The King's Rejected Lady

By IceFontana18

Talia grew up without trusting anyone but herself to live. With no father figure to look up to and a clinical... More

Copyright
Author's Note
Waking Up Inside A TV Series!
Thorny Crown's Trashy Plot
Let The Game Of Chess Begin!
The Plot In My Palms
The Royal Villainess
My Chosen King
Rum Or Spinach?
Feigning Innocence Is My Cup Of Tea
The Elysian Crown
Trifecta Academy's Invitation
The Original Victoria's Sorrow
Let The Show Begin!
What Are You Afraid Of?
The Incompetent Father
Side Characters Will Rock This Series!
Trifecta Academy's Examination
Returning The Favor Tenfold
Have You Ever Thought Of The Future?
Mia's Fall
Destroying Marquis Zoliel
The Sly Second Prince
Face-slapping Sabina
To The Queen's Lair
Victoria's Birthday Banquet
The Dormitory
Severed Fates
Accidentally Seduced An Obsessive Prince?!
The Ming Country's Prince
The Changing Plot
The Original Villain
Alice & Yei Lin
Venomous Victoria
Era Of Villains
Sabina's Loving Father
Only Death Can Stop Us Now
Tori Behind Prison Cells
Fearless Victoria
The Lady In Black
War Of Evidence
Battle Of Schemes
You Remembered?
Hidden Feelings
Woven Web Of Conspiracies
The Greatest Scandal
I Am Your Hero Yet You Treat Me As The Villain
I Am Now Standing Steps Higher Than You
So Beg
I Love Being A Villainess
You Are Just A Man
Pitiful Victoria, Vengeful Tori
House Larat's Traitor
A Double-edged Alliance
Tessa's Intention
Talia's Past
The Betrayal Of Her Body
A Villainess In Heat
Breaking Marchioness Susana
Tori's Tears
The Point Of No Return
The Rogue Chieftain
The Deadly Deal With The Barbarians
Tori In The North
The She-devil In Her
Kiss Of Goodbye
Upside Down
What Are You Doing?
WEBTOON ADAPTATION POSTED!

The Smell OF The First War

1.9K 35 4
By IceFontana18

CHIEF KEIRAN TOOK THE SILENCE as a signal to start the war council as he stood up which drew everyone's attention including hers. Standing proud at the head of the table, the young chief pointed out the northern territory.

Tori did not fail to notice that instead of a map focusing on the northern region. Instead, the map focused on the entirety of the Eckrett Empire.

Oh ho, what do we have here?

"Our warriors from the southwestern area reported that the Noshin Tribe's main force marched to the south. In the northeastern area, the Teiwar also sent their main force to the south. With their recent activities, their rendezvous point is the Tekaran Tribe of the south. They will march forward with their renewed forces and attack us." Chief Keiran moved the pawns of the three tribes together and pushed them slowly towards the borders of the Arin Tribe on the map.

Tori listened but her eyes were on the Arin Tribe's territory with her finger on her chin.

No, they are too obvious. The opposing tribes should know that the Arin Tribe sent spies around their respective territories. Why are they deliberately giving their enemies a clue? Unless it is a trap.

"We will move our defenses to the center of the mountains," spoke an elder followed by s of 'ayes' from the council. Centering the defenses to meet a hoard of enemies was a basic response after receiving such information.

Is it the main goal of the opposing forces?

The elder woman from earlier spoke at her with her menacing tone, "Can we hear the opinion of our guest? I want to know how the imperialists analyze this." Her voice was laced with a mocking tone.

Tori replied with an overconfident smile that ticked off the elders.

"The Noshin Tribe is an equestrian tribe that ruled this continent once a century ago. Yet they marched to Tekaran Tribe of the south if we disregard their obvious trap, why aren't they using their strongest point to this war?"

An elder answered with a confident voice as if, her asking them, was the stupidest thing. "They know that we know their strongest point so they aimed to surprise us."

"They wanted to surprise you yet they deliberately marched to the south as if they did not know that there would be spies from you? Do you actually believe that they're that stupid or do you want to believe that they're stupid enough?"

The elders could not rebut Tori who was looking at each of them with daring red eyes without losing her sweet voice and sugary smile. "So what do you want to tell us? That they are using our spies against us?" Chief Keiran asked Tori which made her snap her attention to the young chief who was looking at her seriously.

Tori leaned to point to the harbor where they landed and traced it to the sea up to the back part of the Arin Tribe where it was just an open sea. "With the illusion of joining their forces together, your guard will focus on your vanguard to prepare for their incoming great number leaving your rear guard open for attack."

Since the Arin Tribe was surrounded by icy mountain ranges in the north of northern regions, they tend to focus on their south which was facing the other tribes. The Arin Tribe wrapped their minds in the belief that no one would be crazy enough to use warships to conquer their northern territory which was the open sea.

What they failed to realize is that their northern sea territory is their only weakness.

"If we split up our men, we will perish! You are speaking rubbish, imperialist!" The elderly woman pointed at her. Her angry silver eyes wanted to devour Tori.

