Blade Series: Another Phantom...

By KaitoRin1

Another Fanfic with my OC, Kaitlyn/Blade, and in this one she's known as the famous Phantom Thief, Kaitou Bla... More

Chapter 1: What the hell is going ON!
Chapter 2: Pandora! Wait, Who is that?
Chapter 3: An Immortal Thief
Chapter 4: Way Out
Chapter 5: Explanation
Chapter 6: Long Night
Chapter 7: My New Cousin
Chapter 8: News and Plans
Chapter 9: Unexpected Home Visit
Chapter 10: School Time
Chapter 11: Kaito's Friends
Chapter 12: A Day At The Park
Chapter 13: Bullies
Chapter 14: Pranks
Chapter 15: Explosion and Fire
Chapter 16: The Detective Boys Visit
Chapter 17: Talk, Research and Preparation
Chapter 18: Chaos Before the Show
Chapter 19: Show Time
A/N: Got Tagged
Chapter 20: The Show Must Go On~!
Chapter 22: Review
Chapter 23: Morning
Chapter 24: Jewel and Foresight
Chapter 25: Caution and Approach
Chapter 26: A Well Needed Talk

Chapter 21: Curtain Closed

815 49 5
By KaitoRin1

Conan's POV

As Blade pulled four matchsticks and set them on fire.

He gave a devilish smirk before breathing a large breath. A large string of orange, yellow flame shot out from the Thief's mouth, almost as if he were spitting fire.

He twirled from were he stood, and directed his string of flame towards the ice surrounding him, creating a ring of fire. The Crowds of people/Officers watching with eyes much wider then they should be.

'What the hell is he up to?'

I narrowed my eyes slightly, while processing his actions. There has to be a reason... not just to show off and give the audience a flaming spectacle. It was then I noticed how truly hot the flame was when I caught sight of the ice melting. The once cold ice turned to boiling hot water.

'What is he...?"

Before I could even finish my train of thought, the thief stopped and looked in satisfaction at the hot water surrounding him, slow steam rising from the waters.

'Isn't that too warm... even with the cold temperature in the area, standing surrounded in hot water in a suit should be... suffocating'

(While he thought that, the raven thief had her own dilemma...

'Holy damn! Hot! Hot! So hot!...' She internally cried

Now back to Conan...)

Once the Thief's satisfaction was met, he spread his arms out wide, as if waiting to be embraced by crowds of compliments from his adoring fans (which isn't to far off since a few people in the crowd are already making plans for a Kaitou Blade Fan-club website).

"To all you lovely people that came here tonight or those who watch this from their screens on television, I must sadly inform you all that my show shall soon come to an end..."

Crowds whispered to each other and officers grunted in irritation.

"...but for my last trick, I must ask that you open your hearts and minds... as I give you the magic of illusions and dreams~!"

With his words said and set, he raised his leg, and with great force and pure strength, smashed the ice beneath his feet. Cracks spread out throughout the area around the Thief, with the still boiling water seeping through...

It wasn't long ~ possibly only a second of two ~ before everything blurred. Mist, heavy and thick, practically erupted from beneath the icy floors catching a lot of people by surprise.

"What the...!?"

I couldn't finish as everything was covered in mist. Gritting my teeth, I activated my glasses, while listening for anything out of the ordinary.

Everything was grey and white, officers were yelling (mainly Nakamori) over the surprised crowd and that's when saw it.

It was only for a second, but a pink glow was seen in the distance. I wanted to go and investigate, but walking around in a thick mist like this was suicide for someone of my current stature. Steeling myself where I stand, I kept searching for anything.

'there it is again!'

Another glowing light, but this one is blue.

'what is that?'

More glowing lights started appearing and disappearing, but they were different colours and shades. One glow came in my direction. Stepping back, I braced myself. Once close enough, I saw it pass over my head and disappear again.

'wait no...'

Something green descended from where it disappeared. Reaching out for it, I held onto what looked to be...

"...a Feather?..."

Abruptly, the lights blacked out again and a mass of colour ascended threw the air. The surrounding people gasped again in awe once the array of colours came together and formed different shapes.

It took a lot of effort, on my part, not to let my mouth hang open like every other officer I can see within the mist, but I managed somehow.

"Whow~! Look at that!" Someone from the audience shouted, leading others and myself to look.

Down on the ground, there were more glowing lights, but these were more bigger and shaped almost like a...

"no way"

The glowing figures were the police officers in frilly dresses! This 'Blade' guy, thought of everything?!

No One's POV

Hidden within the mist, Kaitou Blade waited patiently for everything to be put into place. Looking up at the beautiful performance, Kaito's doves performed, made the raven thief smile. Even though the present thief in black was the one to teach them how to do it, seeing the hard work they did come to the stage in a brilliant presentation, made the ravenet so proud of their achievement.

'Kaito, sure has amazing Doves' Blade thought fondly as the birds created a giant image of a Phoenix. 'But I better get ready before the white curtain closes in.' He smirked, determinedly

At the point were his audience noticed the glowing police officers in dresses, Blade finally started his on his final for tonight.

As the fog was slowly fading, the glowing birds in the air created one last image of a fire symbol, then dispersed into the open sky. Then suddenly, lights on the ground appeared spread out through out the arena and started to quickly gather to one point in a colourful circle, surrounding a shadowy figure.

