The Jela Mueseum

By kingspeterandcarter

It is absolutely awesome and very, very interesting and suspenseful. It is a tale about a young boy of 17 nam... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3

Chapter 2

8 0 0
By kingspeterandcarter

ᘀ Ettan ᗽ

When William told me that he found someone who would help us with the trip, I didn't believe it. Why would anyone be so kind as to help us with that? I thought that the only logical explanation for it was that she was one of Ejele's men. But William was certain about this. All I could do was trust him.

And it now seems like that was a good idea. She was loyal to us and she fought off Ejele's real followers.

And then I got the note. They had my mother. I couldn't just ignore that. So I did what any true hero and warrior would do. I got off the path and went to save my mother. And we were already almost there, too. William estimated about 1 more day and we would be there.

But I had to leave. So I asked Annie for an arrow, tied my note and left. I learned a few magic tricks when I was a kid so I made it seem like I was still there. It'll break right when they get to their destination.

I got word that my mother was in Camelot. I'm glad I got this information because I wouldn't want to look all over Orhavad Al.

You're probably wondering what Orhavad Al is. Well, it's a mythical land. A land where all myths, legends and everything in between are real. This is the land where the Jela Museum, the Pagota Zoo, and the Hapis Library are, a land where dreams come true or death becomes vivid. Many other people also live here including Cinderella, Snow White, and Belle. Many people use this land as a prison. It is extremely hard to get out of (since the Loch Ness monster and the Megalodon and other things) but easy to get in.

Anyway, Camelot is about 4 days of travel from the Palace of Cinderella. That's where I started. Though when you're me, it takes a shorter time. While William was meeting Annie, I was meeting people of my own. I met one of the queen's guards and became good friends with him. I'm just glad that the Jela Museum was in the Land of Cinderella. Anyway, the guard told me that if I ever need a favor, come to the castle.

And well, I need a favor. So that's where I'm going. To the palace of Cinderella.

It would be about a day's travel so I left as early as I could.

Finally, I saw the high towers and the magnificent white flag with its coat of arms. Ramtec must have seen it too and got excited because he started to run as fast as he could. We got there in about 10 minutes.

The queen's guard stopped me and asked who I was.

I answered, "I am Ettan Cannore looking for one of the queen's guards, Oliver Cummings. Do you know of him?"

The guard said, "Aye, I do know of him. Why do you ask for him?"

"He has said that he would do me a favor and I am in need of one now."

"Aye. Did you say your name was Ettan?"

"I did."

"Aye, Ettan. I am Oliver Cummings," he said, as he took off his helmet.

I jumped from my horse and ran to him.

"Oliver!" I exclaimed. "How nice to see you. Changed a bit, have you since the last time I saw you, eh?"

"Aye. There has been a war started with the Kingdom of Belle. The war will decide who will own Mount Olympus." he said. "The last time I got a day off was 4 months ago."

"Well, good luck to you," I replied.

" You came for a favor?" he asked.

"I did," I answered, excitingly. "I need to get to Camelot. My mother is being held hostage there."

"The queen has forbidden talk of Camelot," he said darkly. "They have sided with Belle and is now raiding our cities and towns and cutting off our supplies. They were once one of our greatest allies."

"Oh, I really am sorry to hear that," I answered, disappointed. I really had hoped he would be able to help me out. "Well, I'll best be off. Better to have an early start."

"Aye. Sorry about that Ettan. I really do want to help you. I just can't though or I'd be risking me own life."

"Well, I wouldn't want that. Good day to you." I said as I trotted off. "It was nice to see you, Oliver. I hope we'll meet again!"

"Goodbye, my friend!" he yelled back.

Those were the last words he ever said to me.

I later learned that he was sent into the forest by the queen to do a very important mission and was never heard from again.

I got back on the road and journeyed day and night, through rain and wind. I had to get there as fast as I could. I never stopped to rest. There were little inns by the road but all I did was switch my horse and I was back on the trail 30 minutes later.

I was able to make the trip in only 2 days.

I saw the great, vast walls of Camelot long before I got there. I had heard legends about this castle and now I'm learning that it's all true.

The walls were towering 150 feet high, made with black stone and granite. It's magnificent flag high above the Earth on the highest tower, it's a moat, deep and scary-looking. It's huge drawbridge made out of the finest oak. And above all, the lights. Oh, the lights! There must have been 10000! Everywhere there was light. It was so bright and joyful!

I came upon the shore overlooking the misty moat, my huge horse, Carver, snorting.

I called up to the guard tower.

"You up there! Lower your drawbridge that I may come up in the castle!"

"What say you're name?" answered the larger one of the guards.

"My name is Ettan Cannore. I have come on behalf of my mother, Ramada." I answered. "Lower the drawbridge!"

"Well, sir, I'm *hiccup* goin to have to *hiccup* tell you to *hiccup* leave." answered the smaller one. "You ain't *hiccup* on this list. *hiccup*"

I didn't like that answer.

"I command you to lower the drawbridge right now or I will have the wrath of death be passed upon you." I threatened.

The soldiers laughed, mockingly. "He *hiccup* thinks that *hiccup* he can beat *hiccup* us," the smaller one laughed. "Though it *hiccup* would be fun *hiccup* to beat you *hiccup* but not *hiccup* today! Maybe later. How *hiccup* about in *hiccup* the arena?"

"You'd be surprised," I said, under my breath. I could only do one thing.

