Old Me

De warriorpwr

Beatrice has just graduated college and returned home to help at her family business: a tattoo shop. She isn'... Mai multe

Author's Note
Main Characters
Language Key
1 - Not My Type
2 - The Meet Cute
3 - Sleepover
4 - The Set Up
5 - Flirting?
6 - The Date Part 1
7 - The Date Part 2
8 - The Date Part 3
9 - Meet The Fam
10 - The Interrogation
11 - Party Preparations
12 - Sharing Secrets
13 - Can't Relate
14 - First Dance
15 - Second Date
16 - Coronado
17 - Don't Tell
18 - ReDo
19 - Dinner
20 - Netflix & Chill
21 - Closer
22 - Band Practice
23 - ER
24 - Cool Scar
25 - Results
26 - Past Is Apparent
27 - His Fault
29 - Betrayal
30 - Apologize
31 - Cuddle weather
32 - Lights Out
33 - Secrets
34 - Stay
35 - Exclusive
36 - Spill
37 - Official
38 - Goodnight
39 - Out of My Limit
40 - Room for Jesus
41 - Love
42 - Consequences
43 - Fair
44 - Salt and Sun
45 - Road Trippin'
46 - My Lips Are Sealed
47 - Don't Stop
48 - Can I Join?
49 - Fireworks
50 - Desperate
51 - Girls Talk Boys
52 - Empty House
53 - Love Bites
54 - Five Years Free
55 - Cold Feet
56 - Just Say It
57 - Ready
58 - Better Man
59 - Old Me
60 - Dirty Laundry
61 - Everything I Didn't Say
62 - Before I Met You
63 - Can't Help It
64 - I.F.L.Y.
65 - Mine
66 - Back to You
67 - She's Kinda Hot
68 - All the Small Things
69 - The Best Years
70 - Epilogue
Mikey POV Ch 1
Mikey POV Ch 4
Mikey POV Ch 7/16/17
Mikey's POV Ch 21
Mikey's POV Ch 60

28 - You're cute

82 1 0
De warriorpwr

I followed the boys outside to Ashton's car and couldn't help but smile as Mikey and Ashton bickered over who would be DJing on the way back to Michael's car.

I stopped at the car and Ashton walked around to the driver's side to get in.

"Thanks for letting me stay for dinner. And I'm glad you're okay, Bea," Ashton said drumming his hands on top of the car.

"Thanks, Ashton. And you're welcome anytime for food. My family loves to feed people," I laughed.

"I'll let you two say goodbye," he said wiggling his eyebrows before climbing into the car.

Michael closed the space between and slipped his arms around my waist. He smiled down at me for a while without saying anything.

"What?" I asked playing with his shirt collar on the back of his neck.

"Nothing," he smiled, "You're just cute."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

Our eyes met and silently asked to kiss me as we leaned in. The kiss was warm and slow, making me almost forget that Ashton was just in the car behind us.

I pulled away smiling and reminded him we had an audience. Michael chuckled and shook his head.

"Don't mind Ash," he said leaning in for another kiss, "pretend it's just us."

I crinkled my nose at the feel of his scruff on my lips and he pulled back.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's a little prickly," I said running my fingers over his mustache.

"Sorry, I shaved recently so it's going to be prickly as it grows back. I can shave it all off if you want?" He asked.

"No, you don't have to do that just for me. Besides, I like your scruff. It suits you," I smiled.

"Oh yeah?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I chuckled pecking his lips.

"When can I see you again?"

"Um, probably the weekend. I work all week," I said thinking about how I wish I could spend every day with him.

He sighed and thought to himself.

"You're probably right. Maybe we can do another movie night at my place on Friday?" He suggested.

"Okay. I'd like that."

"Okay. I'll text you later, Bea."

We kissed one last time and I thought he was going to release me but he pulled me in for a warm hug.

"Goodnight," he whispered into my hair.

He kissed the top of my head before letting go and getting into the car. I waved them off and walked inside already wishing it was Friday.

Bea, you're ridiculous. You need to get it together.

When I got inside I took off my shoes and climbed upstairs.

"Bea?" My mom called from her room.

"Yeah?"

"Come here, please," she called out.

I followed her orders and went into her room. She was in her closet ironing one of dad's shirts.

"What's up?" I asked leaning against the door frame.

"So, what'd the doctor say exactly?" She asked flattening out one of the sleeves.

"Oh, about my arm or the iron deficiency?"

"Both."

"Right. So stitches need to come out in 7-10 days, which Siena will do for me. I can't get it wet for 24 hours. As for the anemia, he prescribed me supplements that I take daily for six weeks, and then I'm supposed to follow up with my doctor for more labs to make sure it's improving."

