Living With The Originals

By Dark-Violet

Sequel to Living With Damon and Stefan. Marni's back, and ready to kick butt! After discovering that she's re... More

You Want The Sammich? No.
Why You No Like My Pick Up Lines?
The Bro-Code
Oh Hey, Is That A Cloud?
The Salt In Your Eye Is Beautiful
Hello Mr Pumpkin Goat
Sir Geraldalot, The Carrot.
The Glass Sparkle Named Windex
The Dinosaur That Leaped Into The Shoe
The World's Ending? Fantastic.
Microwave All Of The Kittens!
Oh My God Stefan, You Can't Just Ask Someone Why They're Purple.
Oh, I Didn't Tell You? I Know What Colour Underwear You're Wearing.
Hey, Assbutt!
Four For You Glenn Cocoa
The End.

Bow Ties Are Cool.

42.2K 830 498
By Dark-Violet

The sky was grey, and the air was cold. Thunder clashed loudly from above, and lightning lit up the forest every few seconds. 

I was running, from something, to something, I didn't know. All I knew was that I was confused. I heard a shout from the left of me and I changed direction, heading towards it. As I did so, my foot got caught on a tree root and I tripped, tumbling to the ground.

"Oh for the love of- OW! That hurt!" I cursed, getting up again. I brushed the dirt off my pants and jumped slightly when I looked up.

There were people around me. People I knew.

All five of the remaining Original vampires stood in front of me, black expressions on their faces. 

"Oh, hey guys," I greeted, happy to find that a scary monster wasn't waiting for me. "What brings you to the middle of the forest?"

"It's you," Klaus announced in a monotone voice.

"Huh?" I frowned.

"It's going to be your fault," Rebekah continued.

"That you're in the forest?" I asked, puzzled.

"You'll be the one to do it," Kol stated in the same tone as the others.

"What the bloody hell are you people talking about?" I questioned, not bothering to hide my confusion.

"You won't stop," Finn said.

"And you'll be the death of us all," Elijah finished, lifting his head to look at me.

"What?" I asked. "What are you talking about?"

None of them responded, instead, at the same time, they all starting yelling in pain, grabbing their heads and falling to the ground.

"No... NO!" I shouted, going to rush forwards. But I couldn't move. Their bodies started crumpling, their skin going grey, until they fell silent.

They were dead.

"No..." I whispered, trying to get forwards. "I don't understand, what's happening?!"

"They're dead," a voice announced.

I turned to see that Stefan and Damon had entered the clearing.

"I can see that, but 

why

?" I demanded, aware that a tear was rolling down my cheek.

"Because of you," Stefan said.

"You did this," Damon continued. Behind them, more familiar faces appeared. Caroline, Lexi, Anna, Katherine, Pearl, Shadow, Ash. All were staring at the ground.

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you did. And with them, we all die," Stefan stated.

"What? What do you mean?!"

I got no reply, because at once, they all started fading, turning into sand and drifting away in the wind.

-

I gasped and sat up, my heart beating ferociously in my chest. I looked around frantically, panic spreading through my body.  It was freezing, and the sound of wind rustling through the leaves of the trees above me sent chills down my spine.

I didn't know where I was, or how the hell I'd gotten here.

I was lying in the middle of a forest, trees surrounding me. 

"What the hell?" I muttered.

I stood up, looking around. I was still in the clothes I'd worn last night. Did someone knock me out and leave me here? No, that wasn't possible. I remembered going to sleep last night when I went back to the boarding house with Stefan. I'd gone to sleep in my old room... I was sure of it.

In fact, I was positive that's what happened.

Then why the hell was I here?

And then it hit me. Kind of like when you get a chair thrown at your face, except without the pain.

This was the same place my horrid dream had taken place. I recognised the positions of the trees, minus the dead bodies on the ground. I stared for a moment, thoughts crossing my mind.

Was it a vision? No. It couldn't be. There's no way in hell I'd kill the Originals. And what the hell was with everyone else fading away? Were they secretly abominable sand-men? I knew Stefan was hiding something.

Sleepwalking. It must've been. I probably subconsciously walked here. But the question was, where exactly was here?

"I'm in Narnia!" I shouted, excitement filling me. That's when I spotted the rather large familiar white house at the edge of the clearing close by. "God dammit. Got my hopes up."

Well, at least I was still in Mystic Falls.

Muttering violently, I started making my way through the forest, wearing only a pair of black leggings and an oversized sweater. I promptly avoided tree roots that stuck out, carefully stepping around them.

"Gah!" I cried, a noise exploding from the pocket of my sweater.

I relaxed when I realised it was my phone. I stared at it. It was Stefan. I slept with my phone in my pocket? Huh. How about that. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you?"

"Well, not far, that's for sure," I replied.

"It's six in the morning."

"Terrible, isn't it? I should be asleep. But no, apparently my mind has other plans."

"You sound annoyed and a bit confused."

"You know me so well, Stefan."

"What happened? Where are you?"

"I don't know what happened. All I remember is going to sleep at the boarding house, then I had a strange dream. You were in it. You were wearing a weird shirt. I didn't like it. Remind me to burn it."

"Marni."

"Oh, right. Well to sum it all up for you, I woke up in the middle of the forest, and now I'm rather confused and creeped out. Unless it's normal for people to wake up in the middle of the forest. Is it? What do you think? No, I don't think it is either. Maybe I time travelled, and the boarding house isn't built yet. The house with all of the witch spirits was built before it, yes? Stefan, what year is it?"

"I- what?"

"The year, what is it?"

"2012."

"Ah, not time travel then... Damn, that would've been interesting. I would've loved to go back in time. I'd be just like- OW!"

"Marni? What happened, are you alright?" Stefan asked urgently.

"No! OW SWEET MOTHER OF GOD THAT HURT!"

"What happened?!"

"I stubbed my freaking toe on a tree root!" I growled. "This is your fault you know? Distracting me with your phone call and all. Great, now I'm limping. I look like a deformed albatross."

I heard Stefan sigh on the other end.

"So you just woke up in the middle of the forest?"

"Uh huh. Unless I've gone insane. Both are very possible."

"What was the dream about?"

I hesitated. "I'd rather not say. Oh! Look! Civilisation. I must be leafing, Stefan. Things to do and all. Toodles!"

"Wait-"

I hung up.

It wasn't until I'd actually walked into the Grill that I realised something crucially important.

"You're not wearing shoes," a voice announced.

I looked up to see Ryan standing by a table, cloth in hand.

I peered down at me feet. "Ah, so you're right. Hmm. Maybe I could steal some off a random? It wouldn't be that weird if I went up to someone and took their shoes off, would it? Not in Gympie, at least."

"Gympie?"

"Never mind," I muttered. I grinned. "Beautiful day, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I suppose."

"No! Liar! It's sunny! It's a horrible day!" I shouted.

He sighed. "It's too early for this."

"Tell me about it. Why are you even awake?" I asked.

"Because I have a job to do."

"I can see that. And a very... manly job you have there," I commented awkwardly.

"Are you mocking my job?" Ryan questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, you did call the police on me last week."

"Actually, it was Alyssa who called the cops," Ryan corrected. "Not me. Although I didn't exactly appreciate what you did very much."

"Yeah... sorry about that. Wasn't thinking straight. In fact, I deeply regret it. I'm so very sorry," I apologised.

He gave me a flat look. "No you're not."

"You're right, I'm not. But hey, it's the thought that counts, right?" I grinned.

Ryan sighed and shook his head, rolling his blue eyes.

"Why am I friends with you?" he asked under his breath.

"Ha!" I shouted. "You admit it! I knew you secretly loved me!"

He faced palmed himself. "Oh my God, that's not what I-"

"Don't try and deny it! I know it's true!" I insisted.

"I don't-"

"Yes you do."

"No, I-"

"Come on Ryan, admit it. We all know you're..." I cut off frowning.

I didn't feel too good. My vision when slightly hazy for a moment, but I blinked it away. I felt weak, exhausted, like all I wanted to do was lay down and not move.

"Marni?" Ryan questioned, gently grabbing my arm.

"Huh?" I snapped out of the daze I was in.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... Fine..."

"Your nose," he frowned.

