Unwritten (Summer Of Taking C...

By infinityh16

Dominique fell asleep after drowning her grief with bottles of beer. When she woke up a surprising news greet... More

PROLOGUE
Last Memory
Forgotten
Resume
Max
The Painting
Secret Love
Tattoo
Out of Town
The Truth
Avoidance
Shattered Dreams
Hope
The Photo
Space
Daniel
Date Night
Physical Intimacy
Unattainable
Vincent
Dream or Memory?
Worth It
Vanessa
Sweet Creature
Kiss
Sick
Investment & Custody Battle
Overnight
Kidnapped
Unwritten
Almost
The Cure
A New Day
Yearning
The Property
God Killer
Arwen ❤ Diana
Avalanche
Diaries
Dishonesty
Birthday
Firework
Cube Ring
Home
EPILOGUE

Ferry

4K 211 1
By infinityh16

8

DOMINIQUE

"Do you know anything about my tattoo?" Dominique asked Pris while walking out of the cinema. Pris asked her to watch a movie and she said yes because she's bored at home. She wished to get back to work but that wasn't an option. Her father didn't let her. Pwede naman nyang reviewhin ang summary report ng kumpanya in the last three years but he wanted her to prioritize her health. But what if her condition was permanent? Habang- buhay na lang ba syang mananatili sa bahay?

Lalo syang napalapit kay Pris. Lagi sila nitong magkasamang lumabas para kumain o kaya mamasyal. Sumasama minsan sa kanila sina Mary at Kristine kung hindi busy ang mga ito sa trabaho. Pris always made time for her. Kahit nakikita nyang pagod ito, pinupuntahan sya nito sa bahay kahit saglit lang.

Natigilan si Pris sa tanong nya. Napahinto din ito sa paglalakad. "The Ouroboros?"

"Yes. Wait, may iba pa ba akong tattoo na hindi nalalaman?" Dominique panicked. She checked every inch of her body after discovering the tattoo on her back.

Nangiti si Pris sa reaksyon nya. "Wala na."

"So why did I get a tattoo?" Ulit nya sa tanong. Hindi sumagot si Pris. She just stood there looking at her strangely.

"I'm not sure why," she said quietly but couldn't look Dominique in the eye.

Kahit sandali pa lang nya ulit nakikilala si Pris, alam na nya kung nagsisinungaling ito sa kanya. Diretso sya nitong tignan kapag nakikipag-usap pero umiiwas ng tingin kapag hindi ito kumportable sa usapan o kaya kapag may hindi ito masabi.

"What about the drone in the glass case? Importante ba sa akin yun?"

"I don't..."

"You don't know?!" Dominique started to get irritated.

"Someone gave it to you. I don't know why it's important to you," napilitang sabi ni Pris.

"Who? Sinong nagbigay?"

Pris opened her mouth to answer but decided against it. "I...don't know."

"Best friend ba talaga kita? Bakit parang wala kang alam tungkol sa akin?" Dominique's temper was rising. Madaling uminit ang ulo nya lalo kapag may kasagutan syang hindi makuha. Simula nang mabasa ang dalawang diary, gustong-gusto nyang malaman kung anong nangyari sa mga sumunod na taon. Something important happened and she could feel it in her bones.

She asked her parents about it but she knew they weren't telling her the whole story. Even her brother, Mary and Kristine. They repeated Pris' story about her Ilocos trip but didn't give elaborate details. They were all hiding something.

Pris looked at her desperately. "Dominique..."

"I think you are lying. I hate liars." Inis nyang tinalikuran si Pris at naglakad palayo rito.

"Dominique, wait." Hinawakan sya ni Pris sa braso at pinigilang umalis.

Nagpumiglas si Dominique para mabitawan sya nito. Lalong uminit ang ulo nya nang may maramdaman syang tila kuryenteng dumaloy sa katawan nya nang hawakan sya nito. She didn't like the emotions she'd been feeling whenever she's with Pris. It was confusing her more.

Hinarap nya ulit si Pris. "I don't want to see you anymore," Dominique said forcefully. "Magpakita ka na lang sa akin if you are ready to be honest." She was about to walk out when Pris spoke.

"Kung sasabihin ko sayo ang totoo, maipapangako mo bang hindi mo ako lalayuan?" Marahang tanong ni Pris.

Dominique suddenly felt scared. Bakit naman nya ito lalayuan? Could she handle the truth?

"I want the truth, Pris."

Bumuntong- hininga si Pris. "Okay. I will tell you everything. Tomorrow. At dinner."

"Bakit bukas pa?" Dominique demanded.

"Because I want to spend time with you. Let's have fun today and the whole day tomorrow too. Then I'll tell you everything. Please, pagbigyan mo na ako," tila nagmamakaawang sabi ni Pris sa kanya. Nakangiti ito sa kanya pero malamlam ang mga mata nito. Dominique felt her irritation abated."Please." Her eyes were pleading desperately.

"Fine," Dominique yielded. Makakapaghintay naman sya hanggang bukas. Medyo na-guilty din sya sa inasal nya rito. Napakabuti nito sa kanya pero ito ang sumalo ng frustrations nya. "Ano bang gagawin natin?"

