Trying to Train a Player (ON...

By lalalaLiving

Jack and Alice are best friends. They have known each other since secondary school. Alice certainly isn't one... More

Trying to Train a Player
Chapter 1: Green Skin With a Hint of Sparkles, a Stuffed Penguin and a New Girl
Chapter 2: Cold Revenge, Getting Dressed Up and Conversations about Kitchens?
Chapter 3: There's No Getting Away
Chapter 4: Hide and Seek
Chapter 5: Who Are You?
Chapter 6, Part 1: Alice
Chapter 6, Part 2: Sarah
Chapter 7: A Surprising Morning
Chapter 9, Part 1: Something About Her
Chapter 9, Part 2: Figuring Everything Out
Chapter 10: What Just Happened?
Chapter 11: Time To Grovel
Chapter 12: Double What?
Chapter 13: Eventful Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It...
Chapter 14: Phases In Training
Chapter 15: Mr Ducky, The Teaching Master
Chapter 16: Progress

Chapter 8: Love Hate

2.6K 40 27
By lalalaLiving

Helloooooooooo My little hairbrushes!!:D

How are we on this lovely day??:D Would you all like to know the reason for my good mood?:D Well, even if you don't care, I'm going to share (hehe that rhymed!:D Poetry is the way my friends).

Anywho! I have reason to believe that I may have gotten rid of my terrible disease known as Writers Block due to this incredible chapter which you shall soon read:D In other words I'm pretty sure my writers block is gone!:D 99.9% sure!:D ahaha so all together now: 

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!! (doo doo doo doo doo doo) ALRIGHT STOP! You're all out of tune!:L

anyways, getting on with the chapter:) I hope you enjoy and there's a picture of Jack to the side ------> as well as a song that sums this chapter up perfectly:) So if you would like to listen to it throughout the chapter, then please do so!:D

Anyways, here we go:

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 8: Love Hate

Alice heard Jack sigh heavily again. That had to be the fourth time he had sighed in about 30 seconds. Alice was still locked in the bathroom by herself, while Jack was waiting outside for her to come out. Thing was, she had decided that she wasn’t going to be coming out…not for a long time anyway.

After she had run to the bathroom for safety, Jack had constantly beaten his fists against the door, shouting for her to come out. When he finally realised that it was no use, he had slumped against the bathroom door where he was currently waiting for her to come out.

Every few seconds he would sigh heavily like a 5 year old who hadn’t gotten their way.

At first he was worried that he had driven Alice away. The only reason he was in his boxers was because he had woken up in the middle of night, uncomfortable in his stiff jeans and hot jumper. He was half asleep and he wasn’t thinking straight when he had clumsily undressed himself. He had forgotten which room he was in and more importantly whose bed he was in. He was tired and after removing his uncomfortable clothing he had fallen right back to sleep, snuggling in with, what he had thought at the time was his teddy bear. But in actual fact, it was Sarah.

He couldn’t forget the pained look on Alice’s face when she had seen him and automatically thought the worst. He felt his heart sink with hurt when he realised that he was the reason for her pain. Then when he had reached out for her, she had just run off. That was when he got mad and started attacking the door. It obviously wasn’t the door’s fault, but it had smacked him a couple of times in the face in the past, so he thought this made them even.

Alice stayed silent and if he hadn’t have known that she had only been in there 5 minutes; he would have assumed that she was dead, or at least unconscious. Thinking through this all, he sighed again. He thought that the best way to convince her was to obviously explain the truth to her. Surely Sarah would support the story and he would just have to hope that he hadn’t lost her. They had grown so close last night, closer than they had been in ages.

So, sighing once more he began to explain the whole story to Alice. He explained how he was awoken by Sarah being sick and how he had taken care of her because she wasn’t in the right state to be by herself. He expressed the emphasis of how he had intended to stay with her until she fell asleep, but how he too had fallen asleep. He explained how he ended up in his boxers. He explained everything; right up until Alice had seen him when he had opened the door.

Just as he had finished explaining everything to Alice, Sarah skipped out of her room with a big smile on her face. Gone was the vulnerable little girl Jack had caught a glimpse of last night; replaced with a cheerful and confident girl. She stopped when she saw Jack slumped outside of the bathroom door. She walked over to him, throwing him a questioning look. He just sighed and looked away as he shook his head sadly.

He really hated the fact that one stupid misunderstanding was causing Alice and him so much pain. He looked back up to Sarah with pleading eyes. As he opened his mouth to request that she explain everything to Alice, she cut him off with an apologetic look.

