the directions to the toaster and he rubs his temples in confusion.

"I don't know what I want!"

"Goddammit, Eli!" Aiden shouts back.

"What are you trying to fix?" I question him and he lifts up a piece of bread.

"Do you want it to be barely toasted, golden, slightly brown, brown, or burnt?" I question and he thinks for a second.

"What's the difference between golden and slightly brown?" he asks and Luke rolls his eyes.

"Think about it like a cookie. When you bake cookies, you want to take them out when they hit that golden color around the edges, right?" I explain to him and he closes his eyes, imagining a perfectly cooked cookie.

"Oh yes," he nods.

"Do you want it looking like that?" I ask and he nods.

I pick up the toaster and I turn the knob so that it's right in between the two and the one.

"Luke, you've got the best girlfriend. She knows everything," Eli places his bread into the toaster and Aiden mutters a quiet 'Hallelujah".

_____________________

It's been a couple weeks since Luke's first home game but I still can't get use to the size of the crowds.

Thousands of people fill the stadium and of course, I'm not used to it. Loud people screaming from behind me and even some guys with their shirts off, showing their support with red and white body paint.

Luke still plays as wonderful as ever, being the starting quarterback as a freshman.

Although, sitting in the stands does make me a tad lonely. In high school, I would always have Izzy and Olivia by my side but here, I don't.

Of course, that doesn't stop me from showing my support for him.

Even for his away games, I have mini parties in my dorm, watching his games live on my computer and always sour skittles waiting for him when he gets back home.

I really need a friend.

I love hanging out with Luke, Eli, and Aiden, I really do but, it's not the same as having a girl friend.

I focus my attention back on the wild game in front of me against Vanderbilt.

A smile spreads across my face as Luke releases the ball from his hands, sending it down the field.

A large player decked out in all white except for the number and name of his school on his jersey, rushes towards Luke who stands, watching his pass as it travels down the field.

My eyes widen as the guy, larger in weight, gets closer to Luke.

The guy slams into Luke, sending both of them to the ground.

Loud sounds of anger are heard throughout the stadium at the late hit and I stand from my seat in an attempt to see over the tall guy in front of me.

I just don't want him hurt.

Luke isn't tackled often. The defense is very good and the times he is tackled, it's rare. It's either when he's forced to run with the ball, not seeing a receiver open, or there's a hole in the defense.

But this tackle, from a very big guy, was late and not fair.

Teammates of Luke's rush out and yank up the Vanderbilt player. Luke sends him a good shove and another flag is thrown, this time at Luke's actions.

That also should not be fair in my opinion but hey, not all rule makers are smart.

At getting the touchdown, Luke walks off the field and onto the sidelines anyway but from the way his body language is as he does it, I can tell he's not a happy camper.

With only a minute left in the game, Luke doesn't go back out and I even catch sight of a team physician bending down beside him on the bench.

At least they won.

__________________

I return to my dorm after barely being able to get out of the stadium parking lot.

It is much, much worse traffic after a college game than a high school game.

That's part of the reason why I can't meet Luke after his games are over. There's always reporters and interviewers right outside the locker rooms and there's no way in the world I would want to even be slightly a part of all that football talk.

It doesn't bother me of course, because I know that he'll come straight here as soon as he gets the chance to leave.

"Did they win?" Blair asks, opening the door to our room, a shopping bag in her hand.

"Yep," I answer with a smile.

"Of course they did. I don't even know why I asked," she smirks.

Before Luke gets back, I decide it's best to take a shower. Usually, when he gets back, he likes to cuddle and most times I fall asleep.

After taking a nice, long, warm shower, I put on a pair of yoga pants and a tank top. I look around the room noticing an absence.

Blair must've gone out partying again.

I open up my computer and get to work on an assignment that's due on Monday.

Just as I'm turning it in early, Luke's recognizable strong knock sounds on my door. A smile gathers on my face in excitement as I jump down from my bed and go to the door.

My smile widens when I pull open the door but it falters when my eyes meet his unhappy face. He walks past me into the room, not bothering to kiss me like usual.