Pris still looked worried but she gave her a wide smile. "Secret." Nauna na itong maglakad.

"Did I kill someone?" Tanong ni Dominique. Napahinto si Pris. "I didn't do anything to break the law, did I?" She just wanted to make sure she didn't do anything like that.

Pris chuckled. "No you didn't. Let's go."Tumalikod na ito at naglakad. Sumunod na lang si Dominique rito. "But you may break my heart." Narinig nyang sabi ni Pris pero hindi sya sigurado dahil mahina lang iyon. Dominique ignored it. Maybe she didn't hear it right.

"Why are we here?" Dominique asked. Nasa isang ferry station sila sa gilid ng Ilog Pasig. Sinabi nito kanina na gagawin nila ang mga hindi pa nagagawa ni Dominique. Dinala sya nito somewhere in Mandaluyong. Nagpark ito saka lumabas ng sasakyan. Sumunod lamang si Dominique and they ended up here.

"We are going swimming," natatawang sagot ni Pris. "Sasakay tayo sa ferry," dugtong nito nang sinamaan ito ng tingin ni Dominique.

Dominique looked at the murky water. There were water lilies floating along with garbage. She imagined the ferry being capsized. She'd die of pollution rather than drowning.

"You'll be safe with me," Pris whispered in her ears. Her warm breath made Dominique's body involuntarily shudder and she secretly wished Pris didn't notice.

Inalalayan sya nito habang pasakay ng ferry. Nginitian si Dominique ng isang lalaking crew doon at pinagmasdan sya ng buong paghanga. "Welcome aboard, Miss KC," biro pa nito. "Hi Ma'am." Kay Pris naman ito ngumiti. "Maganda na umaga ko dahil nakita ko na kayong dalawa."

"Ikaw talaga Kuya Bong. Masyado kang honest," nangingiting sabi ni Pris. Tumawa ang lalaki. Umupo sila sa may bandang likuran ng puting ferry.

"Kilala nila tayo?" Bulong na tanong nya. Pris nodded. "So, this is not my first time?"

"Nope. But technically it's still your first time," Pris pointed out and Dominique didn't argue. "Isa pa, who could forget you? You look like KC Concepcion. But for me..." Pris gazed into her eyes. "...you're more beautiful."

"Ewan ko sayo." Binaling ni Dominique ang tingin sa kabilang side ng ferry para hindi nito makitang nag-blush sya.

Despite the polluted water, Dominique enjoyed the ride. It was a new experience for her. Since school- bahay lang ang ginawa nya when she was still studying, she never get to do things like this. Medyo natakot lang si Dominique nang may nakasalubong silang bangkang de motor at medyo umalon kaya napaangat din ang ferry. Pris held her hand to calm her down when she saw panicked in her eyes.

After getting off the ferry, they walked until they reached Binondo church. They bought candles and lit them. Dominique closed her eyes. She prayed for her health and to get her memories back. When she opened her eyes, Pris was still praying with her eyes closed.

Dominique let herself freely stared at her. She noticed Pris' long lashes. The dancing light coming from the candles gave a delightful effect on her beautiful face. She felt the desire to caress her face and run her fingers on her gorgeous cleft chin.

"You're staring," Pris said amused but her warm brown eyes were fixed intently at Dominique's.

Dominique shyly took her eyes away from her. She was caught staring. "Gutom na ako. Can we eat?"

"Of course."

They ate delicious dumplings and stir fried noodles. After walking along Ongpin, Pris bought two plain black baseball cap on the street and put one on Dominique's head.

"Para hindi ka masyadong mainitan," sabi ni Pris habang sinusuot din ang cap sa ulo nito. "Divisoria is too crowded." She was contemplating where to take Dominique next. "Let's go," she took her hand and pulled her.

Dominique found herself in Intramuros. They rented bicycles made of bamboo and toured the walled city. Pris took a lot of pictures of her. They stopped to get coffee at Starbucks, sat outside and contently watched people passing by when they got tired. Before sunset, they were on the ferry again and got back to retrieve Pris' car.

"Wear something comfortable tomorrow," Pris said when they reached Dominique's home. "And bring extra clothes. We are going swimming."

"Where?" Dominique was curious.

"It's a secret," Pris said mysteriously. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Wait, why don't you stay for dinner?"

"I'd love to but I have to go back to the academy. I'm meeting my mother there," nanghihinayang na sabi ni Pris. "I have to go."

For a moment, Dominique thought Pris was going to kiss her pero bigla na lang itong tumalikod at sumakay na sa kotse. Kiss her where? Dominique wondered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 2.7K 39
After her best friend's heartbreak, Olivia Morgan swears to seek revenge by giving the top student, Melanie Montemayor, a taste of her own medicine...
34.4K 974 22
Thales Reiu x Gwynedd Villonez
41K 1.8K 47
STATUS: COMPLETED (BOOK 1 OF NO RESTRICTIONS) There are things in life that's worth living for. It may be a friend, a family, or a lover. Life has lo...
Tacenda (GxG) By NoClue

Mystery / Thriller

7.3K 528 19
Serafina Teo Fabian and Zora Xanthe are two of the fortunate ten authors who received an email from Mangata Súton inviting them to become her apprent...