Ellie's Flames BOOK 2

By KOTLCfannumber1

After Ellie and her friends finally beat back Uma's crew when Endora cursed the Island of Auradon, Ellie thou... More

Ellie's Flame
1: Ins and Outs of My Life
2: Catching a Nightmare
3: Everything Can Burn...
5: Under the Sea
6: Reginald Crabbins III
NOT A CHAPTER---Elicia's Ice ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
7: Super Helpful, Crab. I Still Have NO FREAKING IDEA WHO IS AFTER ME.
8: Bad Disintegrating Horse Thing!
9: Red
10: Icy Pop
11: Guardians (Not "Of The Galaxy", Sadly)
12: High Opinion, High Annoying Voice
13: The Two Towers
14: Embers
15: Rescue (Is A Failure, As Normal)
16: Time To Let Go
17: Hellfire
18: A Return Trip
19: Night at the Museum
20: From Isle to Auradon
21: In Which I Am Told Something Huge
22: Right the Wrongs
23: Everything Has Changed
Thing I forgot and my sister is making me add as an extra chapter
Descendants 3
1: Good To Be Back...For Once
2: The Royal Engagement
3: Sparks Fly
4: Happy Hag Day to Mal
5: Mal's Gotta Do What Mal's Gotta Do
6: Captain Guyliner and Shrimpy Crash Our Party
7: Everyone in Auradon Sleeps In
8: Knights Fall
9: Pinkalicious Room Sears My Eyeballs (And A Friendly Shrimp Didn't Help)
10: Stone Cold
11: My Heart of Stone... Isn't So Stony
12: Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Beast!
13: Return of the Icy-Gang!
14: Battle Planning
15: Fairy Cottage
16: Liar, Liar, Rock's No Longer On Fire
17: This Will Hopefully Be The Last Ellsicle/Icy Pop Joke
18: This Victory Stinks
19: Choices Made
20: Farewells
21: Two Grown Men Growl At Each Other
22: Happily Ever After
23: Tear It Down
24: The Ending Of Our Tale?
Epilogue- 10 Years Later

4: ...But Not Everything Has To

468 16 16
By KOTLCfannumber1

"GET THE DOOR!" Mom yells. 

"You'll explain what that means later, right?" I ask Dad when he moves to stand up. he smiles and nods, then moves to the huge doors and opens them up. 

"Ben?" I ask, standing and joining Dad in the entryway.  "Ben! What are you doing here?"

He smiles, though it looks a little forced. "I'm here on behalf of Auradon Prep." He says. 

I groan. "Let me guess. I'm expelled for good?"

"Not for good." Dad corrects. "If they did that, I would make sure they...ah... meet a quick, sudden, and painful death."

"Dad!" I scold. "You're being such a dad!"

"WONDERFUL JOB, DEAR!" Mom yells. 

Ben cracks a smile. "Yeah, you're not fully expelled." He says. "But they came as close as they could. Like, really close. You're not allowed to come within five miles of Auradon Prep until they have a 100% guarantee that you can control your powers. Or until you agree to let---"

"Fairy Godmother take my powers?" I ask, sighing.  "Been there, done that."

"Wait. Take her powers?" Dad seethes, his hair bursting into flames. 

Ben grimaces. "Yeah. That. But don't worry, if they do that---or if someone tries to force it like last time----I'll make sure they're on the Isle faster than you can say...well, any word, really."

I smile. "Thanks, Ben."

Dad, still burning, growls, "If they do that, they won't just be going to the Isle. They'll have a one-way ticket to the Fields of Punishment."

I can hear Mom laughing down the hall. 

Ben cracks a smile. "I also came to give you this," he holds his hand out and I take a small silver disc with a blue gem in the center. 

"Uh, thanks." I say uncertainly. "What is it?"

"Endora made it." Ben explains. "Brit said you started saying something weird in your sleep, so we're guessing it was a dream that me you freak out. Endora said that this was to help keep your dreams under control, whatever that means."

Dad grunts. "Smart girl."

"Um, thanks?" I say, spinning it in my fingers. "What do I do with it?"

"Here," Ben takes it and holds it an inch from my forehead. After a few seconds, it makes a whirring sound and jumps forward, sticking to my skin. A cool sensation starts coming from it, making my skin tingle. 

"Okay, that's awesome." I admit. I take it off again and it stops whirring. "Tell Dora thanks."

"Will do." Ben says. "But, Ellie, heads up. I would recommend staying away from public places for now. News of your...uh...power-thing has spread pretty fast. I'd also stay off any social media stuff for now."

I groan. "Great. Thanks, Ben."

"See you around, Ellie." he says, then turns to leave. Dad closes the door and sighs. 

"Welp. Not like I expected anything but total destruction from my daughter."

"Gee, I feel so fuzzy inside."

"Oh, don't get soft on me now."

"Ellie?" mom appears in the doorway again. "Er... since you'll be staying, would you maybe want to do a movie night like we used to?"

I smile. Only my mom could turn a conversation from total destruction to geeking over animated movies. "Sure, mom. After Dad explains that cryptic sentence from before."

He grins. "Think of it this way. Most everything on this world is flammable, right?"

"Well---"

"MOST everything." Dad repeats. 

"Yeah. Sure."

"But, everything that doesn't deserve to burn has a life behind it." Dad explains. "Like you. What made you finally stop the fire?"

"When Brit and Carlos showed up." I say instantly. 

"Exactly. Life is valued above everything else, even by our fire itself." Dad says. "Death is the opposite of life, and the Fire acknowledges what stories lie behind people's lives. Think of it all, Liss. thousands of people die every single day, unknown by people everywhere but where it happens. One person affects everything around them. Like you, Liss."

