Monsters in the Mines: Josh W...

By ChloeReds

Elena Kennedy, best friend of Beth and Hannah Washington, choose to stay behind and let Beth look for Hannah... More

One Year Ago
Memento Mori: Chris
Memento Mori: Jess
Jealousy: Lock
Jealousy: Boiler
Isolation
Loyalty
Psychosis: DollHouse
Psychosis: Old Hotel
Psychosis: Saw
Violence
Revelation: Stranger
Revelation: Bitten
Karma
Resolution: Mines
Resolution: Wendigo
In the Mines
Hospital

Jealousy: Kiss

1.8K 53 31
By ChloeReds

"What's up party people!" Mike shouts as he walks in with Jessica.

"Hey!" Jess calls out at well.

"Hey!" Josh smiles and hugs them as they walk in. "Good to have you guys here."

Everyone gets settled into the living room and Jesse and Mike begin making out,"Oh, my God. That is so gross." Emily rolls her eyes, "Are you trying to swallow his face whole?"

"Em..." Matt tries to stop Emily from starting a fight.

"Seriously, can she be any more obvious?" Emily looks over to Jess, "No one wants in on your territory, honey."

I roll my eyes and whisper under my breath, "is that so?"

Emily looks over to me, having heard me, but before she can say anything Jess is walking over to her, "excuse me, did you say something?"

"Oh did you not hear me?" Emily turns back to Jess, "Was your sluttiness too loud?"

"Sounds like someone's bitter she didn't make the cut."

"Yeah, it's all a big cattle call with that dreamboat. Congrats, you're top cow."

"Cuts real deep calling Miss Homecoming a cow."

Matt steps in, "Em, come on..."

"Shut up, Matt..." Emily snaps back at him.

"Stay out of it, you dumb oaf." Jess looks over to Matt.

"HEY!" I step toward Jess, "guys that's enough."

"What?" Jess shrugs, "Emily's the only one who can put him down? No one else can play with her toys?"

"You're such a bitch!" Emily steps toward Jess.

"Whatever, I don't give a crap what you think." Jess turns and, with a lot of sass, walks away.

"At least I can think. 4.0, bitch, honor roll. Suck on that when you're trying to sleep your way into a job."

"Who needs grades when you've got all the natural advantages you can handle?"

"Oh please." Emily rolls her eyes.

"You couldn't buy a moldy loaf of bread with your skanky ass."

"Are you serious? Do you think that's insulting?"

"That bitch is on crack or something." Jess looks down to Mike.

"Jessica, you need to shut your mouth, okay?" I sigh.

"No, you're the one who needs to keep your nose out of other people's business!" Jess snaps back at me.

"I'm about to get right up in your business, you bitch." Emily takes a few steps toward Jess.

"Are we about to get real? Cause I am down to get real." Jess walks up to Emily, clearly ready for a fight.

"STOP IT!" Josh stands up, "This is not why we came up here. This is not... helping. It's not what I wanted. If we can't get along for ten minutes then maybe we need a little bit of a break, right? Mike, why don't you check out the guest cabin. The one I told you about."

"Yeah... yeah," Mike nods, "Alright. Want to go do that?" Mike walks over to Jess.

"Any place without that whore." Jess nods.

"It's right up the trail." Josh looks between Jess and Mike.

Jess and mike leave, while Matt imitates his head exploding, "Phew!.. Glad that's over!"

Josh goes over to the fire place. "Yeah."

I nod and cross my arms, out of cold, "So Josh... uh, should we get this fire going?"

Emily walks over to her luggage, that Matt brought up alone, and lets out a sigh, "Where's my bag?"

"Huh?" Matt looks over to her before walking over to her.

"My bag! The little bag with the pink pattern! The one I got on Rodeo! Matt are you listening? Oh my god, don't you remember? Next to the Italian shoe place where I got the stilettos and you knocked over the rack while you were drooling all over that girl at the counter?"

"Well, I mean, she was asking about my letter jacket."

"Right. Because she gave a shit about your 'designer' letter jacket."

