They Say Love Hides Behind Ev...

By TheFlamingPopsicle

Note: This was written when I was 13. It is very much a product of my little tween mind at the time. Please a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 [End]
Additional Forrest/Shay Scenes

Chapter 28

28.1K 396 45
By TheFlamingPopsicle

A/N: Quotes at the bottom from now on, yo. 

***

They Say Love Hides Behind Every Corner. I Must Be Walking in Circles

Chapter 28

Last time Jasmine, Maddie and I couldn’t think of a plan, we watched a Criminal Minds marathon. Nothing changed except for the fact that Serena was now included in the popcorn-fest.

It took quite a bit for Maddie and Jasmine to accept Serena. They kept eyeing her warily, as if they thought she would spontaneously combust at any given moment, but after two hours they gave up and treated her nicely.

I, for one, momentarily forgot the purpose of watching the show because it was a Wednesday night, and they were showing new episodes, and Reid had this new, hot hair-do that made him actually look sexy. Before, he was just nerdy looking, but now? I’d totally make out with him. (Just don’t tell Forrest!)

I didn’t realize just how tired I was until I found my eyelids were having trouble staying open. At one point, I decided I didn’t care if Maddie and Jasmine painted weird stuff on my face. I needed sleep so badly. With all of the stressful things that were going on in my life, sleep was my safe haven. In my dreams, everything was all right. I was weirdo Shay again. I had Forrest. Serena was herself and she had Finn. Maddie got together with Paul, and Jasmine got over Damien when she found a hot guy to drool over.

But this wasn’t my dream world, and when I woke up in the morning, I had to face that. I couldn’t look in the mirror and fool myself into thinking my dreams would ever come true. What I wanted more than anything else was for everything to go back to normal. But how the hell would that happen? My body was dead. Lisette was dead. Even Serena couldn’t fully go back to normal. She’d still have the memories to scar her.

One by one, my friends began to groggily awake and walk like zombies to the bathroom. Serena nostalgically walked around, and I could only fear what would happen if she saw Matt or Liv.

“Um… Serena?” I asked after a moment of Serena and I just sitting there, waiting for Maddie and Jasmine to quit fighting about who got to pee first. Honestly, if they had just civilly decided, they’d both be done now. But no, they had to fight it out, and now, they were both about to burst. Should I maybe have mention there’s a bathroom open downstairs now? It had been under the process of remodeling the last time they were here.

“What’s up?” she asked, looking around the room.

I wasn’t really one for kindly and cleverly putting things to make them seem less blunt, so I just blurted out, “If you see Matt or Liv, are you gonna freak out or something?”

She looked at me, to the floor, to her hands, and then back at me before responding. “I thought about that, too. But I guess not. I’ll control myself. I don’t wanna freak them out or ruin my chances of fixing this.”

I nodded in understanding. “Okay, good. I was just making sure.”

We had to sit there and wait a bit more before Maddie and Jasmine finally emerged. They had ended up playing rock-paper-scissors to decide.

The four of us went downstairs to eat some cereal before getting down to work. I got a call from Forrest to my phone and was about to answer it when Jasmine yanked it out my hands. “Hello?” she asked, pressing the phone to her ear. “Oh, hey, Forrest!”

"Jasmine!” I complained, reaching for the phone. She glared at me and I growled at her. Maddie and Serena just started cracking up.

"Hmm? Oh, no, Shay’s gonna be busy all day. We’ve got girl stuff to do. We have to go shopping, get our nails done, and buy some more tampons—”

I could hear the click as Forrest hung up and snorted before bursting out into laughter. Pretty soon, the four of us were rolling on the floor, clutching our stomachs and our sides from the split pain that came when you laughed too long.

“Hah!” I gasped out, before sitting up with a bit of trouble. “Just mention the word tampons and boys go running, huh?”

We all laughed a little more about that before scrambling up. “Last one to my room is a filthy, stinking rotten egg!” I shrieked before catapulting myself towards the stairs.

“Hey! No fair, you got a head start!”

“Pfft!” I yelled, sticking my tongue out at Maddie.

I, of course, got to my room first and plopped down on the bed. Maddie plopped down besides me, and Jasmine and Serena took the couch.

