Don't Tell Him He's In Love W...

By CookiesIX

Ocyne Liyla is one of the world's favourite authors. Her life is a secret, unknown to even her most enthusias... More

Sh, Don't Tell Him He's in Love With a Genius
:Genius: Chapter One
:Genius: Chapter Two
:Genius: Chapter Three
:Genius: Chapter Four
:Genius: Chapter Five
:Genius: Chapter six
:Genius: Chapter Seven
:Genius: Chapter Eight
:Genius: Chapter Nine
:Genius: Chapter Ten
:Genius: Chapter Eleven
:Genius: Chapter Twelve
:Genius: Chapter Thirteen
:Genius: Chapter Fourteen
:Genius: Chapter Fifteen
:Genius: Chapter Sixteen
:Genius: Chapter Seventeen
:Genius: Chapter Nineteen
:Genius: Chapter Twenty
:Genius: Chapter Twenty One
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Two
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Three
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Four
:Genius:Chapter Twenty Five
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Six
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Seven
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Eight
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Nine
:Genius: Chapter Thirty

:Genius: Chapter Eighteen

4K 104 13
By CookiesIX

I woke up sprawled across the bed. Anton's bed. I shot up, falling out of the bed and onto something softer than the floor.

“The hell, Dunce?!” Anton's voice moaned from under me.

“Crap, Anton, sorry!” I exclaimed, trying to pull myself off of him. Unfortunately, Anton tried to get me off him at the same time, meaning my arms were swiped from under me and I landed on top of him again with a thud, groaning as my head hit his. I realised at that point I should by trying to get up again, but it was still dark and I really can't think much at night. I assumed he'd push me off of him so I could go back to sleep.

“What time is it?” I mumbled, shutting my eyes. I felt him chuckling under me.

“I always took you for a girl who slept enough. It's a little after one.” I groaned.

“Why are you sleeping on the floor.”

“Because this dumb blonde was sleeping in my bed.” He told me, rolling me off of him and sitting up. I blindly made a grab for the pillow, feeling like a weight was on my arms as I lifted it onto the bed. When I found it I put in under my head and cuddled into it.

“I'm sure that's a first.” I said as sarcastically as I could. This guy was waking me up.

“Natalie's never been in my bed before.” He told me quietly, knowing who I was talking about instantly. “And Jealousy is a cute colour on you.” He added, instantly making me snort.

“That had no tone of jealousy and you know it, buster.”

“Which is strange, because everyone knows I'm hot, even Jean's admitted it.” I sighed, sitting up and glancing over to Harred's bed. Asha and Harred were both facing opposite ways with a space in between them, but Asha was shivering. Harred could obviously feel it as he subconsciously rolled over, hugging her. Soon they were full out spooning.

“That boy works fast.” Anton muttered to himself.

“Pig.” I told him, leaning against Harred's bed so I could face him. Only out of politeness. Anton rolled his eyes at me.

“What, were you taught that all men are gentlemen?” He asked in an innocent voice. I scowled.

“I was taught to never let a man win me.” Harred and his perfect timing, chose to make a noise in his sleep that sound almost exactly like a snort. I quickly glanced over to him, checking his posture for any signs of him being awake. When I saw none, I returned to my normal position. Anton was laughing at Harred's unconscious response.

“Because you're not a toy to be won?”

“Because I'm a toy that can't be won.” I winked at him, the expression he gave me was full of confusion.

“You're not a normal girl, are you?” He asked in a softer voice. I smiled slightly, only the corner of lips managing to lift up. I wasn't someone that could stay up very long at half one in the morning.

“I'm just you're average American teenager. Just like you.” He smirked crookedly, it almost looked like half a smile. I felt my eyelids growing heavy.

“How did you figure it out?” He asked, and I had to open my eyes to make sure I didn't dream him saying it.

“hmm?”

“How did you know I was Russian?” I yawned.

“Your accent gets stronger when you're angry, and you're angry with me a lot.” I paused to yawn again. “And you're too tall, dark and handsome to be American.” I'm not sure, but the end of my sentence sounded unintelligible with fatigue. I heard hear him chuckling but I was too far gone.

