Don't Give Up

By RiceLover

"I'm pregnant." and "I never cared." are two deadly sentences that Aerial Mason never wants anyone to say to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Information

Chapter 16

129K 4.6K 1.4K
By RiceLover

Before anything, can everyone check out my new story that I have up? It's called Ten Reasons Not to Die! It's something new that I'm starting, and I'd love to hear your opinions. :) Thanks!

Chapter 16

                I was never the most patient person in the world. I never liked waiting for stuff to be finished, like waiting in line at the grocery store, or waiting for a test result. I also hate sitting in waiting rooms at the hospital, especially when I wasn’t even waiting for my own appointment. 

                Clarice asked me to come along for her first prenatal appointment at the hospital today. Normally, I didn’t like spending my Thursday afternoons waiting in the hospital, but she begged me to come along with her. When I asked why she didn’t ask her parents to come, she told me how they still weren’t supportive of her baby.

                The door that Clarice went into an hour ago finally opened up, as the doctor escorted Clarice out. “All you have to do now is go to the receptionist to book your next appointment.” Doctor Madison told Clarice, giving her a smile.

                “Thanks.” Clarice nodded, quickly walking over to the reception desk to make an appointment for the next month.

                When she was finished, she came over to me. She gestured for me to get up, as I followed her to take the elevator down to the parking area.

                “The doctor told me everything was alright, so far.” Clarice said, as the elevator went down.

                I nodded, staring down at my shoes, as the elevator doors opened. The two of us stepped out, as another couple with a stroller entered in after us.

                “I asked her when the morning sickness will end.” She unlocked her, as the two of us got inside. “She told me most morning sickness’ end between ten to fifteen weeks.”

                I sighed, staring out the window. Clarice began to drive out of the hospital, as I rested my head against the glass window. “Great.” I mumbled.

                Clarice stared at me curiously from the corner of her eyes. She could tell there was something up, and she wouldn’t back off until she got her answer. “What’s up with you today, Aerial?” she paused, giving me a stern look. “And, don’t you dare lie to me.”

                I licked my lips, crossing my arms stubbornly. “Nothing’s wrong.”

                Clarice stared at my cheek as we came to a red light, frowning. “What happened to your cheek? That scratch wasn’t there when I saw you yesterday.”

                I groaned, throwing my head back against the cushion. “I got slapped, okay? I got slapped, Clarice.”

                Clarice choked, as her car swiveled, making the car behind us honked its horn. Clarice pulled over to the side of the road, staring over at me with disbelief. “Who slapped you?” she cried.

                I let out a deep breath of air, closing my eyes. “It was just Alex’s psycho ex-girlfriend.” I murmured.

                Clarice’s mouth dropped. “That bitch!” she hissed under her breath. “Okay, now she’s going to have to deal with a pregnant woman!”

                I let out a low laugh, shaking my head. “Don’t worry about it, Clarice.”

                Clarice raised her eyebrow, shaking her head. “You’re kidding.” She snapped. “Don’t worry about it? She slapped my best friend!”

                My heart skipped a beat, as I did a double take to her.

                Best friend?

                I licked my dry lips, staring at her with a blank face.

                Did she just call the two of us best friends?

                Clarice stared at me awkwardly, clearing her throat. “Sorry, I-“

                I cut her off, giving her a small smile. I was helping her through her pregnancy, and we’ve grown closer because of it. We reconnected, and I did consider her pretty close to me now. Maybe it was time I moved on. Maybe it was time I let go of that grudge I was holding against her. She was human, after all.

                “No.” I smiled. “Best friends. We’re best friends.”

                A grin spread its way across Clarice’s face, as she leapt in her seat. She held my arm, eyes glistening with so much happiness. This was the most happy I’ve seen her since she found out she was knocked up. And, I was pretty damn proud that I was the reason of it.

                “Now,” Clarice said, staring up her car again, “I think we should go celebrate with a Big Mac.”

