Invisible Boy

Από Twoony

Micah Greeneway is invisible. Not the teen angst kind but actually invisible. It's hereditary, a family secre... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Christmas Special
Q&A
Fan Art

End

7.2K 670 390
Από Twoony

Epilogue: Two Years Later

"Let's talk about the Invisible Boy theory."

"Ridiculous, absurd, a bunch of lies from rambling con's trying to get the attention off them and their crimes!" Jenny Brooks says with a shake of her head. The news hosts, Jenny Brooks, Amanda Rodriguez, Bolton Haines, and Dixie Lionel are sitting around a table with their early coffee to discuss another trendy topic of the day.

"Is it though? There have been countless reports matching the same description over the last two to three years," Bolton argues immediately. "So much so that the public has gotten wind of it."

"Not to mention the pictures." Amanda holds up her mug before taking a sip.

"Blurry pictures of what looks to be some kid running around playing dress up," Dixie chimes in. She's always playing the devil's advocate and I thoroughly enjoy hearing them discuss, well, me.

Bolton points to Dixie. "So you're saying you no longer believe he's real?"

"Oh, I do believe we have some vigilante's on the streets. This one's just dressing up and scaring people, making him think he's something he's not."

I purse my lips. The hell is that supposed to mean?

"So, what, he somehow manages to attack these thieves on his own without any weapons?" Amanda asks. "There are accounts of this person taking down five to six men on his own without a single casualty."

"Unconfirmed accounts," Jenny scoffs, shaking her head in disbelief. "Besides, are you trying to imply that his name is literal? He's actually invisible? Give me a break! If he's invisible, how did we get the so called pictures?"

Just then, one of these so-called pictures pops up on screen. Ah, it's a pretty awful picture. I'm all blurry. Ok, so I guess that's a good thing. All they can see is an outline of my body shrouded in black from head to toe. My mask hides my face, but now there's "IB" written on the right cheek in blue, which has become my sort of signature. I don't leave it around, but people have certainly started using it. I've seen people trying to draw what they think I look like online as well as writing IB on buildings to scare off local criminals. Apparently it's a way to signal I've been around that part of town before. It's like I've got my own bat signal! I really am like Batman, but still gay and still not rich. Thinking about it makes me chuckle.

The picture disappears a moment later.

"And he's clearly wearing a mask!" Jenny also points out. "If he's invisible, why have it? This is a load of hocus pocus made up by scared people. I can't blame them. Crimes are rampant—"

"But dropping fast," Bolton interrupts. "Since the so-called Invisible Boy has come around the streets are getting safer. People have hope. They have someone to look up to."

"Another criminal, you mean?" Dixie chimes in.

Rude. I mean, yes, I kind of am since I have broken into some places to get those criminals and, technically, I am a vigilante, but I'm a good guy! Whatever, I'm so under appreciated.

"Whether people wish to admit it or not, this boy is a criminal and we have no idea if he's done crimes himself. How do we know he isn't using this to cover up his own cri—"

The TV is clicked off causing me to spin around to find Mom standing behind the couch with her hand on her hip. I give her a smile but she's still glaring.

"You're on the news again," she says. Her tone is not pleased.

"Yeah, Mom, I'm a freaking celebrity."

She rolls her eyes. "Micah, I get that you're more confident now but...I'm worried about you. This vigilante stuff it's-it's—"

"Crazy?"

"Yes!"

I walk around the couch to press my hands to Mom's shoulders. They're shivering and her eyes are starting to water. I get it, really I do. She's my mom and she loves me. She wants me to be safe. This, what I'm doing, it's definitely not safe so I see where she's coming from.

"Mom, this is the right thing to do. If I can help people then why shouldn't I?"

Mom sniffles.

"Can't you see what's happening? People are starting to hope and stand up for themselves. I'm safe. I never go into something unless I know I have the upper hand. I call the cops when it's out of my league. I know when to say no just...trust me. I know what I'm doing."

I try to give her a reassuring smile, but all she does is sigh. She says nothing more on the matter, going on to say, "You're going to be late for class."

I look to the clock. Damn, she's right!

"Shit, love you, see you tonight!" I shout while pressing a chaste kiss to her cheek then bolting out the door to the bus stop. I hop on, the bus driver gives me a smile that I return. Taking a seat, I stare out the window as the world passes me by.

It's been two years since my week of hell. There hasn't been another scare nor a peep from Clover and his goons. Last I heard they were locked up with some fellow pal's. Only a few months ago I heard news that the gang they worked with was brought down, their so-called "Boss" being Gary Leeman. He owns a lot of property around town as well as some fancy oil rigs. It made me think of Kane, but I haven't heard from him. I only hope he made it out safely from his undercover operative.

