Better With You | EDITING

By Gea105

~THIS BOOK IS UNDER RECONSTRUCTION~ " Tori" his voice was low, so very low. "Y-yeah?" "Would you hate me?" "... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Cast List
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Additional Cast List
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 11

6.1K 166 87
By Gea105

"Good morning beautiful"

My eyes fluttered open when I heard someone whisper in my ear. I was met with a pearly white smile and glistening green eyes. I returned the smile Cleo sent my way.

"Good morning."

"I'm sorry I woke you but I really have to pee."

I was confused. It seems as if my facial expression said it all because Cleo explained the situation.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but you're practically on top of me."

I looked down and saw that my left leg and left arm are draped over him.

"Oh! I'm so sorry."I hurriedly scurried to unravel myself from him. Events from last night came rushing back to me. My head started to hurt and my face was starting to get hot.

I kissed Cleo.

I think he's my boyfriend now.

I had a fight with Elijah.

I don't know what we are now.

I chose Cleo over him.

Way to go Tori. Always get yourself in some shit.

Cleo broke me away from my thoughts.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to be ashamed around me."he put his hand on my shoulder and turned me around to face him. I couldn't do anything but smile. One that was hopefully believable so he wouldn't ask questions.

I don't know why I feel this way.

He leaned in for a kiss but I shifted my head so he ended up kissing my cheek.

"Morning breath."I lied. It seemed as if I was convincing enough because he just shrugged and went to the attached bathroom. I got up also and went to my suitcase to change from last night's clothes and put on a jeans jumper with a white tee under it. I called out to Cleo, letting him know that I'm going downstairs to get breakfast.

When I was halfway down the stairs I heard the clinking of silverware which meant someone was already eating.

Please don't let it be him.

I pushed open the door to the kitchen and there he sat, dressed in his black plaid pajama bottoms only.

I never get what I want, do I?

Since we didn't end things on good terms last night I didn't even spare him a glance, I just walked right past him sitting at the kitchen island and went over to the fridge.
We ignored each other's presence and both of us said nothing. I ate the cereal I made at one end of the counter and he continued eating what he made at the next end. We sat there for awhile in silence until my nose decided to itch, in which I sneezed.

"Bless you."

My head snapped to Elijah who was staring intently at his bowl.

"Um....thank you."

"You're we-"

"Good morning!"Elijah stopped when DJ and the others came in, greeting us. They all grabbed bowls and made themselves some cereal. The kitchen was soon filled with chatter and laughter. Everyone minding their own business, well except for Kelia who decided to ask,

"Tori, what happened last night that led to a fight between you, Elijah and Cleo?"she smirked.

Guess who's about to break a bitch's nose. Yeah that's right. Me.

Everyone turned to look at either me or Elijah.

"I don't think that has anything to do with you Kelia."I said as nicely as I possibly could.

"Hmmm. You're right. It doesn't. But I bet it has something to do with Cleo."

"What has something to do with me?"Cleo chose that exact moment to walk in.

"We were just asking Tori about the fight with you, Elijah and her."Kelia had the audacity to say.

"Kelia, just leave us alone." I was on the verge of crying. Why? Well, because I was stressed.

"It's simply a question. Why can't you ju-"

"Leave her the hell alone Kelia!"everyone's head snapped to Elijah when he shouted. Kelia shied away instantly and didn't bother with the argument.

"Why is everybody so tense?"Leo looked to me and asked.

"Um m-"

"Good morning."

I was cut off by the chirpiest and happiest voice ever.

Yes! I'm so lucky.

I look to the door and you wouldn't believe what I saw.

Mhm. Never mind. I take it back.

There stood Jodie, in nothing other than Elijah's T shirt.

So that's where his shirt went.

Seeing her like this, everyone already knew what happened to have her dress like this.

Ewe.

Jodie ignored our stares and went over to Elijah and kissed him on the cheek, whispering a quick good morning. DJ and Leo both turned to look at me.

"Why are you two looking at me like that?"I had to ask.

"Because I want an explanation. I'm seeing Cleo with a black eye, Jodie in Elijah's shirt and him allowing her to do that."DJ voiced his thoughts.

"I-I-"

"She wouldn't care, because we're together now."Cleo voiced and he proved it by kissing me. I was the first to pull away and when I did I saw Elijah's fist clenched and his jaw tight.

"When and how did all of this happen?!"Leo bursted out causing me to look away from him.

"It's a long story Leo."I tried to calm his nerve.

"I have time."

"Actually you don't, because we're going out to the lake for a swim later."DJ commented when he overheard us.

"Yeah. Later. So Tori can tell me now."Leo was being persistent. He was really getting on my last nerves.

"Just leave me alone Leo!"and with that I stormed out.

Elijah's POV

I can't stand it!

Seeing her in his arms. He just kissed her.

Freaking kissed her!

Tori got frustrated with everyone questioning her so she just stormed out.

"I'm going to my room."I lied. I had to see if she was okay. I was about to get up when Jodie pulled on my arm, turning me around to face her.

"If you even think about going to her, I'll tell everyone your secret."she threatened. I tensed up. She wouldn't care.

Would she?

"I said I was going to my room, didn't I?"I  played it cooled, trying to show her that her words didn't affect me.

"I just wanted to let you off with a warning."

"Whatever Jodie."and I left her there, staring at my retreating figure. I walked up the stairs and made my way to the direction of my room. I walked past a room and stopped when I heard someone crying and talking.

Is that Tori? Why is she crying? Who is she talking to?

I walked over to the door and placed my ear gently against it to hear what she was saying.

