Just a little Sweet

By swettyslove

Betty and her twin brother Sweet Pea, live alone in the small town of Riverde. Their parents were unfortunate... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 28

1.4K 65 46
By swettyslove

I hope you enjoy 😊 ❤️

Betty POV:

Dad and I were up at about 8:30 am when we decided to go to the doctors. I didn't want Sweet Pea to come because I knew all he'd be doing is worrying over me. In fact if anyone should be stressed it's Sweet Pea.

As we were getting ready to leave, it's like Sweet Pea could read our minds because he woke up and walked out of his room.

Sweet Pea: where are you guys going? He asked.

I tried my best to tell him calmly that I was going to the doctors, just to see if what dad said was right. I ended up failing and now he's coming with us.

We got into dads car and Sweet Pea kept checking up on me although I felt fine.

We arrived at the doctors office and took a seat as we waited for my name to be called.

About an hour later of boring waiting, finally a female doctor came out and called my name.

We walked into the doctors office and I took the closest seat to her. She began by asking me a few questions and checking my blood pressure.

She said everything looked normal to her and that it was most likely stress and anxiety.

I was glad that it's only anxiety.

She told me that I should rest as much as possible and try my best to relax and remove negative things from my life. I guess Sebastian being locked up is definitely going to help.

We thanked her and headed home.

As soon as I walked through the door Sweet Pea made me sit down on the couch.

Sweet Pea: you need to rest as much as possible. You're not to move at all. He said sternly but softly.
Betty: yeah I'm a human, I've got to move to do things. I told him.
Sweet Pea: Nope, what ever you need or want, I'll do it for you. He said.
Hal: so basically you're offering to be her slave, just like every other day. He said with a laugh.
Betty: hey, don't be mean to my slave. I said back. Sweet Pea rolled his eyes at the both of us.

Betty: well if you must be my slave, can you get me a bottle of water? I asked. He nodded his head and walked into the kitchen.

He soon came back with a bottle of water.

I then told him to sit with me. I don't need him slaving over me all day.

Dad soon headed off to the Wyrm to do some business. But before he left he checked up on me and told me to call him if I needed anything.

I spend the whole day on the couch, whenever I moved a inch Sweet Pea would glare at me. He's like a damn hawk. But I did make him stay with me all day, for two reasons. I didn't want to be lonely, I also always spend my time with him and I didn't want that to change. Secondly, he needs as much rest as I do, he probably needs more.

I know for the past couple months he's been worried about me, even before Sebastian, that was just another unfortunate event. He's been worrying about me since mum and dad came back.

I inched myself closer to him, just wanting to be near him. He noticed what I was doing and lifted up his arm so I could move myself even closer to him. I rested my head on him and he wrapped his arm around me tightly. He looked down at me with a soft look.

Sweet Pea: you don't need to worry about me. He said softly.
Betty: I do. I'm the reason for everything you worry about. I said while looking up into his eyes.
Sweet Pea: that's not true. He told him.
Betty: it is. I said with a sigh.
Sweet Pea: are you the reason I worry about if there's a zombie apocalypse? I didn't think so. He said with a small smile. My lips curved into a smile.

I knew he only said it so I wouldn't feel so bad, but I do. I wish I was like him, someone who doesn't mess up everything.

Betty: I love you Swetty. I said as I dug my head into his chest.
Sweet Pea: I love you too Betts, so much. He said as he wrapped his other arm around me. I cuddled into his side.

Sweet Pea: don't feel bad about anything, okay? He said softly. I say nothing.

I can't. He is too nice to me. He shouldn't even be looking after me. All I do is stress him out.

Sweet Pea: okay? He said again. I shake my head no.
Sweet Pea: I guess we're not leaving this spot until you say okay. He say.
Betty: Pea- He cut me off.
Sweet Pea: that didn't sound like okay to me. He said while looking down at me.
Betty: Swetty, I hate that you always have to worry about me because I fuck everything up. I hate myself- He immediately cut me off.
Sweet Pea: never say that again. He warned me.
Sweet Pea: and I love you so much Betty, I literally couldn't care less if you tried to stab me, in fact I would be worried if you broke a nail or something while doing it. I care so much about you. He said. I looked up into his eyes sadly.
Sweet Pea: come on, you know how much I love you and want to protect you. Betty I do everything I do because I care about my favourite twin, who I adore. Don't ever think I'm doing this because I have to, I want to do this. He told me.
Betty: yeah but- Again he cut me off.
Sweet Pea: that's not the word I want to here. He said.

I let out a sigh and decided to give into him. I knew there's no other way I would get him to drop this.

