Surrender: The Flash (2)

By Book_Lover_37

"What made you change your mind?" "I just realized I have to stop thinking about the future and live in the m... More

About/Disclaimer/Cast
Season One Recap
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
7.0
7.1
7.3
8.1.0
8.1.1
8.1.2
8.1.3
8.1.4
8.1.5
8.2.0
8.2.1
8.2.2
8.2.3
8.2.4
9.0
9.1
9.2
9.3
9.4
9.5
10.0
10.1
10.2
11.0
11.1
11.2
12.0
12.1
12.2
12.3
13.0
13.1
13.2
13.3
13.4
13.5
14.0
14.1
14.2
14.3
14.4
15.0
15.1
15.2
15.3
15.4
16.0
16.1
16.2
16.3
16.4
17.0
17.1
17.2
17.3
17.4
17.5
18.0
18.1
18.2
18.3
18.4
19.0
19.1
19.2
19.3
20.0
20.1
20.2
21.0
21.1
21.2
21.3
22.0
22.1
22.2
22.3
23.0
23.1
23.2
23.3
23.4
That's a Wrap!

7.2

1.3K 34 4
By Book_Lover_37

7.2 a bet

"Hey, guys," I say to Henry and Barry. "I think we've found them."

"Yeah?"

"Grodd has to be in one of these three bell towers," I explain as Cisco pulls up the visuals.

"The only reason we couldn't find him on any cameras underneath the city before, is cause he upgraded from a bachelor pad to a penthouse, like a baller," Cisco explains.

"Okay, so we know where he is," Barry says. "We still don't know how to get her."

"We got a plan for you," Cisco says as I force a smile at the plan.

"What's the plan?" Barry asks.

"We use me," Harry says walking in with the Reverse Flash costume on.

Barry suddenly pins Harry to the wall as Cisco yells, "That's Harry! That's the other Wells!"

"Barry. Let him go," I say. "Let him go."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Barry says letting go of him.

"We found another suit in the Time Vault," I explain.

"I thought he was dead," Henry says.

"He's dead. This is... this is Harrison Wells from Earth-2," I say.

"Earth-2?" He asks.

"I'll explain later," Barry says.

"If we can get Harry to convince Grodd that he's Wells, that he's his father, maybe we can convince him to let Caitlin go," Cisco says.

"I'm not gonna be able to help if anything goes wrong," Barry says.

"That's a chance I'm willing to take," Harry answers.

"Um- Hello. I'm here too," I say.

"Uh- we can't have you go out today," Barry says sharing a look with Cisco.

"And why not?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Your powers are all over the place, Liv. You can't go out until we figure this out," Cisco says.

"We can't just keep me-"

"No," Harry says sternly. I look at him and he gives me a look. "No."

We both stare at each other, trying to break the other but it doesn't work. Finally I give in, saying, "Fine."

🔥⚡️

I walk into the Cortex to see Henry and Barry talking. I wait a while at the door, watching the two men talk and when they are done, I smile. "Everything alright?" I ask, not exactly knowing what they were talking about.

Their heads snap towards me and Henry smiles nodding. I look at Barry for an answer and he nods as well, saying, "Yeah."

"Good," I say and start walking inside. "So, now that they're all gone... we wait?"

"Yup," Barry nods.

"I can try to-"

"No," Barry says, knowing what I'm about to say. I sigh and walk over, sitting down in a chair next to Barry, Henry standing across from us.

"So, you two finally together, huh?" Henry asks with a chuckle.

"Yeah," I say sweetly, leaning against Barry's shoulder as he puts his hand on mine with a smile.

Barry says, "I thought it was about time."

"Yes, it was. It's about time I got a new pair of sneakers," Henry says.

"What?" We ask in unison, picking my head up from Barry's shoulder a little to look at Henry's face clearer.

His eyes widen in realization. "Uhh... nothing," He says slowly.

"Wait no, what are you talking about, Dad?" Barry asks.

Henry sighs, saying, "Me and Joe... had a bet- for when the two of you would get together. I won."

"You bet on us?" I ask.

