Kiwi | Harry Styles

By Lollipop2204

And then my soul saw you and it kind of went, "Oh, there you are. I've been looking all over for you." Jessi... More

Introduction
Prologue
One*
Two*
Three*
Four*
Five*
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Epilogue
Author's Note

Seventeen

3.3K 94 82
By Lollipop2204

A/N - Trying out a new editing method so hopefully there will be less punctuation and grammar errors.

Harry

I was standing at the top of the Empire State Building, taking a picture of Niall and Lori with Jessi's camera, I could feel Jessi watching me and I wanted to impress her with my limited photography skills but I knew she could take the photo better than I could. I looked over at her smiling face, her big brown eyes locked on me.

"What? Tell me what I'm doing wrong?" I pouted. Niall and Lori were getting impatient.

"I can't see what you're doing. Why do you think I'm judging you? I'm not," She shrugged and held up her hands in surrender.

"Harry, just take the picture." Niall groaned. There were just the four of us here, Lori had got them to let us in an hour before they opened, probably with some help from management, none the less I appreciated the privacy. I glanced over at Jessi one last time before I took the picture, the encouraging smile on her face making my heart race. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her as she looked out over the view. It really was amazing. Nothing like where I came from, it seemed like an easy place to disappear, to become invisible. Sometimes I wished to be anonymous. 

"I like how pretty everything looks from up here. It's like New York has put on its best dress and is showing off to the world. But scratch the surface and it's not so different from everywhere else." She pulled my hands into her pockets, they were nice and toastie, she had hand warmers in there and my hands were freezing.

"It's kind of like being famous, everyone sees this perfect image of you, all the time, but really you're just like everyone else, just as flawed." I wiggled my fingers, they were warming up, nicely.

"Sometimes, flaws make something beautiful." She put her hands in her pockets, interlocking her fingers with mine. I liked that thought although I failed to see a single flaw with the woman in my arms. "You're so beautiful," I kissed her cheek which was all chilly from the cold.

"Beautifully flawed," Her soft chuckle sounded like birdsong and it made me smile even although I wanted to correct her about being flawed. She was perfect.

"Do you want me to take a picture of you two?" Lori smiled. "You look so sweet together."

"Yeah." I smiled, spinning us around and handing Lori the camera. She took a few photos and then handed Jess back the camera. I heard my phone ring in my pocket and smiled when I saw Nick's name on my screen.

"Morning Nicholas" I smirked as I answered the phone, Jess snapping pictures beside me.

"It's afternoon here, you in Lala land?" Nick's happy mood was obvious.

"New York, New York."

"So good they named it twice!" My friend finished the phrase which made me grin. "What are you doing in New York?" I felt Jessi pat my bum as she moved around me to take more photos which made me want to say her name as my answer to Nick's question.

"Sightseeing," I replied instead.

"By yourself?" I could see his questioning look in my mind. "No. I'm with Jessi, Niall and Niall's girlfriend, Lorena," I waited to see what he'd do with that information.

"Oh, Jessi. The girl your Mum's been telling me about?" He exclaimed. "Let me speak to her."

"Nope. And stop speaking to my Mum!" I pouted.

"Please. I won't tell her what a giant idiot you are, I promise." He chuckled.

"Baby, say hi to Nick!" I blurted out, and I just knew Nick would not let the pet name slide.

"Hi Nick!" She yelled and waved her hand even although he couldn't see her and the dorky mistake made me smile.

"I suppose you'd like me to ignore the fact you called her Baby?" Nick replied. "That would be nice, yeah." I rolled my eyes while I waited for his emphatic no.

"Tough. Harry's in luuuurv," His voice boomed back at me. "Is she British or American, I can hear a bit of both in her voice?"

"Born in London and now lives in New York," I watched her as she harassed Lori by taking photos. Lori's arms swatting at her as Jessi giggled and continued to capture pictures.

"Ooh. A city girl? She's a photographer, right?"

"Mmhmm," My eyes were fixed on Jess as she absentmindedly licked her lips, the shine it left made me want to kiss her.

"Okay. I can tell I'm losing you... so the reason I called was to ask if I could bring somebody to your party?" Nick's voice brings my attention back to the phone.

"Obviously, you can bring a date Nick. Do I know him?"

"No. This is perfect, now I can meet Jessi and you can meet William. Jessi is coming to your party isn't she?" I could hear the excitement in Nick's voice but I couldn't resist teasing him a little. "Please tell me you haven't kidnapped the future King?"

"Ha - Ha - Ha!" Nick scoffed. And I chuckled as Jessi wrapped her arms around me. "You're such an ass."

"Hey!" I smirked.

"Well see you soon, I guess. Tell Jessica I said bye" And he hung up without even waiting for my response. I bet he was running late for something.

