Close Your Eyes: Book Two

By paperandpen444

After Savannah Noel's kidnapping, Liam Cabraro was the first person to actually listen to what she had to say... More

Description
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Nineteen

5.8K 336 39
By paperandpen444

So I have chapters written up until twenty three so I MIGHT bulk post them later because I'm starting a third book today (you guys obviously aren't there yet) and I really want you guys in the third book soon because some good stuff happens :)

_________

Chapter Theme Song is: I'm Movin' On by Rascal Flatts

I didn't give a reason to Aria and Danielle on why we had to leave, but they obviously knew it was urgent when I stood up so fast I knocked my ice cream on the floor and started frantically using napkins to clean it up, telling them we needed to leave.

Within five minutes the baby was strapped into the car seat and I was driving down the interstate.

I turn onto our street and see a silver Nissan Rogue sitting out front of my house, with a red Dodge Durango behind it, which is the Evans family car.

Without hesitation, I pull into the driveway and shut off the engine, handing the keys to Aria as I blindly get out.

They're not in the front yard.

I push the front door open and see half the family plastered to the back window.

They all turn around when I rush into the house.

"Where-"

"They're in the back yard," Noah says.

I push open the sliding glass door and my stomach lurches at the sight of him.

He'sleans against the back fence while they're talking to him. His hands are in hi pockets and he's looking down, shaking his head repeatedly. His Dad is here, his birth father is here.

The man that walked out when he was a child is here.

His Mom is here, Andrew is here, some kid I don't recognize that must be his Dad's daughter, and a woman I don't know that must be his Dad's wife.

And they're all talking to him and he's just shaking his head and I can see every single vein popping out of both his arms and I know him well enough to know how hard he's trying not to completely lose it in front of everyone.

The sound of the back door opening makes every head turn, and forces Liam to look up.

I mean, what the hell is this? Some fucking cult?

I look at Liam. I look at the pain in his eyes, and I know deep down what I have to do, even if I don't want to.

"Liam," I speak up. "Come here."

"Oh, we're talking to him," Amelia says.

I ignore her.

Liam kind of looks around the group and then walks over to me.

When he reaches me, I put my hand on his back and look at him.

"I'm going to call an Uber to Honolulu international airport," I tell him softly, "And I'm putting you on the first flight back to Oregon."

He shakes his head and he looks like he's going to cry.

"I can't, I don't get paid until Friday," he bites his lip and looks like he's going to start crying.

"I have money, I'll pay for it."

"What about you?" he whispers.

"I'll follow behind you tomorrow, okay? There's just a few things I have to finish up here first."

"Are you sure you can afford that? To fly both of us out? I-I can pay you back on Friday."

"I can afford it." I tell him.

"What about all of my stuff?" he asks.

"Don't worry about it, okay? You have everything you need in Oregon. I'll be there tomorrow."

He presses his palms against his eyes and nods.

"Go in the house," I say.

"What are you going to tell them?" he whispers.

"Don't worry, okay? Just go instead and gather things you absolutely need until tomorrow and I'll be inside in a minute."

"Okay."

He opens the back door and slips into the house.

"Where is he going, Savannah?" Andrew looks irritated.

"He's running to the bathroom," I reply.

I go in the back door and pull out my phone. I go on Uber and order somebody to come get us right now.

I follow Liam to the bedroom and he puts a few things into a backpack.

"I mean, should I just bring a carry on? I packed a whole suitcase."

"Just bring the carry on." I nod to him.

"Okay."

He throws the bag over his shoulder.

A minute or so later, my phone vibrates with a text.

I'm your Uber and I'm outside.

"Alright, let's go." I grab his hand and pull him into the living room. "Go ahead to the car. I'll be there in a minute.

He nods and walks out the front door.

I turn to Noah.

"In a few minutes they're going to come in the house." I tell everyone. "And I need you guys to lie and tell them we're going to the store."

"Where are you actually going?"

I look after Liam and run my fingers through my hair.

"We're going to the airport. I'll be back, but Liam won't."

I grab my keys, phone, and wallet off the couch where I set them down when I walk in and walk to the front door, turning back to my brother.

"Promise me you won't tell them where we really went," I beg.

"I promise," Noah draws an X over his heart.

I take a deep breath and jog out the door to the Uber, getting in and sitting beside Liam.

__________

Three hours later is boarding call.

"What if they're still there when you get back?" Liam mumbles as he stands up.

I walk with him to the line and squeeze his hand.

"Don't worry about me, okay? I'm a big girl. Call me the moment you land. I'll book my flight tonight and let you know."

"Okay," he whispers.

"Get back to your dorm and lay down and relax, okay?" I murmur, rubbing his arm. "And you can tell me all about what happened tomorrow. I'm going to need you to pick me up from the airport though."

"That's fine." he mumbles.

We reach the stop where he gives the lady his boarding pass.

"What are you going to do when you get back?" he asks again. "They're going to bombard you."

I smile softly at him.

"I escaped a kidnapping. I can handle some grumpy old people."

He gives me a sad smile and steps aside to let somebody else go.

"I love you so much, Savvy. You don't know how thankful I am for this."

"I love you too, Buddy." I squeeze his arm.

He leans down, wrapping his arms around me.

After a few seconds, he pulls away and plants a long kiss on my lips.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you too."

He walks onto the plane, and I stand at the window until all the people have boarded.

About a half our later, the plane begins to move, and a few minutes later, it's in the air.

I take a deep breath and turn around, walking towards the exit to go deal with the people that keep hurting my Buddy.

­­­­­__________

Gonna say this because it's not a spoiler since you guys have been reading this book since the start but we ALL know Savannah's about to cuss a fam out lmfaoooo

~Sam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 4.3K 13
[BOOK ONE OF THE BAD BOY SERIES] What happens, when the family of Destiny gets in a car crash when she is at school? And the family of the bad boy is...
232K 9.2K 30
Sequel to Nap Queen!!! Liam and Evie finally put all their cards on the table and begin to discover what it would truly mean to be together. Trouble...
52.6K 1.2K 39
Alexander West and Emily Waterhouse were once inseparable. They were the best of friends. Through thick and thin, they'd stick together, they said. F...
158K 7.6K 50
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...