“I need to talk to you Jack. I really appreciate everything you did for me last night. I don’t know what kind of state I would have woken up in this morning if you hadn’t taken care of me; but I just want to make sure that you do realise that there is nothing else going on with us…right? In a way I kind of think of you like a caring brother. I know I was a little clingy last night, but I felt terrible and you were my only source of comfort at the time and I think that came across slightly in a different way than I had intended.” Sarah said, cautiously, worried about Jack’s reaction. He just stared at her blankly, he felt a slight pang of hurt hit him, but it couldn’t compare the overwhelming feeling of pain he had felt when he had seen Alice with that devastated look upon her face. He realised he hadn’t given Sarah any sort of reaction to work with. He nodded his head to show he understood and gave her a warm smile.

Sarah visibly relaxing before adding shyly “I’m also kind of with someone as well. I don’t know if you remember but the guy I was chatting with last night in the club, Chris, well I got his number and he has been texting me this morning. I don’t know if we are together for sure, but I have a good feeling about this. I also, kind of invited him over. I hope you and Alice don’t mind.” She said and then looked towards Alice’s bedroom where her door was wide open. She craned her neck to look at Alice, but couldn’t see her in there.

“Where is Alice by the way?” She asked curiously still looking around.

Jack gulped before saying “She’s in th-arrgh!” He finished off as the bathroom door was swung open and he fell backwards and onto the cold floor, taking him by surprise.

“I’m here.” Alice said, standing tall and confidently. Then she looked down at Jack and smirked down at him. “Are you going to stay down there all day?” He laughed a little as he realised that he had convinced her of the truth and she seemed satisfied with it. It might have also had something to do with Sarah’s little speech to him. But he liked to think that he had won her over with his smooth voice and his way with words.

“Ohh, I dunno, if I’m being honest, I have a pretty good view right now.” He said winking slyly at Alice. She looked at him in confusion before she realised that he could see up her dress. Jumping back away from him she squealed a little, her whole confident façade crumbling as she worried about how much he had actually been able to see. He laughed loudly at her as he stood up, brushing himself off. Alice stared at his muscly body that was in full view. She watched his muscles work as he brushed of any small bits of dirt off of him. He caught her staring and smirked at her.

“You might want to mop up that big puddle of drool you’re creating babe.” He commented, crossing his arms over his chest clearly amused. Alice just kept staring at his body. It took her a few moments to realise that she was staring at his body and not very subtly either. It took her even longer to realise he had spoken and she could only look like a guilty child caught with their hand in the sweet jar, as she processed what he had said.

“I err..what?” She asked as her mind was all muddled up with images of Jack stood in front of her. He let out a low chuckle filled with amusement. He shook his head at Alice before leaning in close to her and darting his face towards her ear. He blew gently into it making her shiver involuntarily. He tried to hold back a laugh as he seductively whispered in her ear “Red underwear looks good on you, especially when you’re wearing a matching bra.” Then he pulled back and winked cockily at her before walking out whilst laughing to himself.

Alice watched him walk away; her body was frozen whilst her face felt on fire with the severe blush that was attacking her cheeks. Sarah let out an entertained laugh, snapping Alice out of her gawping state.

“God, I knew you liked him and all, but I didn’t realise just how much.” Sarah commented, still laughing away to herself.

“What? I don’t like him. What do you mean you knew?” Alice asked, suddenly intently listening to Sarah and no longer looking at Jack’s behind as he continued to walk away from her.

“Girl please! Anyone can see you fancy the pants off of him!” Sarah exclaimed before adding “No pun intended with the whole pants scenario. At least you know he appreciates the underwear you wear eh?” Sarah said then burst into a fit of giggles.

“What? Oh shut up!” Alice defended “I do not like him! Not one bit! No!” Alice protested. (I did it again didn’t I? Gosh! Jimmy’s getting really annoyed with the fact that I’m using his line. He might be coming after me when he reads this :’) ahaha. Anyways, back to the story)

“Sure…whatever you say.” Sarah said sarcastically, still trying to get her laughter under control.

“I don’t!” Alice exclaimed getting flustered. Sarah’s response was just to laugh at her. Muttering things under her breath, Alice walked away.

Once she reached the kitchen, she saw Jack had already started on the food and by the looks of it; it wouldn’t be long until he had devoured all of the pancakes and bacon. She hurriedly joined him at the table and began piling her own selection of food on her plate, eager to make sure she had got everything she wanted before Jack ate it all.