                I frowned, staring at her with eyebrows rose. “Big Macs? Clarice you’re pregnant. That stuff has no nutritional value.”

                Clarice scoffed, rolling her eyes. “Since when have I ever followed the rules, Aerial?”

                I smiled at the thought of her always being the rebellious one out of the two of us. In junior high, Clarice was the one who always got the both of us in trouble. She was always the one who didn’t do her homework, talked back to teachers, and punch anyone who was mean to me.

                “Fine.” I smiled, giving her a warningly look. “Just this once.”

                We got our Big Macs to go, and decided to eat them while we drove to the mall. “We need outfits for Aubrey’s party tomorrow night.” Clarice told me, as she munched away on her burger, which she bought three of. Being pregnant really boosted up her appetite. The cashier at McDonald’s even gave her a strange look when she made the order.

                “We’re going to look gorgeous in our dresses.” Clarice mumbled, while the burger was still in her mouth.

                I choked on my burger, shaking my head at the blonde. “No way. You aren’t putting me in a dress.”

                Clarice gave me a puppy dog look. “Why not? All the girls are wearing dresses.”

                I rolled my eyes, throwing away my wrapper. “I haven’t worn a dress since eight grade graduation, and I don’t plan on wearing one any soon.” I paused. “Why can’t I just wear pants with a nice shirt?”

                Clarice glared at me, shaking her head. “No. If you’re coming to that party, you’re wearing a dress.”

                “But I don’t even want to-“

                “You better go. I’ll make sure of it.” Clarice gave me a stern look, indicating that she was dead serious.

*

                I tried my best to ignore Alex, Damian, Hayden and anyone who was at Damian’s house the other night the next morning at school. I could tell that they were trying to talk to me, but every time I saw them come close to me, I weaved my way around them, or turned the other hallway.

                I knew I was wrong for ignoring them all as a whole, but I was just too embarrassed to face them. I knew Natalia had said something bad about me to everyone, and I knew that they would all believe her lies.

                “Aerial.” Hayden’s voice echoed through my ears from behind.

                I picked up my pace faster. Just a few more steps and I can disappear through the other hallway.

                “Aerial, stop avoiding me!” Hayden snapped, pulling my shoulder back. He whirled me around, as I came face to face with him.

                “I have to go study.” I mumbled, not looking him in the eye.

                Hayden sighed. “But, it’s lunch time.”

                “And, I have a test the period after lunch.” It wasn’t necessarily a lie. I did actually have a Spanish test after lunch, but, I studied the night before. I knew everything on there was to know, but I needed a good excuse right now.

                Hayden crossed his arms, giving me an impatient look. “Fine. You can ignore everyone else, but not me.”

                I scoffed, trying to pretend like I had no idea what he was rumbling on about. “I’m not ignoring any of you.” I said, my voice higher than I wanted it to be.

                Hayden rolled his eyes, and sarcastically remarked, “Yeah, and Alex isn’t completely drooling over you.”

                My eyes widened, as I blushed. Way to make me look like an idiot, Hayden. Congratulations. “Shut up.”

                Hayden shrugged. “Okay, fine. But seriously, we need to talk.”

                I crossed my arms, giving him a fake smile. “Yes, sir?”

                “I need to know why you did it.” Hayden said seriously, giving me a worried look.

                I frowned, genuinely confused this time. “What are you talking about?”

                Hayden licked his lips, leaning closer to me. “Why did you snort the coke?” he said in a hushed voice, so that no one could hear us, even though we were in an empty hall.

                My jaw dropped, as I pushed him away. Those lies Natalia’s been feeding everyone are ridiculous. She knew I didn’t do anything, and all that cocaine on Damian’s floor was proof.

                “I didn’t!” I snapped, feeling my blood boiling in my veins.

                Hayden stared at me, trying to read my face to see if I was lying or not. Didn’t he know I was smart enough to not do it? Was his lack of faith in me really that low that he believed something that came out of Natalia’s mouth?

                “But, Natalia said-“

                I cut him off, glaring at him. “Natalia said this, Natalia said that!” I shouted. “Who cares what she said?!”