I roll my eyes and look down to Josh as the two fight. "Why do you hate my jacket?" Matt shakes his head.

"MATT, I need MY BAG!"

"Oh, my God, Em. Maybe you just forgot it..."

"Do you seriously think I'd forget my bag?"

"Well, I..."

"Do you?"

"Guess not."

"You must have left it down by the cable car  station."

"Ugh!"

"C'mon hun. We'll be back soon."

"And then we can get warm?"

"We can get very warm."

"Okay, okay, let's go."

The couple leave and I mimic throwing up and Josh chuckles softly. Sam stands and walks up the stairs, "Okay, I am gonna go take a bath."

"See ya," I wave at Sam as she walks away.

When she gets to the top of the stairs, Josh jumps up, "oh, I need to give the key to the cabin to Mike and Jess. I'll be right back." Josh runs off.

I look up to the balcony and see Sam motioning for me to follow Josh, I shake my head, Sam motions again and mouths, 'go.' I shake my head and mouth back 'no.' Sam gives me a stern look and motions again. I sigh softly and look around before looking back up to her, 'fine.' i roll my eyes. Sam nods and walks off into one of the hallways. I grab a blanket and using it as a mock coat as I walk out.

I walk over to the area Josh went off in and hear him talking to Mike and Jess, "Oh, almost forgot. Gotta fire up the generator so you can see where you're going. It's dark out there." As Josh turns around I set out onto the porch, "hey, Elena."

I smile and look over to Mike and Jess, "Not that I think you guys have a problem with leaving us, but are you guys sure you'll be okay walking all the way out to the guest cabin?"

Mike nods, "Yeah, it's not that far and we'll have plenty to keep us busy when we get there."

I nod and roll eye my eyes as I look around, "I'm sure." there is an awkward silence, "Well, see ya guys later."

Mike and Jess walk off into the woods, Josh and I watch them for a second before he turns to me, "Soo..."

"Soo..." I chuckle and look around as I nervously bite my lip.

"You know if you do that enough you'll mess up the nerves in your lip."

"What?" I look over to Josh a little thrown off.

"If you bite your lip like that." Josh chuckles softly, "no, it's better if someone else bites it for you."

I chuckle and shake my head, "Is that so?"

"Medically proven fact, babe."

"I'm sure it is." I nod and chuckle, "uh... know anyone who would be willing to uh... help me with that?"

"Uh... I could think so someone..." Josh steps closer to me, running his hand up my arms, that are still crossed due to the cold, and under the blanket that is covering me. "Are you cold?"

I nod and look down, "A little."

Josh smirks and nods, "I think I can help with that."

We inch closer and closer, but before our lips can touch, Ashley calls out to us, "hey, Josh..." She looks over to us as Josh looks over to her, over his shoulder, "oh sorry, uh... We still need a fire in here."

Josh nods,"Yeah, we'll be right in." Ashley nods and heads back inside. "Not the moment I was hoping for." Josh looks back to me.

I look up to him and take a deep breath, "Not exactly."

Josh and I stand there for a moment, but when I think he is going to move away and step back inside he leans down and gives me a quick kiss, before walking toward the door, "to be continued." I stand there in shock for a moment before hearing Josh call to me, standing with the door open, "You stand there any longer and you'll be a snowman. I'll admit a rather sexy snowman, but still." I laugh and shake my head as I walk in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 1K 10
You were once in a relationship with your friend Josh's sister Beth. When her and her sister Hannah went missing it was hard on you as you were depre...
41.4K 1.1K 13
the best friend of beth washington, joins the gang on their anniversary-trip up to the mountains. things start going south when not only is a psycho...
8.5K 318 17
This is an Until Dawn fanfiction. In this fanfiction, you get to be immersed in the story of Until Dawn! You've known Christopher Hartley for years...
29.2K 696 16
"Back to this hellhole, huh?" "I wouldn't call it a hellhole" He mutters. "Oh, but I would." I snap harshly. He almost flinches. "(Y/n), I'm sorry. I...