I quickly wiped my nose, revealing blood.

"Hmm... that's not good. Not good at all. Excuse me, I need some air," I murmured.

I headed towards the exit, my vision getting hazier. What the hell was happening to me? I pushed the door open and walked out onto the foot path, looking around frantically. I blinked rapidly, trying to clear the haze, but it wouldn't go away.

I stumbled slightly, catching myself on a street lamp.

"Marni?"

I turned to see who had said my name, but by then my vision had started going dark, and the last thing I saw was a figure rushing towards me.

-

"I think she's waking up."

The voice sounded familiar. I knew it. I knew it well.

I snapped my eyes open, and in a second I was backed up against the wall in the room, my stance alert and ready to attack. It took me several seconds to realise I was in a familiar place, and the room was filled with people I knew.

I was in the living room of the Original's mansion, and they were on the other side, looking at me. Elijah and Klaus were the closest, and I could detect concern in their eyes. Kol was lounging in an arm chair, glancing curiously at me, whilst Rebekah stood from her seat on the lounge. Finn and Esther obviously weren't here, from what I could tell.

I blinked a few times, confusion filling me.

"How in the hell did I get here?" I asked.

"You passed out on the side of the street," Kol announced, standing up. "I caught you and brought you back here."

"Did I now?" I asked. "Ah, yes. That I did. It's all coming back to me now... Actually, no. I have no idea what you're talking about. The last thing I remember was walking out of the Grill."

"That was when you passed out, love," Kol smirked.

"Ah. Well, that's be it then," I nodded. "Oh! I have clothes here! Lovely!"

I left the room in a blur, rushing upstairs to the suitcase that I kept here for spare. Came in use after all. I slipped some jeans and a top on, as well as my jacket and flat boots. I rushed back downstairs, joining the others again.

"Now, where were we?" I asked.

"What exactly was that all about?" Klaus asked. 

"Do you normally pass out randomly?" Rebekah questioned.

"Depends what day of the week it is," I replied, flashing a grin. "And I actually don't know why it-"

I tilted my head to the side, a memory coming back to me.

"Marni?" Elijah said.

I narrowed my eyes, realising what had happened.

"Is she going to pass out again?" Kol asked.

"No, she's just realised something," Klaus mused.

"Someone's channelling my magic," I announced bitterly, my eyes still narrowed. "And whoever it is, is using a lot of it."

"They're channelling you?" Elijah asked.

"Now that is just not nice," I stated. "Especially without my permission."

"She's getting angry," Klaus muttered to Kol, a smirk on his face.

"Excuse me for a moment," I said. "I have some threatening to do."

I was gone with a whoosh, heading to my destination with inhuman speed. I moved so fast that my surroundings were a blur, yet I could pick out everything perfectly. I stopped outside of the familiar house, cocking my head to the side and listening carefully. The person I was looking for was definitely there, and she wasn't alone.

I noticed that her window was open. Fantastic. I made a little run up and leaped, gracefully landing inside Bonnie's room.

Both her and Elena, who were sitting on the bed, stared wide eyed at me. They obviously didn't know how to respond. It wasn't every day that some random jumped through your window. It was only every other day. And I suppose the livid expression on my face wasn't helping.

"Is it you?" I asked Bonnie in a dangerous tone.

"Was what me?" she stuttered out.

"The channelling. Was. It. You?" I repeated in the same tone.

"What channelling?"

In the blink of an eye, I had her pinned up against the wall.

"You're channelling my magic," I hissed. Then something went off in my mind. I leant back, loosening my grip slightly. "No... It couldn't have been you. It wasn't your magic..." I let her go and growled, stepping back. "But if it wasn't you... who the hell was it?"

I stalked across the room, and looked from Bonnie, who was clearly shocked, to Elena, the same expression on her face.  I let out a hiss of air and left, ducking out of the window.

The next place I found myself was the Grill, where I spotted Mia playing pool with Emma and Jeremy.

"Mia," I greeted, joining them. "I have a question for you."

"And that is?" she asked.

"Where you channelling my magic?" I questioned.

"Now why would I do that?"

I shrugged. "Why do we do anything?"

"Well, it wasn't me," she frowned. "Why would someone be channelling you?"

"Who knows? Maybe they think I have nice hair," I smirked bitterly. "Because I do, in fact, have nice hair."

"Whoever they are, they're obviously casting a powerful spell, if they have to channel your magic," Mia mused.

"What's going on?" Jeremy asked, slightly puzzled.

"Hush," I scowled, placing my hand over his mouth before turning back to Mia. "You have a point. But who though?"

"How many witches have you encountered in your life?" she asked.

"Oh you know, about... I have absolutely no idea. Over fifty, I know that much," I announced. It was then that I became aware of a wetness on my hand. I ripped my hand away from Jeremy's mouth and wiped it on his shirt, making a disgusted face. "Oh, yuck! Jeremy, that is so gross! What is wrong with you?"

Emma laughed at us.

"Hey, you're the one that recommended it to me," Jeremy pointed out.

"Yeah, but you can't use it against me."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm awesome. And hilarious," I declared, as if it was well known. "Not to mention sexy. I should buy a bow tie. Should I? I think I should. Bow ties are cool."

"Well, I for one think magic is cool," Emma stated. "I wish I was a witch instead of a werewolf."

"Magic isn't always great. It's all...bumpy-wumpy. There's loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays where everything gets amazing and fun," I stated. "But it's also rather dangerous. I mean, over the past century and a half, I've almost died a billion times. In fact, I have, twice now. Ah... they were fun times." 

"Have you had coffee today?" Mia asked warily.

"Nope. I'm trying to cut down," I nodded. I then laughed. "Just kidding, I woke up in the forest, and apparently, they don't have coffee."

"Wait, what?"

"Never mind, I must go," I announced. "Things to be doing and all. Keep an eye out for anyone suspicious. And for bow ties."

As I made my way out, I texted Shadow, who confirmed that he hadn't been taking my magic. I did the same with Ash, just to make sure, and he said he had no reason to. Ash may have been sneaky and unpredictable, but he wouldn't outright lie about something like that.

I didn't realise exactly where I was going until I opened the front door of the boarding house and casually strolled in, walking through to the parlour, where both Damon and Stefan were.

"Ah!" I cheered happily. "Damon! Stefan! Just the two lads I was hoping to see."

The both looked at me warily.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked, alarmed.

"Are you feeling okay?" Stefan asked.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I?"

"You're being... nice," Damon frowned. He stood up from where he was lounging in a chair and leaned against it.

"I'm always nice," I defended.

"No you're not."

"You're right. I'm not," I agreed. "Probably because I hate the majority of people on this planet. But I'm feeling nice today. Today's a great day. Actually, no, today's a horrible day, considering I woke up in the middle of the forest with no explanation, and then I passed out, wearing no shoes, mind you. Then I woke up and realised my powers were being channelled. Wow, do you realise how many times I've said channelled today? And on top of that, it's sunny. In fact, my day probably couldn't get much worse. What am I talking about, of course it could. Johnny Depp could die. Now that, is a dark, dark thought." I stopped, and glanced warily around the room. "Can anyone else smell walnuts?"

Both Damon and Stefan stared at me for a moment, probably considering whether or not I was insane.

"Okay..." Stefan spoke. "Let's start at the beginning. You woke up in the forest..."

"Yes. Wearing no shoes. I was a tad confused, you see, because I was fairly sure that I'd gone to sleep here. Then, you called, scaring the absolute crap out of me, and then I went to the Grill. Ryan was there, we had a good chat, he admitted he was inlove with me, and then things got rather weird."

"Weird?"

"Well, I felt weak, my nose started bleeding, you know, the usual." I rolled my eyes. "Oh, and did I mention I passed out? Whilst not wearing shoes?"

"You passed out?" Damon frowned.

"Uh huh. Woke up at Klaus' mansion. Took me about two minutes to realise what had happened," I shrugged. "So, apparently, someone had decided it would be extremely fun to channel my magic. And me, figuring it wasn't very nice, decided to investigate. So, I went to Bonnie's house, threatened her. Oh! Elena was there to, and I would've said hi, but I was busy, with the, you know, threatening. Turns out, it wasn't Bonnie. I then asked Mia, Shadow, and Ash, and none of them have. So it left me wondering. Who could it possibly be? Which brings me here."