I felt hands under my legs and back; he was lifting me up.

“You're too naturally beautiful to be a California girl.” He mumbled under his breath as he placed me on the far side of the bed. I rolled over, grabbing onto the closest pillow he had and putting me head on it. I sighed cuddling further into the pillow as I fell into darkness.

I woke up hours later to Anton lying under me with his eyebrow raised at me. I blushed, rolling over to the side quickly and glanced over him to see if the other two were up. Thankfully they weren't.

“Did we sleep like that-”

“all night? Yes. Apparently my pillows weren't good enough for you, and you're an incredibly strong gripped light sleeper.” He was scowling. I laughed sheepishly.

“Sorry about that.” I said slowly, scooting myself to the bottom of the bed.

“Just like a true blonde.” I gasped, turning around and glaring at him.

“Excuse me? 'A true blonde'?”

“You call me handsome, get me into bed and leave as soon as you wake up.” He smirked at the growing blush spreading over my cheeks.

“Yeah, because the only way a girl would try to get you into bed was if they're drugged or delusional with sleep loss.” I snapped once I gained control of my cheeks.

“Don't you have a class in half an hour?” I looked at my non existing watch, realised I wasn't wearing one and picked out my phone. I swore under my breath, he was right. I grabbed one of his pillows and threw it at Asha, it hit dead centre of the side of her head. She jumped, making her fall off the bed, dragging Harred with her.

“Asha, we have class in half and hour.”

“We're ditching.” Harred said, sliding in just before Asha could say a word.

“We are not, Harred Young!” She replied instantly, getting up and trying to pat down her hair. It would work, it was as frizzy as ever.

“We have to get back to our dorm!” She cried, dragging me towards the door, mumbling about not staying over on a school night again. We were past the entrance when I finally remembered I had left my laptop in Anton's room. My memory, right? One of the only things stopping me from claiming the #1 in the genius world.

I rushed back, getting there just in time for Harred to run past me, no doubt trying to convince Asha to ditch with him. He had no chance. Anton wasn't anywhere to be seen, so I assumed he was brushing his teeth or something in the bathroom. I walked over to where my laptop was, and found nothing.

“Harred almost dropped it when he was chasing his girl out.” I almost jumped at Anton's voice. He was standing right behind me, if he put his arms out now he would be trapping me against him and the desk. He reached around me to slide the laptop over to me.

“Thanks.” I said, forcing my voice not to falter.

“By the way, Jane...” He whispered in my eye, sending a shiver down my spine. “Your bed head is pretty cute.” I scowled turning around quickly with my laptop in my arms.

“Goodbye, Anton.” I hissed, slamming the door, using the same hand to comb my hair down. I could hear him chuckling half way down the corridor.

I practically ran to my bedroom, changed, brushed my hair and tied it up before running to my first class of the week, Physics.

Anton and Natalie were there, making me scowl immediately as Natalie ran her hand down his arm. Anton caught my look and smirked right before I looked away.

“Nice of you to join us.” Sir said, as he stared at me accusingly.

“Sorry I'm late.” I said, but when my back was turned I rolled my eyes. The teacher was babbling on about String Theory and some things I was dying to correct because he got wrong, when Asha came in half way through.

“Sorry I'm late sir.” She huffed, turning back out the door and glaring a little.

“Somebody got some.” Anton muttered under his breath, loud enough for the whole class to hear.

“Hey, don't talk about my women like that.” Harred popped up, making the laughs of the class immediately quieten. Asha blushed a deep shade of red. “See you later, gorgeous.” He smiled, grabbing her face between both of his hands and kissing her. The teacher cleared his throat. Harred pulled back and winked at sir, before going to leave. At the door, he stopped and turned around.

“Hey, Anton, I got my girl first.” He said, in his cheeky triumphant tone. Anton raised his eyebrow.