Since then my life has changed, but only for the better. Going to college, working out regularly, taking all sorts of self defense classes, and beating up criminals throughout the city without anyone having any real proof it's me. Leo is oblivious, although there have been a few times he was suspicious of me. I do come home with bruises, even got a broken rib once that I blamed on a fight with some drunk, but I've managed to keep it under wraps. Life has only been going up for me, after hitting rock bottom the only other way is up so that shouldn't be surprising.

College classes are going well even if I tend to sleep through a few of them. Beckett and Misty are at a different college, which I tell them I'm grateful for. We all know I'm lying. It doesn't feel the same without those knuckleheads around, but I spend a lot of time with them outside of class. However, there's one rather big perk to campus.

"Micah!" Leo calls while waving frantically in the cafeteria. I smile upon seeing the bright blonde that continues waving until I'm walking towards him.

"Hey, Babe," I say and take a seat next to him. He smiles before leaning in for a kiss that deepens immediately, but alas, we are in public.

"Why don't you just start screwing on the table, hot damn," Jimmy says in fake offense causing Leo and I to pull apart. Leo looks away bashfully while I glare at Jimmy.

"You're just jealous because you're single," I say, earning myself a sharp elbow to the gut from Leo.

Jimmy snaps his finger. "Wow, that hurt, but true, true."

My arm slips around Leo's shoulder, pulling him into my side. He doesn't mind, happily leaning into me with a soft smile. Now Jimmy looks even sadder and I relish in it, which he knows judging by his sudden glare.

"I don't know what Leo sees in you," he says.

"I have a huge—"

Leo goes wide-eyed and Jimmy howls so loud that the entire cafeteria stares at him in confusion before I even finish that sentence.

Grinning, I say, "Shoe size."

Leo shakes his head.

"Are you about to say that's not true?" I ask, while swinging my leg up to show my shoe. Jimmy is giggling like a kindergarten and Leo is staring at me in a way that states he's questioning all his life decisions.

"Why am I still with you?" he asks.

"Because I'm hot?"

"No one can deny that Micah has great abs," Jimmy tacks on causing me to raise my hand for a high five, which he happily gives. Leo looks stunned, but I don't see why. He should be used to this. Leo decides the conversation isn't worth his time and returns to his lunch. Jimmy chuckles and does the same. I'm picking food from Leo's plate, which has him trying to take it away. He tells me to get my own, but I pout and continue trying to take his throughout the remaining lunch.

Afterwards we have to part to go to our own classes. Today is a rather late day of classes for both Leo and I so it isn't until seven that I go to pick Leo up from the basketball court. That's where he usually waits for me. His last class ended at six so I find him there with some friends. When he sees me, he comes running over with the usual smile.

"Ready to head home?" He asks then takes my hand in his.

"Was thinking we could stop somewhere to eat first."

"Sure!"

Hand in hand, Leo and I traverse the college campus sidewalks that are growing a little dim. Winter is fast approaching, but the warmth has yet to really leave us. Together we head out into town to find a place to eat, discussing which we'd like to go to when, suddenly, my phone goes off. Leo watches on curiously when I reach to answer it. However, the number flashing on the screen is unfamiliar. Leo seems surprised that I answer, even more so at my hesitancy.

"Hello?"

"Milton got out," Kane says immediately. I know it's him by the sound of his voice even if it's been two long years since I've heard it. My eyes widen.

"What?"

"They let the bastard out for cooperating with the police. From what I hear, he's been going on about killing the Invisible Boy while in prison. He's coming after you, Micah."

I don't even have time to process how Kane got my number or ask how he's doing or anything really. The question of how or if Clover knows which school I'm at doesn't even cross my mind because I know, either way, he'll figure it out. Immediately my senses are on high alert. I start looking all around for any possible sign of him. Leo is eyeing me with concern. The guilt is eating away at me while I turn to inspect every inch, every molecular of our surroundings.

"Listen, you need to leave, pack your bags and go. He could be on his way or even be there now—" Kane's words are lost to me. I'm no longer focusing on anything other than the world around us.

There's a young girl standing on the street corner waiting to cross. An old man is sitting at the bus stop. Two mothers are walking with their young boy between them towards us. A father is pushing his stroller only a few feet behind us. There's even more, so much more people that my eyes are trying to scan over because the hair on the back of my neck is standing at attention.

"Micah, is something wrong?" Leo asks in concern causing me to turn to him once more. It's when I look his way that I finally see it.

My heart stops at the sight of a hooded man in the parking lot across the street with a gun pointed at Leo like he has no care in the world.

My phone drops when I grab Leo and shove us to the ground moments before a shot is fired. Chaos erupts in the streets with everyone running to find cover after having no idea where the shot came from. I'm grabbing Leo's already shaking hand, dragging him down the street while glancing back only once to see Clover running through traffic like a mad man. The gun is pointed at us. The next bullet hits the corner of the building as we turn it.

