The Wife Hunter

By Luna_Vae

" If you really love her, nothing in this world will stop you from being with her. " ... More

Author's Note
GRAPHICS!!! 💖💖💖
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
The Wife Hunter Contestants
Chapter 9
The Big Apple
Had I Just Embarrassed Myself?
Falling For You
Going Home First
A Cup of Coffee?
Dress To Impress - Part 1
Dress To Impress - Part 2
Meant to Be
We're Not Done Yet
Spice Things Up
The Lotus
Burn it
Messed Up
Dealing with Drama
Cocktail Challenge
Unexpected
Moving on-Part 1
Moving on- Part 2
What The Hell?
Like A Candy Wrapper
A Date?
Rewrite The Stars
Some Cream Cheese and Stupidity
For Her Sake
How To Help
Solving Problems
Good News and...Bad News?
Want a Smoothie?
At Its Finest
Taking Care Of Shit-Part 1
Taking Care Of Shit-Part 2
Close To Me
By Hook Or Crook
And The Winner Is...
The Next Chapter
Back At It Again-Part 1
Back At It Again-Part 2
Don't You Ever Leave Me
It's Not Over Yet
Epilogue
Playlist

Polish and Painting

1.6K 94 3
By Luna_Vae

Allison's POV :

Ah finally! The comforts of the couch! I really want some sleep, especially after all this drama. In two days, we've lost three contestants.

When they said the challenge was postponed, I don't know why I felt dissapointment. I'm supposed to feel happy that I'm still competing. But I guess I just want things to be over.

If I win, I want to saviour the victory slowly and happily. If I lose though, I want to move on fast. I don't want to mourn over something for so long. What about my normal life?

The life where I'm poor? Where I must take care of my brother? Where I must juggle work and school? Looking back, I really do see the changes in me since I entered The Wife Hunter.

I'm used to riches. I've lived days where I have to do nothing. I've found love when I was trying to avoid it.

Kane is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I really love him but I'm afraid to expose our relationship. What if we win and suddenly we're so close? I'm sure everyone will notice that.

That's if I win.

According to the rules and regulations, Kane is the person who will determine the winner. Of course, it's his wife. I feel like a fish in a market, waiting to be bought.

" Hey Allison... "

Hope entered the living room with two bowls of ice cream. She handed one to me and sat on the sofa across me. When I look at her, I felt so jealous. Her short blond hair was combed perfectly. She had a slim yet curvy figure. She had this cute little girl attitude. Anyone would want to date her.

" Thanks for the ice cream. "

" It's okay. Hey, I just wanted to say, no matter who wins, I really hope we can remain friends. "

" Of course. This may be a competition, but I've met some wonderful friends here... "

"...And made some pathetic enemies. I heard what Anna said to you. "

" We've never went along even though we've studied together for six years. "

" I don't like her too. Who knew she would cheat on Kane? It was like Tony was a backup plan. "

" Playing with emotions like that. I know Tony is supposed to be Kane's competitor, but I felt bad for him. He thought he had found true love. "

" Hmm... Allison, do you really love Kane? "

She asked, eyeing me curiously. Well, what should I say? I can't say I love him so much, that will bring up suspicion. Saying that I hate him isn't an option as well. If I hate him I can't possibly compete to be his wife.

" Well?... "

" I do have a crush on Kane. I mean like, who wouldn't. I don't mind if he's rich or poor. Handsome or ugly. I just like him for... Him. You know? "

" Yep. "

Suddenly, the doors of the mansion suddenly opened. Mr and Mrs Hamilton came in with cameramen behind them. They came right at us, immediately barking out orders.

" Girls, we're doing a 'Get To Know Our Finalist' episode. Therefore, we'll be doing a short interview for each of you. We'll start with Hope. Allison, wait at the kitchen. We'll call you once we're done with Hope. "

I nodded at Mr Hamilton. My feet brought me to the kitchen. I went to the fridge and filled up my bowl with more ice cream then sat down to enjoy it.

My phone buzzed, signalling that someone was messaging me. Obviously it was Kane. I looked at his messages before texting back.

Kane : Hey

Kane : Have they started the interview yet?

Allison : Hi. They're doing an interview with Hope. I'm next.

Kane : Good luck. I know you can do it.

Allison : Of course I can do it but can I succeed?

Kane : I got you. You'll win for sure Allison. You should know that by now.

Allison : Yeah... I just can't believe this. How far I've come.

Kane : Neither could I. You taught me love, Allison. I'll be forever in debt with you for that.

Allison : And I'll be forever in debt with you for loving me as much as I love you.

