Between Us - Dramione/Blinny

By salty_mermaid

As the group of Slytherins sat down, Ginny noticed that Blaise was watching her, and when they made eye conta... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch. 50

Ch. 28

27.2K 825 303
By salty_mermaid

Hermione sat quietly next to Draco's bed, reading and doing homework. She would glance up every so often to see if there was any change, but so far none had occurred. Madam Pomfrey had moved him so that he was lying on his back now, having healed his broken shoulder blade and ribs. Now it was just a matter of when he would wake up, and since it was Sunday, she was hoping that it would be soon.

"Anything yet?"

She turned to see Blaise, Pansy, and Theo walking up behind her, worried looks across all of their faces.

"No, he's still unconscious," She said sadly.

"Well, he did take a bludger, he may be out for a bit while his body recovers," Pansy said quietly, sitting down at the foot of his bed.

"I know," Hermione said sadly. "I was just hoping he'd be awake by now; it's been nearly a day."

"Have you eaten anything yet today?" Blaise asked curiously.

"Ginny stopped by earlier with some food," Hermione nodded.

Blaise perked up at this and Pansy raised an eyebrow at him before wrapping her arm around Theo's and saying, "I'm guessing you're going to be here all day?"

"Unless there's an emergency, yeah," Hermione said. "I want to be here when he wakes up."

Pansy smiled and squeezed her shoulder. "Well, just let us know if there is anything we can do to help."

"Thanks, Pans," Hermione said, returning the smile.

The three Slytherins left and Hermione turned back to Draco, looking him over again. He hadn't moved at all, and she sighed as she looked back down at her homework.

She couldn't wait for him to wake up; she was too excited to tell him the good news about her and Ron officially ending their relationship. The thought would always put a small smile on her face, and as she scribbled down her notes, she thought about what Draco's reaction would be once he finds out.

Blaise wandered over to the quidditch pitch where he knew Ginny would be practicing with the rest of the Gryffindor team. He had taken to watching their practices more often now, mainly because he enjoyed seeing the smile on her face when she realized he was there.

Sure enough, the moment he sat down she looked over and he watched a grin split her face. He grinned himself and gave her a slight wave before stuffing his hand back into the pocket of his jacket. It was getting much colder out now that they were in the month of October and he started to worry about Ginny getting cold as she was flying around. Of course, he worried about her in general as he knew that there was more stuff in her past that she wasn't telling him about.

"Oi, Zabini!"

He looked around to see Seamus walking towards him in the stands and he raised an eyebrow. "And to what do I owe the pleasure, Finnegan?"

Seamus sat down next to Blaise and looked up at the quidditch players. "I hear you and Ginny are close."

Blaise looked up at the red head in question. "Yeah, close is a good way to describe it right now."

"Not too close, right?"

Blaise looked over at Seamus. "Why?"

Seamus shrugged. "She's my friend and I want to make sure she's happy."

"Last time I checked, she's happy," Blaise answered gruffly. "I appreciate the big brother stance, however she already has five of them that will most likely interrogate me already."

"True, but none of them are here," Seamus shrugged. "Look, I know you two are interested in each other. She told me what happened, and told me what's happening with her and Harry. I just ask that you wait to do anything else until-"

"I've already told her that I'm going to wait until they break it off," Blaise interrupted quietly. "I've caused enough confusion with her so I'm trying to make good by her."

Seamus was quiet for a few moments before nodding. "Good."

They sat quietly for a little bit, and Blaise started to wonder just how long Seamus was going to sit there with him.

"So," Blaise said, breaking the silence. "How are things between you and Dean Thomas?"

He watched as Seamus's face turned bright red, and he stood up and quickly walked away with his head down. Blaise grinned, knowing the answer already as he returned his attention back to Ginny.

Hermione tried to rush through her rounds that night so she could sneak back into the Hospital Wing. Draco still hadn't woken up yet, and she was getting more and more anxious the longer he was unconscious. Madam Pomfrey reassured her earlier that it had only been a day and that he should be up soon, but the thoughts that would creep into the back of Hermione's mind would tell her otherwise.

Thankfully she finished her patrol just after eleven, and went back to the Hospital Wing only to find that he was still unconscious. She sat down sadly next to him and took his hand into both of hers, looking up every so often to make sure that the Matron was still in her office.

"I hope you wake up soon," She said quietly to him. "I have some really good news to tell you, and we all miss you."

He didn't move at all. She wasn't sure how much further her heart could sink as she watched him, but after a few moments she sighed and gave his hand a squeeze before going to release it.

She jumped though when she felt a slight squeeze back, and her eyes widened. "Draco?"

A low groan was heard and he turned his head slightly, cracking one eye open as he tried to smile. "Hey there."

Hermione bounced up and down excitedly, trying to stay quiet but squeezing his hand tightly as she said, "How are you feeling?"

"Bloody awful," He groaned.

"But you're awake now at least," She said. "I was so worried..."

He gave her a bigger smile and ran a thumb gently across the back of her hand. "I'm alright, don't worry. It's gonna take a lot more than a bludger to take me out."