Blade stood as confidently as he did before, standing quietly for a few seconds to ensure he had the crowds unwavering attention. Coughing briefly into his while-gloved hand, he spoke.

"Did you all enjoyed the show~!" His voice was carried across the air, allowing everyone, far and wide, to hear.

The crowd and people, at his question, yelled cheers and shouts of approval and happiness, making the smirk on the thief more smug then before.

"As a artist, to see your smiling and happy faces, truly warms my heart, even on this icy stage..."

As he spoke, those of the men in dresses, didn't want to listen, and instead charged forward to the thief while he was preoccupied.

...But now I must bid you all farewell~!"

As the frilly dressed officers came close, Blade waved his arm across with a click and the colourful lights circling around him dispersed at the cross-dressed men, surprising them. Bursting into big poofs of colour and confetti.

"He heading that way!"

Nakamori called, seeing a silhouette of a top hatted thief. At the order, every able man came skating in their last pursuit.

"Surround him in the middle of the stadium, he won't escaped!"

As they surrounded the criminal to were he first appeared, they watched as he stopped at the case once again. Leaning on it casually, Blade's grin was the only thing he allowed for the rest to see, hat tipped down to cover the top half of his face, elbows pressed on the sliced ice.

"There's nowhere to run, Thief!!"

Nakamori burst to the front, pointing at the police forces (second) target.

"Now, now inspector, haven't you learned yet?"

A second, familiar, voice spoke.

In a poof of red, the white clad gentleman was found crouching on the ice case, grin as broad as the sea. Together both thieves spoke in unison.

"It's Phantom Thief, dear inspector~!"

KID: "...And like Phantoms..."

Blade: "...We shall disappear into the night..."

KID, helped heave Blade up onto the block of ice ~ some how elegantly. With Blades skates withdrawn, both of them somehow where able to fit and stand together. They looked like refined pieces for modern art, standing on a pedestal.

Then they spoke together as one.

"See you, next illusion~!"

In a flash of light, the duo thieves vanished into thin air. Not a traces to be found.

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...

High in the air, hanging off a black balloon, a argument was being held.

"You're grounded once we get back home" Kaito spoke, hitting the ravenet on the head, hard enough to hurt but not enough to make her fall from the balloon they were clipped to.

"Ow~! That hurt ya know!" Kaitlyn complained, rubbing her abused head "Come on, you can't blame me."

At this Kaitlyn was ignored by the other, but she still continued on.

"How was I supposed to know you couldn't ice-skate!?"

Looking back at his ward, Kaito stated his objections.

"You knew they were implanting an Ice-rink and didn't tell me!?"

"I thought you knew! Why else would you buy heating packs!"

"They were to keep warm! I knew they had plans to use the cold against me like they did before, but I didn't expect a FRICKEN ICE-RINK!!!"

"WELL THEN WE BOTH FAILED!!!"

The duo were huffing and panting, worn out from shouting and the heist they just finished. Once they gathered their breaths, Kaitlyn looked to Kaito and Kaito looked to Kaitlyn, then suddenly, both started laughing hysterically.

"hey" Kaitlyn spoke up

"hmm..."

"I'm sorry"

There was a sort silence between the two.

"Don't worry about" Kaito looked into brown orbs and smiled, a brotherly kind of smile "You actually saved my butt back there, so it was a good thing you did what you did."

The raven practically glowed at this, grinning like an idiot. But then Kaito continued and ruined her moment of praise.

"But now, we have a new problem... Snake and his gang"

At the name, Kaitlyn's eyes narrowed along with Kaito.

"They will be even more motivated to attend heists now, anything to get the chance at capturing you."

"I knew the risks way before I entered that rink. I'm not one to easily be caged, but I can understand your concern very deeply. If either our identity's were discover, they would find everyone, and that, is something I'm very well aware of."

The seriousness in her voice held so strong, Kaito almost didn't recognized the one with him.

"Alright then. As long as you understand whats at stake."

"Uhh...? Kaito?"

"What?"

"Wasn't that building we just pass the one we were meant to land on?"

...

...

...

...

...

"Shit"

(*Stands on stage and then drops the ground and bows*

All I have to say to you my readers is...

I SUCK!

Oh but also...

🎉🎂HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITO!!!🎂🎉

And also, mvphgf asked what Blades sword looks like, well here I made a drawing of it. Not sure if I'm going to colour it, I might at some point in the future maybe. But here it is~!

That's all for now, see ya next time on the Blade Series: Another Phantom Thief~! 😁)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 14.5K 75
When Usagi Ametsuchi meets Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio at the Hunter Exam, the five quickly become friends. However, they find out fast enough...
178K 7.1K 200
This is the 2nd part of this fanfic because tghe 1st part has reached its chapter limit. Check the first part on my profile. _____________________ Be...
3.7K 137 12
A part-time Detective of Japanese origin, l/n f/n, that was studying abroad in London has now been requested their assistance of immediate urgency in...
14.5K 246 12
(Y/N), test subject 054 finds himself trapped in a nightmarish experiment on an island near Inkopolis. The experiment's objective was to create an In...