Atlantian |Arthur Curry/Aquam...

By NightingaleEclipse

Atlantian. Surface Dweller. Land. Sea. Two worlds never to meet and yet somehow, they did. _________________... More

Prologue:
Chapter One
Chapter 2.1: Intermission

Chapter Two:

1.3K 43 9
By NightingaleEclipse

Chapter Two:

|To Amnesty Bay|

________________________________________

~Reading Key~

(Y/N) = Your Name

(L/N) = Your Last Name

(Y/M/N) = Your middle name

(N/N) = Your Nickname

(H/C) = Hair Color (Your hair will have a dyed streak of a blue)

(F/C) = favorite color

(F/F) = Favorite fruit

(Y/H/T) = Your hometown

More will be added with time

Author's Note:

I'm sorry if some of the characters seem a bit ooc or if the story seemed a bit slow paced at first, also thank you for sticking with the story so far. ^^

___________________________

~Previously~

"Shh, don't panic." I turned my head to the side only to be greeted to a beautiful pair of green eyes. It was a woman I had seen before in the museum.

"My name is Mera, I'm here to help you get out of here but you have to come with me."

I slowly tried to calm myself down, nodding. She soon enough removed her hand from my face.

"W-where do we have to go?" She remained quiet for a moment before looking down to me with a smile.

"Home. Home to Atlantis."

_________________________
___

"So...You were basically rescued by this "Mera" from men who broke into your house.....?"

" Were you expecting Superman to come down to save me or some creepy clown with laughing gas?" I asked with a raised brow, sitting up into my seat. Amanda gave a small sigh, staring down at the file before looking back, "If memory serves correctly when we found you, there was a woman who left you behind. That was this 'Mera', right?"

The words echoed in my head over and over again, 'left behind. Left behind', I wasn't left behind though right...? Honestly, the last few hours were a bit fuzzy as I remember someone yelling at me and then a sharp pain to my chest before blacking out. Ms. Waller stared at me for a moment as if trying to figure out what I was thinking before she looked to the side and waved a hand. "Continue on. I will ask you my questions when you are finished."

"That woman was Mera, a woman who I thought was a hero at the time. God, was I wrong"

_________________________
___

"Atlantis? Atlantis?! what the hell, there is no such thing a-" Before I could finish my sentence, a blast was fired at us but Mera pulled me away in the nick of time. "Who are you really, why are they shooting at us?!"

"Your name is (Y/N) (Y/M/N )(L/N), Right?! I'm here to make sure you're not sliced and served to on a silver platter! so do me a favor," Mera stands up from our hiding place, her eyes glowing a bright blue as hissing was heard from the sinks "Stand back."

Not knowing what she'll do, I quickly did as she said and ran upstairs to take cover. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath as I tried to snap myself out of whatever weird dream I was having. "Come on, wake up..Wake Up!!" Sadly enough, this was no dream. It was all real. I heard men downstairs with various voices screaming my name before the sound of water engulfed their screams. after that, silence...

".....?" Praying that it was over, I took a few steps downstairs to where this Mera woman was yet there was no trace of her. Nor was there of the strange men who attacked us. As I wondered where she had gone another thought popped into my mind, the glowing item from the box.

I rushed over to wherever I dropped the now soaked box and looked inside if the same glow was there. There was nothing, just the junk from before. "great, just great." I sighed, slumping down onto the wet floorboard.

Bzzzt!

the lights flashed on, bringing me out of the dark but it wasn't like that was going to magically help my situation. "Maybe the police will believe that I was ransacked by fish people. Oh who am I kidding..." something soon touches my shoulder.

Out of reflex, I grabbed the nearest object close to me and swing at whatever was on me. Before I could strike a blow, a feminine hand grabs my wrist and tightens their hold forcing me to drop the object.

"I save your life and you repay me by trying to smack me with a shoe. Humans..." the woman from before grumbled, releasing my wrist. "I thought you were one of those...Things."

"Things? I take offense to that, those were Atlantian soldiers, though I didn't think they would come for you so soon.." Mera sighs, looking around my now ruined home "We need to leave. Before they send reinforcements for you"

"I'm sorry, reinforcements? atlantian soldiers? That's it. I lost it, I finally crashed from my work and now I'm hallucinating inside a mental asylum." I groaned, pacing back and forth.

"(Y/N), as much as I would love to hear you...complaining...we need to go. Do you have a vehicle for transportation or-"

"I'm not going anywhere until you explain yourself and why these guys tried to murder me!" Mera looks up at me about to say something until a beeping was heard from a charm on her wrist. "Look, we don't have time for this. We need to leave now and get to Amnesty Bay before it's too late, I can answer your questions on the way there."

I was skeptical at first, but what choice did I have? I sighed, leading her outside to my truck to leave. No point in stay anymore right...?

Before she walked out, Mera stepped down into the box, grabbing the cylinder. "......."

_________________________
___

The entire car ride was silent as we drove outside of (Y/H/T), following the directions on the GPS to Amnesty Bay. It wasn't until it we were about 30 minutes out of town that I finally spoke up.