Leo's breath is as ragged as my own. We manage to dip down a few streets before Clover can catch up. But somehow his footsteps are ringing in my ears rather than the screams and screeching tires of escaping cars. The smell of burnt rubber lingers in the air. The adrenaline in my veins feels like scorching fire.

He's not far behind us. We've got limited options. After another quick turn, I manage to drag Leo into an empty alley where I pull him into my chest and cover his mouth. We both disappear with Leo going into a pure panic. I can feel his rapid breathing against the palm of my hand. When I disappear my body seems a little transparent to me. I don't know how it is for Leo, but clearly, he knows something is up.

"Shh," I whisper into his ear when Clover runs into the alley not long after with the gun drawn.

There's already sounds of sirens in the distance. Clover doesn't seem to care. Why would he? He has nothing else to lose. Kane said it himself, if Clover got out he was dead so he planned to take me and as many as my loved ones as he could with him. Classic villain tactic. I hate it.

"Come on out," Clover says then fires another shot. Leo jumps in my arms while I'm perfectly still.

"I know you're here." Clover fires at a rustling in the corner, but gets only dust from the bricks. "Damn it, come out, Micah!"

Leo tenses. His quivering gaze glances back to me in questioning. I can't bear to look at him when the guilt grows by astronomical proportions. It has its own gravitational pull by now. Though sirens are growing closer, Clover doesn't mind. Actually, he starts to grin.

"Fine, if ya wish to be that way, maybe I will go pay mommy dearest a visit," Clover hisses before heading down another street with a new destination in mind.

It isn't until I can no longer hear Clover's footsteps slushing through the water from the rainfall the night before that I let Leo go. He stumbles away from me gasping for breath, turning around to stare in disbelief. He can't speak at first, only pointing accusingly at me. I don't give him time to ask though as I dig through my bag to pull out a black hoodie and my mask. That gets a reaction too.

Leo whimpers, actually whimpers and says, "Y-You're joking, fuck, Micah, you're j-joking!"

"Shh," I hiss at him while changing into the hoodie.

"Who was that? He-he knows your mom? We-we—"

"Listen and don't ask any questions," I interrupt the obviously panicking boy. He looks like he wants to argue, but I beat him to it. "Call my mom, Beckett, and Misty, tell them to meet up with you. Don't go anywhere you'd expect, hell, pick a random location but stay there. I'll find you then come get you, got it?"

"Micah, I d-don't...what's going on?"

I shove my belongings into Leo's arms. He barely manages to hold them as I slip the mask on and say, "I'll explain when I get back."

"I'm not leaving you," Leo says sternly, but I grab him by the shirt collar and shove him away. Leo stumbles, barely managing to catch himself on the brick wall.

"It's not just my life on the line here, Leo. Do as I say, please."

I don't bother waiting for a response. There's no time. I vanish causing Leo to jump in surprise. Bolting in the direction Clover left, and once out of view of Leo, I reappear. The best way to get Clover to come out is for him to see me. My only hope is that I don't get shot because of it.

My footsteps echo through the empty streets then alley's while I try to discern where Clover went. He couldn't have gotten that far so I call out to him, "I'm here, jackass!"

The back streets are completely clear. The shots had echoed, people panicked and were hiding indoors. I peer down every street for any sign of the rotten snake. Sirens blare in the background. There's no doubt in my mind that the cops are already at the initial shooting site. They're likely driving along the main roads now and moving through the alley ways.

"Going for Leo and my mom rather than facing me? You're a coward!" I call into the streets. My voice echoes off the walls.

"Says the one that always fights unseen."

I roll to the ground on instinct, good thing too because Clover fires immediately. I'm already hiding behind a dumpster when he fires off another round. If I counted correctly, that's four and he has a six round gun. Two shots left.

"I'm surprised you came back," I say to the man, listening to his footsteps getting closer. His reflection is growing in the water. He's close. Good.

"It doesn't matter where I go. Since I tattled I'm gonna get whacked so I figured I'd take you down before that happens, but when I got out I saw you made quite the name for yourself, Invisible Boy." He snorts. "Wearin' a mask too, coward."

"Says the one with a gun," I mock him.

"Shut your mouth!"

Clover's voice is near. His reflection is close to me in the water. During his next step, I disappear and push myself off the dumpster. Sure enough, he fires another shot in the spot I once was then shouts in annoyance when the gun is taken from his hands. Much like our first battle, I kick the gun away, sending it far into the alley. Self defense classes, good thing I took them. Disarming someone is second nature to me now.

Clover has a knife out. His hand has grabbed mine since I'm so close. He swings the blade down as if to slice through my arm. I'm happy to say that I've put on far more muscle than he has though. I tug him forward causing him to stop in fear of cutting his own arm then I slam my knee into his gut. With the hold on him, I swing his body over my own to drop it against the street.

But Clover is quick to get back up, stabbing out with his knife while shouting, "Fight me face to face!"