"Here?" Damon questioned.

"Yes. Here. You see, you two have known me better than anyone else for ages. And most of the past century and a half I was with one of you," I announced. 

"Your point?"

"Basically, I'm trying to figure out if a witch from my past is trying to channel my powers," I concluded.

"Most of the witches from your past are dead," Stefan frowned.

"Oh..." I furrowed my brows. "I suppose you're right. Didn't think of that. You have an excellent point."

I started pacing the room, thinking.

"Hmm... someone I don't know maybe? No, I would have to make contact with them for them to be able to do it. Unless they worked around that. No. If they could, they wouldn't need my magic. Maybe the witches from the magical voodoo forest Klaus and I went to? Why would they do that? They wouldn't. They have more than enough power... Who the bloody hell is it?" I threw myself on the floor and stared up at the ceiling, irritated. "UGH! Why can it not just pop up?!"

I glared at the place I was looking, clenching my fist. Damon and Stefan shared a look, and simultaneously rose an eyebrow.

"Oh!" I shouted, sitting up. "Of course!"

"Who?" Stefan asked.

I inhaled, and let it out flatly. "Nope. Nothing. Why is this so hard?"

It was then that there was a knock at the door. I laid back down and looked at the ceiling, while Stefan went to answer it. Damon moved to the table and poured himself a drink, before turning and looking down at me.

"What about Bree?" he asked.

"No... it wouldn't be her... She's smarter than that," I commented. "What about you? Piss off any witches lately that would take their revenge out on me?"

"Not that I can recall," he shrugged. I sighed. "Isn't this nice? Us acting all civilised?"

"We're far from civilised," I replied.

"Well yes, considering you weren't wearing shoes this morning," Damon smirked.

"I hate you," I scowled.

"No you don't," he grinned.

I rolled my eyes and muttered under my breath. Stefan re-entered the room, carrying an envelope.

"Who was it?" Damon asked.

"No one. But someone left this," Stefan replied. He opened it and read out loud. "'Please join the Mikaelson family, this evening at seven o'clock for dancing cocktails and celebration.'"

I frowned and sat up.

"Who are the Mikaelson's?" Damon asked.

"The Originals," I replied, getting back on my feet. 

"You guys are holding a family celebration," Damon commented with a bitter smirk. "How cute."

"It's the first I've heard of it," I murmured, taking the invitation. I flipped it over, and noticed there was more writing in a different type of writing. It was obviously hand written. 

P.S. Marni, Rebekah is waiting for you. She has your dress.

Kol.

"Hmm... Well, I must be off. Rebekah's waiting for me." I turned to leave the room, but paused. "I assume you two are coming?" They both nodded. "Wonderful. I wouldn't cause any trouble."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Damon smirked.

I glared at him.

-

"So, a celebration, eh?" I asked, returning to the mansion.

"It's more of a ball really," Esther replied, turning to me. "I thought it would be appropriate, considering this is our new home. The whole town's invited."

"Fantastic," I muttered sarcastically.

"Oh come on, Marni," Kol smirked, entering the small room. I think it was a study. It had a desk. Yep, definitely a study. "You can't hate everyone in this town."

"You're right," I nodded. "There's about six exceptions."

He laughed under his breath.

"Me being one of them, of course?" he grinned.

"Hmm... haven't decided yet," I stated, picking up an old looking book that was tossed carelessly on a leather chair.

"Excuse me, I need to speak to Elijah," Esther announced before leaving the room with a smile.

Kol put his hands in the pockets of his jeans and leaned against the wall, studying me. He really did look a bit like Elijah, except with Kol, he had a mischievous glint in his eyes constantly, like he was always up to something. 

"Take a picture, it lasts longer," I commented with a smirk, looking up from the book.

He rolled his eyes.

"You humans and your silly little saying."

"Hey! I am not human!" I protested. "I'm a witch! Big difference. Do you see humans running around using magical powers? Like, Oh em gee, Kol. Get with the program," I scoffed, using a bitchy voice.

"Oh em gee?" he questioned, puzzlement clear on his features.

"Google it," I laughed.

"What's Google?" Kol frowned.

I froze and dropped the book, before turning sharply to him.

"You don't know what Google is?" I asked incredulously. He rose an eyebrow. "Oh you poor child." 

I hurried forwards and grabbed his hand, tugging him out of the room and up stairs. On our way, we passed Elijah, who arched an eyebrow.

"What's the rush?" he asked.

"Kol doesn't know what Google is!" I called back to him.

I ushered Kol into Klaus' room, because I knew there was a laptop in here. I grabbed it and sat cross legged on the couch, Kol sitting next to me.

"You know what a laptop is, right?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm quite up to date with this modern technology," Kol announced.

"Obviously not, if you don't know what Google is," I muttered, opening the laptop. I got onto the internet, and saw that Klaus' homepage was Bing. I snorted. "Bing, really? You have no soul Klaus. now, time to teach you the way."

"You're rather odd," Kol commented. "Has anyone ever told you?"

"Multiple times. Believe me, I'm quite aware that I'm insane," I smiled. "But I'll tell you a secret. It's much more fun. Ah, here we go. This, my friend, is what we call Google." I put the laptop in his lap. "It knows everything. If you have a question, you type it in Google, and it will come up with links to the answers. You can search anything. Go ahead, try it."

Kol shrugged and began typing. It was then that another door opened and Klaus walked out of his bathroom, an eyebrow raised at us. He was wearing black suit pants, but was lacking a shirt at the moment. His dirty blonde hair was still slightly damp, and I spotted a water drop at the base of his jawline.

"What are you two doing?" he asked.

"I'm showing Kol Google," I announced. I tilted my head. "You're not wearing a shirt. Why aren't you wearing a shirt? Are you hoping to impress a lady friend?"

"What? No. I just got out of the shower. And besides, the only 'ladies' in this house are you and Rebekah, and last time I checked, we were related," he stated.

"Well, maybe there's someone hiding in your bathroom."

"There's not, you can check."

Kol ignored our conversation, because he was too preoccupied with the laptop.

"So... are you bringing a date tonight?" I asked Klaus.

He rolled his eyes. "No. Mother's lucky I'm even going."

"Well ha, you have to. I don't," I grinned.

"Yes you do," Kol murmured.

"Says who?" I asked.

"Says me," Rebekah announced, walking into the room.

"Ughn, I don't want to socialise with people," I scowled.

"Too bad."

"I already have plans," I lied.

"No you don't," Rebekah replied.

"Yes I do," I argued. "Klaus and I are... er... we're going to Chicago. To um... do some stuff." I shot a look at Klaus. "Right Klaus?"

"What? Oh. Yes. Very, very important stuff," he agreed, nodding his head. "In fact, we should probably be going now..."

"You're both terrible liars," Rebekah scoffed.

"Hey! We are fantastic liars!" I defended. 

She gave me a pointed look.

"There's no point in arguing," Kol stated. "You won't win."

"And besides, I have your dress," Rebekah stated.

I sighed in defeat. "It was a good try Klaus."

He shrugged.

-

It was getting dark, and sparkly lights were wrapped around the trees next to the driveway. No one had arrived yet, but I assumed they would soon. I was probably meant to be getting ready, but I didn't feel like it just yet. So I'd climbed up on the roof. It was rather high, and I sat with my legs dangling off the edge.

A ball, I thought, rolling my eyes. Who has a ball just because their family has been reunited? Sure enough, a group hug would've done fine. But, apparently not. I frowned. Why go to the extent? Half of  the Original siblings didn't want to go anyway.

No... there was something more to this. Something I wasn't seeing. And I didn't like it. 

Esther forgave Klaus just 

like that, even though he'd killed her. It didn't make sense. She went to all of that trouble to keep him from breaking the curse that was set on him, and here she is, just accepting his life style. 

I narrowed my eyes. She was up to something. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of doors opening. I peered over the edge of the roof to find that Kol had walked out onto the balcony below me. He walked to the edge and leaned against the railing, looking out.

