Marriage for Riches or Love...

By SummerCheng37

If you are reading this on any other platform other than Wattpad (or other platforms you're on) you are very... More

Prologue: Adrien and Lila
Chapter 1: The Bomb Shell?
Chapter 2 Meet Your Fiance?
Chapter 3 The Bride's Mother?
Chapter 4 Adrien and Marinette's Date?
Chapter 5 The Deal is Done?
Chapter 7 Promise Broken?
Chapter 8 Lila's Betrayal?
Chapter 9 Marinette Returns?
Chapter 10 Adrien: What is Happening to Me?
Chapter 11 Nothing is Wrong, He is Just Fine!
Chapter 12 Marinette and Adrien's Surprise?
Chapter 13 Mailbox Horrors?
Chapter 14 Bruises, Cuts, and More?
Chapter 15 Marriage for Keeps?
Chapter 16 All He Needs is some Tender Love and Care
Chapter 17 Louis Request
Chapter 18 New Little Buddle of Joy
Chapter 19 Life with Emma Joy Agreste

Chapter 6 Marinette Confesses to Adrien?

169 2 0
By SummerCheng37

        Marinette sighs as her husband rest.  Then, she takes off her shoes and places them beside the bed.  She might as well.  She opens her suitcase, and grabs a few items up from it.  She carries them with her to the bathroom. She feels nervous, but has no idea why.

      Once, inside Marinette removes her slip, and slowly takes the dress off.  She places it on the counter.  She locks the door.  She puts on the other clothes.  She smiles as she removes the veil and puts it to the side.  She takes her hair down.  She brushes it.  She opens the door to see Adrien is still asleep.  She wishes he were awake, so she could talk to him.  

     Marinette does not say a word.  She just turns on the television.  She watches a romance film as it begins.  She thinks, wow this is great!  She lays down next to her man, and wraps an arm around him.  She notices he does not move.  She continues to watch the movie until she falls asleep. 

    Adrien wakes up early.  He looks at the beside clock.  It is only 2 am.  Ugh, why is he wide awake at such an hour?  He gets up.  He turns the tv off.  He reaches over and turns off the lamp.  He does not even notice his wife is asleep.  He lays back down with his back towards the woman beside him. He nods off again a few minutes later.  He is one worn out man with a lot on his mind.  

     Marinette opens her eyes around six the next day.  She smiles. She is happy to have have slept with her hubby.  At least he let me sleep in the same bed as him. She smiles at the thought even though she feels a hint of sadness.  It is not like he has shown her any affection since the wedding.  She is unsure what to make of it.  

    Adrien gets up at seven that morning.  He gets dressed without a second thought about where he is and who else is even there.   He hears a sound behind him and turns around.  He gasps when he realizes that she sees him!   He runs into the bathroom and slams the door.

    Marinette giggles. She thinks the situation to be funny.  Her husband put on his socks and shirt without a glance her way.  Haha!  The very idea was hilarious!  Why he should have seen how red his face was when he figures out he does not have on his pants yet!  She adores him.  She thinks he looks so cute even in his t-shirt, socks, and boxers.   She smirks.

  Adrien comes out and sees her smile.  He gives her a look of annoyance. He scowls even. 

    "It is not funny!"  Adrien says.

     "Adrien, why are you so angry?"  Marinette ask.

     Adrien does not answer, he just stands so close she feels uncomfortable as she backs away towards the wall.  Marinette closes her eyes. She thinks, this is it.  He is gonna hit me!  I should have known he would abuse me.  She keeps this way for awhile.  

    Adrien  sees how afraid she is and feels horrible.  Why this only makes things worse. He reaches out and gently holds her in his arms.  He has no idea why.  He just feels the need to calm her down for the moment.  As he gently holds her he looks closely at her and blushes.  

   Marinette feels him touch her. She dares not open her eyes.  She still fears he will strike her at any moment. The memories of her father's  horrid treatment of her mother in the past still in her mind, she thinks, please just get it over with.  Just hit me already!  She feels tears form in her eyes.  She dares not open them though.  She can not believe how angry he was over a simple laugh. 

  Adrien does let go of her.  He can feel her tremble as he holds her. He can not believe it.  He wonders, what sort of horrors she must have gone through in her past to render such a response as this.  He is not the sort to abuse a woman.  He smirks at her and softly whispers, "Marinette, I will not hurt you. I promise."   Already he feels the guilt rush in as he realizes the truth will be her worse hurt yet. 

  Marinette slowly opens one eye. Then the other and looks up at him.  She sees his arms around her and sighs. She thinks, wait, why did he not hit me?  She feels herself continue to shake though he has done her no harm.  No physical harm that is at least not yet anyway. 

