Vampire Academy One-Shots

By PercabethHinny

A collection of Vampire Academy One-Shots. Glimpses of all your favorite couples, from various points in the... More

The Visit
Never Again
What If?
Flashback
Blast From the Past
From Afar
Unbelievable
What If? - Part Two
It's Not Really Goodbye
I Can Explain
On the Defensive
Betrayal in the Highest
Swapped

Imagine

759 19 9
By PercabethHinny

A quick collection of moments based on those "imagine your OTP" posts because they're cute and I want to write them but they're usually pretty short.

----

RPOV

I grinned Dimitri helped me off the mat, having just pinned me after a sparring session.

"Awfully happy for someone who just lost." He noted, shoving his hair away from his face.

"It was a good fight," I said, shrugging. He smiled, looking just a little too smug about his victory. I walked up to him and stretched my arms up and over his shoulders as I always did when I wanted him to lean down so I could kiss him.

He rolled his eyes but obliged. And as soon as he did, I grinned and used his position to fling him down onto the mat, grinning victoriously as I stood over him, "And who said being short didn't have its advantages?"

----

DPOV (AU)

My eyes dart to the door for the millionth time tonight. Tasha was supposed to have been here an hour ago and I've been getting sorry, sympathetic looks for just as long. I would have understood if she'd messaged me at any point to let me know she was running late. Maybe even if this had been the first date I would have accepted she stood me up and gone home to cook dinner for myself. But we've been going out for eight months already, which made it all the more frustrating.

I wave off the waitress one more time but it doesn't take much longer for me to give up. I reach for my wallet to give the waitress a tip despite not ordering anything (I've been taking up one of her tables for the past hour, it's the least I can do.) when a body sits in the seat across for mine. I get ready to give Tasha a piece of my mind when I see that this woman is absolutely not Tasha.

"Uh," I stutter as she starts taking off her coat and scarf, stands of hair, wet from the snow, stuck to her beet red cheeks.

She sounds winded as she starts talking, a beautiful voice hitting my ears, "Sorry I'm so late, people have no idea how to drive in this weather. I swear, two inches of snow and people think the speed limit is thirty on the highway."

I'm far too confused to come up with a proper response, but once she settles herself and grabs a menu, she leans forward, "I'm Rose. Looks like you've been stood up. Whoever she is, she's clearly blind."

I keep my voice down as I respond, "Dimitri, and thank you, but this really isn't necessary."

She shrugs as she peruses the menu, "Maybe, but my friend just texted saying her car won't start and she won't be able to make it. Now, I'm already here so I'm getting dinner no matter what. But if I sit down alone then I'm going to be the one getting the pitying looks."

I lean back in my seat, taken back by her blunt yet convincing manner. After a moment I decide that there's not much harm in sharing dinner with this woman and I settle myself back in. I've known what I was planning on ordering for the past hour, but even so, I reach for my menu. As I do Rose grabs my hand, her gaze not leaving the menu.

"Gotta sell the date angle, huh?" She says, her voice low and teasing.

I laugh, "I suppose." I drop my voice as I continue, "I should let you know I have a girlfriend, however."

This gets her to look up from the menu, "Then she's crazy for not being here. I mean, in this weather I hope she's okay and didn't get into an accident or something that kept her from letting you know she was standing you up, but if that's not the case then she's just crazy and you deserve better."

The way she said it made it sound like she was speaking from experience, and I frown, "Who was your failed date?"

She shrugs, "Some asshole named Jesse. Spoiled rich kid thought I was hot a thought that meant I was willing to fuck him before I met him. Balked when there was a nice dinner involved"

"Well, this may not be a real date, but I hope it's better than that one."

She smiles outright, and it's stunning, "It already is."

----

RPOV

My alarm clock blared beside my head as I glared at it for interrupting my peaceful sleep.

"You're supposed to be off today," Dimitri muttered beside me, clearly not happy with being woken up either.

I slammed my hand on the clock, switching the alarm off as I reluctantly got out of bed, "Yeah, well Tarus has been acting weirder than usual and I want to make sure he's not trying to propose anything stupid."

"If he is then there's nothing you can do about it." He was more awake now, but clearly had no intention of getting up.

"Yeah, but at least I'll know right away. I hate missing meeting days."

"You're not on the schedule, Rose. There's a good chance they won't let you in any way."

I raised my eyebrow, "That's weak. I'm her head guard. I'll just give someone else the day off."

"Rose."

But I was already headed into the bathroom to shower.

-

When I got out I saw that Dimitri had gotten out of bed and, based on the smell, had made himself a pot of coffee. I combed out my hair and left it to air dry, moving to get out my work clothes for the day. My shirt was in the same spot as always, but when I went to grab my pants I found the drawer completely empty. I frowned and looked in the other drawers, but the only thing in the drawers was my socks and underwear. Even my pajamas were gone.

"Dimitri!"

He didn't answer so I threw on my shirt and some underwear before walking into the kitchen, where I saw Dimitri sitting with a newspaper in front of him and coffee in hand. He looked up when he saw me standing in the doorway.

"Where are all of my pants?"