I close the door softly, not wanting to wake anyone up from across the hall just in case someone was sleeping.

I walk up to Luke who sits on my bed and I glance up at him.

"Are you okay?" I question softly noticing his face still angry.

"I'm fine," he snaps and I recoil away from his harsh tone. 

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure. I got worried when that guy hit you lat-"

"Fuck, Aubrey. I said I'm fine, stop talking about it," his voice raises and I shrink down hearing him curse at me.

I just wanted to see if he was okay.

I clear my throat, covering up my hurt and I look around the room in an attempt to find something to distract myself with.

I see a crooked paper on my desk so I begin to move away from Luke's side. He reaches down and grabs my arm but I pull it from him.

"Babe," he starts but when I turn away, he knows I'm ignoring him.

I fix the paper on my desk and anything else I feel needs straightening up.

His strong arms place themselves on my desk and his front presses against my back, caging me between him and my desk.

"I'm sorry, beautiful."

I don't respond at his apology, not completely forgiving him.

"I'm just frustrated at the situation, not at you," he leaves a soft kiss on my neck.

"You weren't very kind," I mumble and he gently turns my body around in his arms.

"I know. He broke my finger," he holds out his hand and I recognize his broken pointer finger, with no cast or popsicle stick holding it in place.

"Where's your cast?"

"I don't need one, I'm fine," he says again and annoyance fills me.

Why does he have to be too stubborn to put a cast on his finger?

"Still upset?" he questions and I just give him a look. His strong hands grip my waist and he picks me up and sits me on my desk.

"I'll make it up to you," he kisses my lips.

He bends down and gets on his knees. I watch in confusion as he grips my pants. He sends a dirty, lustful look up at me and he takes my pants and my underwear off all at once.

My eyes widen in realization as he grips my hips, pulling me closer to the edge of my desk.

Oh, wow. 

____________________

Luke pulls away from me, his lips red and swollen.

I catch my breath from what he just put me through and my head rolls over to glance at the clock beside my bed.

4:38 a.m

A small gasp escapes my lips.

He has to wake up from practice in an hour and a half and I have class not too long after.

After doing sex thrice, which brings a blush to my cheeks as I think about it, there's no way I'll be able to stay awake as the day goes on.

"I love you," Luke presses a kiss against my forehead before pulling one of his shirts over my bare torso.

"I love you too," I kiss his cheek and he slips his boxers back on before laying down and pulling me to him.

"Pray with me," I whisper to him.

After what just occurred, three and a half times, we need a moment of Jesus time.

He chuckles into my neck. His large hands engulf mine and he holds them up to his chest as we both close our eyes and recite prayers of our own.

Once we've finished, I nestle my face into his neck and fall asleep.

Maybe three minutes pass, or at least that's what it feels like, and I'm being shaken awake.

I groggily look over at Luke, my eyes burning with tiredness and he hardly holds his eyes open he's so tired.

"Baby, tell me that's not the alarm," his deep, husky morning voice questions and I look over at our blaring clock.

It's definitely the alarm.

When I don't answer him, he groans into my shoulder before rolling over top of me, literally with all his weight, and he lands with a thud on his feet, wobbling like a drunk.

I watch him with barely opened eyes as he opens my dresser drawer and picks out clothes for me to wear.

"Come on," he walks back to where I'm laying and I let out a whine in disapproval.

He removes the covers from my body and he gently lifts me into his arms.

"I want to sleep," I hold out my arms toward my bed.

"Shower, love," he mutters, walking us into my bathroom. He sits me on the toilet and I train my eyes on his toned, muscular thighs as he walks out the room before returning with both of our clothes to put on after showering.

"Stop looking at me like that or I swear to god I don't care if I have to tell Coach I'm sick, or how tired I am, we're doing it again," he grabs my chin, tilting it up to his face making sure I see how serious he is.

I'm so tired, Luke has to help me wash my hair. I could barely hold my arms up long enough to massage my own scalp.