" Allison, you're up! "

Oh, I better go! I had no time to tell Kane, so I sent him a voice message saying that I'm going to the interview. I placed my phone in my pocket as I got into the living room. Hope was heading to the kitchen and smiled at me. I smiled back.

I took my seat across Mr and Mrs Hamilton. This is it. I'm ready. I'm ready to win the competition and be married. I'm ready to finally live a happy life.

" Miss Allison Brooke. Shall we start the interview? "

" We shall. "

" Alright. Let's start with an easy question. Why did you participate in The Wife Hunter? "

Because I want money. I want your money. I didn't say that though.

" I have always admired Kane Hamilton from the news and magazines that write about him. A guy who is determined to reach the top, a man who is everything a human should be. Nice, caring, hardworking... "

" Next question, which competitor do you like the most? "

" Theresa Williams. She's a wonderful friend. "

" Ah, Miss Williams. She left at episode 1 right? "

" Yes. "

My mind drifted to the time before Theresa left the competition. Her words were craved into my memory.

*Flashback begins*

" Don't you see? Kane has something for you. He is closer to you than any other contestant here. "

" But... "

" He has talked to you before, laugh with you before and held hands with you. What part of him doesn't say 'I love Allison' ?!"

*Flashback ends*

" Miss Allison, we're moving on to the next question. Which contestant do you think is the hardest to compete with? "

" At first, I thought Anna, Clara and Hope were strong competitors... "

" Look at them. One dead, one eliminated and one still competing. "

" ...Yes. Quite unfortunate, but congrats to Anna for bearing the tension of the competition. Congratulations to Clara for being strong where others are weak. Raise your glass to Hope for coming this far. "

I heard cheers around me and smiled. I have got their hearts, but I'm not done yet. Not until I've won the competition.

" Last question, Miss Brooke. What are your feelings for Kane now? "

Now how do you expect me to answer this? Again, I wanted to tell them that I love their son. I can't possibly say that, so I'm answering them the same way I answered Hope.

"...I...I actually have a crush on Kane. Since I joined The Wife Hunter, I got to know him better... better than what media could say about him. He's a nice, caring... I've told you before. The guy that every men wants to be. Not for his riches but for his flawless attitude. "

I heard a sarcastic cough from Mrs Hamilton. Come on lady, be confident with your son. Or is she not buying my story? Well, only she could tell.

Mr Hamilton called Hope to join us in the living room. She took a seat next to me, her face looking serious. Well, this is a game isn't it?

" Alright final two. Tomorrow, the winner of The Wife Hunter will be announced. It will be announced at The Empire State Building at 8pm New York standard time. "

" But Mr Hamilton, we haven't had a challenge. How will you choose a winner? "

" I was about to get to that. Today's interview is the final challenge. I didn't tell you two that since I wanted to see your honest answers to the questions. "

Not all the answers I gave were true Mr Hamilton, I wanted to say. That would just make things bad for me right?

" Alright contestants. We will see you tomorrow. We'll see who's going to be the lucky prey for the Wife Hunter. "

They left the living room, so did the production crew. Once I was sure everyone was out, I jumped into the sofa, dangling my feet over the edge.

Hope looked at me, amused. She went up the stairs and came back with different colour nail polish. I almost forgot that she is a nail designer.

" Let's do our nails tonight. You know, if you want to..."

" Sure! What design are you in for? "

" I'm digging a pink and white design! It's the season for sakuras to bloom and I really love them. "

" Nice. I'm going for a purple and black colour theme. "

We've picked our designs and I'm telling you, I'm in love with my nails.

That night, we had more than just polish and painting. We had laughter. We had smiles. We had a good time.

Somethings we may not experience tomorrow.

A/N: Nice day, isn't it?

Ah, Valentine's. The day eeveryone celebrates love. Unless you're single then I'm sorry. I'm single as well.

I've written so many drafts that I keep on forgetting to publish them. I will publish the next chapter soon.

Yeah, the chapter all of you have been waiting for.

Bye.

☆Happy☆ ♡Valentine's♡ ☆Day☆

💖Vaethenee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 1.9K 47
Sophia Blossom, 21 with beautiful bronde hair and gorgeous blue eyes, is a simple and talented girl who comes to LA to pursue a career in acting. For...
133K 6.5K 61
------- He loved the girl that can't love him.....And now he can't love the girl that loves him -------- ** "Don't worry.." I say, getting up off the...
1.7M 51K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
4.2M 172K 51
Story is published on Amazon (kindle and paperback) Smashwords, and more! When Antonio Russo's wife was dying of breast cancer, he went to an agency...