Better With You | EDITING

By Gea105

~THIS BOOK IS UNDER RECONSTRUCTION~ " Tori" his voice was low, so very low. "Y-yeah?" "Would you hate me?" "... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Cast List
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Additional Cast List
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 13

5.5K 167 60
By Gea105

Elijah's POV

"How is she doctor?"
"Well, this is the most stable she has been in the last 5 days. Her heartbeat is steady but because her head injuries are severe and she's suffering from a fractured skull, she's gonna be in a coma for awhile."the doctor looked on his clipboard and read what was on it.
"Um, I must say, I honestly don't think she's gonna make it. When her skull was fractured, it caused multiple damage to the brain. Even if she does wake up, it might not be for a couple of months."the doctor continued. My eyes left Tori's sleeping state and immediately snapped to the doctor's.
"What do you mean by she may not make it?"I asked. I was furious.

How could he say that! Can't he have, I don't know. Hope?

"It's exactly what I mean Mr. Wright. You may have to pull the plug."
"I will not f**king pull the plug!! It's your damn job to do all you can to make sure she wakes up."I held the doctor by his collar, pushing him up against the wall.When he saw the cold look in my eyes, he paled.
"Y-yes sir. We'll try our best."he stuttered.
"Good. Now go."I didn't have to tell him twice. He took off like his life depended on it.

Well, it sorta did.

I walked over to the other side of her hospital bed with my guitar that I brought with me, and sat in the little brown sofa that came with the room. I held her hands in mine and just stared at her.

Flashback

"Elijah! Come quick!"I snapped my head to Tori's front door and saw a frantic looking Leo standing at the door, with his shirt soaked in blood.

What the hell?!

"What the hell happened?! Where's Tori?!"those were the words that left my mouth as soon as I reached Leo.
"She's........living room........Malcolm......vodka bottle.......bleeding"he was out of breath. Probably due to the fact that he sprinted to the door to call me.
I didn't wait for him to catch his breath though, I sprinted in the direction of which I thought the living room was. When I got there I stopped in my tracks. There, in the middle of the room was Tori, on the floor, unconscious, with a pool of blood surrounding her head.
"Shit. Leo! Start up my car! She needs professional help."
I tried to lift her up but I couldn't. Because the gash on her head was so big, if I picked her up bridal style, her head would've hung over my arms, causing more blood to escape.
"Damn it!"I kicked the door frame that was beside me.

How the heck am I gonna get her help now?

I just stood there like the worthless piece of shit I am and just watched her, bleeding out. An idea suddenly hit me and I took out my phone. Like how I'm not fond of Cleo right now, I called the person I was second closest to.
"Hello?"
"Vaughan! I need your help! Meet me at Tori's."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up. You do realize what time it is right?"I could hear shuffling in the background, meaning he definitely wasn't sleeping.
"This is urgent. Please, just come help me."
He let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine. Your lucky that when you, Tori and Leo left the cabin, we left too."
"Thank you. Call me when your here."
"Alright."

*********

"What the f*ck happened?!"you could hear the fury and concern in Vaughan's voice when he caught sight of what was in front of him.
"I'll explain on the way to the hospital, right now we have to focus on getting her there." I didn't even look at him, I just answered and started to lift Tori's upper half. In the corner of my eye I saw Vaughan no longer paying attention, but giving all of his attention to a picture on the wall.
"Um, Elijah."
"What?"
"Who's this?"I looked up and looked to the picture he was pointing at.
"I think that's Tori's stepfather."at my words, I saw Vaughan visually tense up and his eyes widen.

Well, that was weird.

"Vaughan! Focus! Grab her legs."Vaughan hesitated for awhile, until he quickly did as he was told and together we got Tori into the car and we were soon speeding down the road, Vaughan driving and me cradling Tori in my arms in the backseat.

"Could you please tell me now what the hell happened that led to this situation."I could feel Vaughan's eyes on me from the rear view mirror.

Should I tell him?

I think he deserves an explanation.

"Fine."I gathered one big breath and told him the whole situation, starting from Tori's mother's murder to the whole situation with her stepfather in one go. His reaction flickered between anger and sadness, but most of all he showed pity.
"So let me get this straight. Tori's getting abused by the man I saw in the picture and she won't tell anyone about it and she'll only leave when she's old enough to get full custody of her brother?"he questioned.
"That pretty much sums it up."
"This is ridiculous. There must be something that can be done for her to get away from Malcolm sooner."
"She says....wait, I never told you his name was Malcolm. How did you know that?"
Vaughan's eyes widen, as if he just realized what he just said.
"Uh....Leo told me, when I met him at the door."
"Oh." I'm just gonna let him think I believe him for now.

