The Second Player [A Overlord...

By saltybot

[A OVERLORD FAN STORY] The popular DMMO-RPG YGGDRASIL servers finaly start to shut down after 12 years of ope... More

Chapter 1- Server shutdown
Chapter 2-New World, New Me
Chapter 3- The Guardians
Chapter 4- Same Old Bar
Chapter 5- Carne Village
Chapter 6- My Time To Shine
Chapter 7- The First Of Many
Chapter 8- My Awkward Life
Chapter 9- Journey To The West
Chapter 10- Re-Estize
Chapter 11 -The Duties Of A Floor Guardian
Chapter 12-The Plan to Glory
Chapter 13- The First (Official) Quest
Chapter 14- The Witch
Update: A grand return
Chapter 15- Reactions to Decisions
Chapter 16- The Peoples New Hero
Chapter 17- Royalty For Regulars
Part 18: Troubling Matters
Chapter 19: Disagreements
Chapter 20: The Bloody Valkyrie
Chapter 21: The Beginning Of The End
Update: Back In Business!
Intermission-Forgotten
V2 chapter 1-While You Were Gone
V2 Chapter 2- Lizardmen Rising
V2 Chapter 3- Rallying Of The Lizards
V2 Chapter 4- The First Battle
V2 chapter 5- Royal Procession
V2 chapter 6- Fate of the Strong
Intermission- Runaway Property
V2 Chapter 8- Ruin Meets Rose
V2 chapter 9- The Butlers Secret
V2 Chapter 10- Stolen
V2 Chapter 11- The Fall Of Security
V2- Chapter 12- Preparations For The Battle
V2 Chapter 13-The Final Battle Of The Disturbance
Update- Whats Next?
Intermission: A Hero Rises

V2 Chapter 7- Return to the Kingdom

3.5K 92 4
By saltybot

The Kingdom of Re-Estize were lit dimly as the day went on. The day went on as usual in the city.

Nocmore wondered the streets with the young Human Grace. His masters bird, Vor, sat on his shoulder. Both him and the bird silently followed Grace. She was happy, yet bored.

Nocmore wore his Robe with his Adamanite adventurer necklace.

He was given four of these Necklaces by the guild. One for him, Lord Sonus, Delta, and Grace. He and Grace had there's, while he was not aware that his master had known about them yet. He tried to call, but was told to wait. That was a while ago..... he was extremely out of the loop.

Grace wore her signature hat with her blue robes. her staff had been upgraded, now it was a smaller, stronger, golden staff. She had her Adamanite necklace around her neck and she was proud.

Nocmore's master had instructed him to watch over the girl in his absence. he had been dong that, but the girl always wanted to do something. Either a adventure, to train, or even to shop. It wore out the executioner at times.

Grace: So! What are going today?

Noc: Wait in the inn.

Grace: That's all you ever want to do! What about go on a quest?

Noc: No.

Grace: train?

Noc: No.

Grace: we can go shopping for more equipment!

Another shopping day hurt him internally.

Noc: We will train.

Grace, Excited, ran forward. Nocmore sighed and followed.  After a small while of running, They eventually found a alleyway and decided to train there.

Grace: So, what spell?

Noc: Try the one I taught you.

She nodded and aimed her staff. Focusing, she whispered.

Grace: [Ace shot]!

A small, light shot forward and hit the wall, leaving not even a dent or sign of weakness on the wall.

Noc: Weak. try again.

She fired again, and still it was to small.

Noc: again.

She fired countless more times until she was to tired to continue. She fell to the floor and was out of breath.

Noc: Continue training on your own. When the spell is strong, you will be to.

He wasn't instructed to teach her anything, but he had to protect her as instructed and this was one way.

Someone connected to him with the [Message] spell. he focused and listened in.

???: Nocmore.

Caught off guard at the voice of his master, he slightly panicked.

Noc: LORD SO- er, Lord Specter.

Sonus: yes, you are in the open I presume? I will be returning soon. we must discuss the plan with the city moving forward.

Noc: Understood.

Sonus: Also, have you met up with Sebas in the city yet? we shall be seeing him soon.

Noc: Not yet. I shall await your return.

Sonus: I will see you soon.

He hung up. Nocmore was excited. After so long, he would have a use again.

Grace: Was that Lord Specter?!? Is he coming back with Lady Del?!?!?!

Noc: Yes, soon. We must prepare to show him our new rank.