"Nick said bye," I rested my chin on Jessi's head. "I'd like to meet him, he made you laugh, a lot," She grinned up at me.

"Well then, you're in luck because he'll be at my Birthday Party," I kissed her forehead which was quite cold so I tugged off my beanie hat and pulled it snugly around her head.  

"Are you ready for the next stop?" Lori yelled excitedly, heading inside. "Thank you" Jessi whispered her fingers linking with mine again. "Where are we going?" I whispered to Jess as we followed behind Niall and Lori.

"I'm not supposed to tell you." She giggled, sweetly.

"Aww, please," I pouted.

"Lori, Harry is trying to get me to tell him where we're going," She yelled.

"Harry Edward Styles don't make me separate you guys!" Lori yelled. Jessi stuck her tongue out at me and I got her back by tickling her. She was squirming and giggling so much she tripped over her own feet and almost fell over. I'd met no one as clumsy as her, she was constantly tripping up and walking into things. We both giggled childishly as we headed to our next destination and no matter where we went I was happy to be going there with her.

-----

Lori stopped at Rockefeller Center. Niall's fear had come true, we were ice skating. He looked nervous.

"Niall, you'll be fine. I'll help you." Lori said as Jessi and I got our skates. I was feeling fairly confident I could impress Jess here. I could skate fairly well, I was even ice skating in our last video.

"Do you want us to wait for you?" Jess asked Lori and Niall.

"No, we'll be fine." Niall smiled, I think he was enjoying having Lori fussing over him. I followed Jess onto the ice, it was quiet, there were a few other people here but not too many. My mouth dropped open as she skated off around the rink, did a pirouette and skated back towards me.

"My Mum used to bring me here every week." She smiled as an explanation.

"Here was me thinking I could do something that would impress you." I sighed.

"Aw Harry, don't be silly. You're a very impressive specimen. Plus, you do more than impress me, you inspire me to be better." She smiled, skating off again. I chased after her and reached for her hand; I held it tight as we skated around the rink, even although I knew I probably shouldn't. Jessi stopped to take pictures, she took some of Niall and Lori. Niall was doing surprisingly well, he was only holding onto Lori with one hand now and could skate in a straight line. I laughed as Jessi skated in circles around me taking pictures.

"My turn." I smiled, holding out my hand for the camera. I skated over to the edge and told her to go skate. I enjoyed watching her mess around, I took pictures of her spinning. She looked as graceful as a swan, gentle curves and her warm breath puffing out in a soft mist.

"Excuse me, young man." I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to find an old lady smiling at me.

"Yeah? Are you okay?" I smiled.

"Could you please help me? I'm trying to take a picture of my grandchildren over there, but I can't get this darn thing to work." She said, shaking her phone up and down.

"I'd be happy to help. The two kids by the statue?" I asked, taking the phone from her.

"Yeah. That's them, they know how to work that thing better than I do." She chuckled. I took several photos, and she yelled over at them to smile and I took another couple.

"Thank you. You're an angel." She smiled as I handed the phone back.

"You're welcome. It was no problem." I smiled.

"You and your girl make a lovely couple." She said as she went to sit down.

"Thank you," I yelled after her. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face as I skated towards Jessi who was helping Lori show Niall how to turn. By the time we left, he could skate around the rink with Lori quite confidently. I was excited to see what we'd be doing next.

-----

Jessi

We'd just sat down to dinner and I was feeling glad we finished the activities for the day. I was pretty tired and despite all the fun we'd had; I was looking forward to spending time alone with Harry.

"I have one more surprise after dinner" Lori announced. It surprised me, we'd done everything on her list, The Empire State Building, Skating at Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, Times Square and Central Park Zoo.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm not telling." She grinned.

"Is it something I don't like? Is that why you haven't told me?" I knew her. This was how she liked to trick me into things.

"Under normal circumstances maybe but I think you'll like it." She smiled, glancing from me to Harry and back again. Harry squeezed my thigh, and I felt my body relax.

"You really don't like surprises. It's not just me." He whispered in my ear. I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Everything else we've done today has been great, I'm sure this will be too." He wrapped his arm around me and I knew I should pull away from him, just like I should've stopped him all the other times he'd hugged me or held my hand today but I was weak and I was sure nobody was watching. I wished it could always be like this.

"Excuse me?" A little voice suddenly said, I glanced past Harry and saw it was a little girl, she looked about nine or ten.

"Hi!" Harry smiled.

"It is you." The little girl grinned. "Can I have a picture of you, Harry?" I noticed she had a camera in her hand.

"Sure you can" Harry said, getting up from his seat and kneeling down beside her. She stepped back from him and snapped his picture.