"Dad!" Barry says but the two of us still have smiles on our face.

"Hey, can't your old man have a little fun?" He says with a smile as Barry shakes his head with a laugh.

I freeze when a sharp pain shoot through my right arm. Barry and Henry's head snaps over to me in worry.

"Liv?" Barry asks, quickly holding my hands. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Barry," I breathe out, my voice wavering. My breathing quickens as my body is stiff and burning from the inside out. "It- It hurts."

"Hey, Hey," Barry says, holding my shoulders and he shares a look with Henry. Henry helps me get on a stretcher as he grabs Caitlin's supplies to start checking me.

I push him away, leaning forwards in pain. "I need- I need-" I'm cut of by my own scream as the burning gets worse. When I look around me, I see the sheets of the stretcher start to burn. "Barry," I breathe out. "I need you to- to- to bolt me."

"What?" Henry asks.

"I don't know how to do that without ru-" Barry pauses mid-sentence and gets up from his wheelchair walking over to me. "Give me your hand," He says as I pick up my heavy hand and drop it on his.

He forces his lightning to run through his eyes and then wills it to travel through him and into me. I freeze in my place, groaning as I'm suddenly upright. My wings suddenly appear, flames burning in my wide eyes. I pull my hand away from Barry's and fall back on the stretcher, my wings gone and my powers back into control.

I pant in exhaustion, trying to get my powers under control. Barry sits next to me, hugging me. I hug him tightly, whimpering in pain, clutching to him. "You're fine. You're okay," Barry says, stroking my hair. Tears fill my eyes and I try to speak, but it comes out incoherent. I bury my head in his chest. "Hey, I'm here. You're gonna be okay."

"What's going on?" Henry asks from beside us.

"It's a... very, long story."

🔥⚡️

"Thank you," Harry says as Cait patches him up. It had been a while since I had lost control and in that time, the rest of the team had come back. Me and Barry had decided to tell them after they were all dealt with.

"Thank you for rescuing me," Caitlin replies.

"Well, we're a team, right?" Harry asks as I smile.

"I'm impressed," Barry says. "I think we all are."

"Yeah, well, we need to do something about Grodd," Joe says.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like get rid of him for good," Joe says.

"You want to kill him?" Cait asks.

"Considering how many people he's killed, yeah," Joe says.

"This isn't Grodd's fault," Cait says. "He's only like this because Wells made him this way."

"Yes, but, Cait, he kidnapped you and you could have died," Barry says.

"You didn't see what I saw," Caitlin says. "Grodd's getting smarter. He's lonely and sad. He wan more apes like him."

"What are you saying?" Cisco asks. "He wants kids? 'Cause I'm pretty sure one telepathic Grape Ape is more than enough for this city."

"I know somewhere we could send him," Harry says.

"What are you talking about?" Barry asks.

"When the singularity exploded and I discovered the breach in S.T.A.R. Labs, I ran similar tests and discovered the same thing, 51 additional breaches," Harry explains. "The difference being the breaches in Central City are scattered all throughout the city whereas counterparts in my world most definitely are not."

"And you know where they lead?" I ask.

"Well, I was in the process of figuring all that out when Dr. Snow so gallantly convinced me to stay, but if I am correct, this breach is gonna get Grodd as close to home as he's ever likely to get," Harry explains.

"Okay, even if you're right, how do we bait Grodd to go through it?" Joe asks.

"My son'll do it," Henry says. "Won't you, Flash."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 5.2K 85
There was a crime scene for a murder so CSI Barry Allen hurries there but of course being 10 minutes late. At CatCo, Snapper gave one of his reporte...
240K 5.4K 69
Book (1) Ella Peters is just a regular girl. She has always dreamed of becoming a reporter. When she was a kid, she was best friends with Barry Allen...
295K 7.8K 94
"I left Starling to stop being a vigilante." "Then don't be a vigilante, be a hero." Olivia Theresa Wells. Former member of the League of Assassins...
85.9K 2.4K 85
After helping Supergirl defeat Non and Mydrid, Barry finds out a troubling secret back in Central City. There's meta humans running around causing tr...