His eyebrows were furrowed, as if in deep thought. I studied him for a moment, wondering what had made him upset. He lifted his head a little, and I saw the start of a smirk forming.

"Last time I checked, a roof wasn't for sitting on," he commented loudly.

"Well, last time I checked, no one had claimed otherwise," I replied.

He turned and looked up, leaning back against the railing.

"Rebekah's been looking for you for a good half hour now," Kol announced. "She wouldn't have thought to check the roof."

"No one ever does," I grinned. "That's why I come up here so often."

"On this particular roof?"

"No. Just in general," I shrugged. "It's been amusing hearing Rebekah calling my name. She probably thinks I've run away."

"Well, that's what Klaus told her."

"Did he now?"

"Although he had that look about him that told me he knew exactly where you were."

"That's how Klaus and I work. We have a bromance, we've got each others backs," I stated.

"I don't believe I'm familiar with the term 'bromance'," Kol frowned.

"Not many people are. It's joining the words brother and romance together. It means you have a strong bond, like family," I explained.

"Do we have a 'bromance'?" he smirked.

"It's getting there," I commented. I then sighed. "I suppose I should get dressed. There's nothing worse than the wrath of Rebekah."

"You're quite right."

I placed my hand on the edge of the roof and pushed off, going over the edge and dropping. I landed in a crouch next to Kol and stood up, straightening my bow tie.

"Is that bow tie?" Kol questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Indeed it is. I stole it from Klaus when he wasn't looking," I announced proudly.

"And do you intend to wear it this evening?"

"Of course. Bow ties are cool."

"Rebekah won't be happy."

"I'm sure she'll get over it," I smirked. "Now if you'll excuse me, I believe I have a ball to get ready for."

I went back inside and travelled down a few hallways before coming to the room I'd claimed as my own. Klaus had suggested back when the mansion was being built that I have a room here just in case, so I'd decorated it to my liking. There was a large double bed in the corner and a chest of drawers. Two doors off to the side led to the bathroom and the wardrobe, and in the wardrobe was where I found my dress.

Sighing, I stripped down to my underwear and slipped the dress on. It was extremely poofy. The bodice was tight fitting, and then at the waist it poofed out, reaching the floor. The bodice was a brilliant crimson, and the red material covered the skirt, though it was pulled on the right, revealing the black underneath. Over the red was black lace, giving off a rather gothic look. It had no straps or sleeves, so I was grateful that I'd shaved my armpits recently.

I did my make-up, painting my lips a brilliant crimson, and leaving my hair out in long ringlets. I stood in the mirror and examined myself. I didn't look too bad.

There was just one thing I was concerned about. My arms were left bare, which meant my left wrist could be seen. I looked at it, the black veins still spidering up my arm like a disease. I thought about what Shadow said.

Once it reaches your heart... It'll kill you.

I'd began to suspect as much. Nothing like this could ever turn out good. The veins were almost up to the inside of my elbow and I grimaced. 

No cure.

No way to stop using. Necromancy.

No nothing.

I ran a hand through my hair. I'd tried so hard to keep my mind preoccupied, but I had to face it.

I was going to die, and there was nothing I could do about it. I laughed once. Well, I had a good run I suppose. Saved the world a few times. Met people I actually like, and discovered Johnny Depp. I was set.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts about pending doom and I turned and looked at it.

"Come in," I called, hiding my arm behind my back.

I was slightly surprised to find that it was Elijah at my door, and not Rebekah ready to scold me about not being ready.

"Hey," I smiled.

"You look beautiful," he commented.

"Thanks. I'll admit, Rebekah has good taste."

"Yes. But there's one thing missing," Elijah announced. He held out his hand, revealing black material. It took my a second to realise they were gloves. "I assume you won't be wanted to show that in public." His eyes switched to my arm.

I frowned. "You know?"

"I have since you undaggered me."

"Ah. Well. You don't miss much, do you?"

"Not exactly."

"Tell me. Do you know of a cure?" I asked.

"No, but believe me, I'm looking," he declared. A flash of determination crossed his eyes, as well as a mix of worry.

I shrugged. "So is everyone else, apparently. Have you seen this before?"

"Once," he nodded. "A girl named-"

"Isabella," I finished.

He rose his eyebrows, not expecting me to know.

"Shadow knew her," I explained. "Told me about what happened. How she died."

"It won't happen to you," Elijah stated, as if it were simple fact.

I let out a laugh. "You seem so certain."

"I am."

"Somehow I don't think that will be enough," I sighed. I sat down on the bed and clasped my fingers together.

"Are you okay?" Elijah asked after a moment.

"Yep. Haven't fainted in over eight hours. I'm great."

"That's not what I meant," he said. "How do you feel about this?"

"I thought I declared Stefan as my therapist," I smirked. He gave me a pointed look and I sighed again. "To be honest, I haven't thought much about it. I've been blocking it out. But sooner or later, I'm going to die. But that's okay, because I've come to accept my death in the past. This is no different. I had fun, but it's got to end some day."

"Not as soon as you think."

"I admire that you have hope, Elijah," I smiled. "But hope just isn't enough."

I stood up and walked forwards, taking the gloves from his hands and slipping them on.

He had a frown on his face, obviously not happy with the fact that I expected to die.

"Do me a favor. Don't tell anyone, please," I asked. "Enough people know already. I don't need everyone fussing about me."

"It isn't right," he murmured. "My mother knew this would happen. There's something else going on here."

"You don't trust your mother?" I asked, surprised.

"She has me asking questions I never thought I'd have to."

"So I'm not the only one then," I commented. "If she knew that this would happen, then there's obviously a reason why she wants me to stick around. But not for good..." I frowned.

Just as Elijah went to say something, the door burst open and Rebekah walked in, wearing a beautiful green gown.

"Ah, my choice was right then," she announced, happy with the dress I was wearing. "Now it's time to put it on show. Come along, Marni. We have guests."

I sighed and followed her out of the room, glancing back at Elijah as I did so. Rebekah made a detour to her room, leaving me to walk down the giant staircase that over looked a massive room filled with people in gowns and suits. It all felt so... 1800ish. My heels clicked as I walked down the stairs, flexing my fingers slightly. I never did like wearing gloves. They made me feel uncomfortable.

That was when I spotted a familiar pair of ice blue eyes glues to me. Damon was wearing a suit, and leaning casually against a wall, a champagne flute in hand, but he was watching me. Ignoring the girl who was trying to flirt with him. I rose an eyebrow slightly, before smirking and looking away.

I passed through the crowd, immediately taking a flute of champagne. Soft music was playing in the background, performed by a string quartet in the corner. I spotted a familiar face and made my up to them.

I stood beside Klaus and looked out at the people.

"I still reckon we make a break for it," I stated.

"I could start eating people," he suggested.

"Sounds like a plan," I nodded.

"It would be rather entertaining."

"I say we ditch this place and go get some pizza," I said.

"Don't even think about it," Rebekah hissed, walking past us.

Both Klaus and I laughed as she walked away.

"So... no date?" I asked.

"Don't be ridiculous."

"Well, you've certainly got eyes for someone," I commented suspiciously. He hadn't looked away from what he was looking at since I'd joined him. I followed his gaze and my eyes widened when I saw a familiar blonde wearing a royal blue gown. Caroline's hair was wavy, and she was laughing at something someone had said. I gasped. "Oh my God! You fancy-"

Klaus wrapped his hand around my mouth.

"If you finish that sentence, I'll cut out your tongue," he warned, giving me a stern look.

"Hmmphmhmmphmm," I mumbled against his palm. I pulled his palm away and looked at him. "I'm right, aren't I?"

He didn't respond.

"Wow!" I was completely and utterly shocked. "Wow! I can totally see that now! I could ship that. I definitely could. Infact, I completely ship you guys. Klaroline. I definitely see it."

Klaus glared at me. "Don't even start with the shipping names."

"How long?" I asked.

"Not long."

"It's so cute!"

"Relax Marni. It's not as if I'm in love with the girl," Klaus said, rolling his eyes. "She's interesting, that's all."

"Uh huh," I smirked.

"I'm never going to hear the end of this, am I?"

"Nope."

"Wonderful."

-

It wasn't long later that I spotted Stefan, who also happened to be with Elena.

