roses are red

By EllaShaw_2642

Violet and Rose have been inseparable siblings for 18 years. When Rose graduates from school and takes off fo... More

Prologue ~ 1 year before...
Chapter 1 ~ A New Life
Chapter 2 ~ Catching up
Chapter 4 ~ The police investigation
Chapter 5 ~ The search begins
Chapter 6 ~ Another missing person
Chapter 7 ~ Allison Hunt
Chapter 8 ~ What (really) happened
Chapter 9 ~ The First Stop
Chapter 10 ~ The Boyfriend
Chapter 11 ~ Back to normal
Chapter 12 ~ Some more snooping around
Chapter 13 ~ The Escape
Chapter 14 ~ Maybe another lead
Chapter 15 ~ Those same woods
Chapter 16 ~ Rose Petals
Chapter 17 ~ The hotels
Chapter 18 ~ A bad day off
Chapter 19 ~ Another case
Chapter 20 ~ Even the most random things can make sense
Chapter 21 ~ One more try
Chapter 22 ~ The whole truth
Chapter 23 ~ The final confrontation
Chapter 24 ~ Moving on
Epilogue

Chapter 3 ~ Roses are red so violets feel blue

75 8 5
By EllaShaw_2642

I felt so stupid. Of course she didnt want to see me. She probably didn't even forget to come and see me. She just didn't want to. I headed home to clear my head.

I didn't notice the missing posters on my way to work. For once I didn't recognise the red hair and green eyes that had haunted my life. It was only when Daisy told me that it was Rose in the missing posters that I finally snapped.
"I don't care about her." I said. "She probably just left and forgot to mention she was leaving."
Daisy shrugged and left me to my thoughts.

And that's when I saw it.

An arm was hanging out of the A-C bookcase.

I frowned and went to investigate.

But I regretted it. I wished I hadn't been the one to discover my sister's body.

I wasn't sure what else to do so I just screamed. Daisy came running through and gasped when she saw Rose. But then I realised something else was wrong. The arm hanging out of the bookcase was Rose's left arm. When Rose was younger, she once fell out of a tree, trying to receive a kite which had been ensnared by this tree. She now had a long scar running up her left arm. But this Rose didn't have a scar. Instead, she had a birthmark I'd never seen before.

This wasn't my sister. This was an imposter. That meant Rose was still out there. And I had to find her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Half a Twin By Quinn

Mystery / Thriller

6.1K 508 23
"I remember the day, the smile, the blood, the death, I remember the sorrow, the tears, the pain, the lies. But mostly I remember her, the way she lo...
Killer Instinct By Katherine

Mystery / Thriller

44.6K 3.4K 43
Three months ago, four kids were run off the road by a drunk driver and pronounced dead at the scene, leaving their families to grieve and wonder why...
1.3M 50.4K 46
She doesn't know his name. She doesn't know where he comes from. She doesn't know anything about him. But she knows she will always find him on her c...
UNEXPECTED By Nisha Rinitta

Mystery / Thriller

1.4K 375 29
Rose is a college student whose life is really happy with her friends and her true love. everything is normal until one day when a series of unexpect...