"Am I? The northern region's caste system is not that different from the Eckrett Empire no matter how hard you try. Only the strongest stay on top. Things such as loyalty and filial attachments are sentiments that are called myths. You lose the moment you cling to it. You trusted the other three tribes but haven't you ever wondered if they really served you loyally or if they were only waiting for you to crumble?" Tori's gaze shifted to the young chieftain who triggered the buried rift between the northern tribes. He was looking at her with an unreadable expression.

You look so invincible, but you are slowly crumbling, right Keiran? Reach my hand and I will make you the very first northerner among my vassals as I will make a dynasty that even that wretched plot won't be able to shake.

His silver eyes stared at her ruby ones.

"How dare you compare the northern region to the Eckrett Empire!" Someone from the elders shouted at Tori and the next thing she knew, the sharp bolo of a warrior standing behind her touched her bare neck.

"Tyhen! Put that down, yeah?" Akasha's nervous voice snapped Tori from blacking out.

The cold yet familiar feeling of the blade shook her to the core, but Tori did not blink as she stared at the young chieftain. Flashes of Tori's body's memories of when her neck touched the cold blade of the guillotine overwhelmed her, but Tori refused to acknowledge them. In her mind, she kept on chanting her goal which was not to die from the original plot's flow.

Tori's smiling face never faltered as she stared at the young chieftain even if she felt that every nerve of her body screamed. "If you keep on thinking like that then you are doomed to perish. I am here because you want an advantage against your enemies. And worry not Chief Keiran. You can stop that from happening. Always remember that offense is the best defense."

"Tyhen, put down your blade." Chief Keiran commanded the warrior who held a bolo against Tori's neck. "What is your suggestion, Lady Victoria?"

Smiling wickedly at the young leader, Tori answered. "Finally, you are asking the right question."

TORI HELD the reins of the chestnut-colored mare tightly. Even with her glove-covered hand and heavily covered body with a bear's pelt, she could still feel the numbing cold of the night as she stood atop the cliff that was the border of the Arin Tribe. She could see the telltale sign of the opposing militia's camp as torches surrounded them.

Two days passed since the fated first meeting that Tori attended. After giving Chief Keiran her insights and suggestions, she felt that the young chief respected Tori after hearing what she had to say. Tori could still remember what transpired on the night of her first meeting.

FLASHBACK...

Tori was calmly sipping her favorite Chamomile Tea that Lily thoughtfully wrapped inside her pouch. She was the one that brewed them thanks to Akasha for giving her earlier a kettle and the closest thing to a teacup, a mug.

She was contemplating her next move against the House of Zoliel as she sat near the fireplace with a knitted blanket on her lap when three successive knocks disturbed her quality time.

When she opened her door, Tori was taken aback by the looming silhouette of Chief Keiran. Smiling at the straight-faced young chief, Tori curtsied. She was secretly thankful that she was wearing a well-covered nightdress.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your night visit, Your Grace?"Fixing her messy golden ringlets to the other side of her neck, Tori gave Chief Keiran an alluring smile.

"Can I come in?"

If we lived in my time as Talia, I would have expected a different outcome from your question.

Opening her door to give him access to enter her room, Tori replied. "It would be my pleasure, Your Grace."

The stiff-looking young chieftain walked briskly to the seat that Tori occupied earlier. With his back on her, Tori looked slowly towards him. "Why are you here, Chief Keiran?"

He only glanced at his back where she was standing, not fully facing her. "Your strategy. Where do you learn to make something like that? It's – "

"Barbaric? Savage" Sliding her bare hands to his well-toned bare chest, Tori waited for him to pry her hands away from him which he never did.

What a naughty boy, Chief Keiran.

"Tell me, am I not what you expect, Kei-ran?" Tori whispered his name to his left ear. She was now leaning toward him. "That strategy will bring death to your fellow northerners but is it now what you want? The moment that you usurped the throne from your father, you should have expected this, my dear young chieftain. The death of those poor souls will be on your hands, forever."

Tori could feel his frantic heartbeat beneath her hands on his chest which made her grin slyly. In the end, you are still a man.

Chief Keiran refused to hold her but he was gentleman enough not to pry her hands away from him. He just let her tease him.

"I know that, Lady Victoria. And I will forever bring their deaths as I open the northern region to the world. With that, I will need your wisdom."

"And in return?" Tori hugged him now from the back as he sat while she crouched. Her golden ringlets touched his bare shoulders and her warm breath blew into his ear.

For the first time, Chief Keiran touched her. He grasped her right wrist and in one strong pull, Tori was now standing in front of him as he still sat straight. The young chief tilted his head to look up to her, his firm hand holding her dainty wrist.

"I will deliver the empire beneath your feet."

END OF FLASHBACK...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 884 100
"For loving you, I felt abandoned." Upon learning that Caliere Mezor, her fiancé, despises her until her execution, Vestia Monsiore, an abandoned pri...
801 67 25
You're the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul. You were his only child until you find out you have a younger half sister named Talia. Because of her you meet B...
70 14 11
This is a #TeenFictionAnotherYearShortStory entry. --- Believe me, when adulting takes place, you forget your naïve little side instantly and are rea...
98.5K 5.5K 118
Victoria is given by her father, the King of the Barren Lands, to the Vampire Duke Sadisman as a hostage. She is a gift from her people as a peace of...