She nodded but didn't say anything. That's a bad sign. It means she's probably mad.

"Bea," she said looking up with tears in her eyes, "I'm really disappointed that you didn't tell me you were feeling sick. How long has this been going on?"

"Mom, please don't cry. It wasn't that long."

She nodded and took a deep breath to calm herself down.

"I love you, so much Beatrice, and I hope that you know you can tell me anything."

"I know mamma. I love you too. And I'm sorry I didn't say anything. I was just scared and stupid."

She put a smile on her face and wiped her eyes picking up the iron again.

"Do you need dad or me to run out and get anything? Do you need some medicine for your arm?"

"Um, no, that's okay. I'll get the prescription filled in the morning. It's late. I'll just take some ibuprofen for my arm."

"Okay, stellina. I'll see you in the morning."

"Goodnight, ma," I said leaning over to kiss her cheek.

I stopped in Cat and I's bathroom on the way to my room to get ready for bed. I took a few ibuprofen out of the medicine cabinet and swallowing them with some tap water. I stared at my reflection.

I looked gross. My hair was greasy from sweating earlier and my face was pale. I can't believe he called me cute. I don't look cute at all. I grabbed my toothbrush out of my drawer and proceeded to get ready for bed.

I shut off the light and made my way to my bedroom. My phone vibrated in my back pocket and pulled it out to reveal a text from Michael.

I smiled and opened it quickly, eager to read what he said.

(Michael): I'm sorry that today didn't go according to plan, but I'm glad I got to be there with you. Goodnight. I'll text you in the morning. 😚

My heart skipped with excitement as I read his text. He is too cute.

(me): Thank you so much. I really appreciate you. Goodnight 😚

I locked my phone and skipped to my bedroom giddy with feelings of being "in like". I hadn't felt like this in a long time and my brain wouldn't stop replaying all the times his lips had touched mine, all the times his hands had touched my thigh sending my heart racing.

I stripped out of my clothes and threw on an old t-shirt to sleep in. I bundled myself in my comforter after plugging in my phone and setting my alarm.

The events of the day kept repeating on a loop and despite feeling exhausted I couldn't get my brain to shut off. I was so excited to be experiencing all these things with Michael and to get to know him better. I felt like I had overshared today, and I wanted to hear more about him when we had our date night on Friday. I rolled over when my phone vibrated, alerting me that I had forgotten to put it on do not disturb.

I was surprised that it was a text from Michael.

(Michael): I'm sorry I know it's not the morning yet and I hope this doesn't wake you if you're already sleeping, but I couldn't sleep and was thinking about you...

I smiled to myself as I thought of what to write in response. I loved how much confidence Michael had to text me for no reason. The guys I went on dates with didn't really text apart from pick-up lines and date locations and times. I never really made it past one or two dates before realizing all they wanted was no strings attached sex.

(me): Don't tell anyone but...I was thinking about you too

I hope he doesn't think that was too lame. He replied almost instantly.

(Michael): You're awake! And don't worry your secret is safe with me. Don't tell me you're a night owl?

(me): Kind of. Well not anymore. I definitely was during school. I'm trying to get back to a normal sleep schedule. Are you?

(Michael): I was when I was younger but with the coffee shop opening at 7 am I've got to get to bed at a decent hour so I can be productive in the morning. I like to get a run in or some sort of exercise before leaving for work.

(me): 7 am! No way! I can't do that.

(Michael): lol. I guess I'll have to get creative when it comes to getting you up early then

(me): idk if you'd want to do that. I'm not very nice in the morning.

(Michael): Really? I can't imagine you being mean. Maybe throwing a punch or two but never mean

(me): lol. Just wait until I'm hangry. Then you'll get a taste of meanness

(Michael): but everyone gets hangry, right? I can't hold that against you.

(me): Yeah I guess you're right

(Michael): Thanks for keeping me company. Unfortunately, I need to say goodnight for real now or I'm going to be tired tomorrow.

(me): Goodnight. Sweet dreams 😚

(Michael): Goodnight 😙

I locked my phone and got into a comfortable position for sleep which didn't hurt my arm.

I hope I dream about Michael.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.3M 26.3K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
2M 48.1K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
22.1K 690 49
Highest Ranks : #1 & #2 in Badboyseries #1 in Cancerpatient #1 in Cancersurvivor || Completed & Edited || ❧ "Please don't leave me. I-I-I-I'm scared...
Our Girl De Ashley Nicole West

Ficțiune adolescenți

57.7K 2.8K 84
***Currently being edited, also adding alot of juicy stuff*** When 18 year old Ashton, moves schools her senior year after her mother and fathers div...