Grace: Yes! I can finally show them all we've done for the team! Lets hurry back to the inn!

She seemed to be fine after the news and stood up. She hurried back out to the street. And, as usual, Nocmore tried to catch up.

—————-
Once they reached the inn, they entered and heard cheers from people around them. Since they had made this place there home, other adventurers had started coming here to use it, and it was obvious. The place was always packed now.

The inn keeper woman smiled as they entered. Her whole life had changed for the better because of them, so it was only obvious she somewhat enjoyed them.

Adventurers walked up to them asking to meet there leader like usual, but this time he could not stop to talk. They didn't seem to bothered, and the people enjoyed there drinks in peace.

Grace ran up the stairs while Noc gave a nod to the inn keeper and started to walk up. He stopped as he heard someone behind him.

???: Are you from team Ruin?

He turned to face the person. It was a woman. She was short and tied her blonde hair at the top.She looked like a assassin of some sort.

Noc: Yes. And you?

???: Blue Rose, the other Adamanite team. I am Tia, an My leader wants to meet with yours to thank him for his ability to protect the kingdom in our absence.

Noc: Hm? Where?

Tia: The Bar down the street, the "Fighting Lion". tonight?

Noc: we shall see.

Tia: Very well then.

They stared for a moment, then she vanished. Noc turned away and back up the stairs to there room.

-----------------------------

Sonus pov.....

I gave a deep sigh as I walked through the [Gate] spells portal and back into my inn room. Of course I had changed armor beforehand.

I walked in and looked around. Everything was the same as I remembered. It was perfect.

behind me, Delta walked through. She was back to here cloak and adventurer clothes as well.

Sonus: Ah, feels weird to be back, huh?

Delta: Mhm.

Right, you don't talk much....

The door opened right after that. It was Grace who came through. Thankfully, we already looked the part of adventurers.

Grace: Welcome back!!!!!!

She jumped at me, giving me a hug. Not knowing how to react, I stood motionless.

Being a overlord and still getting hugs is weird.

Specter: yes.... it is good to be back.

The door opened again as Nocmore came through. He noticed us and seemed surprised, but bowed.

On his shoulder my bird Vor instantly flew to my side. He landed calmly on my armor.

Noc: welcome back Lord Specter. Welcome Delta.

Delta: Hm.

Luckily, Grace didn't seem to hear him call Del "Delta" and we continued on. She let go and looked at us excited.

Grace: Its been sooooo boring without you guys! Noc is a so boring.....

Specter: Ha, I bet.

Noc: Lord......

Specter: Oh, my apologies Noc. Now, Report?

Noc: yes. We have been given the highest title of adventurer possible by the guild. These signify that status.

He handed me and Delta a small necklace with a ore on it.

Specter: perfect. We are known now. anything else?

Noc: nothing of importance. We have been doing minor quests for money, it is on the table.

I turned to see a huge bag, as big as my helmet, in coins.

Specter: impressive.

Noc: thank you. Finally, I have received word that the leader of Blue Rose wants to meet with you to thank you personally.

I stopped for a moment. I had heard of Blue Rose from.. somewhere. I knew they were strong. My first meeting with them should go good.

Specter: When?

Noc: Preferably tonight, at the bar "The Fighting Lion".

Specter: very well. We will head there soon. Ah, also Noc go check up on Sebas. I will tell you his address later, after the meeting.

Noc: Of course.

Grace: Who's "Sebas"?

Woops.

Specter: A friend. It doesn't concern you.

Grace: okay..... So, we get to meet Blue Rose?! Awesome! They're a amazing group of adventurers that anyone would love to meet-!

She rambled on about how great they were and I started to stop paying attention. I focused more on the bigger questions like "what am I going to wear? Should I just look like a "hero""?

Here we go again....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 896 9
Y/N, otherwise known as U/N, the most feared player in YGGDRASIL. The reason behind this wasn't just his stats or that he could wipe out whole guilds...
28.6K 752 12
When YGGDRASIL closed is servers, the famous guild of Ainz Ooal Gown is sent to another world (as the original story suggested). Little did they know...
14.5K 560 9
One of the founding members of the Ainz Ooal Gown guild on Yggdrasil, Y/n is a ferocious warrior with a deep knowledge of magic. He and Momonga are t...
80.4K 2.3K 62
Momonga becomes the Emperor of the Yggdrasil how will he affect the new world and the other worlds? will it be destruction and chaos or peace and pro...