“So…” Jasmine began, sounding a little too formal to be considered normal. Then again, none of us were exactly “normal”. Jasmine was the closest thing, probably. Serena and I were long gone, considering we weren’t in our real bodies right now. And Maddie was just weird. Then again, even if my real body wasn’t dead, I would probably still be the weirdest.

“What are we supposed to do now?” Maddie finished, looking around at the three of us.

“We have to brainstorm, I guess,” Serena replied, eyebrows scrunched in deep thought. “Hmmm… what could have happened to make me and Shay switch with Lisette?”

“Hmmm…” I pondered, scratching my chin, just like those old dudes do in the movies. “Maybe this is all a dream!”

Oh, I wish.

"Long-ass dream, then,” Serena said, shaking her head.

“Yeah,” I agreed. There’s no way this is a dream. It is way too long. “Oh, my God, I’ve got it! We should go back and revisit the spots where we passed out!”

“Oh, my God, Shay, you’re a freaking genius!” Serena explained, and with that, we were on our way.

We went to the bar Maddie, Jasmine and I went to that night first, and got some strange looks for being at a bar at 2 in the afternoon.

I lead the way to the bathroom, and half-expected to see an energizer bunny as my reflection, just like I had that night. But no, all I saw was a bunch of blonde and perfect-ness. (No offense, or anything, Serena.)

We looked around for any sign, we sat there for half an hour, I sat there alone for half an hour, but nothing happened. Cursing, I stormed out after the half hour of sitting there by myself. “Nothing! Nothing at all happened!”

Maddie’s face fell. “Well, come on, let’s just go to where Serena went and see.”

Nodding, we were on our way. Serena was at a college dorm, so the looks we got were even weirder. But then there were some people who I supposedly knew, but I had to use the whole amnesia excuse again. It had been a while since I had used it.

When we got to the dorm where the party had been held at, the people who lived there weren’t home, thank God. Since people recognized me, they let me in. We looked around but found nothing except for personal stuff belonging to the residents. Serena sat in there for half an hour, too, but nothing happened.

This was seriously depressing.

So with sad faces, we went back home and crashed on the floor.

“What now?” Serena asked in a small voice.

I shrugged. “Well, we’re not giving up. I’m not, at least. We keep brainstorming.”

It was silent for a bit as we thought to ourselves before Serena broke the silence by saying, “Wait, what if this is all a punishment?”

“A punishment?” I echoed.

“Yeah,” Serena said, nodding her head and sitting up, “what if this is a punishment for something we did?”

“Maybe,” I agreed. “But what could we have done that was so bad? I mean, there are murderers and stuff out there. I didn’t murder anyone.”

“Maybe it was because I partied too much,” Serena offered to get us started.

“Maybe it was because Shay was with Westley without love,” Maddie presented.

“Maybe it was to save Shay from Westley,” Jasmine said, before adding, “I know it’s not a punishment, but it’s a possibility.”

“I guess, but what about Lisette? The punishment thing is more probable, since there are three people involved.”

“That’s true,” Jasmine granted.

“I know why, for me,” Serena whispered. “I took everything in my life for granted. I had the perfect life, guys. But I didn’t appreciate it. I didn’t appreciate my family, I didn’t appreciate my friends, I didn’t appreciate my wealth, I didn’t appreciate my status, and most importantly, I sure as hell didn’t appreciate Finn. What if it was taken away to teach me a lesson?”

I thought about this. Serena was on to something. “Then I think it’s been taught.”

“What did Shay do, though?”

I sat there and came to a realization. “It was me.”

“Huh?”

“It was my personality,” I corrected.

“But your personality is awesome!” Maddie exclaimed, aghast at the idea.

“Well, yeah, in a way, but it’s also bad,” I said, realizing the truth. “I never cared what people thought of me.”

“That’s a good thing, though,” Jasmine said, “I mean; I wish I could just shrug things off like that.”

“It can also be a bad thing,” I told them, “This means I listen to no one, not even the people that care for me, and the ones that know what’s best for me. I’ve been stuck in my own little bubble for so long. So I’m thinking this was a punishment. Now that I actually cared what they thought, now that I wanted them to listen to me, they wouldn’t listen because I was, well, Serena.”