“What to bet?” Natalie said, all of a sudden, grabbing Anton in her arms and kissing him in front of everyone. My eyes widened and narrowed in the period of a second, I turned away to see Harred glancing at me.

Before he burst out laughing.

Confused, Natalie turned to face him, her bright red lipstick smudged into Anton's lips. It didn't look right, it made me face heat up seeing her so close. I struggled to stop myself from jumping over the table onto her. Apart from the red lipstick that he was removing from his lips with his uniform, looked apathetic to what had just happened.

“Can we please refrain from making out with anyone else in this class please?!” The teacher shouted, glaring at each one of us daring us to lock lips with our fellow classmates.

“What the hell are you laughing at Young?” Natalie screeched, red filling her face as she stood embarrassed and angry.

“A half minded monkey could tell that the only thing Anton would ever what you for is a little side dish for his main meal. His girl is certainly not you,you're not his type.”

“I'm everyone's type.” She snapped, making me raise my eyebrows in disbelief.

“Anton doesn't go for the arrogant, self absorbed type, he has too much of that himself. I thought you knew?”

“Mr Young, please go to you proper lesson before you end up in the principal's office.” Sir said in a sharp tone. Harred, looked around the room, seeing all the amused faces and settled on me.

“Oh, hey there, Jane. You're looking extremely modest and selfless over there.” He winked and was gone, leaving everyone staring at me. I felt my face go red. Asha slowly sat down besides me and smiled reassuring.

“What did he mean by that?” Natalie said suddenly, causing all of the eyes to pivot from me, thankfully. Anton stared back at her with cool eyes.

“I think it means that you should shut the fruck up and sit down, I want to learn.” His voice was so even as he said those words, Natalie glanced around, stopping on my amused face before she screamed without opening her mouth (an admirable trait) and stormed out of the door.

Anton's eyes were on me for the remainder of the lesson.

“You're a class 'A' jerk.” I poked Harred in the chest with the force to push him back two steps. He was smirking.

“I thought it was rather amusing. It kept a smile on my face for the next lesson.” I knew, I had Phys. Ed with him after Physics and even though we were just running track and Anton had beaten him by four seconds he was still smiling. Now it was the first break of the day. Two lessons down from being able to write my book.

“Aren't you going to say anything?” I asked Asha, who simply shrugged.

“It was a bit harsh on Natalie, and I'm sure Jean will be all up in your grill later because of it, but it was pretty stupid of her to kiss Anton in the middle of Physics. Especially since he told her he was interested in her.” Asha shrugged. I paused, in the middle of eating my apple and stared at her.

“When the hell did he do that?!” When Harred and Asha harmoniously raised their eyebrows I quickly added, 'not that I care', before taking a bite out of my apple.

“When you and Harred were upstairs … by the way, what were you two doing up there by yourselves?” Harred gave me a worried glance, but I didn't look at him, knowing Asha would be watching.

“Harred was helping me with art homework. Since you don't like art and believe it's an illogical waste of time he was giving me a hand.” I said, in a perfect portrayal of nonchalant. “I suck at art.” I added on, wanting to add some truth to the bundle of lies I just gave my best friend.

“Oh, art is such a waste of time, you should be taking catch up courses to help you, you could be so smart if you had the resources, Jane.” I rolled my eyes at her sincere look.

“Yeah, yeah. I'm heading to English.” I told them, standing up.

“Okay, come on, Ash.” Harred said, joining me. Asha shook her head, nodding to the unfinished notebook homework she had.

“You guys go ahead, I really need to finish this geography work.” We nodded, Harred bending down to give her a kiss before we left for Mack's class.

“You're really good at lying.” Harred told me, and walking so far quietly.

“I am.”

“How many time have you lied to us?” I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

“A lot.”

“Do you still lie to me?”

“No.”

“Do you lie to Anton?” It took me longer to answer.

“Only when I have to.”

“Have you ever thought about telling the truth?”

“To Anton?”

“To the world.”

“Not until I'm old enough not to be an immature kid.” I told him, and walked through the door to Mack's class. I was stopped at the doorway by Mr Linen himself.