                Hayden stared at me with guilt in his eyes, as he shuffled his feet uncomfortably.

                “You actually believed some lie about me that came from Natalia.” I said in a low voice, feeling betrayed. “How could you?”

                Hayden shook his head. “No, no. I believe you now, Aerial.”

                I clenched my fists, backing away from Hayden. “I don’t give a shit.”

                I began to run away down the hall, towards the girl’s bathroom.  I could hear Hayden’s voice calling after me, telling me to stop. But, I didn’t.

                Everyone was turning against me.

*

                “Cheer up, Aerial.” Clarice smiled, applying some a rosy pink lipstick onto my lips. “You look gorgeous.”

                Clarice finished up doing my makeup, as she spun me around, so that I was facing the mirror on her vanity. My jaw almost dropped at the girl that was in my reflection. I was wearing a short mint green dress that was tightened at the waist, but flowed down freely to just above the knees. Clarice had curled my brown hair into loose ringlets, and done my makeup naturally, which gave me a soft aura.

                “I must say, I’m proud of my work.” Clarice clapped her hands together, biting her lips from beaming.

                I let out a breath of air, smiling with disbelief. “Oh my God, Clarice.” I mumbled, touching the ends of my curls. “It’s me.”

                Clarice gave me a teasing smile. “I knew there was an inner girl inside of you.”

                My head suddenly snapped towards her, as I give her a playful glare. I punched her shoulder gently, as she chuckled. “Alright, let’s get started with you now.” I muttered, holding up a straightened.

                Clarice’s eyes widened at the weapon in my hands, as she shook her head rapidly. “No, no!” she shouted, taking it out of my hands. “You’ll end up burning me with that.”

                I pretended to look offended, as I crossed my arms. “Hey!”

                Clarice bit back a laugh. “I’ve got everything covered for myself.” She paused, plugging the straightened in an electrical outlet. “Just go sit and look pretty.”

                Two hours later, we pulled up to Aubrey’s house. There were several of cars jam packed in her driveway, and Clarice had to make sure she didn’t scrape anyone’s car when she parked into the tiny spot.

                We walked up to Aubrey’s door, which was a French paneled door with glass windows. We rang the doorbell, and as soon as our fingers touched the bell, the door swung open. Aubrey was revealed, wearing a lilac purple dress, with crystals decorating the entire bust area. Her fiery red hair was pinned up with tight curls falling out, as she gave the two of us a smile. “You guys are late.” She snickered. “But, I’m glad you guys made it here.”

                Clarice gave her a tight smile, and I caught Aubrey’s eyes staring at the both of our dresses with envy. “Happy birthday, Aubs.”

                Aubrey twisted her lips, letting the two of us inside. “You can put my present on the table right there.” She pointed to the table over at the right corner that was piling up with colorful wrapped presents.

                “Will do.” Clarice gave her a smile, making Aubrey fume with anger.

                We walked towards the table of presents, setting ours down on the side. We both pitched in and got Aubrey a purse from her favorite boutique, according to Clarice.

                “Did you see the way she looked at you?” Clarice asked me, walking over to a waiter, who was handing out little cupcakes. She took a cupcake off the tray, giving a small smile to the waiter. “She was totally jealous of how good you look.”

                I blushed, shaking my head. “It’s funny, because I thought she was looking at you.”

                Clarice rolled her eyes, giving me a little punch. “Okay, fine. She was looking at the both of us.” She paused, staring at someone who was in the distance. “But, I know that Alex has all eyes on you.”

                I frowned, turning around. Standing at the top of the staircases with a group of people was Alex, who was wearing a black dress shirt, with a pair of dark jeans. His eye caught mine, as he quickly looked away, laughing at a joke Hayden said.

                I licked my lips, turning back to Clarice. “Whatever.” Smiling weakly. “I heard a few girls talking about a chocolate fondue fountain. Let’s go find it.”