Betty: okay. I said. He smiled.
Sweet Pea: see, was that four letter word really so hard? He said with a chuckle.
Betty: yes. I mumbled.

Hal POV:

As I was leaving and saying goodbye to the twins, it reminded me of when they were younger.

As soon as they were born, they never wanted to spend any time apart. They would both try to hide from me and Alice when they knew they weren't going to be together. They even use to have showers with each other when they were six. They're inseparable.

I remember when they were about four years old. They had gotten sick. Sweet Pea had gotten it first and Betty eventually caught it off him since they would both cough in each other's faces. I found it disgusting but they thought it was normal.

Flashback

We took the two of them to the doctors and they both sat impatiently until we finally got called into the doctors office.

Sweet Pea first got checked out and he just had a cold. When it came time for Betty to get checked out she was completely terrified and was hiding behind Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea whispered something to her and she come out from behind him. She sat as close as possible to him until the doctor was done. She ended up having the same as Sweet Pea.

We headed back home and gave them both some medicine. Sweet Pea went to take a seat on the couch while Betty asked us for ice-cream.

We made her a bowl of ice-cream and she took a seat next to Sweet Pea. Alice and I watched them from the kitchen in amusement. Betty would take a scoop of ice-cream and eat half of it, then she'd give the other half of the ice-cream to Sweet Pea. They did that until all the ice-cream was gone.

Alice: Aw, aren't they adorable? I looked to her in disgust.
Hal: that is absolutely disgusting. I said making her laugh. She placed a kiss on my lips and I wrapped my arms around her.
Alice: they're perfect. She said while looking up into my eyes.
Hal: they are. I said with a smile.

End of flashback

I honestly have no idea what snapped Alice and turned her into the cold hearted person she was.

She use to love the kids with her whole entire heart. Then she tried to hurt Betty, my beautiful daughter, how could Alice do that?

I'm glad she's out of the kids life's. I'm glad Betty has Sweet Pea watching over her at all times. I need both of them to stay safe.

Betty POV:

Since we had the rest of the week off, all Sweet Pea and I did was spend time together.

Sweet Pea made sure I rested and was constantly taking care of me. I love him so much. He always does too much for me.

I had just gotten up to get a drink and I walked back into the lounge. I decided to sit in his lap, I just needed his comfort.

Even as a kid, I'd always sit in his lap. I have no idea why but it's always just stuck with me and I continued to do it.

I walked up to him and sat in his lap, wrapping my arms around his torso.

Betty: I love you. I said into his chest.
Sweet Pea: I love you too. He said softly.
Sweet Pea: what's wrong? He asked as he lifted up my chin so I was facing him.
Betty: I don't want to loose you. I said to him.

It feels like our lives have constantly been up and down, like a roller coaster that we had no choice but to get on.

The one thing that's keeping me together is Sweet Pea. If I need him he's always there.

Sweet Pea: why do you think you'd loose me? He asked while playing with my hair.
Betty: because our lives have been so hectic and they've changed so much. I said to him.
Sweet Pea: I know everything has been crazy but you'll always have me. You don't need to worry about that. He told me. I let out a sigh but nodded my head against his chest.
Sweet Pea: everything is okay. He said while placing a kiss on my head.
Betty: promise? I asked while looking into his eyes.
Sweet Pea: promise. He said with a small smile as he wrapped his arms around me.

Hearing him say that made me feel a little better.

Sweet Pea: lets get out of the house, want to go for a walk? He asked. I nodded my head.

We stood up and walked out to the door. As Sweet Pea was about to reach for his Serpents jacket I quickly got it and put it on.

Sweet Pea: I'm pretty sure you wear my jacket more then I do. He said making me giggle.

His jacket is kinda like a comfort item for me. It always helps me calm down and it makes me feel safe.

Sweet Pea: you might as well keep it. He said.
Betty: can I? I asked with a hopeful look.
Sweet Pea: no. He said with a laugh. I pout.

We soon headed out and walked along the perfectly paved concrete pathway. Sweet Pea had his arm wrapped around my shoulders, keeping me close to him.

We enjoyed the nice cool wind, in which majority of it thankfully didn't reach me as I was being protected by Sweet Pea's jacket. Even when he's not protecting me, he is.

We soon arrived at this park that was close to our house. We took a seat on the bench. I sat cross legged, facing Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea: you cold? He asked.

I couldn't help but let a smile fall onto my lips. He's so cute and protective, even over the smallest of things.

Betty: I'm fine, thank you Swetty. I said making a small smile grace his lips.