“Guys?” Sarah called as she entered the kitchen. “Why is there a spilled glass of water and tablets outside of my room?” She questioned; but seemed to forget all about it when she saw food set out in front of her.

“How can you eat so much and not feel ill? Especially after drinking so much last night. Shouldn’t you be throwing up or something at the smell of food?”” Alice questioned Sarah.

“I woke up in the middle of the night and practically emptied my stomach then. Plus I took tablets before I went back to sleep, so they seem to have done the trick.” Sarah answered while piling more toast onto her plate.

“This is amazing Alice.” Jack commented, changing the subject.

“Thanks.” Alice said.

“You would make a pretty good housewife. I certainly wouldn’t mind waking up every morning to see you having cooked all this food for me. If I married you, do you reckon you could cook this every day for me?” Jack questioned while stuffing his mouth with another forkful of food.

“No. Like I would want to be married to you.” Alice joked. Jack pretended to fake cry.

“But baby, I’m so damn sexy.” Jack said, still wiping his invisible tears.

“Awww,” Alice cooed playfully “honey, don’t believe everything your mummy tells you.” Alice said smirking at him. Jack faked whimpered.

“That hurt.” He said before dropping the act and shoving some egg into his mouth.

Sarah just laughed at the pair.

“Yeah, you too definitely belong together.” She commented smiling at the both of them; but they didn’t hear her as they had begun to playfully push each other and throw bits of breakfast at one another. Sarah just shook her head at the two childish children seated before her.

There was the sound of a buzzer going off but neither Jack nor Alice showed any sign of having heard it. Sighing, Sarah stood up and walked over to the speaker. She clicked the button and spoke into the speaker.

“Who is it?” She asked.

“It’s me babe, buzz me up.” Came a voice slightly crackling through the speaker.

“Alright. See you when you come up.” Sarah commented before pressing a button and buzzing the visitor up.

“Alright, you two! Behave, Chris is here, so stop being childish and be nice to him. Okay?” Sarah questioned but got no response from either Jack or Alice. Sighing, she gave up and put her empty plate into the sink.

There was knocking at the door and Sarah went and opened it, immediately being engulfed in a hug from Chris and a quick kiss that made her heart melt. She stepped aside and let him, closing the door behind him. A hand stopped the door from completely closing, making Sarah jump.

“Hey, hey. Don’t leave me out here, that’s not very nice.” A voice said before pushing the door open. There stood Adam. He walked in and closed the door.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were coming.” Sarah apologised, whilst anxiously glancing at Alice and Jack.

“Oh, don’t worry, I asked Chris if I could tag along last minute.” Adam explained. He walked over to Alice and Jack, who were still fighting, although their breakfast resources were running out as Jack kept eating all the food thrown at him and some of the food he was meant to be throwing back at Alice.

“Hey guys. Having fun?” Adam commented, smirking at Alice. His voice was enough to make both Alice and Jack stop mid throw and look up at Adam. Alice was surprised and a little confused, whilst Jack was just plain angry.

“I didn’t realise that you had invited him round Alice.” Jack said gritting his teeth and standing up.

“I didn’t-“ Alice began to protest.

“Save it!” Jack growled “There’s no point in lying to me. I will leave you two lovey dovey couples to it!” Jack sneered before grabbing his jacket and exiting the flat, slamming the door loudly behind him.

They all just stood there in shock, staring at the door.

“Woah…someone’s got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.” Adam said chuckling nervously, but stopped when Alice shot him a glare. Then she turned on her heel and stormed off into her room, also slamming the door loudly behind her.

“What’d I say?” Adam asked confused. Chris just shrugged whilst Sarah sighed heavily.

“I’m going to go check on her.” Sarah said before running into Alice’s room, closing the door behind her, but more quietly.

“So…” Chris said as they both stood awkwardly in an unfamiliar flat.

“Yeah…” Adam said.

“Want to watch some sports?” Chris said.

“Err…yeah…” Adam agreed.

There you have it my little hairbrushes!:D I hope you enjoyed it and I DEFINETELY want to hear what you thought - I'm being serious. I'm not receiving enough comments guys.

so, VOTE, COMMENT AND FAN!

Who would like this chapter to be dedicated to them?:)x

love lalalaLiving:)xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...
1.7K 36 12
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
465 98 55
❝ She wanted a fresh start, He wanted normalcy, But their past had other plans. ❞ ~~~ For the majority of her life, Gabriella had to endure all the t...
136K 12.5K 13
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...