"I figured I'd do laundry while you were gone all day." He said, turning back to the newspaper (impressive, considering I wasn't wearing pants).

"My pants weren't dirty!"

"They weren't?" He didn't look up as he raised an eyebrow, "My mistake."

I groaned, "I need to go to this! Whatever, I'll just throw on some-"

He looked up, the side of his mouth threatening a smile, "Yes?"

"You knew I'd just put on pajamas and change into the spare I keep in the office." I put as much accusation as possible into my voice, figuring out what he'd done.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I could just walk across Court like this."

He sipped his coffee again before responding, "I don't think even Lissa could save you from Croft if you did that."

I groaned, "Dimitri!"

"Well there's not much we can do at this point, the wash is already started." He turned back to his newspaper and I glared.

"So I just have to sit around the apartment without pants all day?"

"Oh no, I hadn't thought of that." His voice was monotone as he spoke, but I could barely detect the amusement in his voice.

"Fine, you win. You had to throw literally all of my pants into the wash to do it but you win. I'll stay home."

He grinned and put his newspaper aside, "There really isn't a downside for you, is there?"

I shook my head but smiled as I sat down next to him, "So you're really going to make me sit around without pants?"

He shrugged, "I thought about keeping one out of the wash but I didn't want to take the risk."

"That, and you really enjoy looking at my ass."

At that, he turned back to the newspaper and drinking his coffee.

----

DPOV (AU)

I slow to a stop as the red numbers tick to zero, leaving only the hand in its place, the woman who I always seem to be behind just barely makes it into the intersection, her uneven steps telling me she's probably walking along to whatever music is playing in the earbuds constantly hanging from her ears. I lose her in the crowd of people before the light changes again and I continue my walk to work, the woman forgotten by the time my security card allows me in the building.

This happens for several weeks. By the two month mark, I'm no longer forgetting her, always three steps ahead of me, always making the light while I wait as she disappears into the crowd. I always think about making those extra steps to catch up to her and talk to her but she is always listening to music that not even an angry honking horn can interrupt.

I notice she's gone one day, but I suppose she's taken a sick day. That is until I see her fly past me, her earbuds hanging around her neck as she takes a moment to turn to me and grin, "I've been winning for two months, can't break the streak now!"

She flys ahead and once again I find myself stuck at the light as she flys through the intersection and into the crowd.

The next day, she's back to being a few steps ahead of me, but balks when she notes the running shoes on my feet.

----

RPOV

Guardian bonding days are truly my greatest contribution to the vampire community. While there have always been those days where a few guardians go to a bar and shoot pool or throw darts or something else equally boring, nothing like this has ever been so commonplace.

About three years ago, after thing really started to settle down, I decided that the best way to work with your guardian team more efficiently was to really bond with them. Thus began the once to twice a month mandatory bonding sessions. If you were off duty then you better be there or face the wrath of Rose Hathaway. (And by that I mean it was completely optional but I am very persuasive so everyone was usually there).

Sometimes it was game night, sometimes it was trivia, sometimes we went out. This month, back by popular demand, it was laser tag. We were all pretty good shots with a real gun thanks to our training, but laser tag was an entirely new beast and there was nothing quite like rubbing it in someones face that they missed you from five feet away.

We usually split up into teams but this was the free-for-all round which meant that no one was safe and pure chaos reigned.

We came here so often that the employees forgoed the usual spiel about safety and how everything worked and told us not to kill anyone or break anything. We all got our vests on and rushed into the arena. The first time we went to a tactical laser tag place, but after that, we went to the most neon, black lighty place we could find and it was a lot more fun.

I saw the lights on my vest activate and the round started. I heard the sounds of lasers start going off and I made my own way through the arena. I racked up a sizeable amount of points as I hunted my quarry. I found him in an unfortunately tactical position, but with some clever finagling and some not completely legal covering of my vest, I snuck up on him and pinned him to the wall, "Hey there Comrade."

He grinned as I kissed him, the safety of the black-light lit room and his position ensured no one would see us. I pulled away and he was still grinning. Then, the real reason I had searched him out. I stepped back, shot him point blank in the chest, and ran off laughing as I went to rack up more points. I could still hear him cursing as I rounded the corner and took out three more people all while headed for safety from a very salty Russian with a laser gun.

(It was made even better when I came in first for points, beating him by one hit).

----

Their dynamic is just so perfect for those OTP prompts I couldn't help myself. Which one was your favorite? Mine's probably the laser tag one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.9K 2.3K 31
This is a different type of story Dimitri still brings Rose & Lissa back from Portland. But that is where almost everything changes very few things a...
73.8K 1.6K 16
After Dimitri tells Rose that his love has faded, all hell breaks loose for the couple, and everyone that they know. Follow Dimitri and Rose along on...
19.9K 674 30
After the death of one of her oldest friends Rose's life changes in unimaginable ways. Will she stay in the moroi world? Will she run? Whatever she d...
77.8K 2K 32
Rose was heartbroken after what Dimitri said. She didn't know what to do. So she ran away with the help of her Dad. She became the Red Rose, feared b...