"Who are you?"

Mera simply chuckled at me, rolling her eyes before answering "I told you already, I am Princess Y'mera of the kingdom of Xebel. You may simply call me Mera."

"Wait wait wait...You're a princess?! I honestly thought you were some kickass warrior lady not some princess from Atlantis." Mera raises a brow but smiled at me nonetheless.

"No, but most royals are trained in combat to protect themselves in battle. Arent your royals the same?" this caused me to laugh, thinking to myself if Princess Diana were to fight queen Elizabeth to the death. "Er, no. None of the royal families I know of are trained like that. Just sit around and look pretty for the camera."

"camera?"

"um, its kinda of this thing that flashes before it takes your photo. See look" I unlocked my phone's camera before tossing it to her. Mera simply looked down at the camera in confusion, the flash going off when she takes her photo.

the woman squeals out and in surprise, tosses my phone out of the window. "Hey! That was my..ugh, nevermind. Only used it for the apps anyway.." I mumbled as she rubs her eyes.

"Humans using machines to blind you, just another fantastic thing your creatures are good for." she groaned, blinking rapidly as I narrowed my eyes.

"what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Humans are good for nothing but taking up the air and polluting our waters for centuries. Brutes who ruin the beauty in nature." Mera says, looking out of the window. as if on cue, a semi-truck rides by honking as fumes spilled from it as it passed over. "See."

"Well, if humans are so awful, Why did you save me."

Mera simply looked over to me and then turned back to staring at the trees we passed by, "Because of your father and a secret he took to the grave. I was sent to find you before anything could happen to you."

"You're saying because of my dad, those guys were sent to kill me. My dad never even discovered Atlantis and disappeared after one of his travels, how can you say-"

"Because I was there when he was killed and was told to find you before you were next. Atlantis is real and your father knew that their hate against humanity was growing. Before he was sent to the trench for his execution, he told Vulko and me to find you as well as the trident of Atlan."

"That's nothing but a child's fairy tale, it doesn't exist.."

"It does and this here," She raises her arm to show the cylinder "was what your father uncovered. The secret to where the first king of Atlantis' trident lays."

"Alright, since you have it why don't you go get it so that way they'll leave me alone."

"Sorry to say, but it's not that easy. Only a true king can wield it and if you haven't noticed, I am definitely not king material. Which is why we are leaving to Amnesty Bay, to find the possible true king."

"And..who would that be," I asked, raising a brow. Mera's face soon turns into a disgusted glare before answering.

"Arthur Curry or the 'Aquaman' as you humans call him. He is the firstborn of our queen Atlanna, which makes him the rightful heir to the throne." Mera sat up from her seat, noticing the sign that says we were a few miles away from our destination. "The sooner you help us track down the trident, the sooner you can go back to your normal life, deal?"

I thought for a moment, as long as I could find this Arthur my life would return to the way it was. As much as the thought of Atlantis amused me, my fears overwhelmed me instead. "I..alright, but I don't see how I can help. I'm as you said, a creature taking up the air and polluting your waters."

"Took the same words out of my mouth. I don't like it, you don't like it, and our man of the hour is certainly not going to like it. Yet this is our only chance at preventing a war where no one will survive."

I sighed, knowing I have no choice before becoming silent once more and focusing on the road.

_________________________
___

Once we arrived, I was told to stay in my truck until she found whichever drinking hole Arthur would be. Before I could even protest, Mera ran off and left me behind.

"Damn it all." I laid my head down onto the wheel, the honk going off but at the moment I really didn't care. Too much is swimming in my head, too much is happening and I feel like I'm drowning in information.

'My dad didn't disappear. He was killed by the people he searched for his whole life. Atlantis is real and from what I assume is pretty pissed at humanity. And now I'm searching for a prince' I was pulled out of my thoughts by a knock on my window.

Without looking up, I rolled down my window silently not caring what the man had to say at the moment. I wasn't expecting a deep voice to scare the life out of me, "'Cuse me, Ma'am. Mind shutting this thing of yours up."

Instantly, I shot up from the wheel causing the honking to stop at the same time. "Don't be a cop, don't be a cop, don't be a co- You're no cop."

My eyes widen as hues of green stare into my (E/C). in front of me was a man with his long dark hair tied into a ponytail and a coat wrapped around his built body, he had a grin on his face probably from getting through with a good time. Had to admit, he was pretty cute...

The man chuckles "No, I am no cop. Couldn't do the work that they have to put up with." Behind him, an older man wearing a beanie comes up to him with a drunk laugh, "Arthur, one more. Come on just on.."

"you're Arthur? Arthur Curry"

"That's right, I know you?"

____________________

|End of chapter one|

Sorry for the late start, but Thanks for sticking around for chapter 2. I know this is a bit of a small chapter but I will make up for it for sure in Chapter 3 since that's going to have a lot going down in it. Anyway stay tuned and thank you for the support

- Eclipse

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 11.2K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
383K 23.2K 82
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
436K 13.1K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
818K 18.6K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.