What does he know?!

"Anyways.....She says that's the only way. We just have to trust her Vaughan. It's going to be ok."I tasted my lie. It's bitter. So very bitter.
"Fine. I just hope your right."
I looked down at the unconcious girl in my hands. A few strands of her curls fell in her face and stuck to her forehead because of the blood that was present there. I brushed them away and kissed her there.
"It's going to be OK sweetheart. Eli's got you."

End Of Flashback

I blink away the tears that came to my eyes as that night came flashing back to me.
"Hey Tori. It's me, Elijah. I came by again today, just like I've been doing for the last 5 days. School reopened yesterday you know, Woodwork class isn't the same without you. I'm almost finished with the assignment, but I decided to leave the rest for you when you wake up."

If you ever wake up.

"Wow. I'm pretty stupid aren't I?"I let out a humorless chuckle.
"Here I am. Talking to you, even though you can't hear me."I laughed some more.
"I don't think you know this but I play the guitar. I started playing again when you went in the coma."I looked at my guitar.
"Do you want me to play a piece for you?"

Silence.

I took up my guitar and tuned it to the proper key. I let my fingers strum the strings.
"Here goes nothing."
I let my fingers strum the notes for the intro melody, letting go, so the music can take over.

"Loving and fighting. Accusing, denying. I can't imagine a world with you gone. The joy and the chaos. The demons we're made of. I'd be so lost if you left me alone."

I continued playing as I looked at her.

"You locked yourself in the bathroom. Lying on the floor when I break through. I pull you in, I feel your heartbeat. Can you hear me screaming please don't leave me."

I cried. Like literally cried. This song is getting me emotional.

"Hold on I still want you. Come back I still need you. Let me take your hand, I'll make it right, I swear to love you all my life. Hold on I still need you."

I can't do this anymore. I put the guitar down beside the chair, got up and sat beside her on the bed, resting my head on her chest.

"Please come back to me. Please Tori, I need you. I miss you. I'm sorry about everything I've done to you. I'm sorry about messing around with Jodie after you chose Cleo. I'm sorry about it all. Just please, come back to me."I let the tears flow. I couldn't stop. She grew on me, her smile, her laugh, her goofiness, everything. I miss it all. She has to come back. She needs to come back.
"Elijah?"
I looked up from Tori's chest and looked to where my name was called.
"Vaughan?"
"Hey man. What's up?"Vaughan was standing at the doorway with some roses and a get well soon balloon.
"What are you doing here Vaughan?"
"I could ask you the same thing. Have you been here since school ended 6 hours ago?"
I stared at him blankly.

What was his point?!

"So what if I've been here since then?"
"So what?! You look like shit!"Vaughan voice was filled with anger. I think this is the first I've ever heard him this angry.
"What's it too you!"
"What's it too me?! Your one of my closest friends Elijah! I don't want to see you like this! I'm sure Tori wouldn't want to see you like this either!"my anger faded instantly at the mention of Tori's name. I sighed, defeated.
"Fine, what do you want me to do."

I'll do this. For Tori's sake.

"I want you to go home, take a shower, eat something and get some rest. I'll watch Tori for you."
"I don't think that's a good idea Vau-"
"Elijah, do not argue with me. Just please do as I say."
"Ok."I succumbed to his command. After giving Tori a kiss on the forehead, I walked out the door.

Vaughan's POV

"Hey Tori. It's me, Vaughan. How are you?"

Well that's a stupid question.

I chuckled to myself. I can be real stupid sometimes.

"I'm sorry. I'm really stupid. I shouldn't have asked that. I just came by to see how you are, you know, check up on Elijah and also.....I have to tell you something." I started to sweat. I don't even know if I should even bother to tell her.  Even though she's in a coma, what if she's hearing me. I don't want to see the expression on her face when I tell her.

F*ck it.

"Tori..."

Deep breaths Vaughan. Deep breaths.

"I know who killed your mother."

AN: Wow. Vaughan? Is that You? I can't believe it. 😂😂Anyways how was chapter 13? Isn't Elijah sweet and caring? Who do you think is the killer? Remember to vote and comment.
Yours truly,
Gea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 16.4K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...
Fight For Her By Liz

Teen Fiction

14.3M 689K 83
Fight For Her is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchase. Scar...
55.4M 1.6M 47
When Franny learns why former popular boy Tyler fell from grace, she gets thrown head-first into his dangerous world but also closer to his timid hea...
4.9K 398 21
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...