"Ah, I see the Mikaelson's didn't think about their invitation choices then," I commented, breezing up to them.

Elena rolled her eyes and Stefan sighed.

"You look great," Stefan complimented.

"I know," I smirked. "So do you. You always were good at pulling of suits." I looked at Elena. "Bonnie here?"

"No," she glared. "She decided it would be better to stay home, considering you almost killed her this morning."

"What?" Stefan frowned.

"Please. You obviously don't know how to kill people if you thought I was trying to kill her," I laughed. "It was just a simple mistake."

"What was that about, anyway?" she asked.

"Oh you know... None of your business," I smiled. I heard a familiar voice speak over the others and I tilted my head. "If you'll excuse me."

I pushed past people until I'd reached the bottom of the stair case, where the Originals stood, and Elijah was making some sort of speech. Kol looked at me and motioned for me to join them. I walked up a few steps and leaned against the banister, not paying attention to what was being said.

"And it's all thanks to our mother," Elijah announced, finishing. I snapped my head up, seeing Esther walking down the stairs. She stopped halfway and smiled. I looked away and my gaze met Damon's. He rose an eyebrow and I nodded, confirming that it was the Original Witch.

"Ladies and gentlemen," she began. "Welcome. Tonight is a special occasion, cause for celebration. So please, enjoy the good company and champagne, but first,  we shall start the evening off with a traditional waltz. So if you'll all find a partner, I would like you all to go through to the ball room."

A buzz of chatter started up as people found their partners and moved locations.

"So, what do you say?" Kol asked with a smirk, holding out his hand. "Can I have this dance?"

"Sure," I smiled. Saves dancing with someone I don't like.

We joined the others in the ball room, and the song Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran began playing and I hid a grin. I loved Ed Sheeran.

I smirked at Kol and the dance began. We walked forwards and circled each other, before going to the opposite way Then we came together and I put my hand on his shoulder and grasped his hand with my other.

"You're good," he commented.

"Been dancing my whole life," I replied. I looked around the room. "I love how everyone just happens to know the exact dance to do. It happens at every event. I wonder if they have special training or something."

"Now there's a thought."

Over Kol's shoulder, I spotted Klaus dancing with Caroline, and when he met my gaze, I sent him a wink. He rolled his eyes and I grinned. I also noticed that Damon was dancing with Elena. I smirked. She just couldn't make up her mind. Stefan, to my surprise, was dancing with Rebekah. And here I thought they hated each other.

We danced for a few more minutes, before Kol twirled me out. This was the part of the dance that everyone swapped partners. What I wasn't expecting though, was for my hand to be grabbed and for me to be pulled against Damon's chest.

I sighed. "Let me guess. This isn't coincidence?"

"Pure chance," he winked.

I rolled my eyes. "Having fun with Elena?"

"Not as much as I am now."

"Well, I'm a very fun person."

"I know," he smirked. "Remember all of those times in England?"

"I do. You almost got me killed on several occasions," I reminded him.

"Yes, but I saved you every time."

"That was always something you were good at," I smirked. "Swooping in and saving me at the last second."

Damon shrugged. "It's what I do."

"Those were the days, eh? Too bad things have changed," I sighed.

"Only because you refuse to forgive me," he pointed out.

"I don't refuse to, I just don't want to," I smiled. "Besides. I still don't like you."

"Yes you do."

"Why are you so sure about that?" I asked.

"Because I can see it. I know you better than you know yourself, Marni. I know what you're feeling, I know what you're thinking," he said. 

"Oh really?" I asked. "What am I feeling?"

"Nostalgia. You wish things were the way they used to be. You miss spending time with me, having a laugh over something completely pointless. Plotting against everyone else with me. Coming up with an epic plan to save the day, like we used to," Damon listed.

"We always did have good plans," I agreed.

"You act as if nothing can change, that our friendship is gone forever. But that's what this is. You can't help it. You don't hate me Marni. No, you don't even dislike me. You're hurt. That's what you are," he declared.

I tilted my head. "I got over my pain, Damon."

"Then why is it still in your eyes?"

"Well, I poked myself in the eye today. That's probably what it is."

"You haven't changed. Behind the act that says you don't care, you're still the same funny, smart, beautiful, incredible, insane, girl that I fell in love with," he said.

"Oh stop, you're making me blush," I stated sarcastically.

"Not to mention sarcastic."

"You're right Damon. I don't hate you. I did, but not any more. I still dislike you though. You annoy me. But I'm offering a truce. Lately, as in the past twenty four hours, I've realised that my time's coming to an end. I figure, why not tie up loose ends?" I shrugged. "We've known each other for an extremely long time Damon. Do die and have that completely destroyed... Well, that's a waste of a century and a half."

"You're not going to die," he stated firmly. "I won't let you."

"Do what you must. Don't mistake this for friendship though, Damon. You're still incredibly annoying, and there are times where I could literally kill you. Consider us... Frenemies," I decided.

"Frenemies it is," he nodded, a smirked forming.

"But don't make the crucial mistake of trusting me, because you can't," I warned. "In fact, I could be plotting against you this very second, planning to entrap you in the tomb."

He laughed. "You're not planning that."

"I'm not, but I could be," I stated. "The point is, you can't trust me."

"I know."

"Ah, so you didn't trust me anyway," I grinned.

"No, but I trust you when you say I can't."

"That doesn't make sense."

"It's not meant to," Damon smiled.

"You also didn't trust me with your plan against Klaus," I reminded him.

"I lied to protect you."

"No, you lied because you knew I would stop it," I corrected him. "I would've done the same."

"Then why get so upset about it?"

"Well, when the man you love goes behind your back to try and kill one of your close friends, and has also got most of my other friends in on it, you get a tad angry," I shrugged.

"Angry enough to burn a building to the ground."

"Angry enough to turn my emotions off," I said, a small smile on my lips. We twirled, the music still playing.

"Yet you still have them."

"One can never truly turn their emotions off. You know that."

"I do."

"But they can sure as hell try," I finished. Over his shoulder, I saw Stefan and Elena leaving the room. I tilted my head. Stefan looked back, and he caught my gaze. I knew that look. He was being sneaky. The question was, what about?

"You have that look," Damon said.

"What look?" I asked distractedly.

"That you know someone's up to something, and you're going to find out," he observed.

I looked at him and rose an eyebrow. "I have a look for that?"

"Yes. It's rather unnerving. It happens right before you do something that changes everything."

"I am rather good at that," I admitted.

The music ended and the dancing stopped. I stepped back from Damon and went to say something, but my hearing picked up on a certain conversation, and I cocked my head to the side.

"My mother wishes to speak to you, Elena Gilbert." I knew that voice. That was Finn's voice. "But she requested that you come alone."

"I know, I'm working on it."

I snapped back to reality when Damon shook my arm.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"I'm not entirely sure." I frowned. "If you'll excue me, I have to go."

"I'm coming with you."

"No you're not," I argued. "I agreed to be frenemies Damon. Frememies don't work together."

"Well, at least let me know what's going on," he snapped.

"And I will. Once I figure it out."

I left, following where I saw Stefan and Elena leave. What did that mean? She was 'working on it'? Working on what? I moved through the hallways, until I found an open door leading out to the garden. Stefan stood there, hands in pockets, looking at the trees. I walked out, joining him.

"Why does the Original Witch want to see Elena?" I asked.

"Damon told you?"

"No. I just have good hearing."

"It's nothing, really," he insisted.

"Great. That means you can tell me," I grinned. "You and Elena are hiding something. Even from Damon, and I want to know what it is."

Stefan sighed. "The Original Witch wants to speak to Elena, and Damon is refusing to let her because he thinks that she'll be killed, to stop Klaus from making more hybrids."

"Ah, so you and Elena are trying to find a way around Damon," I realised. "Why don't you care?"

"I think Elena needs to make her own decisions."

"Why do I get the feeling you're about to ask me for a favor?" I mused, turning to look at him.

"The only way we can find out what the Original Witch wants, is if Elena sees her. But that can't happen if Damon's around."

"You want me to distract him," I smirked.

"Yes."

"And why do you think that would work?"

"Because he's still in love with you. I overheard your conversation," he admitted.

"Did you now?"