It doesn't help that the shower is so cozy and warm.

I lean my head up against the side of the shower, just resting my eyes for a second while Luke grabs us both a towel.

He wraps the fluffy towel around me, leading me out of the shower and I nearly fall onto the bathroom floor to sleep.

"We're never doing that again," I mumble, blinking my eyes rapidly in an attempt to wake myself up more.

"Let's not go that far. Only on the weekends," he decides and I don't have to energy to speak any longer.

The two of us lazily get dressed and he carries me to the small fridge Blair and I have in our room.

Apparently, he manages his energy better than I do.

"You need food," he decides, bending down and taking me on what feels like a roller coaster ride.

We return to my bed and he sets me down on it before coming and sitting beside me. He tucks me into his side.

With my head on his shoulder, he brings the spoonful of delicious strawberry yogurt to my mouth. Then he gets another spoonful and puts it in his own.

I've never been so tired in my whole entire life.

After eating, he holds me up with one arm as he takes off the bedsheets for two reasons. One, so that I won't go back to sleep after he leaves, and two, a lot happened on those last night.

Once the sheets are off, he sets me back on my bed and looks down at me.

"I've gotta go," he combs his fingers through my wet hair, getting it out of my face.

"Be careful, please. And do something with your finger," I mention his swollen and heavily bruised finger that I can tell doesn't feel very good at all considering he's barely moved it since he told me what happened.

He rolls his eyes tiredly and he places his arms down on the bed to the sides of where I'm sitting. His head moves and rests in my neck so I wrap my arms around his neck. 

The door to my room opens and Luke gives the place right under my ear a slow, soft kiss before pulling away.

"Love you, baby," he leans down once more, pressing his lips against my forehead.

"Aw, you two make me want to have a relationship. But I won't," she chuckles, jumping up on her bed.

Luke goes and picks up his keys and Blair just looks at me, a smirk on her face.

"Luke?" she calls out and he turns his attention to her as he opens the door to our room.

"Tell some of your teammates about me, will you?" he shakes his head with a chuckle.

"I'll be sure to," he gives me a wink before exiting the room and closing the door behind him.

"I know that look," Blair laughs loudly, "ya'll have been up all night, huh?"

"...I don't know what you're talking about."

____________________

*LUKE'S POV*

"Tell me what love is like," Eli sighs as we do our stretches. I do mine lazily.

"What?" I chuckle tiredly.

Why would he want to know that?

"I would love to know your perspective on what love is like as well so please, tell us what love is like," Aiden ushers and I roll my eyes.

"Why don't you start, Aiden? I know you know what love is like, right?" I question innocently.

If I'm being honest, I'm too exhausted to express love and how I feel towards my love. She's too perfect to be put into words that express what I feel towards her.

"You've been in love?" Eli asks, his eyes widened.

"Oh yes," Aiden nods, "let me tell you, love is a bitch."

I actually feel bad for Aiden which is new for me, I don't feel bad for his stupid ass or Eli's often.

He was cheated on in high school and damn if he isn't constantly pissed about it; and at the girl that did it.

"For me, love was nothing like Luke and Aubrey. We weren't all over each other-"

"We're not all over each other," I interrupt him by shoving his arm away from his legs that he's stretching.

"Shit, you're right; you're all over her," he corrects and I narrow my eyes at his head but he keeps on going.

"I felt- she and I- well, I don't know," he gives up and Eli whines.

"For me, love means that I can go home into her arms and forget about all the dumbasses that get on my nerves. She's my favorite person who I tell everything to and I don't have to worry about her judging me. I would do anything for her," I pick a piece of grass as they listen in on me.

I could go on and on but I don't think they'd want to hear it all because quite frankly, it's a lot.

"But it's different for everybody," I clear my throat awkwardly, looking everywhere but at them.

"Yeah, I definitely didn't feel like that with Sarah," Aiden nods.

"I want that, you know?" Eli mumbles, looking down at the grass.

"Well when you find it, you know won't know it until it suddenly hits you like a ton of bricks," I assure him.