She laughed quietly as he shifted again, his face twisting as he felt pain shoot through his arm. "What happened to me?"

"Well..." She frowned and took a deep breath before saying, "The bludger shattered your shoulder blade and you broke a few ribs. Madam Pomfrey said she was able to heal the broken bones, but you're most likely still going to be in pain for a few days. You had a pretty nasty bruise all across your back."

He clenched his eyes shut and was silent for a few moments. He finally relaxed and sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "Could've been worse, I suppose."

She gave him a worried look. "Do you want me to get Madam Pomfrey so that she can get you some pain potions?"

"What time is it?" He asked.

Looking down at her watch, she said, "It's a little after eleven-twenty. Why?"

"You should go back to your dorm so that you don't get in trouble," He said quietly.

"But you just woke up," She said, frowning.

"Yes, but you're Head Girl and you've gotten into enough trouble over the years even without me ratting you out," He said with a grin.

She couldn't help but smile at that, shaking her head. "I'm sure they'd understand."

"I'd rather not have you risk it." He squeezed her hand and smiled at her. "I seriously doubt I'll be moving from here before tomorrow; just come visit me when you can."

After a few moments, she sighed and nodded. "Fine."

"Oh, did I hear something about good news, or was I dreaming?" He asked curiously.

She grinned again. "No, you heard right. Do you want to hear it now or wait until I come back tomorrow?"

"And I thought I was mean; you'd make me wait to hear good news?" He laughed quietly.

She rolled her eyes but shook her head, smiling. "Of course not, I just wanted to give you the option because I wasn't sure if you were awake enough for it."

"You have my full attention," He said. "What is it?"

"I heard back from Ron."

His eyes widened slightly and he lifted his head up from the pillow. "And?"

She simply smiled at him and his face split into a grin as he said, "That's the best news I could've gotten right now."

She laughed quietly and he couldn't stop grinning as he squeezed her hand. "We can talk more about it tomorrow; you need to go before you get in trouble."

"Alright, I'll try to come by as soon as I can," She said. "Try to get some sleep so you can heal more."

"I don't know if I can sleep now after knowing that," He said happily.

She shook her head and stood up, keeping his hand in hers for as long as she could. They just smiled at each other for a few moments, but then he gave her hand another squeeze and nudged her away. "Go on! Good night, Hermione."

"Night, Draco," She smiled, reluctantly releasing his hand and quietly leaving the Hospital Wing.

He watched her leave and when the door shut behind her, he looked back up at the ceiling as he took a deep breath. Another jolt of pain wracked his upper body and he flinched, clenching his jaw as he tried to not make a noise.

Madam Pomfrey suddenly appeared by his side with a tray of different colored bottles and set them down on the table.

"Well, it's good to see you awake, Mister Malfoy!" She said.

"Please tell me one of those is a pain potion," He said through gritted teeth.

"Of course there's one, what kind of Matron would I be if I didn't have it?"

He heard the bottle uncork and he relaxed slightly as the pain subsided, opening an eye to take the bottle from her. "I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect, Madam Pomfrey."

"It's alright, young man. I will chalk it up to you simply being in pain," The older witch said with a wry smile.

He finished the bottle and handed it back to her with a sigh, closing his eyes again. "Thank you."

"Of course. Though next time, you might want to let me know as soon as you wake up instead of waiting to finish your conversation."

He opened his eyes quickly, staring up at her. She had an eyebrow raised at him as she uncorked another bottle.

"Please don't tell the Headmistress," He asked quietly. "And if you do, it was my fault for keeping her here."

"My dear boy, I have many more important things to do than to tattle on Head Girls patrolling slightly longer than normal."

He gave her a confused look. "But...this isn't our area of patrol..."

She simply offered him the other bottle and gave him a knowing smile. He smiled in return as he understood and finished the potion. Madam Pomfrey took the bottle away from him and set it on the tray.

"That second potion is to help you get to sleep," She said promptly. "It should be taking effect very shortly."

As if on cue, he immediately felt a wave of drowsiness wash over him, and as Madam Pomfrey walked away, he drifted off to sleep, the last memory being of Hermione smiling down at him.

A/N: As promised, here is the next chapter! So I like to think that Seamus and Dean try to keep their relationship under wraps, but of course the entire school knows already but they don't know that. It just makes for some cute/funny moments like this where they are completely embarrassed when someone points it out. More Dramione action will be happening soon! Enjoy everyone! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 58.2K 54
*WINNER OF THE GOLDEN SNITCH FROM THE 2020 SEEKER AWARDS* Giving him a skeptical look, she stepped away and out of his arms, almost regretting it ins...
1.6K 131 20
The war is over. Voldemort has been defeated. While Hermione Granger tries to keep face, demonstrating the courage and tenacity of Gryffindor house...
43.3K 1.1K 37
Prequel to Telling them the truth - Reunions --- She looked down at her plate. She wasn't hungry at all. She didn't want to eat, but she had to. She...
387K 7.4K 48
A month before Hermione returns to School,She finds out that she was kidnaped and sold to the Granger Family.She's shocked when she finds out that he...