Had to be Dyson

By writerbug44

"It had to be Dyson who was working the late shift at the Subway in the mall's food court with me during the... More

Chapter- 1
Chapter- 2
Chapter- 3
Chapter- 4
Chapter- 5
Chapter- 6
Chapter- 7
Chapter- 8
Chapter- 9
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
Chapter- 16
Chapter- 18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter- 21
Chapter- 22
Chapter- 23
Chapter- 24
Chapter- 25
Chapter- 26

Chapter- 17

96.6K 4K 544
By writerbug44

Gosh, I’m such an idiot!

I totally and completely overreacted and now he’s probably mad at me. Way to go, Tyler. I thought sarcastically as I angrily strummed against the poor, helpless guitar.

So what if he doesn’t want to tell me something, that’s not my decision. It’s his. He’s probably just not ready to tell me whatever he was talking about and it isn’t that big of a deal. Sure, my curiosity was eating at my insides, but that’s not important. I just messed us up… big time. And that was important.

So he has secrets… or a secret… or just something he doesn’t want to talk about. So what? I have secrets and things I don’t want to talk about, too.

After about two hours after I stormed away from him, I had come to this conclusion as I strummed away at a more expensive guitar so it could stand up to my angry abuse. It only took me about the first twenty minutes of those two hours to realize that I was being stupid and overreacting. Meaning I’ve been sitting in the music room for an hour and forty minutes just beating myself up about what happened and replaying it in my mind.

I keep trying to talk myself into going to find Dyson and to make this okay, but I just can’t get my feet to move myself through the mall to wherever Dyson was hiding. I wasn’t that brave. I couldn’t do it.

At the three hour mark, the pain in my stomach was becoming overwhelming as the pain of guilt and hunger were swirling together in one big knot. I sat down the guitar and decided that I should probably go eat, and hopefully I won’t run into Dyson.

The only place that I knew the food wouldn’t be poisoned with mold Lord knows how old, was Panera which was pretty close to the music store so I slowly and cautiously made my way down the frozen hallway towards the small restaurant. My soft slippers padded down the eerily silent mall when I finally spotted the warm browns that the decorators drenched the Panera Bread in. When I stepped inside of the place, I was relieved to see that I was alone and Dyson was nowhere in sight. I was surprised, however, to feel a little bit of disappointment at him not being here because for the past few hours, I have been the loneliest I have felt in a long time. I just wanted to feel the warmth of his arms around me once again. I would have apologized right on the spot if he was in that restaurant because I just desperately wanted to hear his voice. Of course, I have way too much pride and dignity to ever admit that. Ever. But I could admit it to myself at least.

I found another baguette and sliced up half of it before placing it on the plate that we used earlier and then I sat at the table that we had sat at earlier.

I felt a frozen tear fall down my face at the memory of this morning of us laughing and having a good time in here and then what we did on this table. Unable to handle the memories of just a few hours ago, I grabbed the plate and moved to another small table across the small room.

I slowly ate the cold, nearly stale bread, trying to keep my mind off of you know who but it failed miserably because every time I tried to think of something else, he would somehow pop up in my thoughts and it was aggravating. Nothing I could think of could take my mind off of you know who or the fight we had this morning. And the more I thought about it, the worse I felt about everything. Gosh, it felt like we’d been in a fight for weeks, I’d felt so bad about it. Empty, guilty, and alone. I don’t know how people did this all the time and it’s only been a few hours!

By the time that I finished my stiff bread slices, I’d had enough of it. I nearly threw my plate into the deserted sink and stomped into the numbing cold of the unforgiving mall. I was very determined to find you know who because this time, it was my turn to apologize first. I couldn’t take this whole alone thing anymore and I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight without making this alright.

The first place I decided to look was Macy’s, of course. I got there and let out a disappointed huff when Dyson was nowhere to be seen. I could have used the walky talkie to find out where he was, but I didn’t want him to be able to escape me just in case he was that mad at me. I snaked through the Macy’s like a maze, covering the bathrooms, recliners, couches, bedding, and clothing. I tried the toy store, the video game store, the sex store, and even the music store before circling back around to the Panera Bread. No Dyson.

Finally fed up with playing hide and seek, I pulled out my small walky talkie and reluctantly pushed the rubber button. “Um, D-Dyson?” I squeaked, trying to control my shivers from the nipping cold.

When there was no answer, I sighed and pushed the button down again.

“Look, Dyson, I just want to talk. Um, please?”

Still a prolonged silence and nothing from the other end.