I went from 'fuck, she's sexy,' to 'shit, she's pretty.' Then, 'holy moly,' because she'll get mad at me for cursing, 'she's gorgeous,' to 'I can't believe how beautiful she is,' and finally, I can't describe how perfectly gorgeous inside and out she is; there are no words to.

It's crazy how fast I went from having a child-like crush on her to loving her with everything in me.

"Wait, Eli, keep asking him questions, he's being nice right now," Aiden motions for Eli to go on and Eli shakes his hands in the air, trying to come up with a question.

"Um, um, um, oh! I've got one! Is it better having sex with someone you love than with someone you just met?" he rushes out.

"Yes, now stop talking about sex," I warn him.

After our game yesterday, practice wasn't absolutely crazy. I still struggled through I considering how tired I was but I tried my best to hide it.

___________________

Freshly showered and still feeling like I haven't slept a single minute, I, unfortunately, show up to class.

Nina, the girl who has sat herself beside me since the first day, stares at the side of my face all class preventing two things.

One, I can't sleep with her so openly staring at me and two, she prevents me from being comfortable.

Beginning to get fed up, being easily aggravated from my lack of sleep, I roll my head over to her and openly stare back, a blank expression on my face.

"I can feel you staring at me, just in case you didn't know," I grumble and she turns flustered.

"You're just really handsome," she mutters and I turn my attention to the professor.

Really? My girlfriend thinks so too, what a small world.

"There's a party that my sorority sisters and I are throwing at the old Alpha Kappa Psi house," she whispers, leaning closer so I can hear her over the professor's loud talking.

The only party I enjoy and would like to go to involves Aubrey, me, sour skittles, and a movie.

I've never been a huge fan of parties. In high school, of course before meeting Aubrey, I would go to parties but that doesn't mean I enjoyed them.

"I don't party," I give her the satisfaction of an answer.

"While everyone else is partying, maybe you could help me with some work for this class. I've noticed you know what you're doing in here," she keeps her arm rested against mine and I look up at the clock, wanting to leave this class like, now.

I want Aubrey.

"I'm busy," I deadpan, moving my arm away from hers.

A whole agonizing thirty-five minutes later of Nina talking my ear off while I ignore her and focus on what the damn professor is talking about, class ends.

"That's all for today," he ends and I shoot up from my seat. I get my shit together and Nina stands at my side.

"Are you not interested in me or something?" she snorts likes it's crazy for someone to not like her and I feel like banging my head against a wall until I knock myself out.

"Look," I sigh, "I've got a girlfriend. A girlfriend who I love and I don't party. I'm sorry if you're struggling in class but maybe if you focused a little more on the professor, you wouldn't be. I can't tutor you, I'm sure you can find someone else to," I tell her as calmly as possible before walking out the class.

Why is it that people think I don't have a girlfriend? We walk the halls together when we can, and I hold her hand everywhere we go.

I'd want people to know about us. Why hide how much I love her?

Walking to her classroom, I catch sight of her cute, tired little self as she stumbles over the little step at the exit of her class. Her phone drops out of her hand and a beautiful pout reaches her lips.

A random dude bends down and picks it up for her and in my exhausted state, which causes feelings to be amplified, I narrow my eyes at the guy's head.

Yeah, he's just helping her, whatever.

I make it to her and although she's more tired than ever, her beautiful face morphs into a smile when she sees me.

She extends her empty hand and I grab ahold of it, bringing it to my lips as we walk away from her class.

_____________________

"A girl wanted me to hang out with her. She invited me to a sorority party," I inform her and she nods from her standing position in front of me as I sit on my bed.

"And I told her I have you," I pull her down to me and pepper kisses all over her pretty face.

Her heavenly giggles fill the room and she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Yesterday, a guy told me I would be a good bone. I don't know what that meant but I said thank you-"

A deep glare settles on my face and she coils back.

"I'm sorry, I don't want you to be mad at me," she mumbles, fiddling with her dainty fingers.

I grab ahold of her fingers and I bring them up to my lips.