"Yes."

"You're right. I would be the perfect distraction. But the question is Stefan, why should I help you?"

"Because I'm asking."

"And on all other occasions, I probably would. But helping you also helps Elena, so you can see why I'm a bit opposed to this," I stated.

"Look at it this way. The Original Witch might in fact kill Elena, therefore you'd get want you want," he shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "Killing Elena isn't what I want. But, it is a bonus." I sighed and tilted my head back. "Alright Stefan, I'll help you. But on one condition."

"And that is?"

"Stop hurting yourself."

"What?"

"I'm not stupid. I've known you for a very long time, Stefan. You're in love with Elena, but she's torn between you and Damon. That's the thing with Doppelganger's. You put up a good front, but I see it. You're willing to do anything for her." I smiled a little. "Love is one of the most dangerous things of all. Don't let it control you."

"Why are you saying this?"

"You've always been there to give me advice, Stefan. Now it's my turn. And knowing that you're still wrapped around Elena's finger when I die, well, let's say I will be pissed as a ghost," I laughed.

"You're not going to die."

"You're all so ignorant. I am. But it's okay," I smiled.

"No it's not."

"It is. But let's focus on the present," I smirked, pulling my phone out.

-

I stood in one of the many studies in the large house, examining a bookcase. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned, seeing Damon walk in.

"Hey, I got your text, what's up?" he asked.

"Remember when I said you couldn't trust me?" I started.

"Yes."

"Well, this is one of those times," I informed him.

"Why? What's going on?" Damon asked suspiciously.

"I'm distracting you," I told him. 

"What?"

"LOOK!" I shouted, pointing at nothing in particular. "A DISTRACTION!" He didn't look away from me, he just narrowed his eyes. "Damn," I muttered. "That always works."

"Why are you trying to distract me?"

"To be completely honest with you, Stefan asked me to do it," I answered. I probably shouldn't have said that. Whoops. Oh well.

Damon frowned, and then realisation lit up on his face.

"Elena's going to the Original Witch."

"Yep," I answered, popping the 'p'.

"Why are you telling me?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Dunno actually. I'm sure there's a good reason."

He turned and and went to leave.

"Damon, wait!" I called.

He looked back at me. "What?"

"I still have to distract you."

Mentally slapping myself for what I was about to do, I reached out and grabbed his hand before pulling him towards me. I pulled myself against his chest and kissed him full on the lips. He was surprised at first, but responded instantly, wrapping his arms around me. I'd forgotten how good of a kisser he was.

I moved my hands up and grabbed his face, before twisting his head to the side. A loud snap echoed through the room and Damon crumpled to the ground, unconscious. My breath was a little raggid and I looked down at him.

I heard a cough and I looked up to find Stefan and Elena in the doorway, surprised looks on their faces. On Elena's I detected a flash of jealousy.

"Well, that was fun," I commented. "He won't be out for long, so I suggest you get going."

Elena left, leaving me, Stefan and Damon's unconscious form.

"You kissed him," Stefan commented.

"I did," I nodded.

"Wasn't expecting that."

"Neither was I."

"Why exactly did you do it?"

"Because I knew it would work," I shrugged. "That and I couldn't resist the chance to piss off Elena."

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

"It was a brilliant idea. I'll have to use it in the future. Next time some one tries to kill me, I'll kiss them. Not if it's a girl though. That'd be strange. Nothing against gays of course. Just not my type," I prattled on.

"You're changing the subject," Stefan pointed out.

"No I'm not, I'm ignoring the question," I corrected.

"Why?"

"Because I don't know the answer to it," I murmured, my gaze lowering to Damon. He looked as if he were sleeping. "Strange thing, human emotions are. They never make up their mind." I snapped my head up to Stefan. "I suggest you go back to the party. He won't be very happy when he wakes up."

"You're staying?"

"Someone has to explain what happened," I shrugged.

Stefan studied me for a moment before nodding and leaving the room.

-

I sat boredly in one of the leather chairs, flipping through an old dusty book about something unimportant. Everytime I moved, my dress would make a ruffling noise, and it was irritating me. I was half tempted to take it off, although I don't think now would be the time to be naked.

I heard a breath intake, and a second later, Damon shot up, glaring at me with a livid expression.

"Ah, good," I grinned, tossing the book on the desk and standing up. "You're awake."

"What happened?" he demanded.

"Well, I sent you a text, you came here, asking what I wanted, I told you I was distracting you because Elena wanted to speak to the Original Witch, you went to leave, and then I kissed you," I explained. "Right before I snapped your neck. And here we are."

"Why did you do that?"

"I was doing Stefan a favor," I shrugged. "But don't blame him."

"Where's Elena?"

"Still with Esther," I replied. "I wouldn't bother going up there though, Finn's keeping guard. Scary bloke. You'll probably be dead by the time you get to the door."

He sighed and paced back and forth.

"I warned you that you couldn't trust me."

"I'm aware." He turned to me, curiosity in his eyes. "Why did you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"What you were doing before you did it?"

I shrugged. "Don't know."

He frowned, before looking into my eyes. "You kissed me."

"That I did."

"Why?"

"To distract you."

"No... it was more than that. That wasn't just a kiss to distract," he smirked.

"You're reading too much into it," I replied. "I knew it would work, so I did it."

"You could've simply snapped my neck. Why kiss me before hand?"

"Dramatic effect. And I knew Elena was watching," I laughed. "The look on her face was priceless."

"Why else?"

"I dunno, you're a good kisser?" I offered. "Like I said. You're reading too much into it. After all, a kiss hardly means anything, right?" I smiled and reached up, patting his face. "Enjoy your evening Damon."

I casually strolled out of the room, humming to myself as I went. I headed back downstairs, deciding whether or not what I just did was a huge mistake. I shrugged it off. Who cares? 

I accidentally bumped into someone and looked up to find it was Elijah.

"Oh, hello," I greeted. "I really should start watching where I walk. Enjoying your night?"

"Well, it's not exactly my choice of fun," Elijah smirked.

"Same here."

Suddenly, silence fell on the crowd, and I realised that Esther was once again standing halfway down the staircase, making a speech. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, waiters are coming around now with pink champagne," she announced loudly. As if on cue, waiters appeared, handing us all glasses. I rose an eyebrow at Elijah and he shrugged slightly, taking one. I did the same. "I would like to propose a toast," she continued. "To family."

There were murmurs of agreement, and everyone clinked their glasses against one another’s. I smiled at Elijah, repeating the action. I took a sip, and then frowned. Something was very odd about this. 

"Oh no," I murmured. "Not again."

My vision started getting very hazy again, and I tried to say something but words wouldn't come out. Elijah turned to me, setting his glass down.

"Marni?"

I blinked rapidly before my surroundings started to spin. I blacked out just before I hit the floor.

-

I snapped my eyes open, and above me was a ceiling. That wasn't surprising. Ceilings did appear to have a tendancy to be above you. I was lying on a bed of sorts, from what I could tell, and there were several people in the room. I could hear them talking. None of them had noticed I was awake yet.

"Twice in one day," Klaus murmured.

"What happened to her?" I heard Damon ask.

"She passed out, obviously," Kol replied snidely. "Why are you even here? From what I've been told, Marni doesn't like you much."

"Kol," came Esther's warning voice.

"Just saying."

"Just say else where," Damon snapped.

"Damon," Stefan chastised. "Need I remind you that we're in a room full of Original vampires? You may want to dile down the hate."

"Stefan's right, Damon," Rebekah said. "You don't stand a chance against us. We could kill you and your brother instantly."

"Marni wouldn't be very happy about that," Damon stated.

"If any of you would take the time to stop arguing with each other," Elijah began. "You'll realise that Marni's awake."

"So glad you could notice," I spoke cheerfully, having sat up. I rolled my shoulders back and shuddered. "Never did like passing out."

"What causes this to happen?" Esther asked.

"Another witch has been channelling her power," Rebekah answered for me.

"No," I argued immediately. "I was wrong. Forget everything I said before. It's definitely not that, I assure you."

I was lying though. That was exactly it. But I couldn't let Esther know I knew, because it was her that was channelling me. My gaze flickered to her, and I was positive I saw a flash of relief. 