                Clarice raised an eyebrow, but laughed when I pulled her arm. We weaved our way through dancing girls wearing pastel dresses, and guys wearing tucked in shirts with dress pants. As we were trying to push our way out of the crowd, I found Clarice suddenly being pulled away from me.

                I frowned, turning around. I stared up at Daniel’s six foot figure, latching his hands around Clarice’s arms protectively. He hovered over her, leaning closely to her face with anger in his eyes. “What are you wearing?” he hissed at the blonde, staring down at her mini pink dress that hugged all her curves.

                Clarice stared at Daniel with disgust, pushing him away from her. “Get off of me, Daniel.” She scrunched her face, fanning her nose. “Are you drunk?”

                “No!” Daniel shouted, causing everyone around us to stop dancing. The music cut off, as I watched Aubrey try to find out what the chaos was going on about. “You’re leaving with me.”

                Clarice struggled to get her wrists free from Daniel’s strong grip. “You’re hurting me.” She cried.

                I watched as Daniel’s nails dug into Clarice’s soft skin, making her wince.

                I couldn’t watch any further as my best friend got physically hurt by her douche bag of an ex-boyfriend. “Get off her.” I hissed, ripping his large hands away from Clarice’s wrists.

                Daniel’s eyes suddenly snapped towards me, his bloodshot eyes glaring at me with fury. “Who do you think you are, bitch?” he shouted, pushing my back.

                I staggered, finding myself unable to keep balance. I fell over, landing straight on my bottom, as I heard a crowd gasp.

                “Aerial!” Clarice cried, as Daniel hovered over me.

                “I’m not afraid to hit a girl.” Daniel grinned deviously. “I hope you know that for your own sake, Mason.” He pulled my brown hair up, raising my face towards his. “People like you need to know your place in this world.”

                I watched as he raised a fist, getting ready to throw it at me. I heard Clarice scream, trying to get someone to help us.

                I closed my eyes, getting ready for the immense pain, but the fists never came in contact to me. When I opened my eyes, Clarice was helping me up.

                I watched as Daniel got tackled to the floor by Alex.

                Alex’s eyes were dark with hatred, as he threw punch after punch. He knocked his fist against Daniel’s nose, creating a sickening crack that echoed through the room.

                I watched the chaos go on right in front of my eyes, as Aubrey came rummaging through the crowd towards the fight with a group of jocks from the football team.

                “Get them off each other!” she shrieked, as I watched a jock rip Alex off of Daniel uneasily. “They’re going to get blood on my carpet!”

                Alex shrugged the jock off, as he glared at him. “Don’t touch me.” He growled dangerously.

                Daniel was lying with his back down on the floor, as blood spewed out from his nose. “You’re dead, Montgomery.” He spoke weakly to Alex.

                Alex paid no attention to him, as his eyes met mine for the first time. I didn’t look away like I usually would’ve. Instead, I kept close contact with him, reading all of the angry emotions that were running across his eyes. There was anger, hatred, frustration.

                “All of you!” Aubrey cried, tears streaming down her cheeks. “Get out!”

                And with that call, everyone scrammed.

                Clarice held my arm carefully, as she helped me outside. “Oh my God, are you okay?” she asked worriedly.

                I turned back to see if I could catch a glimpse of Alex, but he was gone.

                “I’m fine.” I whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 115 29
it's SKYLOX! but all in seriousness this is the actual description. Adam and Ty meet in school...Ty and Adam realize they are love but when Ty goes i...
3.7K 110 18
**𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄!** Grayson has kept his feelings for his best friend's little sister buried for as long as he could remember. She was off-limits f...
13.5K 192 25
Diego: What the fuck Hayden you got y/n pregnant bro that's my little sister now. Hayden: what?! y/n: LITTLE SISTER NOW?! you aren't my brother!
Candid By Sammi🌻

Teen Fiction

646K 27.7K 62
We've always been told to think before we speak, so as not to offend anyone. Maddie Hayes is over it. No matter what is said, someone is going to get...