Being outside, instead of locked up in the house feels good. It feels good to just be out.

Sweet Pea: remember how we use to always come here. He said with a chuckle. I laughed.
Betty: yeah, and how I'd always make you push me on the swings. I said making us both laugh.

Basically everyday we'd beg mum and dad to take us to the park. We always loved coming here and running around. Mum and dad loved it too because it always burned out our energy. I'm not sure if they loved the part where we made them carry us home, but still, we tired ourselves out.

Sweet Pea: I remember all the times we use to hide from mum and dad so we didn't have to leave. He said with a soft smile. I moved closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder.
Betty: so do I. We thought we were so stealthy as we laughed at the top of our lungs. I said making us both laugh.
Sweet Pea: back when mum was normal. He said making us both sigh.
Betty: I miss her, before she turned crazy. I said while looking up to Sweet Pea.

I really do miss the old mum. She was so kind, loving and funny, she would always buy me dolls and play with me. She was the best mum anyone could ever ask for. She was.

Sweet Pea: so do I Betts. He said softly.

We sat in a peaceful silence as we enjoyed being outside.

All the natural sounds were so calming and relaxing.

We watched as it started getting late and the sun was beginning to set. The sky was currently a stunning pink and orange colour. It looked so beautiful.

No matter how many times I see the sun set or rise, I will always find it to be so beautiful.

Sweet Pea: do you want to start heading home? He asked softly. I nodded my head.

We both got up and just like how we walked here, that's how we walked back home. Me being close into his side as his arm wrapped over my shoulders.

We walked home in the small light that the sky provided us. We were thankfully extremely familiar with this path so we had no trouble getting home.

After a twenty minute walk, we arrived home safely. Sweet Pea opened the door and I walked in first.

I walked in the lounge while Sweet Pea went into the kitchen to get something.

He soon walked back into the lounge with ice-cream and two spoons.

Okay it's official, Sweet Pea is not only the best brother in the world, but he's also the best human.

Whoever he starts dating has to be nothing but the best for him. But then again I don't really want him to date anyone. Selfish? Yes.

I like having Sweet Pea to myself, I love my little brother. He's literally the best person in the world and I know I'm going to be extremely jealous when he gets a girlfriend. I don't want a girl to take my brother away from me.

Betty: promise me you'll never get a girlfriend, you can live with me and Jughead. I said with a smile. He lets out a laugh.
Sweet Pea: as thoughtful as that offer is, I'd rather not. He said with a laugh.
Betty: why? I said while taking a spoonful of ice-cream.
Sweet Pea: well when you're both trying to conceive a child, I'd rather not hear it. He said. I instantly formed a blush causing him to laugh.

Sweet Pea: I can definitely see you getting jealous of the girl I date. He said with a smirk.

I swear he just read my mind.

Betty: of course I will, no girl is allowed to take you away from me. He softened.
Sweet Pea: as if I'd ever let that happen. He said reassuringly.
Sweet Pea: and how do you think I feel now that Jughead has taken away my sister? He said as he ate some ice-cream.
Betty: that's different though. I said to him.
Sweet Pea: how? He questioned.
Betty: well I'm dependent on you, I need you. I said while looking up to him.
Sweet Pea: and you think I don't need you? He said.

I moved the ice-cream out of the way and embraced him in a tight hug.

Sweet Pea: I love you. He said as he hugged me back tightly.
Betty: I love you too. I said while leaning out of the embrace and returning back to eating the ice-cream.

We soon finished the whole pint of ice-cream, although I'm pretty sure I ate most of it.

By the end of the night I had my head resting on Sweet Pea's chest as sleep began to take over my body. We had continued talking about random stuff until I finally closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.

Hal POV:

I arrived home from the Wyrm at about 12 am. I had been trying to message both Sweet Pea and Betty for the past hour but I hadn't gotten a reply from neither of them.

I walked inside and saw that the lounge light was on. I walked into there and saw them both asleep. Betty's head was resting on Sweet Pea's chest and his arms wrapped tightly around her.

I picked up a blanket and wrapped it over them.

I looked down as the twins and I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips.

They really are the best kids.

A/N
I really hope you enjoyed my loves ❤️
This chapter is a bit shorter then usual but oh well.
Please make sure to vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gâzleri gâzlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
304K 5K 96
Cringe. Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner- instagram love story part 1. Part 2 out now. Credits to owners for manips. Started: June 10, 2018.
63.5K 2.6K 37
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
4.2K 119 15
The East High Drama club gets a very special invite to visit the most magical place on earth: Disney World. This is my first story that I've written...