Monsters in the Mines: Josh W...

By ChloeReds

Elena Kennedy, best friend of Beth and Hannah Washington, choose to stay behind and let Beth look for Hannah... More

One Year Ago
Memento Mori: Chris
Memento Mori: Jess
Jealousy: Lock
Jealousy: Kiss
Jealousy: Boiler
Isolation
Psychosis: DollHouse
Psychosis: Old Hotel
Psychosis: Saw
Violence
Revelation: Stranger
Revelation: Bitten
Karma
Resolution: Mines
Resolution: Wendigo
In the Mines
Hospital

Loyalty

1.4K 37 5
By ChloeReds

When I wake up I am in the shed outside the Washington Lodge. I don't know why or how, I am. I'm even tried to a chair, the ropes aren't too tight, but tight enough so I can't get out of them. As I look around I hear Chris calling out from outside the shed, "Ashley! Elena!"

I call out to him, "Chris! In here!"

"Elena." Chris walks in and rushes over to me, getting my untied, "What happened, do you know where Ashley is?"

"I got attacked in the kitchen. I have no idea where Ashley is." As I stand Chris and I hear something that sounds like crying, "Ashley?"

"Elena?"

"Ash, we're here."

"Please... help me...!"

"We're comin, Ash. Just keep talking. What happened?"

"He tied me up... I can't move."

"Ashley, we're gonna get you out of this, don't worry."

"I'm really scared."

"I know sweetie, it's okay.

"Hurry, please!! Oh, God. You have to get me out of here before he comes back!" As Chris and I look around to see if we can find anywhere Ashley would be, a light turns on in the next room, revealing Ashley and Josh tied up in chains on a wall. "Elena...? Chris...? Are you there?"

"Hello," We hear a new voice over the speakers. The voice sounds very auto tuned and messed with, "And thank you all for joining me."

"Josh!" Oh, my God, Josh wake up!"

"Huh..? What...? What is this?" Josh starts to come to. 

Chris tries to open the door to the room to get to the two of them, but can't. As he pulls on the door the psycho speaks again, "Tonight we're going to conduct a little experiment. A sort of test."

"Ashley, what the hell is going on?"Josh looks over to Ashley.

"I don't know." Ashley shakes her head, "I don't know, I don't know...!"

"Now for this experiment, we'll need the cooperation of our two test subjects... Joshua and Ashley..." The psycho chuckles.

I place my hands over my mouth then I see the saw blade set up between the two of them, "Oh, my God."

"But we're going to need more than one brave participant to help decide... Which subject will live, and which will die."

Josh and Ashley start to try and get out of his chains, "Oh no! My God, oh, my God! Oh God, Chris! Get us out of here!" Ashley screams.

"No! You can't do this! Let me down from here you maniac!" Josh shouts along with her.

"Please. Please, please, everyone calm down. It's all very simple." The psycho states, "Christopher, you will find a lever placed directly in front of you. All you have to do... is choose who you will save!"

"Oh no.. Please!" Ashley begs. "This can't be happening...! Oh God oh God oh God...! This isn't right..."

"Shit... shit... no!" Josh shakes his head, "Okay.. okay... okay, this is gonna be okay..."

"Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap." Chris puts his fingers on the back of his head.

"Dude... buddy... Let's just think about this for a minute..."

"Oh, my God." Ashley cries, "CHRIS! You can't let me die!"

Chris moves in front of the lever and shakes his head, "Ashley, I'll get you out of this I won't let you die!"

"Oh God... Thank god!" Ashley takes a few shaky breaths, "Thank you... thank you!"

"No! Please no!" Josh cries out.

I shake my head, "This is insane... this is nuts." I place my hands on the back of my neck, "This isn't happening. Please tell me this isn't happening."

"I... I don't know what to do..." Chris shutters.

"Bro! Bro, we've been through so much, come on... I don't wanna go out like this...!" Josh shouts.