“Man,” Serena muttered, “deep stuff.”

I nodded my head.

“But now that we have this, what do we do with it?” Serena asked.

We all shrugged.

Okay.

So we may not have this all figured out.

We’re one step closer!

And that’s what counts.

 ***

3 Quotes of the Day:

1: "ooh, if i tried to get a tic tac to, would you let me? o_0 

Anyway! OOh! so Since Shay went to Serena's body and Serena went to Lisette's and Lisette went to Shay's then Shay's body is dead while so is Lisette, Though Shay is still alive and Serena, Seren's body and Lisette's body, so I'm guessing that when and if everything goes back, shay is either gonna wake up in a dead body, not wake up at all or in Lisette's body and Serena goes back to her own Body and Lisette either never wakes up or wakes up in her body. 

That's my philosophy. 

I could still be wrong though (HOW!??!!) 

Also, FINN AND SERENA SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! 

I KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEWWW ITTT!!!! 

i knew it all along, uh huh. Dat's right suckas! Dat's right just like them cookies near christmas with the reindeer on em, and i don't even care if you've never heard of them! (again, HOW!?!?!?) 

Cuz I got the shiny genie lamp and i'm gonna use the magical floating cupcakes to show ya all that i am right. So there. Fight with that logic. **Sticks out tongue at you** 

I also just noticed that my little sister has had thelead with her comments and quotes. NOT FOR LONG! 

Imma go find a voodoo doll now to get rid of that racoon that ate my strawberries.

BYE!! 

Have fun with your straitjacket.

~Ruby The Crazy Purple Banana Monkey" -Ruby_theCrazy

2: ">O< 

OH MY JEEBUS!! You... You.. YOU USED MY COMMENT!! *tear* 

I so did not think that was gonna happen! I was just going on a little rant!!  

I was done reading this chapter and started reading the comments at the end. One looked familiar and then I realized it was mine!!!

I screamed really freaking loud!! I scared my best friend and his dog. They both fell off my bed!! ^O^ I was so happy!! I actually got up and did a happy dance!!! So now I am like totally cool to my friend *not really* But I feel like I am!!! AHHHHH!! Hahaha I love how this just got me really happy!!!

I am kinda bummed it wasn't her G-ma.. BUT I did not see that coming AGAIN!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!! AND I didn't know wattpad gives you a due date for your stories!! :O Seriously though!! I was so happy I think I peed!!>.<!!!

YAY!!! I think it was my Dora comment that won you over.. *just kidding ;D or not... MAYBE* 

If I didn't pee before.. I really gotta pee now.. SOOO

~BYE LOVER!!!"- Lacey2GalaxyB

3: "DuDe i

Anyway i think i might go talk to my pet rock............nah ill do that l8r...................RIGHT NOW I SHALL RANT AND RAMBLE!!!

Shays body is probably like all yucky but MAYBE its her secret twin sister..........or or or its a clone from the planet of stuff and stuff...............well whutevr happens i lurvvveee yo story.

and what is with all this talk of cupcakes?THEY ARE EVIL!!!! the other day i almost died eating one!i use monster for my inspiration mmm.......i like the purple and green kind!

Do you like moster?or bowl cakes?i like that kind..they arent evil like cupcakes

.....and i might add that you r the spiciest writer on wattpad.oh ya and today is 10/10/10!Is it weird that i have all of the spells from harry potter memorized?nah everyone does.....i mean why wouldnt you?

You must restore order to the bodies of the ppls in ur story cuz its all suspensy but thats good too.........ur a really good writer i cant write for my life.......

oh. my. gammit. i hear squirrells......there here to brainwash me! i gtg i wouldnt want you seeing this or read..... anyway imma ggo grab my ninja stars.....pizza out

ur buddae, 

XxGleekstarxX

(P.S.~I killed them with my num-chucks and im now having squirrell stew......I kept one named him Raj........)"- XxGleekstarxX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 143 32
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
154K 10K 87
*** PLEASE READ STOLEN MEMORIES ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN FIRST****** They say that people change after they get married. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan have been...
1.2K 29 10
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
78.1K 2.1K 54
Rowan Hunter is one of the youngest and most powerful men in the city, born into a life of both terrible darkness and insurmountable wealth yet curse...