"Me?" I ask in surprise. "I haven't---"

"Yes, you have. You think I ever would've left Scotland without you? You think Carlos, Mal, Evie, and Jay would've let you into their group to take over if they didn't trust you? Sera, that hunk of emotionless rock, trusts you in a way she only ever trusted her brother. Ben obviously didn't mind that you set his kingdom on fire. And Eddie---"

"She hates that name."

"Exactly why I call her by it." Dad smiles. "Point is---face it, Ellie, people can't help but love you. Even your fire---yes, I'm using it as a person---knows you. It wants you to take control. To be in charge! Fire isn't meant to be something that rages on without end. It knows it's limits."

"Still not understanding, Dad."

"Ellie. Just focus on the good in things." Dad says. "And the fire will listen."

I sigh. "Fine. I'll try that next time I have a freaky nightmare about you two trying to attack me."

Dad's eyebrows raise. "Ah. I suppose that is a bit freaky."

Mom, who has been watching us like a tennis match, beams. "Are we done? Please? Can I pick first movie?"

"Actually, I think Liss should do that." Dad says hastily, probably remembering that Mom's favorite movie of all time is Sound Of Music. It's an awesome movie, but in Dad's opinion, you can only sing so many times before it becomes weird. 

Mom huffs. 

__________________________________________________

Hours later, I snap awake just in time to hear the lyrics "When the dog bites, when the bee stings..." and I realize I fell asleep. I look over to my parents, and smile when I see that they're cuddled up, fast asleep. My mom is even making that little wheezy noise she does with her nose when she's having a good dream. 

I ease myself off the bed as quietly as I can. Dad makes a grunting sound and I freeze, but he just sniffs and goes back to sleep. I breathe a sigh of relief and start to creep past them when I hear my dad behind me, "Ellie."

I smile and start to turn back around. "Sorry, D---" I stop dead when I see his face, which is pale as snow and his eyes are a deep, night-sky black.

"Miss me?" he says, his voice resonating through my bones. 

I steel myself and clench my fists in an attempt to keep the flames I feel bubbling beneath me down. "This---is---a---dream." I insist. 

"Nightmare." he corrects, just like last time. "Be afraid, girl. Be very afraid. I can feel it inside you. I can feel your father's powers waiting to come out. Let them."

"NO!" I yell, and a small spark shoots from my right hand. Dad starts laughing a laugh that sounds like a knife hacking at metal. This time, I'm determined to keep Dad's powers in. 

So I use Mom's instead. I've been good at hers for forever now. I just remember every good time I've ever had with my friends---my family---and mist-like ice seeps from my closed fists. I openly palms toward Dad's weird apparition thing, and daggers made of icicles shoot from them, screaming his way. 

He laughs harder than ever, leering at me as he grows in size and absorbs my ice. "Good!" He encourages. "Good! I---" his face falls, and his eyes grow red in anger. "I'll be back, girl. Mark my words!" 

And then I jolt awake for the third time today, with my mom holding a firm grip on my wrist, covering it in a thin layer of frost to combat the wild flames that are cooking my father. 

"Oh, god." I gasp out, snatching my hand away. "Please don't tell me---"

"Yeah... we've got to find some way to stop this." Dad starts patting his skin. Everywhere he touches, it sputters out. 

"Maybe leave your hair, dear." Mom says. "Make people think your powers are coming back."

He glances upward. "Good idea."

"Wait---Mom, how'd you do that? Freeze my hand?" I ask. She presses her lips together like she's trying not to smile. 

"Well...  I meant to tell you when you got home yesterday... But, a few weeks ago... My powers started coming back."

"WHAT! No way!" I exclaim, a huge grin stretching across my face. "How much?"

"Just a little bit." She holds out one palm and a few snowflakes swirl themselves happily around her fingers. 

"Well, what did you expect?" Dad asks. "A blessing from a goddess isn't going to be taken away by some silly spell by a fairy."

"Don't let Fairy Godmother hear you say that." Mom warns, closing her hand and letting her snowflakes settle themselves in her messy hair. 

"Now, for your..ah... problem, Liss." Dad says, sitting down next to me on the couch. "I have an idea, but I'm not sure how you'll take it."

"After setting stuff on fire for the past two nights, I'll take anything."

He grins. "That's my girl." 

___________________________________________________

WHO HAS SEEN THE NEW VID FOR "KIM POSSIBLE" SADIE STANLEY'S "CALL ME, BEEP ME"!?! AH! LOVING IT!!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR KP TO COME OUT!!! AAAH!

AND!!!!!

WHO HAS SEEN THE NEW TRAILER FOR FROZEN 2!!!!! IT'S OUT NOW!!!!! IT IS AMAZING, AND I TOTALLY CALLED ELSA'S RUNNING-ON-WATER THING!!! WHO REMEMBERS THE CHAPTER IN "ELICIAS ICE" WHERE ELLIE RUNS ON WATER TO ESCAPE THE ISLE WITH SERA?!?! HUH???? HUUUUUHHHH!!!?!?!?!

Also, I have performed my play for the last time, and I'm super sad. I loved my character, and I'm really gonna miss playing with her. Old lady with rain boots and an umbrella inside. Yep. 

Ha.

I'm weird.

Anyways....bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 10.4K 69
All Elicia, daughter of Queen Elsa, ever wanted was to fit in and make friends at Auradon prep. But when the four kids from the Isle of the Lost show...
14.9K 293 26
Once upon a time, many many years ago, a young prince was saved by his enemy. As such, the Nature Spirits blessed the union of the two and the gave b...
3.7K 155 46
The teenage daughters of the infamous Carlos and Elicia De Vil, Serene and Janessa have grown up with the legends of their parents repeated daily. It...
1.6K 5 18
Tally just turned 16 and all she had ever known before coming to Auradon was her little sister Esme. From the start, she's been raising her on her ow...