"Chris." Ashley shakes her head, "please! I'm so scared! Please don't let them kill us!"

"I know... I know we haven't been the best of friends lately... and I've been kinda messed up and everything... but I'm getting better, man... I swear!" Chris can turn the lever to Ashley and the saw beings to move. Turning to Josh and moving toward him. "AAHHH!!! NO CHRIS!"

The psycho chuckles, "Ah... I see. You have chosen... to save Ashley."

Chris puts his heads over his mouth, "Oh... oh no... No, no, no, no, no, no, no..."

I begin to beat on the glass, trying to get to Josh and Ashley, "OH GOD, JOSH!!"

Chris grabs me and turns me away from the sight before us, "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!! THIS IS MADNESS, PLEASE!"

"AHH!! NO!!" I cry

"I thought we were FRIENDS man! I thought we were FRIENDS why would you DO THIS!?" Josh yells. "NO! OH GOD WHAT DID I DO!??" Josh screams. Soon Josh stops screaming.

I feel Chris lift away from me, "No no no. D... don't look, Ashley, don't look!"

"Why can't I look, Chris? Please tell me he's okay, please...!" Ashley cries.

"Ohh..." Chris separates from me when the door opens, and the two of us run into the room.

No... Argh!"

"I'm coming Ash, I'm gonna get you. I'm letting you down. Shhh... stop, please- Come on, come on, let's get you down... come on... we're gonna get you out of here..." Chris runs over to Ashley and starts to untie her.

I freeze in the doorway looking over to Josh's body, "No! No!" I run over to him and place my hands on his cheeks and he's still warm. I feel the warm tears run down my face.

"We gotta go, okay?" Chris grabs my arm and pulls me away.

As we run out of the shed with Ashley, we run into Matt and Emily. "Chris! Ashley! Elena!" Matt shouts as we run up the trail to them.

"Blood! Blood!" Emily shrinks. "Whose blood is that, Ash?"

"Are you okay?"

"Chris, what happened?"

Chris shakes his head and is still really shaken up, "J... Josh... "

"Josh what, dude?" Matt looks between the three of us confused.

"He's dead."

"Wait, what?"

"Right in front of us, man..."

"What are you talking about?!" Emily shakes her head.

"There's a maniac..." Chris takes a deep breath.

"Maniac?" Matt looks over to Emily.

"Oh, my God." Emily shakes her head, "We gotta get outta here."

"I don't understand what  happened."

"There's a maniac!" I shout, "And.. he was... there was a saw... and it was either him or Ashley and we didn't know what to do! It cut right through him and..." I shake my head and cry.

"What?!" Emily gasps, "Oh, my God, Elena, what!?"

"I..." Chris sighs loudly, "I killed him..."

"Whoa, Chris..." Matt shakes his head.

"It was my fault, Matt."

"No, no, this is insane," Emily shakes her head, "We need to go get some help."

"We're gonna figure this out, man." Matt nods.

"Matt, we need to get help now."

"Chris, she's right. Who know who'll be next, alright? We just gotta go."

"Yeah... yeah.. It's the only sane thing to do." Emily nods, "We'll go get help..."

"No, you just want to save yourself," Chris snaps at Emily.

"No, I just don't want to make hasty decisions that get everyone killed. You can get everyone else together... and I'll go get help. With Matt, right?"

"Umm... okay." Matt nods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1K 18
Josh and (Y/N) were close friends. Josh had wanted to confess his love to (Y/N) but he wasn't able to. While he slept, (Y/N) and Beth heard a commoti...
5.1K 128 11
It's been a year since the tragedy at Mount Washington, Danielle Castillo and her friends return to where it all began. This is an Until Dawn fic wi...
21.2K 387 12
One year after the disappearance of Hannah and Beth Washington, you and your friends return to the mountain. Hoping to find closer and peace, but fin...
9.5K 246 15
When a group of teenagers play a prank on Hannah Washington, she gets upset and runs into the bone-chilling, never-ending forest on her parents' moun...