   "A-Adrien, I am s-sorry, I l-laughed.  Y-you just l-looked so c-cute that is all."  Marinette says shyly.  She feels awkward as she does know what to make of it all.

   "Marinette, it is okay. I never should have yelled at you like this." Adrien says in a less scary tone of voice.  He continues to hold her, but does not seem to notice.

    Marinette nods her head. She realizes he still holds her. She wiggles away from his grasp.  She feels tears come down her face. She can tell he cares some for her even if only a little.  

    "Adrien, I-I..."Marinette says. She looks up at the ceiling as she speaks.

    "Mari, what is it?" Adrien ask.

    " Will you k-kiss me?"  Marinette says. She can feel her cheeks burn at the request.

    Adrien does not say a word.  He just walks over to her and kisses her cheek. 

   "Oh, Adrien!"  Marinette says and cries even more now. She can not seem to stop.

   "Marinette, who did this to you?  Who makes you feel afraid of me?  Answer, please!"  Adrien says.

    "M-my f-father, he used to abuse my m-mother and m-me."  Marinette says.

    "Marinette, I am sorry. I did not know."  Adrien says.

    "It is okay, it is not your fault." Marinette says.

    Adrien orders room service. He decides it is for the best as Marinette is no postion to head out right now.  A few minutes later a man knocks on the door.  Adrien checks to see who it is and recognizes the man as the food person.  He unlocks and opens the door.

       Marinette hides behind him as the man enters the room.  The man sets down a try and leaves.  Adrien goes over to the door, closes it and locks it back.  He looks at her in wonder.

      "Here, you should eat something."  Adrien says.

     "Yes, I suppose so." Marinette says. She eats a few crackers, some cheese, and a small donut.

     Adrien eats some of the veggies, and offers some to her.  Marinette shakes her head.  Adrien shrugs his shoulders. 

      "Mind telling me why you hid from that guy earlier?"  Adrien ask.

     "I was afraid of him." Marinette says.

    "Why?"  Adrien ask.

  "He is a stranger, and he looked scary."  Marinette says.

    "Oh, I see. Look, I promise I will let anyone harm you.  You are my wife, and I must let anyone hurt you."  Adrien says.

    Marinette looks at him sadly. She sighs.  This is way harder than I thought.  How can tell him how I feel?

     "Adrien, I  love you!"  Marinette confesses as she reaches out and holds one of his hands in her own.

    Adrien pulls his hand away.  

  "Marinette, I am sorry, but I do not love you!"  Adrien says.

  "No one ever loves me. Only my mother, but she is dead."  Marinette says while her eyes feel up with tears once more.

   Marinette  sits in the chair.  The rest of the day she refuses to move from the chair, look his way or talk to him.  It  is all his fault for his hatred towards her.

    Marinette's  POV:  I thought for once, he might love me!  How could I have been so wrong?  Why did he hold me close and speak so kindly to me?  Why did he order room service?  Why did he promise to keep me safe, when he does not return my love?  What kind of man have I married? 

    Marinette's  POV:   I sit in the chair in shame.  I never should have told him.  It only makes my love for him a huge ache in my soul.  He does not love me.  He wants nothing to do with me.   I do not understand.   I cry and refuse to speak, to move, etc.  I can not.  I rather die than to spend time with this horrid man who rejects his own wife. 

    Adrien's POV:  I look at her  in shock.  I did not realize she felt this way.  I am fool to have thought this could ever work.  I am such a loser.   My wife confesses her love for me, and I still can not return it.  I feel horrible about it, but my love for my former girlfriend has not gone away.  It is not like I can make myself love her.  

Adrien's  POV:   Still, why does she remain in that silly chair?  The chair is not that comfortable.  It is hard as ever.   Why she will ruin her back.  She sure is a strange one.  I should not have let my father talk me into this arrangement.  It is all wrong.  She is fragile one and needs love.  Love,I can never give her!  I look around in shame at the the awful thought that I have hurt her despite my very promise not too.  I might not have physically wounded her, but I did emotionally.  

  to be continued in Chapter  7   Promise Broken?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 100 28
If you are reading this on any other platform other than Wattpad (or other platforms you're on) you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack...
1.7K 96 69
If you are reading this on any other platform other than Wattpad (or other platforms you're on) you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack...
2.3K 68 52
If you are reading this on any other platform other than Wattpad (or other platforms you're on) you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack...
600K 15.2K 52
[DISCLAIMER: THIS BOOK IS A STAND ALONE! IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO RELATION TO MY OTHER BOOK "JUST AS WE WERE MARRIED] ****** I hate you!" I whisper-shout...