Maybe there would be people out there to take that challenge. It's about pride, right? But I've learned pride can be a person's greatest weakness. My loved ones are far more important and I'm not risking them, or myself, because of some dumb thug. I've learned my lesson. Don't get cocky. Don't act smug. Don't think because I'm invisible I can get away with everything. There are consequences to your actions, sometimes severe ones. I'm not here to play games and I won't let him play any with me.

So, once again, I grab Clover by the wrist and disarm him, the knife drops to the ground. He's cursing at me when I twist said arm around his back then slam his body into the brick wall once, twice, and a third time. Finally, he works up the energy to swing himself around and attempt a punch that I easily block. I send my fist into his stomach then his jaw then his face. The man stumbles back, falling into a pile of trash where he belongs with his eyes rolling into the back of his head.

"You know, there will be others like me," he coughs, pushing himself back onto shaking legs. He's wobbling from side to side but still raises his fists. Although I know he can't see me, once again, I feel like he's looking directly at me. "No matter what you do, others will-will learn about you and they'll come a-lookin'. They'll find ya and your loved ones and they'll hurt ya. Today, tomorrow, ten or twenty years from now...but it'll happen, I promise."

My stomach churns at the thought because, in the back of my mind, I know he's right. There are pictures of me online. There's hope. There's belief. I'm not a fictional character to all. One day, someone will probably come looking with the idea of Invisible Boy being real. I can do my best to keep myself unseen, however, there's always a chance others will find out, but...

"I know, it's not going to stop me though," I say before the final hit. Clover drops to the ground, eyes closed and body limp.

There are footsteps in the distance. The cops are upon us. I'm about ready to go look for my phone, or a phone, to get a hold of Leo when I suddenly hear a click. Turning around, I see Clover has crawled over to his gun, which is now pointing at me. My eyes widen.

How can he see me?

His finger is on the trigger when I try to dive out of the way. However, he never manages to pull that trigger for the steps I heard weren't the cops.

With a swift kick, Leo's foot smashes against Clover's face and, let me tell ya, there is no sound more terrifying than the crushing of bones from a soccer player's kick. I wince at the sound that actually echoes along with Clover's extreme cry of anguish, like a dying animal. His gun drops, as does he, with blood trickling out of his nose and mouth like a waterfall. There's no way he's waking up from that.

"Leo, what the hell are you doing here?" I hiss.

It's when I see Leo's reflection in the water that I realize how Clover pinpointed my location. My footsteps, he heard me moving around, saw my footsteps in the water. It was still a guess, but a damn good one. He probably would have hit me had he got that round off.

I reappear. Leo comes running over immediately, wrapping his arms around me like he hasn't seen me in years. I'm a bit surprised. I thought he'd be more upset, but all he does is let out a sigh of relief followed by, "Don't tell me to leave you behind ever again, you asshole."

"Wow, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

Leo holds me tighter. As much as I wish to return the gesture, there are footsteps and shouts from the cops. They've definitely found us and I don't really want to be around when they get here. So, I grab Leo by the hand and vanish us both. He pulls away, still appearing shocked and confused. There are a million questions swimming in his blue eyes, all of which I am willing to answer for him even if it terrifies me.

"About that." I pull Leo along through the streets. His grip tightens, a silent way to say that he's listening. My heart is racing and my palms are sweaty. Somehow, this is more nerve wracking than a fight.

This is it. I'm finally going to tell someone the truth, someone I love and trust. Looking back at Leo, all I see is trust in his eyes like, no matter what I say he's going to be right there beside me.

It gives me the confidence to ask, "Do you want to hear the tale about an invisible boy?"

~THE END~

I hope you guys enjoyed, make sure to check out the Q&A and fan art page :) As always, thanks so much for reading! This story means a lot to me because I've always wanted a queer story that isn't just romance. We deserve the same representation straight people always get and it'd be great if there were more fantasy, super hero, thriller, mystery etc. kind of stories featuring queer individuals instead of just romance and erotica. Hopefully this story counts as more than that for someone, it does to me at least :)

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Camp Closeted Από KOBE

Εφηβική Φαντασία

984K 40.3K 46
Micah Vallenti has been in the closet all his life, taking his time in coming to terms with his sexuality as well as himself. Everything all of a sud...
Brutal Από Nova

Εφηβική Φαντασία

533 40 14
In the town of Clareview, Connor Hill lives a life of routine: He goes to school, hangs out with his friends, pretends to be straight, rinse and repe...
1M 60.2K 46
Micah hates the rich. Working at an upper class restaurant in Mayfair proves all the reasons why. Entitled, rude and ignorant customers with more mo...
63.3K 3.2K 20
Little Micah is devastated after his nephalem ex-boyfriend found his mate, leaving him alone and desperate for his touch despite the circumstances. ...