Who just goes up to a woman and says to their face 'you'd be a good bone', especially to my woman.

"No, no gorgeous. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at the fucker who told you that," I hold her as close to me as possible.

"So it's something bad?" Her head tilts and I fawn over her.

"Yes, but I'll take care of it," I push her down on my bed and lay beside her.

"Okay," she whispers tiredly.

"Sleep, darlin'."

"Are you going to sleep?" Her soft voice reaches my ears.

"Mhm," I hum and she moves her head off my chest to look at me.

The Bahama blues I love so much sparkle up at me and a small smile reaches my face.

"Come here," she scoots away and opens her arms.

My heart trips excitedly and I scoot down, laying my head on her chest.

Her fingers find their way into my hair and I feel like I'm in heaven.

"You're so sweet," she places her soft lips on the side of my head, still running her hands over my scalp.

"We've got to go to grandma's tomorrow. Dad wants to talk to us," I mumble.

"Okay," she whispers, "now sleep."

___________________

*AUBREY'S POV*

"What would you do if I told you I met someone?" Eli questions me as I fix the grilled cheese he pleaded for me to make for him before we leave to go to Ella's house. 

"I would say 'Oh my goodness, Eli! I'm happy you have met someone, maybe you two can be friends!' why?" I reply and he chuckles.

"I mean like, meet someone I like-like. Relationship wise maybe," he mumbles the last part and I squeal. 

I take the finished grilled cheese off the pan and I throw it onto a plate. I run over to Eli and hug his torso. 

"I'm very excited, can you tell?" I hold him away at arm's length, smiling up at him. 

"Who is it? Is she our age? Does she go here? Lucas!!" I shout. 

He just needs to be apart of this. 

"No! He'll call me a loser-"

"Yes, love?" Luke mumbles, walking into the kitchen shirtless and rubbing his eyes from the third nap he's taken today.

I hold out my arms for him and he walks into my embrace. 

"Okay Eli, continue," I pull away from Luke, although he's still clinging to me, and focus my attention back on Eli.

"But Luke will make fun of me," he grumbles childishly and Luke snorts.

"Luke," I point up at him, "don't make fun of him. Eli, if he makes fun of you, make fun of him back, now please, I want to hear it all," I wiggle my hands excitedly. 

"So, I met a girl," he bites his lip, holding back a smile and I awe, nudging Luke continuously. 

See, Luke's not making fun of him. 

"Her name is Lorraine."

Silence is heard for a few seconds before Luke throws his head back and lets out a deep, gorgeous laugh. 

Now, considering Eli has been through quite the...relationship with Loryn, hearing that the girl's name is Lorraine makes me a little curious. 

"If you keep having fake girlfriends, no one will ever want to date you," Luke recovers and Eli's mouth drops open. 

"Bless your heart, Eli."

"She is real! She's a real person, I swear!" Eli crosses his arms.

"I believe you, Eli! I'm happy for you! He's just mean sometimes," I elbow Luke's side as he laughs into his hands. 

"Thank you boo-boo. See Luke, some people are nice. You two are so opposite it's ridiculous," Eli throws the roll of paper towels at Luke. 

Just as Luke is about to retaliate in a probably more painful way, two small knocks are heard on the door. 

It can't be Aiden since every time he comes here he bangs on the door like a whole maniac until someone opens it and gives him attention. 

The first time he did that when I was here, I thought someone was trying to come in and murder us all but nope, it was just Aiden on the other side of the door, with a big smile on his face. 

"I'll get it," I say since I'm closest to the door. 

After tripping over Eli's strewn out shoes, I finally get ahold of the door handle. I pull it open and am greeted by a pretty red-haired girl. 

Before I can say anything, she speaks up. 

"Does Luke Taylor live here? I was told he does," she speaks quickly in a demanding tone and I find myself shrink down under her scrutinizing gaze. 

I hear a snap behind me and I look to where Eli and Luke stand, out of the view of the girl in the doorway.

The two of them make wild hand gestures and Eli throws his hands near Luke's bare chest like a showgirl that's showing off a new car on a game show. 

