The Tribrid Queen - Book One

By AkeliaOrridge

BOOK #1 of the (TRIBRID SERIES) PS: This is not a fanfiction of any sort. This book is completely based on my... More

Introduction
Chapter 2: A Day With Pretend Friends
Chapter 3: A Strange Connection
Chapter 4: Playing Pretend
Chapter 5: The Liar's Bent Truth
Chapter 6: A Gift that Starts it All
Chapter 7: A Day of Freedom
Chapter 8: Richness of the Heart
Chapter 9: The Blue Rose
Chapter 10: The First Demon Attack

Chapter 1: Our First Encounter

456 26 9
By AkeliaOrridge

LYDIA

I gasp at the dress laying across my unnecessarily large bed. I shake my head in defiance, "I suddenly cannot choose what I want to wear anymore? Of all things, can I just have this one privilege?"

It is really beautiful if I honestly admit, it looks new because I do not recall having any dresses like it. It is no surprise because I receive new dresses more than the daily breaths I take. I still wonder why my mother thinks I need so many. Despite its beauty, I would feel better if I chose it myself.

"Lydia dear, best get ready for breakfast. We have guests." Says my mother as she slightly opens the door and then closes it.

Explains a lot, who shall I meet today? I am used to being overly dressed in the most expensive things like how a palace cook dresses chicken with the finest of ingredients. That is not the only aspect I relate to, sometimes I feel just like livestock, caged and only allowed out when I am of use.

A sad thing to be aware of but the truth is it.

Royal blue fabric with blue roses all around the sleeves and waist, sapphires at the center of each rose, and small diamond-like glitter on the tip of its fabric-made petals. The pattern of the skirt resembles the surface of flowing ocean water and the flounce is a darker shade of blue, not far from the color black.

I quickly bathed in a bath of warm water with lavender petals, my favorite. After which I sit at my mirror as a palace maid braids my hair in a side-swept position. She offers to apply some vanishing powder but I kindly refuse because I like to leave my face bare so I can feel the warm wind of the evening tingling at my skin. It has become a highly sought after asset for the ladies but after trying it once I think of it as a barrier between me and my odd pleasures. Although, I was rather impressed with how a simple dab hid my slightly red under eyes from not getting enough sleep.

I promptly fit myself into the gorgeous dress with her help and feel satisfied it doesn't feel too uncomfortable on my body. I fix my lazy posture and walk gracefully to the dining hall.

"PRINCESS LYDIA VONCELSTINE OF SAINT LYDIANNIA!" One of the guards announces.

I slightly lift the front of my dress and pick up my pace. I curtsy before sitting left to my father, the King. I do not look directly at anyone at the table but I know my father is displeased as I am late.

"My deepest apologies for being late, welcome honored guests," I say with a pleasant smile.

The King nods in approval. After my apology and greeting, no one seems to speak so I take the advantage of the silence to notice each face at the large marble dining table. I see two females, one with pale wrinkly skin, blondish-grey hair, and a soft smile. She is wearing a dark green dress and rubies as jewelry. The other with smooth porcelain skin, great bone structure, black hair, and cherry-colored lips. She is wearing a purple dress with a lot of jewelry adorning her body. Two men, one who looks as old and well built as my father and the other-

My eyes fixate when I see the last face at the table.

"Quite odd." I think to myself.

Black and shiny hair, medium built upper body and dressed in red and gold. He even outdresses the other three. Firm jawline, full lips with moderate facial hair, and dark eyes that seem pitch black but as shiny as his hair. He is too expensively dressed to be a soldier so he must be a nobleman's son. That theory makes more sense because soldiers are more conducted in the presence of the king, he seems less tense and even looks quite comfortable.

I was too busy taking in his features to realize he was also looking at me. When I finally stop my curious eyes I meet his and quickly tilt my head to the food in front of me. The King seems to have seen our little awkward display and narrows his eyes at me.