"Don't you want to be in the picture?" I asked. "I can take it for you," I smiled, holding out my hand.

"I'm too ugly to be in the photo," She frowned and my heart ached for her, I knew what it was like not to fit other people's idea of who you should be.

"Hey!" Harry and I exclaimed at the same time. To my surprise, she looked towards me and not Harry. I was sure she'd rather hear Harry say she was pretty, but I talked anyway.

"You are very pretty." I smiled and bent down beside her so I could whisper in her ear. "If people can't see that, then that's their problem but I promise you one day somebody amazing will come along and they'll make you feel like the prettiest girl in every room." 

"Really?" She asked, and I nodded, "Promise." She nodded once and handed me her camera and stood beside Harry with a huge grin on her face. I took the photo. "Beautiful," I smiled, looking at the photo.

"Thank you." She hugged me tight and then she skipped back to her table.

"What did you say to her?" Harry asked as we sat back down.

"It's a secret." I smiled.

"Thank you for that. You were amazing." He said, putting his arm around me again.

"Stop! All I did was take a little girl's picture." It really was nothing special, I liked making her happy.

"Seriously Jessi, I've had so many girls almost flip out when a fan asks for a picture or demand I don't do it. I know it can be frustrating sometimes but it hurts me when I see it disappoints a fan." He sighed.

"Are you kidding? Did you see how happy you made her? It's amazing. I promise I'll always be nice to your fans."

"I love you. And Baby, you made her happy, I literally did nothing," He smiled. Kissing my forehead.

"I love you too."

-----

We were heading back to Central Park. Niall and Lori were walking in front of us. I had my arm linked with Harry's. The rest of dinner had been uneventful, Niall and Lori weren't much use for conversation, they were joined at the lips as usual. 

Harry suddenly stopped. "What's wrong?" I asked. He pointed in front of me to the carriage, they weren't an unusual sight in Central Park, we'd seen a couple earlier in the day.

"Happy early birthday present, H!" Niall grinned.

"Enjoy!" Lori said before they both walked away.

"What's going on?" I asked Harry.

"Mr and Mrs Styles, I assume?" A man asked as he gestured towards the carriage.

"No, we're not married," I said as Harry nudged me towards the steps. I climbed on and sat down and Harry climbed in beside me. He had a huge grin on his face.

"Is this your doing?" I asked. Horses kinda scared me.

"I'm surprised he remembered but back when we were on the X Factor me and Niall were the last ones up, one night, and we were talking about random rubbish and I told him that one day I'd like to go on a carriage ride around Central Park with the girl I loved," He grinned, holding me tight. This was a nice end to a perfect day.

It snowed as we headed to the subway. I loved the snow. I stuck my tongue out and tried to catch a snowflake; I looked over to find Harry doing the same thing. People were rushing about around about us but neither of us cared, I caught one and so did Harry and he caught me completely off guard when he planted his lips on mine. I did not fight him, I couldn't have cared if the entire world was watching. He pulled away from me and grabbed my hand.

"Come on, let's go home" He smiled, running towards the tube station. My heart beat a little faster at him calling my apartment home. It certainly felt more like home when he was there.

We'd barely got in the door before he was undressing me. A shiver ran over my entire body as his cold hands slipped under my t-shirt, I quickly finished undressing and jumped into the bed. I watched as Harry got undressed, slowly. Painfully, slowly. He was teasing me and we both knew it. This must be my payback for earlier. I was becoming hornier by the second. He pulled down his boxers and crawled up my body. I was tingling all over. He lowered his lips, so they were almost touching mine and I couldn't help whimpering, I wanted him so badly.

"Ok. Night then!" He smirked and rolled over, facing away from me. I lay there stunned for a few seconds, my mouth hanging open.

"Harry!" I whined, wrapping my arm around him and pressing my body against his back. He said nothing, so I ran my hand down his torso, he stopped me, grabbing my hand and pulling my arm tightly around his body.

"Harry, please!" I begged.

"I said I'd get you back, you begged for it, remember?" He laughed. I kissed and sucked behind his ear, feeling victorious when a moan escaped his lips. He got up and walked away from the bed.

"Uh. I hate you!" I giggled. Suddenly his body was pinning me down onto the bed, his eyes dark like the forest. "Don't even joke about that," He said in a growl. I pressed my lips to his, kissing him deeply, he'd stopped fighting me. His hands were massaging my breasts, his thumbs teasing my nipples. My moans vibrating across our lips. I wiggled my hips against his erection, his moans now making my lips tingle. He broke the kiss as he pushed inside me, my legs wrapping around him. My muscles squeezed him as he thrust hard. Waves of pleasure built inside me as he sucked my nipple. My back arched off the bed as I got closer, his thrusts getting faster. I knew neither of us was going to last long but I didn't care. Harry continued to bury himself deep inside me determined to drive us both over the edge.