“C’mon Dyson, where are you?” I asked, growing impatient from the cold and from just standing outside of the Panera Bread with nothing to do except wait for his response. When he didn’t answer again, I accepted defeat and let out an annoyed huff of air before nearly stomping my way towards Macy’s so I could at least cry in warmth.

I wasn’t mad at him for not responding, I probably wouldn’t either, but I was just aggravated at myself for upsetting him over nothing. It was nothing but I made it a huge deal and now he’s not talking to me. Just fantastic. Frikkin’ great.

I wiped a few tears away from my face with the sleeve of my hoodie and continued walking down the hallway towards the Macy’s, desperate for a Pillow Pet to cry with.

As I padded along the hallway, though, I noticed it getting colder and colder, which I didn’t even think was possible. I wrapped my arms tightly around myself trying to keep myself as warm as possible but nothing worked and my teeth started chattering loudly, nearly rattling my brain. I was shocked when my breath became visible in the freezing air and turned into smoky clouds. My whole body was trembling with shivers in an attempt to keep my body warm as I continued walking deeper and deeper into the freezing cold.

Just a little bit longer and I’ll be in the safety of my blankets. I assured myself, losing all feeling in my fingers, toes, and face.

I thought I was imagining it when my hair starting moving around my face like there was a breeze. How is there a breeze in the stuffy, locked up mall? I continued walking, even though I had a feeling something odd was going on. I just ignored the weird feeling and continued towards the Macy’s. Just a few more turns.

When I turned the corner, though, I heard a weird noise. Like a whistling noise and papers wrinkling. I strained my ears to try and decipher the noise and hurried closer to it with both curiosity and hope that it was Dyson who was making the noise.

As I got closer to the noise, I was shocked to see a commotion from the Hallmark store. Things were flying out of the entry way like loose cards that were carelessly flailing around and then finally resting on the tile floor. I also noticed that the lonely cards were accompanied with a white cloud. My eyes widened when I realized that the white cloud was a mess of fluffy snow. I tried to think of any windows or something that were in the Hallmark store that could have let in the intruding snow. I’m pretty sure that there was indeed a small window on the side of the store to display seasonal things, depending on the month. I quickly put two and two together to realize that the window had burst and the snow was filling in the poor, unsuspecting store as I speak.. or think. But mostly panic.

No no no, it’s not supposed to snow in the mall. That’s definitely not supposed to happen.

I hurriedly pulled out the walky talkie as I turned around to get farther away from the dangerous mini blizzard with Dyson’s words fresh in my mind from a few days ago. ‘No way, what if it’s a blasted window or something? You’ll get sucked out of the building with the wind out there.’

I was about to push the small button to call for Dyson when he beat me to it and the walky talkie shook with static before his voice came through the small speakers. I couldn’t understand anything that he was saying though. It just sounded like pained groans, like… something was definitely wrong. And again, I was able to put two and two together to realize that it couldn’t be a coincidence.

“Oh god no.” I whispered to myself, dropping the walky talkie and sprinting towards the Hallmark store, hoping that Dyson didn’t get sucked into the unforgiving storm outside.

When I got to the room I gasped at the sight. It looked like a tornado was raging through the poor little store. Cards were flying around the air in every direction and things on the shelves were shaking around, trying to get free from their hooks. The novelties like snow globes and ceramic figures and ornaments were rattling on their metal shelves, some even falling to the floor and shattering to pieces. Where the window was, the snow was starting to blanket the carpeted floor and create a thick layer of snow in the air, nearly blinding me.

But none of this mattered because the thing that caught all of my attention was Dyson’s limp body lying in a pool of bloody snow.

_______________________________________

I know it's short and a bit of a cliff hanger, but I had to stop there... sorry (kinda...)

*So the last chapter got 21 votes, which is crazy! Well, it is for me. SO, if I get 20 votes on this chapter, I'll update early <3

The lovely cover over to the side is by LuvtasticFifi. Thanks!

Okay, I think that's it... So I'll see you on Sunday (Or sooner) :D

Vote- Comment- Fan <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 57.9K 29
Nora Walters has always been in love with her best friend's brother, Asher. Asher is a bad boy player, who is constantly going through girls like the...
83.3K 2.4K 57
-Sequel to The Quarterback Likes Me?- Must read The Quarterback Likes Me? before reading this book. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ______________ Van...
618K 14.4K 29
I'm Bella Brookes, your ordinary nerdy girl, who got bullied in school, who got called names, who cried all thanks to the bad boy. Until a day, when...
509K 10.5K 59
~~ DISCLAIMER ~~ I DO NOT OWN THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, ALL COPYRIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP GOES TO THE CW, JULIE PLEK, KEVIN WILLIAMSON AND LJ SMITH I ONLY OWN...