"You control every part of my life already it would make no difference if you tried to control my eyes too." I curse internally at my father because I could never say these words aloud.

I lift my head back up briskly and adjust my posture. I notice him still staring at me from the corner of my eye but I resist the urge to look back. I silently scoff unable to hold back my bottled in anger. It was faint but my mother, the Queen heard and scolds me using her eyes. I force back a smile onto my face and give in to my hunger by taking a bite of my volaille de Bresse and scrambled eggs. The silence is aggravating while all everyone does is stare and eat. I'm used to having men and women of the court joining us for meals from time to time but there is always a lot of conversation.

"Your majesty, you have such a beautiful daughter!" Compliments the older woman.

"She gets it from her mother, such beauty!" My father replies with an elated look.

"Yes such beauty, a beautiful princess must have all the richest noblemen and most honorable soldiers at her feet or maybe she has already chosen one to be at her side." The expensively dressed male says.

His voice is deep but calm and his sudden interest in my personal affairs irritates me. Maybe I would have become intrigued to know who he is because it is the first I'm seeing these faces but his sudden prying fades that interest. He might just be another foolish suitor who presents himself to the King for my hand even when aware of the prophecy.

The King grits his teeth. He slams his fist hard on the table shaking all the plates and utensils resting on it causing some to fall off. Even the chair beneath me moved. I know my father well so I gently pat his shoulder and interrupt his almost outburst of anger.

"Such interest in my personal affairs is not welcome but if you must know, no. I do not have any man standing by me. You should also be aware that it is not in my intention either."

"I do apologize if my brother insulted you in any way, your highness. I beg for your forgiveness. A foolish child he has always been and he is so often completely oblivious to his own words." The younger female apologizes.

She flashes a smile at me and I admire her perfect white teeth. He narrows his eyes at his sister as she furiously narrows hers back at him. Watching the two makes me wish I had a sibling. I would have someone to have senseless fights with and throw my tantrums freely on. I smile and nod accepting her apology.

"I think you should know who are our guests dear." The Queen says clearing the unpleasant notion.

"Forgive us, where are our manners?" says the elder man. "I am King Conan Hulchin and this is my wife Queen Fera Hulchin, my daughter Princess Caylil Hulchin and-"

The misbehaving male interrupts. "I am Prince Tellafareno Hulchin, I know my name is a bit much so please refer to me as Prince Reno. A pleasure to meet you, a worthwhile visit."

His stubbornness and insolence which are overlooked by his family make me envious. His long name interests me. I definitely recognize the language. I am thankful for my father teaching me the language of the angels at a young age because it became like a second speech to me. He made me know that it was a privilege to know it and I shouldn't teach it to anyone because no non-angel is allowed to know it. He didn't even teach it to his own wife.

In angel language 'Tellafareno' means 'missing piece'. I laugh out loud at the silliness. His parents were certainly awkward when choosing that name for a son or just oblivious. Do they even know what it means? I wonder. Normally boy babies were named after their fathers or after admired heroic soldiers, alive or already died.

"Your highness's beauty cannot be defined as anything other than divine. Her laugh, her smile, and even the way she chews are heavenly. If I were not a man of higher education, which I am, I would think of her as a woman. Her highness is not anything earthly, she walks among angels." Prince Reno compliments.

"Enough compliments, that is all that is needed to be said and heard, now it shall be finished," Father says furiously.

He is always this overprotective and infuriated when any male tries to be flattering. Guards are not even allowed to walk too close to me. Although I am used to such compliments from noblemen who try to earn favour with words as if mere words could lift a curse.

Prince Reno earns a threatening glare from his father. He silences submissively and leans back slowly. I go back to processing all that I just heard. King...Queen...Prince...Princess? But there is only one kingdom on Earth, which Esther built to keep us safe, well it used to keep us safe anyways. I thought to myself.

"Father, you didn't tell me other kingdoms were built," I say facing my father.