“Ah, Miss Bostan, Mr Young, decorous of you to be vigilant enough to arrive at the proper time. Where is, pardon the sobriquet, Asha?”

“Huh?” Harred rolled his eyes in view of the class and verified for me.

“Jane, Harred, nice of you to be careful enough to arrive on time. Where is Asha, excusing the nickname.”

“Oh.” I said quietly, but loud enough for our audience to hear.

“She's finishing off some work. She'll be here soon.” He nodded, motioning us to take our seats, Harred, as always, sat at the back and I sat at the front because of little miss OCD.

“You put on quite a show.” Harred whispered to me as he passed.

“You're quite the Ring Master.” I replied, rolling my eyes.

“Everyone needs a bearded lady to draw the crowd.” I threw me pencil at him.

“Miss Bostan, if you'd please refrain from throwing stationary in my class.” Mack said, his back turned to me and writing on the board. He was using his spy training against me.

“Show off.” I muttered under my breath, causing him to turn around with a smirk on his face and his left eyebrow raised.

“I'm sorry, could you repeat that to the class.”

“I said I love your handwriting, Mr Linen.” I told him innocently.

“I do, too!” A girl it the back said, giving Mr Linen all the signs that she really did like everything about him.

“Ew, he's like, 30!” I groaned out loud, just to get at him.

“Thank you, Stacia and I'm Twenty-six Miss Bostan, not that it's any of your concern.”

“Oh, he really doesn't like you.” A girl behind me muttered.

“Thanks.” I replied, looking at her only to roll my eyes.

“Okay, Jane. Please leave my classroom.” I stared in shock at him.

“Excuse me?”

“You're excused. Now leave.”

“What have I done?” He raised his eyebrow, causing all the girls in the room to shift towards him. I forced myself not to roll my eyes again, although this much exercise has probably lead my eyes to be body builders.

“You're constant disruption of my class is annoying and I won't stand for it.”

“Class hasn't even started yet!” I exclaimed, and to prove my point the bell went. I looked at Mack incredibly, wondering if he really was throwing my out. Asha came running it just on time.

“Now it has.”

“I haven't said anything since the bell went.” He raised his eyebrow. Now I had. I grabbed my bags, giving him a solid glare. The students will be gossiping about this all week. Jane Bostan, the newbie English dummy that has gotten in good with the popular crowd annoying the most fun loving and gorgeous teacher. I was going to be even more hated.

“What happened?” Asha asked, looking between Mack and myself curiously.

“Jane has royally pissed off Mr Linen.” Harred said, grinning wildly at us.

“Thank you, Harred. Now, you were leaving my presence, Bostan?” I looked back at Asha, who was staring open mouthed, and at Harred, who winked at me and joined Asha at the front.” As I left, I turned back to shut the door, and saw Mack wink at me. I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering what he was playing at.

I stepped back and turned around, ready to storm off, and bumped into a familiar wall like body.

“Great.” I muttered.

“Kicked out of English already, Dunce?”

____________________________

I ... don't ... even know what this chapter was.  I have a writer's block for next main event and I wanted to add a bit of character love in there.  Okay, I'm just saying, I go back to school on the 4th, and I want two more A* before I leave school and I'm currently failing Spanish because I'm monolingual, so I might go back to the once-a-month updating. But, I've set a goal to see this book finished by the time I leave school, which is next June/July.

Also, the only reason I'm updating so fast is because the Teddies who are Commenting and Voting. So, thank you and I have a big announcement. 

THIS STORY IS FINALLY A SHORT NOVEL!

But if you're still reading this, (because I generally skip the author's note) thank you for reading my gab.

Off you go now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 2.1K 36
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
938K 49.8K 31
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

370K 14.1K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...
49.9K 8.4K 65
เถฑเท”เถน เถฑเท’เทƒเท เถฏเทเท€เท”เถซเท’.....๐Ÿ’™ เถฑเท”เถนเท™เถฑเทŠ เถธเท เถฑเท’เท€เท™เถธเท’......๐Ÿ’™