"Then what is it?" Stefan asked.

"It's not someone else channelling my magic, it's me," I lied. "I hadn't realised, but subconsciously, I've been using massive amounts of power. I used a lot when I was trying to open the coffin before I realised I actually couldn't. It's all catching up to me now. Yes... Yes that's definitely it. Now that that's sorted... Cheese cake. I want cheese cake. Yes, that's exactly what I want."

I walked past them all and into the wardrobe, closing the door behind me, where my clothes from earlier that day were laying on the floor. I changed back into them in under a minute, and I walked back out, adjusting my boots as I did.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm leaving," I announced.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"Somewhere. Haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll go to the park. Or the library. You can never fully know with these things," I shrugged. I walked to the window and slid it up.

"What are you doing?" Kol frowned.

"Doors are for people without imagination," I winked, before ducking under and pushing myself off the edge. The ground was a rather big drop down, but it didn't bother me. 

The wind swept my hair around, and I landed lightly on the ground in a crouch, before disappearing in a blur.

-

I was sitting on a park bench in the Town Square, the wind playing with my hair slightly. It was late, but there were still signs of life around. I could hear people talking from inside the Grill, and the other shops around.

I didn't move when someone sat down beside me, I just continued gazing at the roses that were lit up by a street lamp.

"Figured it out then?" I guessed.

"You lied to them," Elijah stated.

"I did."

"You know who's channelling you."

"I do."

"Who is it?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked. "Your mother."

"I suspected as much."

"I'm actually surprised I didn't figure it out sooner," I continued. "Why else would she want to keep me alive? But why does she want my power?"

"Maybe because hers are waning."

"It's not just that. She's here for a reason. And the spell she's doing takes an enormous amount of power... But what is it? What would she need that powerful a spell for? What do you think?"

"I have no idea," Elijah said. "But I think I know who does."

I smirked. "I think it's best if you speak to Elena. She doesn't like me."

"Maybe I'll make a house call."

-

Yet again, I was sitting on the roof. The sun had risen, and was shining brightly. I made a face at it. The morning air was cold, and I had my hands shoved into the pockets of my coat. 

Something was different this morning. It was like the calm before the storm. For some reason, I had a feeling that today was going to change everything, and I didn't like it.

Elijah had spoken to Elena, and she'd claimed that Esther did indeed just want to be a family again. I didn't believe her at all. 

"Thought I'd find you up here," an amused voice said.

I looked up to see that Klaus had joined me. He sat down beside me and looked out at the sky.

"It's a nice spot," I replied.

"What's wrong, love?" he asked.

"What makes you think there's something wrong?" I questioned.

"You're crying."

I touched my eye, and sure enough, there was a tear there.

"Huh. So I am. That's odd," I frowned. "I don't feel like I'm crying. In fact, I'm perfectly fine. Maybe I poked myself in the eye again."

He laughed.

"So... saw you dancing with Caroline last night," I smirked.

"Yes you did. I also saw you dancing with Damon last night," he replied.

"Wasn't my choice."

"You had an interesting conversation."

"Does no one respect privacy around here?" I asked.

"Not really."

"Of course not."

"What did you mean about your time's coming to an end?" he asked.

Crap.

"Do you ever just wake up and accept the fact that this might be the day that you die?" I asked. "Well, there have been a lot of them lately."

Klaus frowned. "You think you're going to die?"

"I don't know. It just kind of feels like it. Like I know when it's coming," I stated.

"Well, if there's something I know about you, Marni Salvatore, it's that you won't go without a fight," he smirked. "You'll go kicking and screaming the whole way."

I smiled. "You're probably right about that."

"Of course I am. I'm always right."

I scoffed. "Uh huh."

"You lack faith, Marni."

"Yes, in you're ability to always be right."

He rolled his eyes.

-

"So, Elena is definitely lying," I announced when Elijah picked up the phone.

It was the afternoon now, and the sun was starting to go down. I was in the Grill, and I was people watching. Kol and Klaus were up at the bar, Bonnie and Caroline were sitting at a table, giving the brothers wary looks now and again, and I could see Matt and Jeremy playing a game of darts. 

"What makes you think that?"

"Because it's Elena. She knows I would want to know what Esther wanted with her, and she knows you would tell me."

"I had the same thought. I'm actually on my way to speak with her again now."

"Good, let me know how it went."

"Will do."

I hung up and placed my phone on the table. I fidgeted with my hands. It was something I did when I was thinking. What was Esther trying to achieve? What did she want? Maybe to restore her magic to it's full potential. No... that wasn't it. Channelling wouldn't do anything to help that. And what did she want with Elena? I narrowed my eyes. It couldn't be good. 

It was half an hour later that I arrived at the Salvatore boarding house.

When I entered the living room, both Damon and Stefan were pacing, distressed looks on there faces.

"Whoa, who died?" I joked.

They both looked at me.

"Where's Rebekah keeping Elena?" Stefan asked.

"Huh?"

"Rebekah has Elena. Where?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I frowned. "What do you mean Rebekah has Elena?"

"She doesn't know," Damon said to Stefan. He then turned to me. "Your buddy Elijah turned up about ten minutes ago."

"Lovely. Your point?"

"He found out that Esther is planning to kill all of the Originals, tonight."

I froze and my expression went livid. "What?"

"She used Elena's blood to bind them together. What happens to one happens to all," Stefan explained. "Tonight's the full moon. When it reaches it's apex, she'll preform the spell to kill one of them."

"That's impossible," I snapped. "None of them will be willing to die."

"Yeah, about that. Finn's volunteered," Damon stated.

"No... No, no, no, NO!" I shouted, kicking a wooden chair very hard. It flung across the room and splintered against the wall. "That's what she was up to the whole time! She didn't want to become a family again... she wanted to destroy it!" I angrily paced back and forth. "Why didn't I see this?"

"Well, all we know is that Rebekah's going to kill Elena if we don't figure out how to stop Esther by six past seven," Stefan informed me. "That's when the moon hits its apex."

"I don't care about Elena!" I hissed. I was angry. I was very angry. "And this is my fault. I got Bonnie to open the coffin, and it's my power she's channelling. And I don't know how to stop her!"

I stopped dead in my tracks, a million thoughts going through my head. Suddenly, it all clicked together. The dream I had. All of them telling me it was my fault. Why Damon and Stefan and all of the others faded away when the Originals died. They're all connected. If the Originals die... so do all of the other vampires.

"Oh this is extremely very not good," I muttered. Suddenly, a thought struck me. "She's channelling my power... But she can't channel it if there's no witch to channel from..."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan frowned. But Damon got it.

"No!" Damon snarled. "Don't even think about it."

"Try and stop me," I glared. Instead of going to the front door, I slipped through the kitchen, picking up something as I went.

I rushed out into the forest, running to where I thought Esther would be. I moved fast, because I knew Damon would be behind me, but he didn't know where I was going.

It wasn't long before I reached the giant old white house in the middle of the forest, I stopped behind some trees, examining what was happening before me. Esther and Finn were standing in a circle that had been made of ash. Inside the circle, the ash had been spread to make a pentagram, and at each five points was a torch that had been dug into the ground and lit on fire.

Elijah, Klaus and Kol were already there, standing outside of the circle.

"That's lovely, that is," Kol snorted as he tried to enter the circle. The flames grew angry and rose up, forcing him to take a few steps back. "We're stuck out here, while you're in there, playing sacrificial lamb."

He was obviously talking to Finn.

"Be quiet, Kol," Esther snapped. "Finn has more virtue than you'll ever know. Even you Elijah, with your claim to knobility. You've still murdered people in cold blood."

"Even so," Elijah stated. "Kill your children will be a monstrosity."

"I only wish I had've done it a thousand years ago," she continued. "Now it's my duty to undo what I've done."

"Enough," Klaus said. "All this talk is boring me. Finish this mother, or I'll send you back to hell."

"You truly are a monster," Esther spat.

"Now that's not very nice," I announced, walking into view. I stopped a few feet away from the circle. 

"I was wondering when you would join us," Esther commented.

"Well, when I found out you were planning to kill your family, I thought I'd come see the show," I smiled. 

"You can't stop it. I need to undo this," she said.