"I abolished the thought of such a thing possible, that is because of that which we are all aware of but upon hearing the story of these suspicious travelers, it is a thought I have to now consider." He explains. "They were thoroughly checked and they are indeed human. Even so, I need to learn the truth of the matter so I shall not permit them to leave. They will be treated as we treat any other guest of the King. If they lied, they die. If they speak the truth, they will be able to leave and I will travel to their kingdom myself."

I've never been outside the kingdom before nor does my father ever mention it to me. Outside is said to be swarming with blood-thirsty demons. What is even there to consider? This is obviously a scheme and my father is certainly aware of it. My guess is that they are thieves, that came up with the most ridiculous cover story ever been heard to man.

My father is not a man who easily trusts so he must have a reason for what he is doing and a strategized plan too. He is a cunning and wise King and dare not doubt him. I will not ask him anything as he won't tell even if I beg; I will play along as I always do.

After breakfast, I was instructed by my father to show the prince and princess around the castle while the elders discussed more important matters.

"Where in the castle would you like to see first?" I ask.

"How about a tour of your private chambers? I think that would complete my tour." Prince Reno smirks.

He does have a flirty tongue and his bravery I don't think I will tolerate. If the guards were closer they would have heard him and he would already be pinned to the wall with a sword at his throat for being so out of line.

"Princess Caylil, your brother does have a very flirty tongue. To assure that he stays alive be sure to tame him." I say showing my disdain.

"Forgive him, please. He is not usually like this, you put quite a charm over him." She whispers not allowing him to hear.

"Is that so? He most certainly values his life more than I and that is wise. Please tame him for his sake." I sigh.
...

I showed the princess and prince all I could in one day. It was somewhat thrilling despite the prince's constant attempts of flirting. Even though I became more tolerant of it but it is best if he tries to maintain himself before my father finds out. On the other hand, the princess is quite pleasant, if we had met years before I know we would have been great friends. She is not arrogant despite her title, as so many often are, she has a more humble nature which makes conversation easy with her.

I show them their rooms which are not too far from mine. In fact, our balconies are only a distance away.

"I wish you both a restful night that will be blessed with only the finest of dreams, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow." I curtsy.

"We shall your highness, you too. Do not let the sleep demons bite." The princess replies.

It is common to curtsy in greetings and some gestures but she does not do it just like other things I have learned being royalty. She enters her chambers left of her brother's and the two guards went to her door sides. I turn to the prince who still stood without moving. He winks at me before finally averting to his quarters. As he opens the door, I speak.

"If the prince is wise, he will stop his pointless facade. I seek no man to take my hand and not just as of right now. When I come of age I still will not."

His back is still turned but I know he is smiling. "You think you know my intentions in just one day, princess? My intentions are not of my own but my heart's desire keeps its own."

Before I could say anything else he enters his chambers and closes the door. What does he mean by that? I contemplated in my mind.

Two more guards take the position at the sides as the rest follow me to my door. I enter my room and undress out of the heat-filled dress and into my nightgown. I waste no more time as I got under my warm blanket enjoying the comfort my bed brought me. I tried to clear my mind but questions of today kept repeating in it. One, in particular, I wanted to know the answer to. My intentions are not of my own but my heart's desire keeps its own, what does he mean? I kept wondering endlessly until I got a headache and even then my mind was still filled but I soon gave into the desire to rest.

•|Transilation|•

Tellafareno - 'missing piece'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...
13.2K 192 27
Book 6 "In the beginning I was naive. I didn't know what lurked in the dark, I didn't know that there were things out there... dark things. I didn't...
2.8K 266 75
Book Two "WHY THE FUCK WOULD I BE OK. YOU'RE ASKING ALL THESE MOTHERFUCKING QUESTIONS LIKE YOU'RE SO CURIOUS ABOUT THEIR LIFE. DAD, I HAVE NOTHING AG...
2.6K 125 16
Tribrid Series- Book 2 ********************************************* The Blood moon eclipses had bought more tragedy to Alexandrea's life than she co...