I took my bow off my shoulder and notched an arrow. The last time I did this was over 19 years ago when I had to put down my dog. I swore that I would never use a bow to harm a living thing again. Now I had to use it, to save my mother.

I pushed the thought aside and took aim. I was going to hit the smaller one while he laughed.

I let go and the arrow flew. Right before the arrow hit the guard in the stomach, a look of horror was painted onto his face. I shot the other guard in the stomach and yelled up to them.

"Now do as I say and I will give you medical attention. Don't and I swear, you will die."

"Y-yes, sir. W-whatever y-you says, sir." the larger guard said through gritted teeth.

As the drawbridge came down, I heard the small emergency call guards make.

Wide-eyed and cautious, I drew my sword ready for action.

Sure enough, right when the draw bridge came down, there were at least 20 soldiers standing there ready for action.

I charged.

They charged.

I fought with all my might.

So did they.

Just about when I finished them off, about 20 more soldiers came out. And before I knew it, an arrow had come down from the sky and stabbed me in the chest. I fell down, exhausted. I was sure to die. I closed my eyes...

But then thought, no. This is what they want me to think. So I decided to think about one thing.

That thing was to save my mother.

The only thing that kept me through was my sheer willpower, screaming at me saying in my head, "If you don't come out of this alive, your mother will die. So stand up and fight. Fight like a man."

"Fight like the man I know you to be." I heard a voice say.

I looked up, to see an old friend of mine, fighting by my side. He looked at me and pointed to a few others. They were all there fighting, some I knew, some I didn't.

So I stood up.

Brandishing my sword I fought and I fought savagely until I couldn't fight anymore. Then I fought more until they were all gone.

Finally, I knelt down. All the guards have given up. When I looked for the people who had saved my life they were gone. All I could see was the small outline of 6 figures on horseback riding off into the forest.

I stood up and walked into the city. All the citizens and guards backed away. I asked for the town messenger. When he came, I told him to give a letter I had written to the king. It said,

Dear King Arthur, Head of Camelot,

I am Ettan Cannore, from Eco Mesa. I have come for the rescue of Ramada Cannore, my mother. I demand you deliver her to me on the 14th day of the 3rd month on the 3rd hour of said day. Do this and I will give you 2000 Eblenish Patils. Do not agree to my terms, I will still rescue my mother but your men will be slaughtered. If you try to stop me, I'm afraid I will have to destroy you as well.

-Ettan Cannore

I told him to deliver it as soon as he could. He said he would. He rushed off with an urgency I didn't often see. I looked at the villagers. Their faces were pale and solemn. They looked at me with a mixture of fear, awe, and respect.

There were at least four beggars on the street, dressed in rags and dirty. I bent down to the youngest of them. A small boy.

"Hello, I'm Ettan. What's your name?" I said.

He looked at his mother, who was timid and wide-eyed. I smiled at her and said, "It's okay. I'm only here to rescue my own mother."

This must-have reassured her because she smiled and said, "My name is Lucy. This is my son, Roger and this is my daughter, Grace." introducing me.

I looked at Grace. She was a simple girl with brown hair and green eyes. She looked athletic and courageous. She was probably around my age and even though she was dressed in dirty rags, she still looked well fed.

"Hello, Ettan. You seem very determined by rescuing your mother. That, I find amazing." Grace said.

"Well, thanks, I guess," I answered.

She laughed, saying, "You know you're a queer person Ettan, but you have a humbling presence. I like that" she responded.

"We came from Eco Mesa and were members of the ancient house of Clark. We were captured and we lost the key to our inheritance along with, my husband's four maudit blades. They were the last thing, he gave us before he died." Lucy said. "They were in a small black leather satchel. The satchel had a powerful spell on it binding it to any person who treated it with care. You could put anything in there and if somebody who didn't own it opened it, it was just coal."

"What? You said, a small black leather satchel?" I said, stunned.

"Yes. Do you know of one?" she replied, hastily.

"Was there a silver coat-of-arms on it?" I asked.

"Why yes, now that I think of it. Why?" she answered, curious.

"When did you lose it?" I asked.

"Well, I'd say, about twenty-eight years ago. I'm still wondering how I can still remember it," she said, now worried.

"That was about the time I saw it," he muttered under his breath.

"What!?" Grace said. "You saw it? Where? When?"

"Nevermind. It's probably stupid." I answered.

"Tell us Ettan. Please." she pleaded.

"It's probably not it," I answered.

"It wouldn't hurt to tell us, Ettan!" Grace said, now angry. "Just tell us."

I stared at her blankly. No girl (other than my mother) has ever gotten mad at me, let alone one my age. I was about to walk away, she had no reason to be mad at me.

I straightened up and said, "Well then let me tell you a story." in a very serious tone.

Grace looked at me the blood rushing to her face and said, "Okay then. Go on and tell us."

I began my tale.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25 13 12
This book follows a character named Evie and a group of friends she makes along her journey. She wants to be an adventurer but they are frowned upon...
215 13 11
Sometimes the best knight is a damsel. In a world where women are seen as weak, defenceless creatures for men to protect and own, one orphan girl wan...
562K 17.4K 34
You all know the old fairy-tale's where an evil and cruel dragon kidnaps the princess because of her beauty and then knights in shinning armour arriv...
257 30 21
Growing up as an apprentice healer in the castle, Ilia loved listening to the stories the knight-mages told. Tales of valour and glory, adventures in...