"No, you don't. If you kill them, every single vampire dies," I snapped. "You'll wipe out an entire species."

"How did you figure that out?" she asked curiously.

"It came to me in a dream," I shrugged. "You know me, I figure these things out." I stopped and looked at her. "Actually, you don't know me. We've only talked to each other, what, five or six times? So you haven't figured it out yet."

"Figure what out?"

"Your mistake. You have made a crucial mistake in this clever little plan of yours," I announced. "And it was a good plan, a very good plan. But there is one thing you should never do if you're planning against me."

"And what's that?"

"Have me in it," I smirked. "I'm not stupid, Esther. I know it's you channelling my power. You're using my magic to cast this spell, to kill your family."

"I'm sorry, it had to be done."

"I don't think you realise just how dangerous it is to go against me," I mused. "Because I know how to stop you channelling me, which will ruin your plan."

"You can't kill me," she stated. "You can't enter the circle."

"Oh, I know that," I smirked. "But there's another way."

She lifted her head up. "You wouldn't do that."

"Oh I would," I grinned. "Which is why I brought something along with me." From behind my back, I pulled out a sharp knife which I'd taken from the kitchen. I held it above my heart and pressed the tip into my shirt.

"Marni, what the hell are you doing?" Klaus hissed.

"Saving your life," I told him.

"Marni, stop!"

Damon and Stefan had joined us. They both rushed forwards, but his an invisible barrier I'd thrown up.

"You are many things Marni," Esther started. "But you're not suicidal. You have too much to live for."

"That's where you're wrong," I corrected her. I dragged the sleeve of my left arm up. "You see, it's only a matter of time before I die anyway. So you have two choices, Esther. You either stop channelling me now, and walk away from this, or I kill myself and cut off the link between us. Either way, you're not going to win tonight."

Damon and Stefan were both struggling to get to me, as were Kol, Klaus and Elijah.

"Don't be insane," Elijah growled.

"Bit too late for that," I smirked.

"I'm sorry Marni, but I'm going to have to call your bluff," Esther stated.

I smiled. "Too bad I'm not bluffing." 

"DON'T!" Damon roared.

I looked at him.

"Told you I'd go out with a bang," I winked.

I thrust the knife deep into my chest and I gasped, pain rushing through me. I fell to my knees and when I tried to breathe, I found that my mouth was filled with a warm liquid. I pulled the knife out and dropped in on the ground, before everything cut out and went black.

-

*Third Person POV*

-

The morning air was cold, and the sun shone through the clouds, lighting up the cemetery. Eleven people stood, circling a hole in the ground that had recently been filled in. The dirt was still fresh, considering it had only been there for less than an hour.

Damon Salvatore stood with his hands in his pockets, staring at the ground. He was unnaturally still, and didn't speak a word. All that was running through his mind was the last thing he'd seen her do. 

The emotions rushing through him were excruciating, although he only showed it through his eyes. He felt broken. Like his whole world had been ripped away from him.

It had.

Where they were standing was the place where the girl he'd loved was buried. Above all, he was angry. Angry at the fact that she would do this to him. No matter what, she'd put her loved ones before her. But this time it had cost her her life. She must've known somehow that something like this would happen. That's why she'd given up on trying to find a cure for what the Necromancy had been doing to her.

But none of that mattered now. She was gone. And this time for good. This wasn't magical. There was no plan. She was just dead, and she wasn't coming back.

Across from Damon was Stefan, who was also staring at the ground. He didn't know what to feel. He couldn't accept the fact that she was actually gone. He looked up at Damon. He couldn't imagine what he was feeling. His brother had loved her.

Damon paid no attention to the people around him. He could feel his brother's eyes on him, but he didn't look up. He could hear Caroline sobbing softly next to Matt, but that was the only noise that was made. Elena and Bonnie stood to one side. He didn't even know why they were here. Hadn't they wanted this? Apparently not.

Jeremy stood next to Alaric, tears in his eyes, while Alaric patted his back. Shadow stood to the back of the crowd, watching the others. He couldn't believe she'd done this. She'd been so lively and passionate, like nothing could defeat her. She'd accepted her death when she realised that the Necromancy would kill her, but Shadow had been convinced that she would fight her way through it, come out with a brilliant plan like she usually did. Not this time though.

Mia and Emma stood side by side, both had tears in there eyes. Damon couldn't bare to look at Mia.  She was identical to her, and looking at her brought on a world of pain he'd rather not feel.

He couldn't face it. He refused to accept it, but he didn't have a choice.

Marni Salvatore was dead, and there wasn't a thing he could do about it.

-

Klaus downed his fifth glass of scotch, staring into the flames of the fireplace. Rebekah was sitting in an arm chair, tears silently rolling down her cheeks. Elijah stood by the window, staring out with no emotion on his face. 

"Why would she do this?" Rebekah sobbed to herself.

"She did it to save us," Elijah stated. "She's always been like that. Putting herself before others."

Finn and Esther had disappeared, leaving straight after Marni had killed herself. Klaus was glad, although he would happily rip out their throats.

"She was a lot like Claudia," Kol commented from the couch.

"She was."

"Even after knowing her for a short time... You couldn't help but like her," he continued.

"She's always had that effect on people," Klaus stated. "Even when she tried to kill me, I couldn't help but admire her."

"And now she's gone," Rebekah murmured.

Kol snapped his head up, a sudden thought crossing his mind. Of course. Why hadn't he remembered this? He suddenly felt very stupid.

"Excuse me, I think I need to get a bite to eat," he muttered, before leaving the house.

Kol moved fast, rushing through the forest. The sky had clouded over, and it looked as if it were threatening to rain. He couldn't believe he'd forgotten about this. He resisted the urge to dagger himself. 

When he had found Marni yesterday on the side walk, when she passed out, he'd given her blood, in case something bad had happened to her that wasn't visible.

Marni had vampire blood in her system.

Finally, Kol reached the cemetery, where he knew she'd been buried. It was a long shot. The blood may have passed out of her system by now, and he could be wrong.

But he knew he was right, because in front of him, was a hole in the ground. The dirt was sinking in where something had previously been. Someone had clawed their way out of it. But that's not what gave it away.

There was a man laying on the ground, blood covering his neck. He was dead. And behind him, was a girl with dirt covering her clothes. Her hair was wild and messy, and she had a crazy look in her eyes.

Kol smirked. "Hello, love."

Marni Salvatore bared her fangs at him.

_____________________________________________________________________________

ERMAGHERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY FLYING DUCK SAUCE GOD!

HOLY TARDIS!

DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?!!!

Wow. Did I surprise anyone? Did you guys see it coming? Yes? Well, that's unfortunate. Here I thought you'd all be shocked out of your mind.

So... that was fun. Had some bromance bonding.

I've named Marni and Kol's bromance Kolarni. There was some Mefan, some Klarni, some Elarni, some Kolarni, and let's not forget the Mamon action. 

Marni kissed Damon... thought you Mamon fans would enjoy that.

So, Marni died. Nothing new. Although she's a vampire now. Didn't see that one coming at all.

SEE? I MADE GOOD ON MY PROMISE!!!!!! It's been less than a week since I last uploaded, and here I am, presenting you a new chapter.

Am I great or what?

No?

Okay.

Oh, and to let you know, I've decided who the winner is for the Shadow and Ash comp is, but I'll put that next chapter, because I'm putting a lovely picture of Kol on this one.

Well, I'll let you guys sit there and contemplate life for a bit.

Remember.

Bow ties are cool.

TOODLES.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 2.7K 15
Dear diary, Well I'm officially going back to Mystic Falls to see my brothers. I haven't been there ever since I was turned into a werewolf. I'm not...
258K 5.4K 36
Lucy Salvatore, born, raised and died in Mystic Falls 1864. She is now a vampire in present time and has to deal with the supernatural world along wi...
386K 11K 23
(SEQUEL TO I'M NOT KATHERINE SO READ THAT FIRST!) Damon's humanity is back but only to disappears when Karin's death crushes his soul. Is Karin gone...
19.7K 401 18
Damon wants to find his little brother whom he lost when he was human, he was also turned by Katherine. Now when he will find him, how it will change...