"I love you" I yelled out as pure ecstasy overwhelmed us. "I love you too." He said, collapsing on top of me. We both lay there exactly like that, panting like we'd run a marathon.

Once he'd recovered, Harry kissed me gently on the nose before sitting up. He was looking around the room as if he was searching for something.

"You okay?" I asked, sitting up beside him.

"Why don't you have any photos?" He asked.

"I do. I haven't put them out. I couldn't decide which ones I liked best so they are still in boxes." I said, pointing to the wardrobe.

"Can I see them?" He smiled. I got up and walked into my wardrobe and brought out two boxes and sat them down on the bed. He leaned against the headboard and motioned that I should sit between his legs so I climbed on the bed and sat down, leaning against his body, he pulled one box over and opened it up.

"Who's that you're with?" He asked, pulling out the photo on the top.

"That's my Mum."Danny took it at The Ace a few months before she died.

"Seriously? How old is she? I thought it was a friend of yours," He said, wrapping an arm around me.

"She was 35" I replied. She'd always be 35. Forever. I looked hard at the picture, she looked happy. No telltale signs of what she was planning.

"So she was young when she had you then?" He placed the photo down on the bed.

"She was fifteen" I don't know how she did it, I still struggled with taking care of myself, nevermind having a baby.

"Wow! I can't even imagine that. By our age, she had a five-year-old. That's crazy." He ran his hand down my arm, making me shiver.

"I know. She is - was amazing." I corrected myself. It surprised me I didn't feel like crying, this was probably the most I'd spoken about her in a while. I smiled as Harry pulled his sweatshirt over my head, I hadn't even noticed him reach for it.

"Is that your yearbook?" He said excitedly as I slid my arms into his sweatshirt. He opened it up and my prom pictures fell out. He picked them up and flicked through them.

"Your prom date was called Sylvester?" Harry chuckled.

"What's wrong with that?" I nudged him in the ribs. Just wait until he found out his surname was Stallone. His Mum was a huge fan.

"Nothing. He looks a little like Marcel." He kissed my neck.

"Who's Marcel? I always thought he looked like Reid from Criminal Minds. He's as smart as him too." I replied. Harry scrolled through his phone before handing it over. It was a YouTube video for Best Song Ever. I pressed play. "Is that Louis & Niall?" I asked before spotting Zayn. "Damn Z! He makes a hot lady!" Lori must have shown me this video but I really couldn't remember. Harry was laughing behind me.

"You look so hot in this video." I smiled as I watched them walk through the door. He kissed my neck again. "Oh My God! You look adorable!" I giggled. "I love this. I think Liam is my favourite," I laughed.

"Hey!" Harry whined. I turned my head and kissed his cheek.

"You're cute when you're jealous" I smiled. I jumped as I heard my door buzzer. "No, it can't be time for you to go already." I looked over at the clock and sure enough, it was 2 am. "Please don't go!" I wrapped my arms around him.

"Okay." He said, holding me tight.

The door buzzer went again. "It won't stop, will it?" I sighed.

"Probably not," Harry said flatly. He got up and walked to the door and told the driver he'd just be a minute. I watched him get dressed, sadness creeping over me. I got up off the bed and followed him to the door. He put his hand on the door handle and then stopped.

"I can't do it." He sighed.

"Yes, you can. I'll see you real soon. It'll fly by." I said, trying to convince me as much as him.

"I love you." He said, kissing me passionately.

"I love you too," I said as the door buzzer interrupted our kiss. He opened the door, and I went to follow him outside but quickly realised I was only wearing his sweatshirt.

"Stay here. It's too cold outside." He said as the door closed behind him and I ran to the window. I watched as he walked down the steps and put his bag in the boot. He walked to the door of the car and looked up at me. The street lights shone on him as if he were an angel. I smiled as he blew me a kiss and I blew one back, then he got in the car and I watched as it drove off and turned the corner.

I turned round to find that my apartment had that big and empty feeling again. I climbed into bed and found my phone. "I miss you." I sent before hugging his pillow tight, a feeling of emptiness overwhelming me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 620 73
Paislee Martin Is an eighteen year old girl, who just finished high school. Every year, for one month during summertime, she goes to California to se...
1.5K 60 32
Lily is a girl with so many hopes and dreams. But is forced to give them all up when her dad abandoned the family leaving her with only her mom, litt...
123K 1.9K 50
Cassie's on a vacation in L.A but last thing she expects is meeting Harry Styles. A strong undeniable bond forms, but will it be only a summer love o...
12.8K 316 116
There is mature content in this book. Read at own risk. Harry Styles from One Direction is tired of being single. By chance, he stumbles upon a video...