"I don't know what to do mom. There are two guys that mean the world to me. They're suppose to be best friends but they're  fighting. Just because of me. Last night I kissed one of them and the other one got mad and isn't talking to me anymore. I'm so confused. I want to be friends with both of them but at the same time I like them both and I don't want to hurt any of them."

She cried. It hurts my heart to hear her like this.

"I really wish you were here so you could tell me what to do. I miss you so much."

A tear escaped from my eye.

I had to do something.

I walked over to the door and lifted my hand to knock on the door.

'If you even think about going to her, I'll tell everyone your secret.'

Jodie's words came back to me in an instant. I hung my head in shame and walked away.

**********

Tori's POV 

"Tori! We're going out to the lake now. Come downstairs!"

"I'm coming!"I shouted when I answered Cleo from upstairs. I was currently dressed in an all white two piece bikini with a black cover up. I took up my phone and my sunglasses and went downstairs. Everyone was there, even the others from the other cabin.

"Damn girl. I didn't know you had all those curves." Vaughan complimented, causing the others to look in my direction.

"Damn."Damian

"I would totally smash that."Micheal

"Hey! That's my girlfriend you're talking about."Cleo of course

"You go girl." Chelsea

I thanked everyone for their compliment. Well almost everyone. Elijah still hasn't said anything. He was just staring at me with a look in his eyes.

Longing?

I briefly shook my head to get rid of the thought.

"Are you all gonna just stand there or are we gonna go swimming?"I chuckled, causing everyone to look away and laugh.

Cleo came up to me and put his arm around me while everyone filed out.

"You look beautiful. Especially in that bikini." Cleo grinned. I grinned back.

"Thank you."

We walked the 3 minutes distance to the lake and saw everybody already in, splashing and swimming about.

"You coming in?"Cleo asked me when he saw that I was still standing at the edge.

"No, go ahead. I'm gonna chill for awhile."

"Oh come on, the water's great.

"I don't want to come in so soon."

"Well I'm gonna make you come in."

"What do you mean?"He didn't even answer me. He just slowly walked towards me.

"Cleo, what are you doing?"He just grinned. You know what he did next? He pounced on me.

Freaking pounced on me.

He grabbed me by the waist and refrained me from running.

"Ahhh! Cleo! Put me down! Now!" I tried my best to sound serious but it came out jokingly, because I was laughing.

"As you wish." I think you already know what comes next. He threw me in the water. I took a splash, back first and sank all the way to the bottom. When I resurfaced, I was a spluttering mess.

"Cleo! Why did you do that?!"

"Because, I wanted to."

"Really."

"And I wanted to see what you look like when you're wet."

"Ha ha, real mature."note my sarcasm. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Come on, you have to admit that that was pretty funny."He swam to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my legs around his waist as a response.

"Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't."

"Hmmm. Maybe this will be more fun."He started to lean in and I did the same. Our lips met and they moved together in perfect sync.

You know when you can feel someone's eyes on you. Yeah, that's how I feel now. During the kiss I opened my eyes and looked over Cleo's shoulder only to see a pair of blue eyes staring right back at me.

Elijah.

We held each other's gaze for a while until I remembered that I was kissing Cleo. Carrying up my hands to put on his chest, I pushed him away gently.

"What's wrong?"Cleo asked when he pulled away, looking concerned and out of breath.

"Um...nothing. I just don't want to do this in front of our friends."

"Are you sure? I don't think they'll mind."

"Yeah, I'm sure."

That's not the only reason Cleo.

*******

"C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G SONG. C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G SONG. If you don't think we can sing it faster then your wrong. It'll help if you just sing along!"

The sun had already set and we were all gathered around the campfire that the guys made, singing the campfire song from SpongeBob.

"Can we sing it one more time?"Leo pleaded with everyone.

"No!"they all shouted at the same time.

"Damn, alright! No need to jump down my throat."

The only thing I could do was laugh.
I reached for a next marshmallow but then realized the bag was empty.

"I'm gonna go get some more marshmallows. I'll be right back."I said to the group.

"You want some help?"Cleo offered.

"No thanks. I think I can manage a bag of marshmallows."

"Okay. If you say so."

I got up and went to the cabin that seven of us shared. I went to the kitchen and opened the cupboard that they kept the snacks. It was on the top shelf that I couldn't reach. I jumped and still couldn't reach it.

Great.

"You need some help?"I turned my head so fast I think I might have gotten whiplash.

There, leaning on the door frame was Elijah, looking at me with an amused expression.

"Um...yeah, sure."

He walked over to where I was and took down the bag with ease.

"Here you go."

"Thank you."I was about to walk away when he grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him.

"Tori. I need to talk to you."

"About what?"

"About-"

"Tori!" Eli stopped talking and we both looked to the door and saw a frantic looking Leo.

"Leo, what's wrong?"I asked, concerned.

"We have to go home. Now!"

"What. Why?"

I wasn't ready for what he said next. All the colour drained from my face when he said those two words.

"Malcolm's back."

AN: Phew. Took me awhile to write this but here you are. Chapter 11. So....Malcolm's back eh? What's Elijah's secret? Let's see how the rest of the story plays out.
Yours truly,
Gea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
60.1K 2K 20
"I-I" I wanted to tell him, the words were on my lips but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Doing that would destroy any hope of us being togeth...
14.3K 261 41
On the run, from anyone who seeks the Blood Diamond, Alara Mortello and her soon to be husband Cameron Grayson, a feared and ruthless gang leader, mu...
14.8K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...