I furrow my eyebrows and Luke pushes Eli into the island to get him to stop. 

'I. Don't. Live. Here," Luke mouths word for word, slowly.

He wants me to lie.

I turn back to the stranger and give her a hesitant smile as I prepare myself to lie. I take a deep breath and fiddle with my fingers. 

"He loesn't dive here," I tell her before smacking my forehead, I can tell Luke's doing the same, "I mean, he doesn't live here."

She looks at me like she totally doesn't believe me and I internally whine. 

"Do you think I'm stupid?" she looks at me not-so-happily and I find myself not knowing what to do. 

"Excuse me, hello," Eli comes up beside me and I sigh in relief. 

"First of all, look at her like she's the scum of the earth one more time and I'll unleash my deadly bulldog, Rosco, on you and his friend, Leo, who just so happens to be the devil," he points at her with narrowed eyes.

"Who do you think you ar-"

"Second of all, I wasn't finished. Third of all, what's your name?" he questions her. 

"Nina," she glares.

"Oh, hello Nina! How's your mother and them? I'm just kidding, I don't care," he flips his invisible long hair, "fourth of all, Luke doesn't live here, isn't that right, Luke?" 

I smack my forehead again and he covers his mouth. 

"That's a different Luke who I'm talking to right now. His name is Luka Davidson or sum'," Eli shrugs, pretty much making his situation worse. 

"Okay, you know what? Ya'll two can't lie for shit," Luke comes in between us, now with a shirt on.

"Nina, what do you want?" he sighs and a small smile erupts onto her face. 

Eli grabs my arm and he drags me back to the kitchen. I watch the two as they interact, with the front door open wider than what I had it opened it to.

"Don't worry boo-boo," he throws an arm over my shoulders, "he'll get rid of her."

If there's one thing I dislike about having a very handsome boyfriend, it's the girls that drool after him. 

"Nina, I'm not helping you study, or coming to the party. I've already told you this now don't come back-"

"But what if you didn't have a girlfriend?" she raises an eyebrow with a suggestive smile and my mouth drops open a little bit. 

That must be the girl that asked him yesterday if he could go to her sorority party. 

Luke doesn't say anything, he just shuts the door in her face. 

He turns away from the door and walks over to me. He picks me up with one arm from the stool and I'm thrown over his shoulder. 

I wave goodbye to Eli and he gives me a big wink followed by the wiggling of his eyebrows. 

Luke sets me down on the bed and he climbs on top of me, placing his chin on my shoulder and his forehead on my cheek. He throws his long legs over me and his hand grabs my other cheek. 

He peppers my cheek with kisses and whispers sweet words into my ear when I turn into him and wrap my arms around him. 

"I love you so much, I don't think you realize," he kisses my forehead, "you're so damn sweet," he moves his lips to my cheek, "and you're my beautiful girl," he squeezes my cheeks together, puckering my lips before kissing them. 

He pulls away and I just look at him with a small smile.

I don't think he realizes how much I love him

____________________

|
|
|
|
| Okay, okay. I know, this chap didn't have the all 'drama' I was talking about. I couldn't add it because the story would have been over 9,000 words and that's too much in my opinion. Basically, this one is just a filler and I updated early so hopefully, that makes up for it. Hopefully Sequel Chapter 10 will be up early too. So, with that being said, expect drama to be in the next chapter lol.

Thank you for reading! And I swear some of ya'lls comments crack me up.

Word count: 6002

       -Ashlyn M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 10.2K 87
[COMPLETED] "That wasn't very nice, was it princess?" He asked in a husky voice and I stuttered, trying to form words but failing. His lips leaned i...
1.2M 45.5K 37
The rewritten version is on my account: Accidental Roommate (NEW). You can read this version but, just be warned, it is the 1st draft. Expect plothol...
512K 12.3K 51
Famous NFL quarterback Tate Adam's loves living his single life. Being able to do what he wants when he wants. But when a fire takes down the buildin...
280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...